Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,074 members, 7,818,207 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos - Science/Technology (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos (85451 Views)

Goat In Yobe Gives Birth To 'Human-Like' Creature (Photos) / Ekiti Farmer Forces Snake That Swallowed His Lambs To Vomit Them (Video) / A Nairalander Kills A Gaboon Viper That Swallowed A Fish At His Place Of Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by henrybomb(m): 12:11am On Feb 08, 2016
bumi10:
The residents of Gwagwalada in Abuja woke up to this, recently. The snake was restless, weak and unable to move after swallowing a goat.

What does this signify?

more pics at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/02/omg-see-snake-that-swallowed-goat-in.html

D goat has bite more dan wat it can chew
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by dekate1(f): 12:27am On Feb 08, 2016
d snake would b saying 'HAD I KNOW' as its lying there eya
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by enevitus: 12:31am On Feb 08, 2016
ok
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Drdonzeez(m): 12:46am On Feb 08, 2016
segsxpendable:
what will now happen to d goat?.....will d snake vomit it?
HOW ARE WE SURE IT'S A GOAT.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Jerryike12(m): 12:55am On Feb 08, 2016
For were the goat pass
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by SmartMugu: 12:57am On Feb 08, 2016
LordReed:

They can unhinge their jaws, making them open their mouths wider.

Even if they unhinged their jaws, how do large animals pass through their throats without choking them? See how small this snake's neck is?
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Tohpeh(m): 12:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Mehn!
That's unbelievable...

In another update, buy cheaper sms units at joyfulsms.com

Quality is what we deliver!
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by toshmann(m): 1:12am On Feb 08, 2016
The snake that swallowed the goat that ate our yams grin

1 Like

Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by tottinova: 1:16am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:
Sometimes I wonder how a snake can actually swallow something bigger than its head size

It dismantles its jaw bone so that it's able to open its mouth 180 degree or more.
And the flesh is very very special cus it can expand to an unbelievable level and won't get torn.
Then it has one of the best digestive enzymes on earth cus it digests both bone and all.

The photo above is a python. It doesn't have venom so it relies on its muscle.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by oodua1stson: 1:18am On Feb 08, 2016
This picture is like 7 years old
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Coldfeets: 1:34am On Feb 08, 2016
According to NatGeoWild, a python's head can expand to swallow food ten times its size.

After that one successful meal, the python may not eat again for a whole one year!
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 1:49am On Feb 08, 2016
just like dansuki and others... the snake shallow weytin pass im power. greedy snake, see your life for outside...
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by EmekaBlue(m): 2:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Those guys finding it difficult to blive hw a snake can swallow sumtin bigger than its head or mouth size to go watch documentary on it...It can open d mouth so wide even to swallow u then u would blive it
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by 9jatatafo(m): 3:30am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:
Sometimes I wonder how a snake can actually swallow something bigger than its head size

Watched something like it on documentary and I was amazed how the muscles and bones in their mouths work to achieve the swallowing process
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Alal(m): 3:31am On Feb 08, 2016
Are you sure it's goat this thing swallowed
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:

It's able to dislocate it's jaws. They're not hinged like ours.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by fippycbk(m): 4:21am On Feb 08, 2016
Blanc8:
You guy really looking for traffic ohh... this news haff tey now..

As in eh... very stale.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 4:38am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:

Lol natgeo wild is the way. Thank me later grin
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nobody: 4:39am On Feb 08, 2016
emperorchedda:
It's not everything that fits into the mouth one chews

That goat won't digest in the snake's system thereby leading to the ultimate demise of the snake

You are wrong. With this, the snake doesn't have to feed for the next few months. So it will digest eventually.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Endtimesmith(m): 4:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Moral of the day,Overfeeding is self distruction.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by FrankTalk1: 4:50am On Feb 08, 2016
Here is a part time job you can easily do from home so as to earn extra income. Check it out here: http://dollarson.xyz/index.php?ref=59519
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by ggakunna: 4:57am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:

Yes Bro! They do this by adjusting their head shape and jaw shape/size. The salivary gland (excluding the poison salivary gland below the ear) also produce a slimmy secretion that aids gulping and perilstalsis....... Who am I kidding...lol Its just another prove of Chukwu abiama/Allah........
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by olajizz01(m): 5:22am On Feb 08, 2016
This is what will happens when your eyes are bigger than your stomach.oti je ohun.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Youngpo413: 5:35am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:
its a one size fits all,just like the pu
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by LockDown69(m): 5:39am On Feb 08, 2016
bumi10:
The residents of Gwagwalada in Abuja woke up to this, recently. The snake was restless, weak and unable to move after swallowing a goat.

What does this signify?

more pics at http://www.exlinklodge.com/2016/02/omg-see-snake-that-swallowed-goat-in.html

Food chain.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by DonBobes(m): 6:02am On Feb 08, 2016
lifezone247:

This one pass traffic, na hold up or go slow, dat pics is very old.

D story old lik obasanjo Walai!

1 Like

Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Louiscutedude(m): 6:10am On Feb 08, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by 4instance: 6:18am On Feb 08, 2016
nonsense old news next
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by siraj1402(m): 6:51am On Feb 08, 2016
tunshe:

Lying blogger....this has been online for a long time.

Not recent at all.....
even more than 2 years, I even have it on my Facebook album.

1 Like

Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by 6digitscomrade: 7:12am On Feb 08, 2016
nor be traffic na next road,,under construction RCC/STRABAG
lifezone247:

This one pass traffic, na hold up or go slow, dat pics is very old.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nicepoker(m): 7:13am On Feb 08, 2016
martinz1:
watch nat geo wild.
Re: The Python That Swallowed A Goat In Gwagwalada Abuja - Photos by Nicepoker(m): 7:15am On Feb 08, 2016
emperorchedda:
It's not everything that fits into the mouth one chews

That goat won't digest in the snake's system thereby leading to the ultimate demise of the snake
who told u. The snake will stay for months without eating. And still survive. Watch more of nat geo wild and learn.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Flying Snakes Can Glide Through The Air (Photos) / South Korean Toilet Turns Faeces Into Power And Digital Currency (Photos) / This Extremely Rare Bird Is Half Male, Half Female (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.