Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,828 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview (15260 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Unemployment - Why A Fool Is Always Successful In Job Hunting Than A Wise Man / Lekki TV Company Asks For Light-skinned Girls In Job Ad, Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Sowhizy(f): 10:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmm! If am to say i think u shld take the 80k job because alot of folks are out dia surviving with jus 5000 a month and here ure, in dz harsh economy saying dat u cant work for 80k with no certificate whereas graduates are roaming d streets looking for a 20k job. Nwokem, ure nt serious. Ure an adult nd can very well make ur own decisions

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Onelovetayz(m): 10:43am On Feb 08, 2016
PLEASE!!! DON'T FORGE CERTIFICATE. My dear brother, accept the 80k job aside the job you can continue with your freelancing job which will serve as another source of income. There are a lot of opportunities for your profession be it ONLINE or OFFLINE they are there waiting for professionals like you.

Once again, Don't forge Certificate.

One love!
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by macflour: 10:45am On Feb 08, 2016
Comparing urself wit a frend. Dats is been paid 250k Sound's'greedy. Rather u shud be gratefull 2 God 4 even. Geting an offer.der re millions on str.wit. Talents praying nd begin 2. Get even as low as 2k. Offer.4 d'forgery aspect,dnt go der.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by ucnwafor(m): 10:46am On Feb 08, 2016
Op just send your technical proposals to the client and do your best, who knows God will favour you
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by tuna4servi(m): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2016
Nigerians hate hearing d truth,so if it's possible for u to lie for u to get wat u want u Can my bro
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Edd1e(m): 10:47am On Feb 08, 2016
I will advice u read "rich dad poor dad by Robert kiyosaki" if u read books, it will help, and because ur friend collects 250k as salary doesn't make him a better person than you....
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

Why did you feel the need to emphasize the Highlighted portion? angry

So what if there is Semen on some sheets you washed? Is it not someone who evacuates the suckaway that contains your feaces? angry

And on the issue of selling house and Car and what have you, I call bullshit on that story. You sold land, Car and appliances to pay off a bad job. PffT! Stories that touch. Even an apprentice designer knows that they print sample copies and send to the client for vetting before spooling out the rest.

Finally.. Please forge your Certificate and Qualification. The Nigerian Prison system can still accommodate 1 more inmate.
Madcow! That was harsh naw
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Boyooosa(m): 10:53am On Feb 08, 2016
@op, I heard a knock on your door just now.... pls check, he fit be all these EFCC guys again! cry
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:

Thank you so much. I'm 36years old with 2 kids, I never dream of working for someone I like working for myself but things changed and everything I've worked for gone just like that. My fear is how do I feed my family couple with study?

i would like to learn graphics from you sir. how do we go about it?
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Chickychic(f): 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
my dear , this is life and it must present to you a tough life experience but your ability to deal with it and succeed in it is what makes you strong and bold in dealing with issues.
as regards to your complain, my dear, you have to start somewhere of which you accepting the job that is paying you low as you call it(mind you some graduate are looking for jobs with such pay but are unable to get it), then try and save some money for your studies and send your family some . keep doing like this till you are able to raise the money for your school. with time your will become a graduate and even apply to a better company and get a better salary you know... and all these will become "once upon a story".
my advice .....dont give up soooooo soon.
goodluck.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nihilist: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
End justifies the means.

You can lie or you can starve.

I personally will choose the lie every single time
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by shotgun22(m): 11:01am On Feb 08, 2016
I must commend you that you are doing a great job! The only enemy you've got are the limits you place on yourself.. what I would suggest you do is...though it might be hard is package yourself!! no matter how hard it is, you need certification!! though most of the world renowned billionaires are not educated that's a thing of the past.. package your business, start behaving like a professional. dress like one, act like one. As long as you are updated n u know what you're doing you'll earn more money.. just package yourself!! don't make it look lie you're desperate or something... make it look like they are the ones who need you. aiit?? all the best! as 4 d kids they should motivate you to go 4 extraordinary.. read about henry ford!! + only God can make something small big!!
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Achilles2(m): 11:05am On Feb 08, 2016
Op
I really understand what you are going through.
My advice to you is don't give up and most importantly don't compromise you dignity by forging fake certificate.

Be still have faith God is in control
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Biofash: 11:07am On Feb 08, 2016
pls. it is never too lte for you to go back to school and get your certificate
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Ijaya123: 11:10am On Feb 08, 2016
OP, why would you sell your landed property, car and household items to find a reprint of a bad calendar? If you used the same calendarium for both Nov & Dec, then you needed to reprint only Dec page. I don't think that should cost you that much.

Bytheway, forgery is a crime. Be warned. As a creative artist as well, I get such offers too. My response is always NO!
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nobody: 11:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Maruf05:
u don't av to lie to ppl it would backfire on you later and could lead to prison, forging of certificate is a serious crime, most reputable companies verify the authenticity of certificate without ur consent. ur family would feel worst if this happen. u can start teaching some ppl to raise fund .BTW I'd like to learn d graphic design from you, let me know if u can help

I'm also interested in this. I always needed info in this field.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by excellentmomma(f): 11:32am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:

Thank you so much. I'm 36years old with 2 kids, I never dream of working for someone I like working for myself but things changed and everything I've worked for gone just like that. My fear is how do I feed my family couple with study?

Sorry for your loss brother, don't go forging certificates, it can cause more harm and complicate issues further.
I advise your wife gets something to do, no matter how menial, to support the family as well while you take up jobs and still study, you can do full time, it's faster while you still work. It's a sacrifice you both do for the meantime. In no time it will be over.

