Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,966 members, 7,814,260 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai (27038 Views)

We Must Stop Producing More Babies And Create More Jobs says Senator Ben Bruce / Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai / FG Now Funds IDP Camps In Borno, Says Shettima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
PunchNG: The Senator representing Borno Central, Baba Kaka Garbai has said that the story that the insurgents have been degraded is nothing but a lie as the terror group still hold on strong to about 50 percent of troubled Borno State.

Garbai who spoke to journalists on Saturday evening during a condolence visit to Dalori village where 65 persons were reported killed last week by the insurgents said, the truth about the accomplishment of the military in Borno State was never truly spoken as the Boko Haram and the Nigerian nation are presently administering about the same territories in the state.

He said both the military and Boko Haram have full control of three separate local governments in troubled Borno State and share control in all the 21 other local governments.

Garbai, who was in Dalori with financial and material assistance to the people of the village, said: “I feel highly demoralized, devastated in the sense that this is the village we came during the election and they were going about their normal business. The activities that were ongoing was like confidence building.

“They actually got the signal a few days before the attack that the insurgents were likely to attack them,they reported to the constituted authorities but nothing was done.

I will like to appeal to the military to intensify their effort in ensuring they beef up security around the villages and communities that share borders with Maiduguri metropolis. It is very important and more so that this place is porous, there could be attack from any direction.”

He said it was a lie and misconception that the insurgents have largely be overpowered by the military, insisting that:
“It is a wrong assumption that most of the local governments in Borno are recapturedfrom the Boko Haram. In reality this is not true in the sense that apart from Maiduguri Metropolis, Bayo and Kwaya Kusar, these are the three local government that are under the occupation of the Nigerian government where the military and police are maintaining law and order.

“Mobbar, Abadam and Kala Balge are 100 percent occupied by the insurgents. There are some local governments that are partially occupied by the insurgents especially as the local government secretariats have been liberated but their hither-lands are still controlled by the insurgents.”

Garbai gave an instance of Konduga which was liberated but still has many communities in the local government area under the insurgents.

He also said “though Gwoza town has been liberated there still remain six wards in Gwoza local government area still occupied by the insurgents.”

He said: “From my count, only three local government are fully liberated, 21 local governments partially occupied by insurgents, that is there is still some level of Boko Haram occupation side by side the military or any other constituted authority. The local government fully occupied by Boko Haram are Abadam, Mobbar and Kala Balge.’He advised that: “We should not live under the illusion that Boko Haram are decimated or weaken, these are not reality and neither a true reflection of the reality. The reality is that most of the local government in Borno is partially occupied by Boko Haram.”

On the proposed reconstruction, rehabilitation and relocation in the troubled areas, Garbai said it was inadvisable at least for now.

He said: “If the people are moved back to their homelands you are making them vulnerable to attack. Unless you provide maximum security and return of law and order in these areas, relocating these people would be endangering their lives.”

The Senate Leader, Mohammed Ndume, representing Borno South in the Senate however believed that much had been achieved by the military in retrieving captured Borno communities from the insurgents.

He also said it was not out of place to begin the reconstruction, rehabilitation and relocation of the destroyed communities.

He told journalists in Maiduguri on Sunday that: “I still have confidence in our military, I still want to believe that our military are on top of the situation. What is happening these days is the issue of intermittent suicide bombing and desperate attacks by the insurgents because their supply routes have been cut off and they attack in other to get supplies. They have been carting away foodstuffs of attacked communities.”

He said that the reconstruction and relocation should still continue in spite of recent attacks. He however admitted that if not immediately, at least the preparation should not be set aside.

The Senate Leader while arguing that the insurgency is winding out, said the recent setbacks are not limited to Nigeria alone, insisting that United States and recently France have come under isolated terrorist attacks.

