Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,319 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch (31851 Views)

Osinbajo Makes 9 Appointments As Acting President / Osinbajo Remains Acting President As I Continue My Rest - President Buhari / Buhari Fires Abeshi, Appoints Babandede As Acting Immigration Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by igraman(m): 7:30am On Feb 07, 2016
h
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by deolu2000(m): 7:31am On Feb 07, 2016
henrydadon:
he has been attending wedding..but wait oo..did osibanjo at any time had any position in government office before he became vice president ?
He was the commissioner for justice in Lagos state under the tinubu govt for some years.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by adefizzy(m): 7:32am On Feb 07, 2016
henrydadon:
he has been attending wedding..but wait oo..did osibanjo at any time had any position in government office before he became vice president ?

U can consult the oracles for that #soroniyen
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by brilliant5(m): 7:32am On Feb 07, 2016
He was on weekend. His personal life jare
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Blackops(m): 7:36am On Feb 07, 2016
Take it or leave it, it would be written in the history books that he was president for 5 days.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Flexherbal(m): 7:37am On Feb 07, 2016
Has he made any major decision?

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by orimahspence: 7:41am On Feb 07, 2016
Pavarottii:
Funniest govt since the inception of Nigeria.
No experience at all. In leadership!

I weep for my country.

What would be your job if you don't , last time i checked, weeping is among the job descriptions of wailers, please do your job well

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by arigold1304(m): 7:44am On Feb 07, 2016
make una use us dy play....
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by dammytosh: 7:45am On Feb 07, 2016
kilokeys:
Oooh.. That one was on vacation since?

See as men dey use naija play..

Many pple belle dey on vacation.
Many pple cv dey on vacation

Who Sai?

# singing fela's beast of no nation

APC don play us game.. Chai..

When i see comments like this i wonder if this is being mischievous or being ignorant.

I strongly believe it is extreme ignorance.

As an entry level worker in a standard institution, u are entitled to 20 working days leave besides other leaves like sick leave study leave etc and yes !! U can take ur leave anytime in the work year.

So if your line manager allow u, u can be on vacation for the whole of January withot ish.

So wat exactly is the luxury for a sitting President to have 5 working days out of his entitled leave ?
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Pavarottii(m): 7:46am On Feb 07, 2016
orimahspence:

What would be your job if you don't , last time i checked, weeping is among the job descriptions of wailers, please do your job well
Why are u helping me wail? I don't need ur assistance. Atleast a wailer is better than a zombie. So stick to ur suffering and smiling life. Why I leave my own happily cos I never expected anything from this govt like u did. And am sure, deep in ur soul, u r disappointed but can't come out and say it. That's worse than wailing, hope u know that?

Enjoy ur change grin

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by AyakaDunukofia: 7:48am On Feb 07, 2016
After the trauma and drama of Yaradua's, the abokiis are simp!y holding their breath.

If anything..., this time around, they will simp!y jettison the constitution and superimpose their man on Osinbade.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by dammytosh: 7:50am On Feb 07, 2016
Pavarottii:
No experience at all. In leadership!

I weep for my country.

He is a Professor of Law, a Pastor and a former commisioner in Lagos State.

What leadership experience are u talking about ?

All this "i too know" breed of wailers self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by cactuscee(m): 7:51am On Feb 07, 2016
OKDnigeria:
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday started
what the Presidency described in a three-
paragraph statement as a short vacation.

For six days, the 73-year-old retired general
would not be at his duty post. Unlike what
happened under late President Musa Yar’Adua
that forced the National Assembly to adopt the
doctrine of necessity, Buhari did not leave a
vacuum. He was said to have written to the two
chambers of the National Assembly as required by
law that Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo would hold
the fort for him while the vacation lasted.

As of the time the Special Adviser to the President
on Media and Publicity, Mr. Femi Adesina, issued
a statement on Friday announcing the
development, Osinbajo was far away from the
Presidential Villa, Abuja. The acting President was
not anywhere near the Federal Capital Territory.
Osinbajo had left Abuja in the early hours of
Friday for Lagos. Being a pastor in The Redeemed
Christian Church of God, he has continued
attending the church’s monthly vigil tagged ‘Holy
Ghost Night’ which holds every first Friday of the
month inside the church’s facility, located on the
popular Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, despite his
status.

Ordinarily, Osinbajo normally travels to Lagos in
the afternoon to enable him attend the programme
which starts in the evening. But on this day, he
left in the morning, apparently to attend to other
engagements before the programme started in the
evening. For instance, he attended the 13th Centre
for Values in Leadership Annual Lecture and
International Leadership Symposium in Lagos
before the vigil.

