Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,021 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:34 PM

Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram (1675 Views)

'President Buhari Called Me' - Dogara / Halima Buhari Called To Bar (Photos) / Igbos Are Criminals But Full List Of Nigeria Treasury Looters Will Shock You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Foxflames: 5:13am On Feb 08, 2016
Well, If Nigeria was an all christian country, I feel we will not have the problem of Boko Haram. I am yet to hear of a christian country still fighting in name of religion. While many will argue that boko haram is not islamic, others will point out that boko haram derives their principles from the koran. The point is that without Islam, there will be no boko haram, there won't be Umaru Abdul Mutallab - underwear bomber and Nigeria might have hosted her first miss world pageant.

Because of this association with boko haram brought by Islam, Nigeria is labelled as a terrorist nation by most countries. While those of you who haven't left Nigeria may find it difficult to see how Nigeria is perceived by other nations, others who have left Nigeria can give you first hand experience. It is difficult to get security clearance to be employed in certain areas because you are a terrorist Nation. Many countries extend visa on arrival to other countries but Nigeria is exempted and grouped with Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq and Egypt. You many point out that drug dealers and scammers also give Nigerians a bad name, but the issue of boko haram is most significant.

So, while Buhari can go ahead and say that Nigerians are criminals, he should not forget that because of his religion, Islam, Nigeria is unofficially recognized as a terrorist nation by most countries. His holier than thou mentality should stop.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by arresa: 5:19am On Feb 08, 2016
Another unintelligent religious bigot littering NL with trash...

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by prospero5(m): 5:20am On Feb 08, 2016
God
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by DaBullIT(m): 5:33am On Feb 08, 2016
Most of Nairalanders these days are brain dead, You call Islam Buhari's religion, the way it sounds to me , it's like you are saying Buhari orchestrated Islam, as if he is the founder of islam as if he's the world wide president of Islam

But in reality , have you read the quotes from Chinua Achebe ? He said worst things about Nigeria

Furthermore, You want to tell me Nigerians are not really corrupt ? are you blind, deaf or imbecilic ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Awe, did u even read how he call Nigerians criminals? If u did and you still came a here to spew this trash, then it is a serious matter.

I have never travelled out of Nigeria but will say worse if asked to because even here WE DO LEGAL BUSINESS BUT WITH CHRONIC CRIMINAL MENTALITY AND MIND.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Flexherbal(m): 5:37am On Feb 08, 2016
I wonder why mr president was careless about that word.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by anonimi: 5:40am On Feb 08, 2016

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Nobody: 5:52am On Feb 08, 2016
What do you expect from a man whose WAEC result was a big issue to provide? What do you expect from a sick man? What do you expect from a man who have no political plan? What do you expect from a religious leader that called himslf a nation leader? What do you expect from a man with am empty brain?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Foxflames: 6:18am On Feb 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
Most of Nairalanders these days are brain dead, You call Islam Buhari's religion, the way it sounds to me , it's like you are saying Buhari orchestrated Islam, as if he is the founder of islam as if he's the world wide president of Islam

But in reality , have you read the quotes from Chinua Achebe ? He said worst things about Nigeria

Furthermore, You want to tell me Nigerians are not really corrupt ? are you blind, deaf or imbecilic ?

Nigerias like other humans are the way they are due to scarcity of resources. Any time there is a train strike in London, people will jump the barriers, chaos sets in. There is also chaos during black friday sales. Majority Nigeria are poor or just able.to eat to survive. You are probably among the criminals bubari talked about. Listen a Nigeria without islam is ideal. You can not hide away from the fact that islam is not compatible with the 21st century. The ideology in islam is keeping northern Nigerian very poor. How can you explain the big difference in literacy level between north and south?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by DaBullIT(m): 6:23am On Feb 08, 2016
Your writeup can make me scream something

IPOB Detected !!!!!!!!!

The MO for all IPOB is to deflect from the original topic that is being discussed and that's what you did

Islam has been there since when GEJ was president and Literacy did not increase

Nigerian constritution allows everyone freedom of religion, so it's not my business if they chose to be muslims

Finally Return to TOPIC

CHINUA ACHEBE SAID WORST THINGS ABOUT NIGERIA WHY AREN'T YOU CRUCIFYING HIM ?