He noted that the people of Borno displaced by insurgency are willing to go back to their homelands. He particularly mentioned that the people of Gwoza, his homelands are ready to return home, insisting that arrangements have already been concluded for this.

http://www.punchng.com/boko-haram-controls-half-of-borno-senator-garbai/

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by INTROVERT(f): 5:56pm On Feb 07, 2016
I didn't bother to even read, coz Ive always known that some people have been technically laing.

178 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by sunnyb0b0(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lalasticlala, you see how Lai spreads lies.

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by APCLyingBastard: 6:01pm On Feb 07, 2016
Let liar mohammed and Buhari continue lying to themselves

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:04pm On Feb 07, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Kyase(m): 6:06pm On Feb 07, 2016
sunnyb0b0:
Lalasticlala, you see how Lai spreads lies.
So na Gaybai no lie abi
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by babaijesha1(m): 6:10pm On Feb 07, 2016
[b]"They actually got the signal a few days before the attack that the insurgents were likely to attack them,they reported to the constituted authorities but nothing was done.[b]

This is very shameful, heads must roll for this.

93 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Trailblazer1(m): 6:11pm On Feb 07, 2016
I'll be the last to believe this lying government

They can endanger the lives of thousands to score cheat political point

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Trailblazer1(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
babaijesha1:
[b]"They actually got the signal a few days before the attack that the insurgents were likely to attack them,they reported to the constituted authorities but nothing was done.[b]

This is very shameful, heads must roll for this.

Buhari and Lai's head you mean undecided

111 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by akinvest(m): 6:13pm On Feb 07, 2016
angry
Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by biafranbaby(m): 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
Buhari is relaxing on holidays.

57 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:15pm On Feb 07, 2016
The truth has finally come home to wear slippers.

Before buhari come back from vacation every lies he has been using his body odour to cover will be exposed

144 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by ayemerbarth: 6:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
The whole of Bornu has been technically liberated except for some pockets of attacks here and there. Technical liars.

88 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
INTROVERT:
I didn't bother to even read, coz Ive always known that some people have been technically laing.
I'm not Laing for Lai Mohammed ooooo.

APC + Zombies gives you what?

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Trut(m): 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Buhari/APC lie busted by party man.

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:20pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kyase:

So na Gaybai no lie abi
He is a Senator from those constituencies and he is better placed than Lie Mohammed to give report about there

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by APCcrimes: 6:21pm On Feb 07, 2016
lalasticlala, do justice to this! FP pls

Se.un... big head

myndyansh.... small head

Only lala be my correct guy!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Pidggin(f): 6:24pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hahahahahahaha thank God am not a zombie.

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by APCLyingBastard: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
ZombieNation:

[size=18pt]Buhari is wrong; We all qualify for asylum[/size]
The Christians in the north east who are facing the full brunt of Boko Haram and whose suffering is a mere "embarrassment " to Buhari's gov and claims of technical victory, deserve refuge in a foreign country since Buhari is not ready, willing or capable of protecting them.

The entire Christians in Chibok whose sufferings and pleas for help in reuniting with their lost daughters deserve asylum in a country that will protect them.

The Christians in the middle belt facing daily attacks by Fulani muslims deserve asylum from Buhari's kins men.

Dr. John Dan Fulani qualifies for asylum for being persecuted in a criminal case over statements he posted on social media condemning Buhari's blind fanatic supporters.

The Shiite population who are hounded and massacred by the Nigeria govt over their religious persuasion need to seek refuge in a country that will guarantee their freedom to practice and observe their religion without fear of discrimination and persecution.

The pro Biafran separatists whose rights to peaceful agitation is guaranteed by a UN resolution deserves asylum from Buhari's cold blooded murderous regime.

Political opponents and critics of Buhari's tyrannical and despotic regime are qualified to apply for asylum in the light of Buhari's tyranny.

Niger Delta resource activists protesting the unfair exploitation of their resources at the expense of their environment need seek asylum from Buhari's tyranny for fear that they will be labelled criminals and their communities pillaged by the Nigeria security forces on the orders of the despot himself are qualified to seek asylum from the tyrant.

