Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,828 members, 7,813,747 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:37 PM

Who Are The Igbo People Sef - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Are The Igbo People Sef (700 Views)

Red Ibo In Jamaica: A Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica / Top 5 Places That Tell The History And Reveal The Culture Of The Igbo. / 4 Things Igbo People Like. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Are The Igbo People Sef by tplacid: 9:47am On Feb 07, 2016
They were just two thousand, yet they massacred forty thousand in a battle. They were the first Africans to refine crude oil with local materials. They made an Airport appear every night and disappear every morning for over 2 years. They were the first Africans to manufacture Proper bombs with wholly local materials, they gave us OGBUNIGWE BOMB – the fear of soldiers. They lost over two million of their tribes men, yet they bounced back.

All he asks of you is a place to rest his head, nothing more, you would see the igbo man build an empire out of nothing. sheer tenacity and industry they exhibit.

while the Yorubas and the Hausas would easily be beggars on the street, the pride in the Igbo man makes that option very very remote. it can easily be said that except in the case of madness or leprosy, you wont find an Igbo beggar. Stop, think about all the beggars you have met on the street, have you met one who is an igbo man? The Igbo people are about the most traveled people on earth. in fact, it is said that if you travel to any place on earth and you cant find an Igbo man there, you had better leave the place because it is inhabitable.

Yes, they can be loud and brash, but really, it could be confidence and courage. Like every other people, the Igbos have their short comings, but their "LongGoings" far outweigh the shortcomings.

Half brothers to the hausa-fulanis from the north, cousins to the yorubas from the west, they are the descendants of Nri, they are our family - THE IGBO TRIBE OF NIGERIA. – Till next week Thursday

This one written by a Yoruba blogger @ Yorubyteblog. So Igbos know that we respect and love you guys.

As for me o, am still looking for Ada, Nkechi or Onyinye to Marry so my kids can have Igbos gene.

With love to Igbos from Yoruba peeps
Re: Who Are The Igbo People Sef by Mack3N: 10:19am On Feb 07, 2016
You mean the great igbos cool

*when you wake up realizing you are igbo* kiss
Re: Who Are The Igbo People Sef by Masterclass32: 11:55am On Feb 07, 2016
I like the word "LongGoings".
Though, I doubt the Igbo-Yoruba "cousinhood".
Re: Who Are The Igbo People Sef by gatiano(m): 5:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
Make me understand the general rules of the Igbo language and I may say my opinion about who My Igbo Family are.
Re: Who Are The Igbo People Sef by onitshaigbo(m): 5:53pm On Feb 07, 2016
The Igbos are the descendents of Jews from the land of Israel, who were exiled by the Romans 2000 years ago. The Jews who fled the Holy Land and settled in what is now the Southeast of Nigeria are the ancestors of the Igbos.

(1) (Reply)

Representing Nairaland In Ile-ife At Ooni And Queen Wuraola's Wedding (pictures / Interesting Photos From The Coronation Rites Of The New Oba Of Benin / Pidgin Proverbs...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.