Ipob Scuuuuummmmmm
Foxflames:

Nigerias like other humans are the way they are due to scarcity of resources. Any time there is a train strike in London, people will jump the barriers, chaos sets in. There is also chaos during black friday sales. Majority Nigeria are poor or just able.to eat to survive. You are probably among the criminals bubari talked about. Listen a Nigeria without islam is ideal. You can not hide away from the fact that islam is not compatible with the 21st century. The ideology in islam is keeping northern Nigerian very poor. How can you explain the big difference in literacy level between north and south?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by MrReloaded(m): 7:12am On Feb 08, 2016
An educated man like you without sense of reasoning, Wat a waste...
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by ckmayoca: 7:40am On Feb 08, 2016
Since the president can call us criminals and even making the legit good people in abroad get discriminated cos of his word then I bet all Muslims shld be seen a terrorist. You accuse people collectively it makes the innocent suffer it also.
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Lanretoye(m): 7:56am On Feb 08, 2016
When u recharge N100 and you get N300 + 5mb=license to post rubbish.
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by drss(m): 8:18am On Feb 08, 2016
Flexherbal:
I wonder why mr president was careless about that word.
buari is an illitrate who should been cooling off with his cows in duara.
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by drss(m): 8:21am On Feb 08, 2016
ckmayoca:
Since the president can call us criminals and even making the legit good people in abroad get discriminated cos of his word then I bet all Muslims shld be seen a terrorist. You accuse people collectively it makes the innocent suffer it also.
true talk. all muslims ar terrorist n all terrorist ar muslims.
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by Foxflames: 8:24am On Feb 08, 2016
DaBullIT:
Your writeup can make me scream something

IPOB Detected !!!!!!!!!

The MO for all IPOB is to deflect from the original topic that is being discussed and that's what you did

Islam has been there since when GEJ was president and Literacy did not increase

Nigerian constritution allows everyone freedom of religion, so it's not my business if they chose to be muslims

Finally Return to TOPIC

CHINUA ACHEBE SAID WORST THINGS ABOUT NIGERIA WHY AREN'T YOU CRUCIFYING HIM ?

Ipob Scuuuuummmmmm

what did Chinua Achebe say? I read the book "There was a country" . He talked about the civil war. If he said bad stuff he was wrong. And that is not a green light for you to defend buharis comments

the.point here is that nigeria better off as a chritian country. Even the northern govs know that their region is sinking in poverty. The capital of sokoto was a christian town converted to the capital after the muslims saw the rapid development of the remote area by the Christians
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by banki(m): 9:31am On Feb 08, 2016
ckmayoca:

Pls when did the president call all nigerians criminals biko?
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by HaneefahRN(f): 11:15am On Feb 08, 2016
Foxflames:

Since u hate Islam so much, kill all Muslims, simple!

The illiteracy level in the North has nothing to do wt Islam bt the greed of their leaders, and some of the North's wack ideologies
Re: Buhari Called Nigerians Criminals But Forgot About Boko Haram by jamjo: 11:33am On Feb 08, 2016
DaBullIT:

Why is it that our people can't see things objectively, I'll advice you to go back and read what the writer are saying , You meant call me also brain dead but no matter how you see it Islam brought boko haram that is the fact and boko haram has painted Nigeria image black. And Islam is Buhari's religion that is also the fact. People like you who go out of their way to justify or castigate others for saying the truth by so doing you became one of those bigot. I am a christian by birth, but I am one of those that defend Islam because i believe Islam is a peaceful religion . I don't know if you are a muslim, but its people like you who can't see red as red or white as white, you are destroying the image of Islam .
I understand you want to defend Buhari, but the point the writer was making was that boko haram has used Islam to do more damage to Nigeria image then Buhari is acknowledging, for him to call his fellow citizens criminals , I know he said he is working to clean our country of corruption that is commendable but for God's sake he is our president its is time for him to stop playing for the gallery and do the work he promise to do. You all don't know the repercussions of that word criminal that was so wrong for a president to use in the name of saying the truth as you put it. If he really working to clear Nigeria image, there is so many other ways of doing so because he is our president and he suppose to know better .. I know what I going through here in America identifying myself as a Nigerian and i don't want my own president complicating it more by playing to the world gallery .

(1) (Reply)

Why Do South-east Fight For Their South- South Anioma People But..... / Plates Number Problem / Vote For PDP In 2019 - Akpabio Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.