So Buhari, we all qualify for asylum from your tyranny.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by kernel501: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
IF YOU CAN BELIEVE LAI MUHAMMAD, YOU AS WELL BELIEVE SATAN.

LYING IS TURNING TO BE THE HALLMARK OF APC GOVERNMENT.

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by LadyExcellency: 6:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Moment of truth by Senator Garbai (APC) Jonathan handed
Buhari a liberated Northeast and Buhari's complacency and strategy empowered and brought back Bokoharam

Garbai, who was in Dalori with financial and material assistance to the people of the village, said: “I feel highly demoralized, devastated in the sense that this is the village we came during the election and they were going about their normal business. The activities that were ongoing was like confidence building.

Cc: Passingshot
Dropshot / Omenka
Ngeneukwenu / cleverly
Modath
Tonyebarcanista
eGift
Rose2014
Mizmycoli
Arresa
Gbawe
Israeliairforce

90 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by APCLyingBastard: 6:27pm On Feb 07, 2016
This thread will never smell FP

Liar mohammed's mods will not allow it.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Kyase(m): 6:30pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ecoterrorist:
He is a Senator from those constituencies and he is better placed than Lie Mohammed to give report about there
Was I talking to you?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Trut(m): 6:34pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kyase:
Was I talking to you?
He has 100% right to quote you.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kyase:

Was I talking to you?
. Swerve Kid its a Public Forum

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Nobody: 6:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
[Post Retracted]

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Emekamex(m): 6:41pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lienus Mohammed should relocate to Dalori to prove that Boko Haram have been defeated.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by vedaxcool(m): 6:42pm On Feb 07, 2016
[s]
INTROVERT:
[/s]

Some people cannot technically spell lying..

The senator is entitled to his opinion. The military with its intelligence apparatus are in a better position to tell Nigerians the truth about matters on the ground. From all indication bh cannot hold territory they are simply doing hit and run attacks. NA keeps inflicting one deadly body count after another BH. That's remains a truth the wailing zombies seek to distort.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by GreyLaw(m): 6:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
If only our leaders can care enough to be truthful. You don't have to tell us you're winning the war, just do your best and let Nigerians gain confidence from that, not media half-truths and quarter lies.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by Montaque(m): 6:44pm On Feb 07, 2016
My people. You have seen that the FG controls/gags the media.
waiting for a rejoinder from Mr. Lie

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by LordAdam: 6:47pm On Feb 07, 2016
Abeg those in charge of selling wailers form should find one for Senator Kaka.

APC zombies, this man na APC senator, so e no get as una 1 twist am.

Lai and PMB wen never enter Bornu dey Abuja and abroad talk say BH do not control any territory in Nigeria. Now an APC senator representing a senatorial district in the embattled state is saying otherwise.

You guys should also note that under GEJ, Dalori was peaceful, but under PMB, children were burnt to death in the community. Only for PMB to call burnt children an embarrassment to his administration.

Our able senator has also advised that people should not move back until security can be assured. He that has ears let him hear.

We have heard from the horses mouth. Unless you reside in Bornu, do not quote me to type trash.

PMB cannot say he is being truthful by calling Nigerians criminals abroad, and then lie that BH have been defeated abroad. That is hypocrisy!!!

-Lord

55 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Boko Haram Controls Half Of Borno, Says Senator Garbai by CyberWolf: 7:00pm On Feb 07, 2016
Kai angry Though I'm a proud wailer, but I really feel for this people. Buhari should do something for this people.. Buratai this your state, you have no excuse.. Though I'm a Biafran angry but I will still pray for my Nigerian brothers sad

36 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Advises On How To Handle Corruption / How Osinbajo Lost Polling Unit / #BenueSouthDecides: Benue-South Senatorial Re-run Elections – LIVE UPDATES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.