The Presidential Villa was understandably
deserted on Friday. Even at the Vice-President’s
Wing, only a few aides who did not go with him to
Lagos were in their offices. Immediately the news
broke that the President had proceeded on leave,
State House correspondents thought Osinbajo
would cut short his trip to Lagos. They all
gathered at his side of the Villa and waited. But
when the waiting game extended into late in the
evening, it became clear that the acting President
would not return to the office on Friday.
Saturday’s experience was similar to that of
Friday. There was no sign of life when our
correspondent visited the Vice-President’s Wing,
except for a few security operatives who were on
duty. Being a weekend, no senior officials —civil
servants or political office holders—were seen on
duty.

The situation was the same at Osinbajo’s official
residence, Akinola Aguda House. No visible
activity was observed there when our
correspondent visited at about 4pm, except for a
soldier who was seen inside the sentry box and
three operatives of the Department of State
Services who were also at the gate leading to the
building.

At 4.30pm, when this report was filed, Osinbajo
was still being expected in Abuja. His Senior
Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Mr.
Laolu Akande, confirmed this to our
correspondent on the telephone saying, “Yes, he
travelled to Lagos and I can confirm to you that
he is being expected back today (Saturday),”

It is expected that apart from a few meetings or
consultations that may take place behind closed
doors during the weekend, Osinbajo would
resume work formally as the acting President on
Monday.

www.punchng.com/osinbajos-48-hours-as-acting-president/
Thank you for the goship.
But may I stress that ruling a nation as corrupt as Nigeria can not be done by merely sitting in the office.
The man has gone to pray and to tell you the truth that is what has been working for him.
Better to pray for the nation than sit and watch when at your very eyes billions of dollars can just fly out by one signature.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Pavarottii(m): 7:57am On Feb 07, 2016
dammytosh:

He is a Professor of Law, a Pastor and a former commisioner in Lagos State.

What leadership experience are u talking about ?

All this "i too know" breed of wailers self
Did u say Commissioner, Pastor, Professor?
U too u sound confused like him. Abeg swerve. U think to be president of Nigeria, na this one! Or didn't u see GEJ's CV and he didn't still find it easy.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by dammytosh: 8:02am On Feb 07, 2016
Pavarottii:

Did u say Commissioner, Pastor, Professor?
U too u sound confused like him. Abeg swerve. U think to be president of Nigeria, na this one! Or didn't u see GEJ's CV and he didn't still find it easy.

With due respect, You can't compare GEJ with Osinbajo.

Obama was just a Senator before going to white house

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Jetjacky(m): 8:03am On Feb 07, 2016
topsyking:
hmmmm grin
dem day run lol
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by sofat(m): 8:05am On Feb 07, 2016
For as long as their is no illegality in the action of the president to go on vacation. All works and no play makes jack a dull boy. Since the inception of his administration, he has worked vehemently that no other president of the past has ever worked in such a way. Thank you mr. President. The presence of Buhari in Aso Rock makes the government strong his absence makes it stronger. No amount of ridicule by punch or any other agent of propaganda to distroy PMB will ever succeed.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Phoenix001(m): 8:08am On Feb 07, 2016
henrydadon:

He was the Attorney-General of Lagos state from 1999-2007 under Tinubu's government.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Pavarottii(m): 8:10am On Feb 07, 2016
dammytosh:

Osinbanjo is not GEJ in any class or way u wanna measure. Am comparing head of states here. Not a mere commissioner. In no angle is Osinbanjo up to GEJ. Am I actually wasting my time saying this to u.
Abeg guy free me and go to church or call ur Sunday babe to straff. Where GEJ has stood. Not sure Osinbanjo will ever stand. Somebody that Fashola, Saraki, Ameachi, all past governors that did 8years etc is ahead, that's wat u comparing to a man That is in every lips of Nigerians now. Abeg stop am. If na play, I don't like such plays.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by orimahspence: 8:12am On Feb 07, 2016
Pavarottii:

Why are u helping me wail? I don't need ur assistance. Atleast a wailer is better than a zombie. So stick to ur suffering and smiling life. Why I leave my own happily cos I never expected anything from this govt like u did. And am sure, deep in ur soul, u r disappointed but can't come out and say it. That's worse than wailing, hope u know that?

