Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,127 members, 7,835,798 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Bride Price Wahala - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride Price Wahala (1531 Views)

Woman Begs Her Estranged Husband To Come And Collect His Bride Price. Photos / Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride Price Wahala by fireforfire: 3:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ok...... im lamenting on behalf of my friend.
My friend met dis babe some few yrs ago, wen he travelled to nig for easter, dey started a relationship and in november 2015, my friend proposed to her.
In Dec 2015 , my frirnd asked for d marriage list, d babe obtained it frm her family n scanned a copy to my friend while she gave d original copy to my fruends family in Naija.

My friend was OK wit d list, he got prepard , and decided to fly down to nig for his trad marriage.

Only to get to nig to be given a different list entirely on d d-day.
He was astonished, dis list was BOGUS.meanwhile him n his family hv already presented d items on d first original list.

My friends family was furious.D babes family INSISTEd dat d second list be respected and attended to bfor dey release dia daughter.

At dis point my guy don begin vex, almost threatened to leave d premises and even rrturn to his family house, before friends started begging him.

After much waste of time, both families were able to com to an agreement........ which is still bizzare. that my friend wil be given 2mnths ti purchase all dat is on d list bfor he takes dia dota home!!!

Hmmmm..... as i write now, my guy still dey naija o dey try gada moni to complete him homework.
At dis point i began to ask myself, what changed?
What happend btwn d short space after sendin d first list n him going home
abi were dey just tryun to take advantage of him because he came from abroad

Nna eh.... marriage na serious investment o
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Cutehector(m): 3:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sorry, is d babe from imo state?

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Wahala by dollyjoy(f): 3:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cutehector:
are you mtn?

You seem to be everywherecheesy

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Wahala by Cutehector(m): 3:19pm On Feb 07, 2016
dollyjoy:
are you mtn?

You seem to be everywherecheesy
i"m digital! Babe.
Re: Bride Price Wahala by fireforfire: 3:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cutehector:
Hahahahahah.......i was tryin as much as possible not to reveal.her state to avoid intertribal war abi inter -state war...lol
She is o
Re: Bride Price Wahala by dollyjoy(f): 3:22pm On Feb 07, 2016
Cutehector:
i"m digital! Babe.
cheesy
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Cutehector(m): 3:23pm On Feb 07, 2016
fireforfire:

Hahahahahah.......i was tryin as much as possible not to reveal.her state to avoid intertribal war abi inter -state war...lol
She is o
no wonder. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bride Price Wahala by Daughterzion(f): 3:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
typically igbo. wait o where did d girl get the 1st list from?
Re: Bride Price Wahala by fireforfire: 3:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Daughterzion:
typically igbo. wait o where did d girl get the 1st list from?
D first list was gotten from her family and dats what my friends family have too
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Daughterzion(f): 3:28pm On Feb 07, 2016
fireforfire:

D first list was gotten from her family and dats what my friends family have too
then where did the second 1 emnate from?
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Akkord4gov: 3:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Some tribe just dey sell their female daughters,they should be charged for child trafficking grin
Re: Bride Price Wahala by fireforfire: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2016
Daughterzion:
then where did the second 1 emnate from?
Second one was presented by d same babes family on trad marriage day.
Re: Bride Price Wahala by Daughterzion(f): 3:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
fireforfire:

Second one was presented by d same babes family on trad marriage day.
hmm why did they change it?
Re: Bride Price Wahala by yomi007k(m): 5:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Dude,

Oil prices/Exchange rate is messing everything up.

The girl's family simply upgraded d list to meet up with economy.

Goodluck to ur friend.

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Wahala by PresVA: 5:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
fireforfire:

They don hear say the man na obodo oyibo guy, so they wan get their own share of dollar/ pounds cheesy. . Hungry in laws! angry

What's the babe doing about it?

My advice: let him pretend like he's no longer interested, they'll come begging him!

1 Like

Re: Bride Price Wahala by jashar(f): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2016
undecided
Hungry and greedy family. The guy babe no try if she kept quiet. Dem wan chop the guy clean mouth. How can you bring a different list on the very day of the trad? Haba now!!! The guy should be prepared to be their payroll in the marriage.

Dem don see obodo oyinbo sombori. Lubbish.

(1) (Reply)

Trendsviva Haute Fashion School Scholarship Is Back! / How we push our youths into crime here on nairaland / What Is That Scariest Thing That Happened To You And Never Told Anyone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.