Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,250 members, 7,818,859 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 AM

Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. (2404 Views)

750 Per Crate Of Egg. EGG THREAD. EGG THREAD / 2-acre Poultry Farm For Sale. 260-crates Of Egg/day. 1-tonne/hr Feedmill / The Tiny Egg I Saw In My Poultry Pen Today (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by Walexwal: 8:01am On Feb 08, 2016
A lot of people do not understand that there is huge business opportunity in connecting egg buyers and egg sellers. Marketing eggs comes with lots of investment benefits because egg is consumed on a daily basis. Many poultry farmers who produce eggs on their farms do not have the time to market in a bid to reach out to potential buyers because of the task of managing the farm. This burden is taken off by egg distributors who come into poultry farms to buy crates of  eggs at reduced price and sell to market women (who retails to end consumers) at a profit. Many industries such as baking and confectionery make use of egg as an important part of their raw materials. Production of poultry eggs is a major source of income for farmers who are into layer birds production.

Gather Your Capital
Although some farms may give you certain amount of crates on credit after you have been tested over time, nevertheless you will need to have your capital with you when starting egg distribution business. You should decide on how much crates of egg you want to start supplying based on how much capital you have raised and how large your market is. Also note that in most farms, you would get better price when you buy more.

Source For Reliable Poultry Farms
Your source of getting table eggs that you supply must be reliable. You should look for farms that can give you the eggs at competitive prices. The price of medium eggs ranges from #750-#780 per crate in major towns such as Lagos, Ibadan, Kano, Calabar, Portharcourt, Enugu and Abuja. Jumbo (Extra large or Double Yolk) goes for #830 - #880 Naira per crate.

When choosing farms to stay buying eggs from, it is important to consider the selling price, quality of eggs in terms of size and colour, distance to market and means of transporting the eggs.

Look For Egg Buyers (Retailers)
One of the key success in egg business in Nigeria is to grow a list of reliable egg buyers. You can get market for your eggs through market women in foodstuff market, bakeries and caterers. How much eggs you can sell should influence how much egg you buy from your source i.e. poultry farms.

Get A Warehouse/Outlet
Demand for table eggs fluctuates. Sometimes you end up buying more eggs than is eventually sold. There comes the need for an egg storage facility. An understanding of the guidelines of egg storage is important in the construction of your warehouse. Site your egg supply outlet strategically as this will give your egg marketing business the needed exposure.

In starting egg supply business in Nigeria, you can start small and grow your capital slowly. Buying and selling eggs might look strange to you but concentrate on how profitable it is. Keep yourself busy and be productive.

1 Like

Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by divineappo(m): 9:13am On Feb 08, 2016
We buy eggs in large quantity. We do pickup, cash and carry at ur location. We buy eggs @#550 per crate. Tell us ur location. We will come buy your eggs at that price. Gabdeland.agro@yandex.com, 09095500809
Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by dhee1: 9:29pm On Feb 08, 2016
i need advice on poultry and what to start with here is my number 08186859718
Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by sundayidok(m): 1:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Good day Nairalander I need an egg farm where I can get eggs in Large quantity like #550 to #600 I am based in Abuja people within Abuja, Jos, Kogi pls respond I can come for the pick up from your farm if we really discussed. My mobile 07059977536
Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by SBNLMarketing1: 1:08am On Apr 06, 2016
Fresh Eggs available in our farm. Please contact us via call or sms on 09053805615. You can also send email to employablebiz@gmail.com.
We will return your call if we receive your sms.
If you also wish to visit our farm, we can make arrangement for that. We currently have limited slots for year round supply, hurry before they are filled.
Thank you
Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by Agbonaogun: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2018
We have fresh Eggs for sell in our farm located at Oyigbo Portharcourt
Contact us on 07058430711
Re: Business Idea Of Egg Marketing. by kunleweb: 7:14pm On Sep 02, 2018
I'm following

(1) (Reply)

Opportunities In Agribusiness / Federal Govt Virgin Farmlands 4 Lease (99yrs) @farm Settlement In Oyo State / Tilapia Farming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.