Keep up the faith and pray, things are looking up already. Good luck.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by juliuscarter(m): 11:42am On Feb 08, 2016
Brother, if u can forge a good certificate, go ahead and do it. Moreover u are far better than those graduates they are paying huge amount. It is well
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by labbyboi(m): 11:48am On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

So what if there is Semen on some sheets you washed? Is it not someone who evacuates the suckaway that contains your feaces? angry

And on the issue of selling house and Car and what have you, I call bullshit on that story. You sold land, Car and appliances to pay off a bad job. PffT! Stories that touch. Even an apprentice designer knows that they print sample copies and send to the client for vetting before spooling out the rest.

Finally.. Please forge your Certificate and Qualification. The Nigerian Prison system can still accommodate 1 more inmate.
. Gbam!!!
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nala22: 11:55am On Feb 08, 2016
1. You can write proposal and send to companies for jobs.
2. You can also advertise for apprentice and teach graphics, am also interested to learn and I believe there are lots of people who won't mind learning from all this you can stand again.

THE DOWN FALL OF A MAN IS NOT THE END OF HIS LIFE angry

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by sheilak: 11:56am On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:

You can

It would be hard but you should strive to get that degree.

I wish you the best of luck.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by xxxtedyxxx(m): 12:01pm On Feb 08, 2016
MadCow1:

ODE
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by digitsolution: 12:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:
Hello everyone,

I'm a professional freelance graphic artist with over 8years work experience. Please believe me when I say I'm a professional. I'm highly creative and clients always comends my job.

The issue is, I stopped at secondary school level, I wanted to further my education to the university level but my elder brother who was my sponsor then died in ghastly motor accident. I was devastated and I couldn't further my education so I settled for what I love most which is graphic. Fortunately for me I met a white guy in 2002 from Spain who thought me graphic. I struggled to pay this guy, I had to work in a hotel as dry cleaner (washing bedsheet with sperm) but God saw me through.

I worked as freelancer since 2011. I made a huge mistake in dec 2014 (used the same date for November and December calender) for a reputable company in Lagos. They wouldn't listen to my plead so I sold my landed property, my car and home appliances to reprint the whole 16,000 copies.

Now, I want to work as in-house graphic artist but they price me down due to my educational background, they don't even talk about my experience, imagine a company offered 80k. Meanwhile I have a friend whose experience isn't as wide as mine collecting 250k monthly. The issue is I can forge original certificate I'm very good at manipulation. But my conscience won't allow me.

What do you think I should do in this situation?

kindly send me your number or contact info
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Vivly(f): 12:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:
Hello everyone,

I'm a professional freelance graphic artist with over 8years work experience. Please believe me when I say I'm a professional. I'm highly creative and clients always comends my job.

The issue is, I stopped at secondary school level, I wanted to further my education to the university level but my elder brother who was my sponsor then died in ghastly motor accident. I was devastated and I couldn't further my education so I settled for what I love most which is graphic. Fortunately for me I met a white guy in 2002 from Spain who thought me graphic. I struggled to pay this guy, I had to work in a hotel as dry cleaner (washing bedsheet with sperm) but God saw me through.

I worked as freelancer since 2011. I made a huge mistake in dec 2014 (used the same date for November and December calender) for a reputable company in Lagos. They wouldn't listen to my plead so I sold my landed property, my car and home appliances to reprint the whole 16,000 copies.

Now, I want to work as in-house graphic artist but they price me down due to my educational background, they don't even talk about my experience, imagine a company offered 80k. Meanwhile I have a friend whose experience isn't as wide as mine collecting 250k monthly. The issue is I can forge original certificate I'm very good at manipulation. But my conscience won't allow me.

@ bolded. I don't understand please. God saw you through what? The dry cleaning job or washing the bedsheet with sperm?

BTW, you type like you feel the world owes you something. Sorry to break it to you, it doesn't.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Bsc(m): 1:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Buhari brother u don take style tell us say u dey find work wey go pay u 250k and above without a certificate.
U go c shall.. Well done
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by muyibaba222(m): 1:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
try get a degree broda..... your qualification matters alot even if you are self employed. NOUN is here because of you
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by fm7070: 1:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
it is unfortunate that we celebrate certificate more than capacity in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Terrybabanla: 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
Thank you all for your wonderful contributions. God bless you real good. You guys are awesome. And for those contacted me through email who are willing to learn graphic I'd be glad to put you all through and I'll take out time to reply you all please be patient with me. Thanks once again.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Terrybabanla: 2:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Bsc:
Buhari brother u don take style tell us say u dey find work wey go pay u 250k and above without a certificate.
U go c shall.. Well done

This is not necessary, its unfortunate that we celebrate certificate in this part of the world rather than skills.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by bibijay123(f): 3:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Terrybabanla:
Hello everyone,

Accept the offer,enrol for pt or distance learning while u r doing all dat u can as well be searching for a better place where you will be paid well.in no time you will have your cert cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Nicepoker(m): 4:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
U can use nepa bill as cretificate.
Re: Lying About Educational Background In Job Interview by Terrybabanla: 4:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
digitsolution:

kindly send me your number or contact info
09058004742, terrybabanla@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Get A Job Or An Accommodation First? Which? / More About Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment 2018 / Vacancies @ The United Nations Volunteers (abuja) - July 2014.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.