Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,571 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria (3556 Views)

Tolu Ogunlesi Comment About Ex-President Yar'adua's Health / Decreeing Boycott Of Arabic Is Equal To Boko Haram – Tolu Ogunlesi / Why Wole Soyinka Won Noble Prize Award Against Late Chinue Achebe. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Retributionn: 9:35pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lordave:
Lol.

Sani Osunbor, aka Retributionn, never knew you were so funny. cheesy cheesy

I have caught you out and it pains u so much

U benefited from GEJ and that is why you hate Buhari

Old man like u acting like a child on the internet

You give me that name? I like it grin grin grin

You Igbos are just so dumb

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Scholes007(m): 9:37pm On Feb 07, 2016
The defence of mr president on his mess is now becoming shameful. Non sense

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Sophious(m): 9:43pm On Feb 07, 2016
Soon, Presidential addresses will start with 'Fellow criminals' and some of us will say some Nigerians have said worse #NigeriansAreNotCriminals

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2016
Riensi:

Let me add Achebe is a colossus that inspired many a great men and women. He is the epitome of wisdom and lived a life of dignity to the very end.

Your Buhari is an outright nobody. A Komkom to put it mildly

Thank you my brother. When they insist on bringing ''12th Eleven'' individuals as leaders, they will get the Nigeria Achebe perfectly described.

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Retributionn: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2016
Lordadam

U are viewing grin grin

Its me sani abacha grin grin

IPOB wailer, angry because food don stop

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by truthonmission: 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2016
Bigprozzie:
The IPOB wailers and Ekpas will turn a blind eye to this

They will defend the dead tribalist who was a bed ridden vegetable and rather criticize the greatest President Nigeria has ever had

God bless Nigeria and the 95% who are solidly behind him
. Both the dullard and u the 95% is already cursed

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Osu175(m): 10:26pm On Feb 07, 2016
Sophious:
Soon, Presidential addresses will start with 'Fellow criminals' and some of us will say some Nigerians have said worse #NigeriansAreNotCriminals
lolz
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by gemale(m): 10:29pm On Feb 07, 2016
4 dis mata, I go stick 2 wetin dem teach me 4rm when I small "truth is truth no mata whose mouth u hear it 4rm".
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by naijaking1: 10:39pm On Feb 07, 2016
Achebe and Soyinka were never "elected" to rule and govern this country, why are their comments about Nigeria on the same pedestal as our own president

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by gemale(m): 10:40pm On Feb 07, 2016
Hitback2back:
Nigerians are not bad people but we have ineffective leaders. They just don't care or think of the people. Prof. Achebe was reflexing on the state of the economy. He never labeled the people as criminals. I am not a criminal but most times it horrible living in Nigeria. We the people are trying but the government such as the one we have now...well God will help us.
Prof. Achebe also added on that same book that Nigeria fundamental problem is the leadership styles and not the land. Nigerian land is not the problem. These set of people need to give way for younger generation with fresh blood and start not people with all kinds of bitterness being in power.
Dnt deceive ur self. Most nigerians r terrible pple who only support d truth when it favors dem. D typical Nigerian reasoning is seriously flawed, self-centered & is @ its core unduly exploiting. Check it out, if Nigerians were such 'angels' as we claim, y wld a typical Nigerian drive against 1 way traffic Lane just because it's closer 2 his/her destination? Y wld a typical Nigerian eat/drink something in a vehicle & instead of throwing it in d car, tosses it out of D Window onto d road? All these & many more r little pointers 2 D fact dt Nigerians r terrible pple.

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by MalcoImX: 10:59pm On Feb 07, 2016
gemale:

Dnt deceive ur self. Most nigerians r terrible pple who only support d truth when it favors dem. D typical Nigerian reasoning is seriously flawed, self-centered & is @ its core unduly exploiting. Check it out, if Nigerians were such 'angels' as we claim, y wld a typical Nigerian drive against 1 way traffic Lane just because it's closer 2 his/her destination? Y wld a typical Nigerian eat/drink something in a vehicle & instead of throwing it in d car, tosses it out of D Window onto d road? All these & many more r little pointers 2 D fact dt Nigerians r terrible pple.
You wouldn't believe it gemale. I've had a child tell me that driving against one way traffic is right because that's the way his mother does whenever she's bringing them back from school. No amount of explanation from me was accepted by the chaps. Imagine the confusion that Nigerian children are put through: The wrong they assume right and the right is vehemently defended as wrong. This conditioning is what we're seeing being played out.