Enjoy ur change grin

the vacation is historic in nature and a point of reference in future. The problem with you wailers is your penchant for taking very cheap pedestrian shots at PMB in the name of opposition. Some of the shots are so cheap, even beggars wont buy them. A good opposition party must present itself as a bunch of patriots who wish the nation well. To achieve this, the opposition must accept the new regime government, and be seen to be interested in the progress of the nation. Then when things start going wrong, or when the next elections are around the corner, they sieze the moment and act. But our own wailers think its about empty talk. And the more they talk, the more they lose ground. You want to win the sympathy of Nigerians, then you organise a demonstration calling on PMB to free those arrested for graft? Why am I not surprised? Respect for public opinion was never your strong point, especially in your last 3 years. Like when Taraba's Suntai was declared fit to continue. #Olodo
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by olanje: 8:15am On Feb 07, 2016
He's just a mere commissioner and Tinubu's puppet
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by otokx(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2016
Most newspapers in Nigeria have lost it. Just look at the nonsense Punch came up with.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by MrTolu(m): 8:59am On Feb 07, 2016
dammytosh:

Bro that "Just a Senator " sounds somehow. Senators are rated higher than governors in the US.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by dammytosh: 9:09am On Feb 07, 2016
MrTolu:

Bro that "Just a Senator " sounds somehow. Senators are rated higher than governors in the US.

OK.

Although I meant to say they claimed he does not have experience.

I remember that was Clinton's only line of argument during their Primaries Debate. Same thing, McCain said.
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by don4real18(m): 9:30am On Feb 07, 2016
No matter the amebo Punch does, it will never be like Sahara Reporters
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Louislewis: 9:45am On Feb 07, 2016
[size=18pt]As I am reading this report, it seems to me that this report is malicious, a calculated attempt to see a reason for Osibanjo removal as the VP. I am watching.[/size]
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by yetunsbay(m): 9:51am On Feb 07, 2016
Oluwamuyeewa:
Last time I saw him him he was eating jollof rice at a party...
na sand u dey eat for ur crib
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by dunlie: 9:51am On Feb 07, 2016
BaddieKay:
He had his weekend already planned..nothing will stop him from doing what ws planned

sharrap there jore...!!!! I like my vp personality(humbleness). but your comment is loose. He has sworn to serve his country first, so what do you mean by his personal planned events over 170 million people waiting for his direction. Abeg shift!!!
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by Ezelinks(f): 10:03am On Feb 07, 2016
mrBLAYD:
Nothing is wrong with that actions,do u think anYthing bad. Could happen even if they r not in the office for the whole week? Seating down at abuja isnot the major thing we need! bees that hanged arouund the hive makes no honey...........
idiot.. nothing is wrong Abbey . zoo
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by BaddieKay(f): 10:43am On Feb 07, 2016
Lmao,Oga what's vexing you?your point exactly is what I don't even get.The president has been there for months and not much has changed,So what will the VP achieve in 2days?talking about 170million ppl,will he come to ur house and spoon feed u and d remaining 169million people?pls next time if you wanna comment do so but please don't shut me up over whatever it is u hv to say.I have my opinion,you have urs,so shove urs into ur ass.
Have a lovely Sunday
dunlie:

sharrap there jore...!!!! I like my vp personality(humbleness). but your comment is loose. He has sworn to serve his country first, so what do you mean by his personal planned events over 170 million people waiting for his direction. Abeg shift!!!
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by teebaxy(m): 11:10am On Feb 07, 2016
God first now, God place is irreplaceable, God will help us all, the acting president should sharperly fast forward my appointment letter ooo before baba comes back....God bless Nigeria
Re: Osinbajo’s 48 Hours As Acting President - Punch by homies100: 11:46am On Feb 07, 2016
homies100:
[/quote][quote author=homies100 post=42698715]
Pavarottii:
No experience at all in leadership!

Buhari must not run away! He must come back to revive the economy he has taken down south. Our economy last year. Was the worst development since 2005. No hiding place for u. If u think Osinbanjo will rescue like Idiagbon. U av hit a brick wall, cos Osinbanjo is actually more confused than you. That's why he is hiding in Lagos. Let his Father Tinubu give him instructions. This people tot to govern Nigeria is Rice and Salad or to manage a company. now u knw the shoes GEJ filled was not a cold plate rather very hot, and has time goes, it gets hotter.

I weep for my country.

I pity the future of Nigerian youths, if by now we are still blindfolded with the bright future this government is putting in place for this country. Baba is tired, let him rest, I don't think you can do what baba is doing @ this stage.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Speaker House Of Rep Hon. Femi Gbajabiamila Visit Bola Tinubu - Photo / President Buhari Breaks Ramadan Fast With Tanko, Members Of Judiciary (Photos) / "Nnamdi Kanu Gave Me The Go-Ahead To Talk On His Behalf With FG"- Orji Uzor Kalu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.