Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

My Journey To Self Discovery - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Journey To Self Discovery (813 Views)

Vacancy At Self-discovery / Best Ways To Self Evaluate Your CV Format - Thinkbigcareer.com / My Journey To Victoria Island (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey To Self Discovery by Nobody: 6:17pm On Feb 07, 2016
Discovering yourself can be one hell of a journey but till you discover yourself, you may end up unfulfilled. Its a journey so you will definitely try your hands in different things and pass through different bus-stops before you arrive. Most people don't get the opportunity to discover though; because they have to remain where they are due to one reason or the other. But i was lucky i started early and i didn't have people depending on me for support.
In my job search, one thing was established in my heart; "i won't apply for any job that will take me away from family." So i went for the things around.
I tried a career that has to do with seating with the computer all day long. It was cool but extremely boring. 'This isn't the kind of life i want.'
I tried another that has to do with seating behind the desk and providing customer support. It was fun but extremely tiring. 'I need to do something productive with my life.'
I tried another that has to do with buying and selling. It was exciting but unfulfilling. 'My earnest desire is to live a life of impact.'
I tried something that has to do with going around and getting customers. It appeared adventurous but felt empty. 'This is just not my kind of thing.'
I had to go back to the drawing board.
¤Buying and selling is thrilling but waiting for buyers removes the thrill. So i took my business online and became a netpreneur.
♡I will only be existing and not living if i don't make impact. So i went back to a profession i rejected years back: Teaching. To cut the long story short, i am so enjoying the opportunity for continuous learning that comes with it. And i feel fulfilled. I have arrived.
NB: Remember there are many other vehicles you can use to advance. When you arrive, don't relax like its the end of the journey. You only found the route to travel through but the journey only began. So in the future you may see me anchoring sensitization programs with NGOs, on Air, excel in record breaking researches or write an impact making piece.
Drop a comment if you found this helpful.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Self Discovery by Nobody: 9:58am On Feb 08, 2016
This is nice. Almost everyone (serious minded) goes through this phase too. Some peeps however know what they want and are favoured with the right opportunities.

Wherever you find yourself, you should just do your best to make impact. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Self Discovery by sonofjah55: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Am koming

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Self Discovery by SaintChukz(m): 12:37am On Feb 09, 2016
blisscentre:
Discovering yourself can be one hell of a journey but till you discover yourself, you may end up unfulfilled. Its a journey so you will definitely try your hands in different things and pass through different bus-stops before you arrive. Most people don't get the opportunity to discover though; because they have to remain where they are due to one reason or the other. But i was lucky i started early and i didn't have people depending on me for support.
In my job search, one thing was established in my heart; "i won't apply for any job that will take me away from family." So i went for the things around.
I tried a career that has to do with seating with the computer all day long. It was cool but extremely boring. 'This isn't the kind of life i want.'
I tried another that has to do with seating behind the desk and providing customer support. It was fun but extremely tiring. 'I need to do something productive with my life.'
I tried another that has to do with buying and selling. It was exciting but unfulfilling. 'My earnest desire is to live a life of impact.'
I tried something that has to do with going around and getting customers. It appeared adventurous but felt empty. 'This is just not my kind of thing.'
I had to go back to the drawing board.
¤Buying and selling is thrilling but waiting for buyers removes the thrill. So i took my business online and became a netpreneur.
♡I will only be existing and not living if i don't make impact. So i went back to a profession i rejected years back: Teaching. To cut the long story short, i am so enjoying the opportunity for continuous learning that comes with it. And i feel fulfilled. I have arrived.
NB: Remember there are many other vehicles you can use to advance. When you arrive, don't relax like its the end of the journey. You only found the route to travel through but the journey only began. So in the future you may see me anchoring sensitization programs with NGOs, on Air, excel in record breaking researches or write an impact making piece.
Drop a comment if you found this helpful.
I didn't just find it helpful, but quite inspiring. You've just earned yourself a new follower. smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Neo Nutrian / What A World!!!!! / Jobs At WFO Roedl & Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.