Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. - Foreign Affairs (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. (63890 Views)

Barack Obama's Tweet On Charlottesville Becomes Most Popular Tweet Ever(Pic) / Paul Kagame Wins 3rd Term After 17-year Presidency In Rwanda / The Obama Family At The Beginning Of Obama's Presidency And Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by tanteta(m): 7:36am On Oct 06, 2016
boss1310:
God I am still alive(thank you very much for that)and I know that one day you will hear my cry and change the situation of I and my young family for good.I owe it to you to keep on hustling and never give up amen

I claim this prayers for my young family.
please father help me not to give up.
Amen and Amen.

@explorers you guys really are the best. thanks

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Osmondinho(m): 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2016
My real Nigga explorer... continue

Good oblne bro
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 3:55am On Oct 08, 2016
Campaign: Obama said on Tuesday that he 'really, really, really wants to elect Hillary Clinton'.

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 4:03am On Oct 08, 2016
President Barack Obama fulfilled his civic duty on Friday and cast his ballot in the presidential election.

'They can't see who I'm voting for can they?' he teased as reporters traveling with him looked on.

The Democratic president endorsed Hillary Clinton in June and has campaigned with and for her. He's a fierce critic of Republican nominee Donald Trump, whom he says has 'wacky' ideas.

8 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 4:48am On Oct 24, 2016
President Barack Obama fist-bumps the robotic arm of Nathan Copeland during a tour at the White House Frontiers Conference at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pa., Oct. 13, 2016.

For the first time ever in humans a technology that allowed Copeland to experience the sensation of touch through a robotic arm that he controls with his brain. (Official White House Photo by Pete Souza).

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 2:41pm On Nov 11, 2016
White House photographer Pete Souza who has taken two million pictures of Obama - reveals his favorite FIFTY-FIVE

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3926100/Eyewitness-history-55-Obama-photographer-Pete-Souza-s-favorite-images-s-taken-2million-president.html
cc: Lalasticlala seun

1 Like

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Vince77(m): 3:23pm On Nov 11, 2016
Explorers:
White House photographer Pete Souza who has taken two million pictures of Obama - reveals his favorite FIFTY-FIVE

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3926100/Eyewitness-history-55-Obama-photographer-Pete-Souza-s-favorite-images-s-taken-2million-president.html
cc: Lalasticlala seun

Nice photos
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 4:24am On Nov 16, 2016
Vince77:

Nice photos

Thanks bro.
Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2016
'Don't assume the worst': Obama tells world leaders in Peru 'to give Trump a chance' because 'how you campaign is not always how you govern' November, 19 2016.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3952784/US-demands-immediate-halt-airstrikes-Syria-bombings-hit-medical-facilities-Aleppo-including-children-s-hospital-incubated-babies-evacuated.html

8 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:32am On Jan 05, 2017
Obama had earlier thanked the military personnel for their service and sacrifice.

Barack Obama's farewell ceremony as president says goodbye to the armed services

'As I reflect on the challenges we have faced together and on those to come, I believe that one of the greatest tasks before our armed forces is to retain the high confidence that the American people rightly place in you,' Obama said.

'We must never hesitate to act when necessary to defend our nation, but we must also never rush into war because sending you into harm's way should be a last and not first resort.

'Obama also called for a smooth handover of control of the U.S. military to incoming commander in chief Donald Trump.

'We've got to make sure that during this transition period that there is a seamless passing of the baton, that there's continuity,' the outgoing president said.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:34am On Jan 05, 2017
Obama also called for a smooth handover of control of the U.S. military to incoming commander in chief Donald Trump.

6 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:35am On Jan 05, 2017
Prior to his remarks, Defense Secretary Ash Carter presented Obama with the Medal of Distinguished Public Service as a token of appreciation for his service as commander in chief.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4089406/US-Army-honor-guard-passes-Barack-Obama-s-farewell-ceremony.html

11 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:37am On Jan 05, 2017
President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama share a private moment in a freight elevator at an Inaugural Ball in Washington, DC, on January 20, 2009.

12 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:41am On Jan 05, 2017
President Barack Obama sits on the steps of the U.S. Ambassador's residence in Paris before returning to Washington, on June 7, 2009.

9 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:44am On Jan 05, 2017
In Afghanistan, there was virtually no light inside the helicopter as we flew from Kabul back to Bagram Air Field after the President had met with Afghan President Hamid Karzai.

