Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,934 members, 7,824,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:14 PM

Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. - Foreign Affairs (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. (63979 Views)

Barack Obama's Tweet On Charlottesville Becomes Most Popular Tweet Ever(Pic) / Paul Kagame Wins 3rd Term After 17-year Presidency In Rwanda / The Obama Family At The Beginning Of Obama's Presidency And Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by megareal: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2017
Great thread. I've always loved the Obamas and these pictures present a multitude of insight into their lives. Thanks Explorer .

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Koolking(m): 10:37am On Jan 20, 2017
tolutweety:

I need to write this kinda letter.

The president n I need to talk. undecided

I bet in Nigeria, your letter won't even get to the president. It would be handed over to the Reception lady (if Aso Rock has a FrontDesk Lady) to discard. I am amazed, the Obama lives a very normal live unlike the complex live of our politicians, always acting alien and abnormal

4 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 20, 2017
well well well, he's got charisma

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 20, 2017
prettyboi1989:
the guy na funny guy but the fact that he slyed isreal during the un resolution over thet palestinian issue made me hate him
he cant please every one mate..but obama was a good president
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by suyamasta(m): 10:46am On Jan 20, 2017
So awesome! The will to serve is clearly evident
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 20, 2017
adajiboyy:
he cant please every one mate..but obama was a good president
come on why wont he please isreal? do u knw the effect of obama's action at the un resolution meeting? it means if palestine and their cohorts (hamas) strikes isreal or encroach any part of isreal, its legit and isreal will not be able tp do anyting about it. if isreal tries to stop it, un says it will be an offense. the only jewish country amongst many muslim nations, obama should have done better.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by daclint(m): 10:52am On Jan 20, 2017
Explorers:
When President Obama met Usain Bolt he could not resist joining the world-class sprinter in striking his pose.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3034460/Moment-President-Obama-meets-Usain-Bolt-strikes-six-time-Olympic-champion-s-trademark-lightning-pose.html?ito=social-twitter_dailymailus

Those that give a ............ went that way...... grin

I no talk anything oo

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by uzoexcel(m): 10:56am On Jan 20, 2017
More like 'undo'
ephi123:
Explorers,
This is such an amazing thread. Thank you for taking the time to create and share it. Wonderful pictures which tell a story.
I was never a fan of Obama but as I looked through, it almost felt like I knew him personally.

Wish him the best as he rounds up his tenure. Let's see what Trump will do and undo.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by ephi123(f): 10:58am On Jan 20, 2017
uzoexcel:
More like 'undo'

Lol.. let's see. He may surprise us.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by sanandreas(m): 11:00am On Jan 20, 2017
Educative. Shedding tears when would Africa get to this stage. I see charisma and humility.

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by mojysiola(f): 11:09am On Jan 20, 2017
Most interesting thread I have ever seen on Nairaland. I stayed glued till the last. My prayer is that God will open the eyes of our leaders and teach them how to rule with such simplicity. I love the Obamas.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by obiageIi(f): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2017
Explorers:
President Obama and his family are expected to stay in this stunning 8,100-square-foot home, valued at $22.5million.
Who is paying for this? State or self
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 11:21am On Jan 20, 2017
mojysiola:
Most interesting thread I have ever seen on Nairaland. I stayed glued till the last. My prayer is that God will open the eyes of our leaders and teach them how to rule with such simplicity. I love the Obamas.
I don't think their eyes are not opened, their eyes are wide opened but they only chose not to see. They take glory in ignorance

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Natudu: 11:26am On Jan 20, 2017
Thank you, Explorer. I will archive this thread for reference.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by swtdrms(m): 11:41am On Jan 20, 2017
Can anyone tell me, why is it that when its Explorers' thread, you suspend whatever you are doing till you get to the end.

Explorers, if them sack me for work na you cause am o

5 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by daveP(m): 11:48am On Jan 20, 2017
Explorers:
The President's motorcade is pictured stuck in traffic on its way to the FNB Stadium for the ceremony.
Naija own no go let us hear word. The siren alone fit heal a deaf man.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by obajoey(m): 11:50am On Jan 20, 2017
full of emotions right now..

#Inspired.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Ekebe1(m): 12:05pm On Jan 20, 2017
nice
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by bennifield11(m): 12:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
adorable
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by vatiqan(m): 12:12pm On Jan 20, 2017
Thanx @ Op. Enjoyed it to the very end.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Benjom(m): 1:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
I really enjoyed this... Immediately I saw it's from Explorer, I decided to opt-in and I wasn't disappointed at all. This made me feel I've known the Obama's for long. Great thread.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Image123(m): 1:16pm On Jan 20, 2017
Explorers:
Barack Obama, Joe Biden, Robert Gates and Hillary Clinton along with members of the national security team, as they receive an update on the mission against Osama bin Laden in the Situation Room of the White House(2011).