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by mikolo80: 11:08pm On Feb 07, 2016
INTROVERT:
Chinua Achebe was never a president... mehnnm angry
I wonder why people keep defending the president when he makes obvious gaffes.
is he lying
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by arresa: 11:52pm On Feb 07, 2016
DikeOha882:
do you think nna gi would have cleaned his shoes when he was alive? Bitter soul

Shine kini? The fact that you shine other people's shoes doesn't mean other people do the same...

Who wanna clean even step close to some old bitter, tribalistic, mean spirited and acerbic old clown like ashebe.?

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Csami(m): 12:30am On Feb 08, 2016
Chinua Achebe is dead! He was even there when buhari made his comment. What's the relationship between Achebe, buhari and the speech?
Allow the dead to rest abeg.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by ycat: 12:37am On Feb 08, 2016
True, the double standard is appalling!
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by ycat: 12:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Hahaha! What a knockout!
arresa:

Shine kini? The fact that you shine other people's shoes doesn't mean other people do the same...

Who wanna clean even step close to some old bitter, tribalistic, mean spirited and acerbic old clown like ashebe.?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Lordave: 1:05am On Feb 08, 2016
Csami:
Chinua Achebe is dead! He was even there when buhari made his comment. What's the relationship between Achebe, buhari and the speech?
Allow the dead to rest abeg.
It's appallingly preposterous how some people have traded the only modicum of honesty in them for tribal inanity.

Some people are even trying to ridicule an unblemished hero whom they are supposed to look up to for inspirations.
I wonder why a sane person would compare anything about Achebe with PMD
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Koleman(m): 2:29am On Feb 08, 2016
I haven't read or watched the speech abi interview but did baba say "all Nigerian are criminals"?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by misterawo: 6:16am On Feb 08, 2016
Was Chinua Achebe Nigerian president?
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:43pm On Feb 08, 2016
Aressa #nonentity
arresa:

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
U dey mind oshogbo nonentity aka arresa
Lordave:
The nonentity and his worthless sissy father can never match 1/100 of Achebe's achievements even at death. He and his generation can only rant bitterly on Nairaland just to defend their lack of common sense, they're shamefully inconsequential outside any environment where hatred induced rantings thrives.

Ochi atogbuola m. Lekwa nwa nsi si na Achebe wu nsogbu ya. cheesy

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by AbaGuyMan(m): 5:17am On Feb 09, 2016
INTROVERT:
Chinua Achebe was never a president... mehnnm angry
I wonder why people keep defending the president when he makes obvious gaffes.

Thank you my sister....I keep wondering why he's been defended even when he has committed an obvious blunder.
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by arresa: 5:25am On Feb 09, 2016
DikeOha882:
Aressa #nonentity

The fact that you call your people at home nonentity doesn't mean you should other people same..
Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by anonimi: 7:11am On Feb 09, 2016
Was/Is Chinua Achebe president of our country?
Did Chinua Achebe swear to SERVE the people of this country?
Did Chinua Achebe take the oath on May 29 to always protect the interests of our country?

Could Tolu Ogunlesi be afflicted by zombieism

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2837478_apczombie_jpeg18e83b86a22c6378b2e3f37984ea3432

Re: Tolu Ogunlesi Tweet: Chinue Achebe Said Worse Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
Sharap dia olobe
arresa:

The fact that you call your people at home nonentity doesn't mean you should other people same..

Aregbesola Names All Tertiary Institutions In Osun State After Personalities / See The Church Poster Spotted In Abuja That Has Got People Talking(pics) / Happening Now: IPOB Protest Happening Now In Aba- Video