Flanking the President are General John Allen, Commanding General of U.S. Forces in Afghanistan, and U.S. Ambassador to Afghanistan Ryan Crocker. Denis McDonough, Deputy National Security Advisor, is at left.

4 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:45am On Jan 05, 2017
President Barack Obama walks with U.S. Secret Service agents to Air Force One at Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, California, on May 8, 2014.

6 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 10:59am On Jan 05, 2017
President Obama arrives at Ohio's Port Columbus International Airport with Senator Sherrod Brown, Rep. Mary Jo Kilroy, and Secret Service, March 6, 2009.

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 11:34am On Jan 05, 2017
Two days after the election, the President meets with President-elect Donald Trump.

9 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 3:17am On Jan 07, 2017
Near-weeping Michelle Obama delivers valedictory appeal to 'hope' as she says being First Lady was 'greatest honor of my life'

Her voice breaking and eyes filling with tears, an unusually emotional Michelle Obama said Friday that being first lady 'has been the greatest honor of my life' as she bid an early farewell to the White House.

An East Room ceremony honoring the 2017 school counselor of the year,and the work of all school counselors, marked her final event as first lady.

Before the tearful goodbye, there were words of encouragement for young people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 3:20am On Jan 07, 2017
Michelle Obama gave her final speech as first lady on Friday, during the 2017 School Counselor of the Year ceremony, coming to the point of tears as her emotions overtook her at one point.

Mrs. Obama urged kids to get the best education they can and then use it to 'lead by example with hope, never fear'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4095682/Michelle-Obama-Lifes-greatest-honor-lady.html

5 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Jan 11, 2017
I hope someone is also capturing Buhari

Obama came and conquered

3 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 6:48am On Jan 15, 2017
'You made me a better man': Obama holds back the tears as he thanks the American people for their resilience in his final weekly address.

Barack Obama thanked the American people for their resilience and said he's more 'optimistic' about the country's future in the final weekly address of his administration.

The outgoing president managed to hold back tears as he admitted he had become a 'better man' during his time in office.

'Over the course of these eight years, I have seen the goodness, the resilience, and the hope of the American people.

'I've seen neighbors looking out for each other as we rescued our economy from the worst crisis of our lifetimes.

I've hugged cancer survivors who finally know the security of affordable health care,' he said.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 6:50am On Jan 15, 2017
From left, Vice President Joe Biden, his wife Jill Biden, first lady Michelle Obama and Malia Obama, standing for the national anthem during Obama's farewell speech.

4 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 6:51am On Jan 15, 2017
Michelle and Malia watch on from the crowd during the address. Obama thanked both of them and daughter Sasha in his final speech to the nation.

Obama also gushed about First Lady Michelle, calling her 'best friend'.

'You took on a role you didn’t ask for and you made it your own, with grace and with grit and with style and good humor.

'You made the White House a place that belongs to everybody.

And the new generation sets its sights higher because it has you as a role model.'

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Vice President Joe Biden broke down in tears on Thursday in a surprise ceremony where he was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom with distinction.

22 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 6:57am On Jan 15, 2017
The president himself wiped away a tear while paying tribute to his wife, who he said made the role of First Lady her own 'with grace and with grit and with style'

Obama went on to say: 'Malia and Sasha, under the strangest of circumstances, you have become two amazing young women...You have become two amazing young women.

You are smart and you are beautiful and more importantly you are kind and thoughtful and full of passion.' Malia shed a tear as he father spoke.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2017
'Michelle - for the past 25 years, you've been not only my wife and mother of my children, but my best friend. You took on a role you didn'task for and made it your own with grace and grit and style and good humor,' the president told his wife.

They are seen embracing after the speech.

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 8:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Malia hugs her father as she joins him on the stage after he delivered his final address to the nation.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 8:02am On Jan 15, 2017
Vice President Biden also shed a few tears as Obama calledhim 'his brother'.

Biden is seen above with his wife Jill in the audience.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Explorers(m): 8:05am On Jan 15, 2017
'To Joe Biden, the scrappy kid from Scranton who became Delaware's favorite son: you were the first choice I made as a nominee, and the best,' Obama told Biden during the speech.

They are seen hugging after the address.

13 Likes

Re: Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2017
Sasha looks appealing. It's weird seeing how young she was a couple of years ago.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

Trump: Why I Was Taken To White House Underground Bunker / Russia's "Dead Hand" Nuclear Trigger Can Wipe Out U.S, Europe In A Strike (Pix) / Schoolgirl Shot Dead By Russian Soldiers In Ukraine (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.