Trust africans, Obama would have been given centre seat in front of what he doesn't have expertise of.

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by shurley22(f): 1:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
Soo insightful
Well done Explorers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Donvilo(m): 1:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
This thread has made me to realise that there is a good side to every humans on earth, no matter how big or small you are. Kudos explorers! I am enlightened. wink
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by ruudcruise(m): 1:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
Best thread!!! Started from page 0 to the last page.Explorer well done bro.
Obama is a once in a lifetime president.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by mekuso89(m): 1:54pm On Jan 20, 2017
How many times have we done this for our own presidos
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by kjhova(m): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
prettyboi1989:
the guy na funny guy but the fact that he slyed isreal during the un resolution over thet palestinian issue made me hate him

In that case, maybe you need a little more understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian debacle. I am sorry to derail such a beautiful thread but let me put it to you in clear ways.

In the 1800's, Britain and France gradually seized control of the Levant and Arabia from the Ottoman Empire (Succeded by modern Turkey). The territory of Palestine, peopled by indigenous Arabs, was carved and separated from the Levant, Trans-Jordan and Egypt and administered by the British. From 1910 to 1940, Britain allowed practicing Jews to relocate from Europe and America to the Jerusalem area as advocated by the so-called Zionist movement who pronounced that the Arab occupants be evicted or exterminated. After the Nazi holocaust against European Jewry in WW2, the British permited mass imigration of Jews to Palestine from 1945. Three years later, the British left and handed the territory to the minority Jews to the detriment of the majority Arabs. Naturally, civil war ensued which was won by the Jews.

The Jews declared a new nation of Isreal, disenfranchised almost all the Arabs and squezed them into two enclaves of Gaza and West Bank. Today the Arab Palestinians are a people with no country and 40% of their territory of 1967 has also been siezed by the Jews and the encroachment continues with displacement of Arabs to make way for development of new Jewish settlements.

This is not about the bible, not about God's children or politics. This is about little Arab kids being born into a world where their destiny is already ruined before they were born just because their Jewish neighbours regard them as "untermensch" or sub-humans. It is apartheid and anyone with a good conscience like Barack Obama will have little choice than to denounce Isreal at the UN. That is the least he could do.

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 20, 2017
kjhova:

In that case, maybe you need a little more understanding of the Israeli-Palestinian debacle. I am sorry to derail such a beautiful thread but let me put it to you in clear ways.

In the 1800's, Britain and France gradually seized control of the Levant and Arabia from the Ottoman Empire (Succeded by modern Turkey). The territory of Palestine, peopled by indigenous Arabs, was carved and separated from the Levant, Trans-Jordan and Egypt and administered by the British. From 1910 to 1940, Britain allowed practicing Jews to relocate from Europe and America to the Jerusalem area as advocated by the so-called Zionist movement who pronounced that the Arab occupants be evicted or exterminated. After the Nazi holocaust against European Jewry in WW2, the British permited mass imigration of Jews to Palestine from 1945. Three years later, the British left and handed the territory to the minority Jews to the detriment of the majority Arabs. Naturally, civil war ensued which was won by the Jews.

The Jews declared a new nation of Isreal, disenfranchised almost all the Arabs and squezed them into two enclaves of Gaza and West Bank. Today the Arab Palestinians are a people with no country and 40% of their territory of 1967 has also been siezed by the Jews and the encroachment continues with displacement of Arabs to make way for development of new Jewish settlements.

This is not about the bible, not about God's children or politics. This is about little Arab kids being born into a world where their destiny is already ruined before they were born just because their Jewish neighbours regard them as "untermensch" or sub-humans. It is apartheid and anyone with a good conscience like Barack Obama will have little choice than to denounce Isreal at the UN. That is the least he could do.
does that justify hamas terrorists raining thousands of rockets into isreal few years ago? if not for the missile shield isreal had, isreal would have suffered great loss.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Hoii(m): 2:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
Beautiful! Welldone Explorers
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by YTderin(f): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
Very insightful!! Africa, my Africa........... Kudos explorers.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by hahn(m): 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Greatidonis:
Obama na real guy man. I wonder when Nigeria go get this type of president. Working but in a very friendly mood. Great but always brings himself down to the level of the ordinary people. God bless America.

Our leaders are always in a friendly mood especially when they loot funds smiley

2 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by mediocre(m): 3:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
asunnu:
Younger in the former, Older in the latter
duh!

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Shot Five Times By Police In Missouri USA / Trump Golfs, Takes Photos With A Bride As Biden Wins / US Called Off Planned Strike On Iran, 10 Minutes To Strike - Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.