Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,027 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:45 PM

My Experience At Passport Office,festac - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Experience At Passport Office,festac (1190 Views)

See The Sorry State Of The Toilet At Passport Office Ikoyi [PHOTOS] / My Experience At Buhari Flag-off Rally In Porthacourt / Lagos Gets Third Passport Office (2) (3) (4)

My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Qrous(m): 1:19pm On Jul 03, 2009
IT WAS A RAIN DAY,26TH JUNE 2009.
I RECEIVE A CALL FROM MY BOSS YOUNGER'S SISTER TO COME JOIN IN THE SEARCH OF A FILE.
NAIRALANDERS,CAN YOU BELIEVE WE (4 PEOPLE)SEARCH FOR OVER 3HRS BEFORE WE FINALLY FIND IT?
WE CHECKED 1986-2009 FOR A 1 WEEK OLD FILE,THE SORTING ROOM IS UNKEMPT,WHILE THE ROOF/CEILING IS LEAKING
I DOUBT IF THE OGA THERE DEY DO ANYTHING,FROM THE JUNIOR STAFF TO THE OGA PATAPATA,NA RUNS ALL OF THEM DEY DO.EVEN THE LADY IN THE SORTING ROOM WILL NOT ASSIST. PRAY YOU DONT HAVE A COURSE TO CORRECT ANY MISTAKE/ERROR ON YOUR PASSPORT WHEN APPLYING ELSE YOU GO SEARCH TIRE OOOOOO
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Fhemmmy: 1:24pm On Jul 03, 2009
Instead of all the wahala, why not just re-apply?
If they will pay some change, i can design something for them to make sorting as easy as 1-2-3 from a system to the files.
but i am sure they wont spend on such, they will rather spend on how to collect money from people.
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Qrous(m): 1:50pm On Jul 03, 2009
ofcourse we wanted to but we were asked to come with file first in order to see what was written initially.
if you have a good proposal u fit approach them but i doubt their acceptance.those people there are not ready to work.
if na lie make u self go see
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Fhemmmy: 1:57pm On Jul 03, 2009
I feel u my guy.
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Tudor6(f): 2:02pm On Jul 03, 2009
Do all you have to do even dig underground to find your file,once you get it, RUN to the embassy and get your visa. . . The earlier you bail out of naija the better for you!
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Fhemmmy: 2:13pm On Jul 03, 2009
hahahahahaha tongue
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by blacksta(m): 2:15pm On Jul 03, 2009
Tudór:

Do all you have to do even dig underground to find your file,once you get it, RUN to the embassy and get your visa. . . The earlier you bail out of naija the better for you!

That would be easy but it is the same treatment u get at the overseas embassies. I had a very bad experience at the Nigerian embassy in London. It took over four weeks to get a new passport.
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Fhemmmy: 3:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
blacksta:

That would be easy but it is the same treatment u get at the overseas embassies. I had a very bad experience at the Nigerian embassy in London. It took over four weeks to get a new passport.

But you were never had to dig the piles of application forms looking for yours.
You never have to smoke the dust of papers that has been there for years even be4 u apply for your own passport.
You never have to be looking for forms while the clerk there are having fun with the legs on the desk flashing all friends and relatives.
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Enquirer: 6:22pm On Jul 03, 2009
I went through the same experience. I think it's time they streamline the storage and retrieval of required paper documents now they've gone digital.
Re: My Experience At Passport Office,festac by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Jul 03, 2009
Enquirer:

I went through the same experience. I think it's time they streamline the storage and retrieval of required paper documents now they've gone digital.

Digital?
If they do, how would they be able to lazy around?
How would the justify all the dried head employed?

Mallam Spends £4350.00 Or N1.1 Million On Baby Pram At Harrods London / Nigeria: An Imbecilic Nation Pushing Fifty / why do Oyibo People Sleep With Their Own Daughter?