Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,840 members, 7,813,821 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:05 PM

Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil (20028 Views)

Woman Kills Her Husband After Sex In Kaduna For Impregnating Her Friend / Pastor Arrested In Ogun For ‘raping’ And Impregnating Lover’s Daughter (pic) / Man Caught Raping A Minor In Kaduna State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by ijustdey: 9:21am On Feb 08, 2016
The police in Lagos have arrested a 17-year-old boy, Opeyemi Odujobi, for allegedly raping a schoolgirl, Sade (pseudonym) – an act which has resulted in pregnancy.

PUNCH Metro learnt that Odujobi allegedly raped the Junior Secondary School 3 pupil in September 2015 on Ayoola Street, in the Abule-Egba area of Lagos, where the duo lived.

It was gathered that Sade had lived with her grandfather, identified only as Richard, in the community for years while the suspect started living with Richard about a year ago.

Our correspondent gathered that Odujobi moved to Richard’s residence after his parents reportedly had a disagreement, which severed their relationship.

Fifteen-year-old Sade told the police that she was asleep around 11pm in September when the suspect allegedly sneaked to her side and raped her.

She said, “One night I was sleeping when Opeyemi (Odujobi) came to meet me and raped me. On that day, I saw bloodstain on my clothes and I felt pain in my body. I told my grandpa that I was not feeling good. He gave me medicine and I was alright. I did not know I was pregnant until I went to my father’s place. It was my stepmother who discovered the pregnancy.”

However, Odujobi said it was the girl who seduced him, adding that he indulged in the act when he could no longer control himself.

He said, “The girl seduced me, but I initially resisted it. It came to a stage I could no longer hold it and we had sex. I was afraid to report the issue, but it later led to pregnancy.”

The police, however, arraigned Odujobi before an Ikeja Magistrate’s Court sitting in Ogba on one count of rape.

A police prosecutor, Inspector Benedith Aigbokan, who brought the defendant before the presiding Chief Magistrate, Mr. Tajudeen Elias, said the offence was punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria, 2011.

The charge read, “That you, Odujobi Opeyemi (17), sometime in the month of September 2015, at about 11pm on Ayoola Street, Awori bus stop, Abule-Egba, Lagos, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did defile a girl, aged 15, by inserting your penis into her private parts, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.”

The accused pleaded not guilty to the charge and elected summary trial.

The presiding magistrate granted him bail in the sum of N250,000, with two responsible sureties in like sum, adding that one of the sureties must be a relation of the defendant, while the other must be a reputable community member.

The case was adjourned till March 2, 2016.

www.punchng.com/police-arrest-minor-for-raping-impregnating-pupil/
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by xender(m): 9:22am On Feb 08, 2016
abeg... 2da is ma day yes Iyam begging 4 likes izit ur consignment

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by eleko1: 9:25am On Feb 08, 2016
Why did she kip quiet since undecided? What did she tell her grandpa that happened to her undecided? Those lil kids ehn sad undecided

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Elosky20: 9:29am On Feb 08, 2016
hope u can control yourself now and marry her. stupid excuse

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by eleko1: 9:36am On Feb 08, 2016
She was asleep around 11 pm(where did she sleep) and she nor fit shout abi/the house nor get tenants abi?
Elosky20:
hope u can control yourself now and marry her. stupid excuse

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Inspectahdeck(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Not supporting them (rapist) BUT

Most stories regarding rape in Nigeria don't add up. She stated that "she was sleeping and the boy came and raped her". How come the grandfather (Mr Richard) did not hear her scream or their struggle?

Most cases turn rape when they (ladies) are exposed by pregnancy or when guys do not meet up with their agreement (olosho).

I know a guy in PH that was framed by his girl friend, all because her original fiancé caught them.

22 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 08, 2016
embarassed
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by dailynews0: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Lol
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by brunofarad(m): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Clowns everywhere grin

Are u building,

Check my profile picture
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 08, 2016
This is serious...I don't believe a 17yr old boi can single handedly rape a 15yr old gurl

11 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by princejtb4real(m): 10:59am On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:01am On Feb 08, 2016
End time Kid God help us sin everywhere
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 11:01am On Feb 08, 2016
okay
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Bluezy13(m): 11:02am On Feb 08, 2016
Why conceal the boy's age

It could as well be the girl's fault because children of nowadays are something else...especially the feminine gender.

But pregnancy.??
well, seek the way forward

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by MrAboki: 11:02am On Feb 08, 2016
Opeyemi Odujobi.

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by sashx(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2016
Doesn't add up

1 Like

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by olafum1(m): 11:03am On Feb 08, 2016
[/right]The charge read, “That you, Odujobi Opeyemi (17), sometime in the month of September 2015, at about 11pm on Ayoola Street, Awori bus stop, Abule-Egba, Lagos, in the Ikeja Magisterial District, did defile a girl, aged 15, by inserting your joystick into her private parts, thereby committing an offence punishable under Section 137 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State of Nigeria 2011.'' [right]

End time charge..
Police Sef. cool
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 11:03am On Feb 08, 2016
eleko1:
Why did she kip quiet since undecided? What did she tell her grandpa that happened to her undecided? Those lil kids ehn sad undecided

It was her step moma dat discovered the pregnancy...Which she was meaning to keep shut,until it was discovered "she claim its a rape"
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Coldfeet(f): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Sade you told ya grandpa you are not feeing fine? But failed to tell him what happened.

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by rafabenitez: 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
Srry what are there names again.
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by abiolag(m): 11:04am On Feb 08, 2016
He'll b able to cntrl d joystick in prison or become gay grin
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 11:07am On Feb 08, 2016
Coldfeet:
Sade you told ya grandpa you are not feeing fine? But failed to tell him what happened.

Mind her not...She has been enjoying the D,until the bubble got bursted

7 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 11:08am On Feb 08, 2016
xender:
abeg... 2da is ma day yes Iyam begging 4 likes izit
ur consignment

Happy birthday

2 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by kilokeys(m): 11:08am On Feb 08, 2016
Guys don suffer..

It's high time we move around with legal documents.

Do you consent to it? Yes or no

How many rounds? ...

Sign......
Date.....

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Achorise: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
How come she never knew she was raped till after months of pregnancy. I smell cooked up and fabricated stories. police should engage intelligent officers for thorough investigation.

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by AfroKnight: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
So it is now rape? The guy crept into her room at 11pm but the Police didn't charge him for Breaking and entering as well, why? Cos it was a f*cking romantic rendezvous!!! angry

The young man needs a good lawyer. He is only being framed by the girl's parents to reduce the shame their pregnant daughter has brought upon them. They don't want the neighbors to call their "innocent" girl promiscuous but have no problem labelling the young man as a rapist.

Young men be careful. Is there now a need to record the scene from _foreplay till the end, just to prove that it was consensual? Sad story for this young man.

11 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by BE811APP: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
rape

Doesnt sound like that...
some of dis ladies love sex more than anything..

now d thing has gone south...
Rape case shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 08, 2016
but he is still a juvenile?
It might have been consensual only that it resulted in pregnancy.
http://www.history.com.ng/205/episode-1-answer-the-riddles-and-win
Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by HARDBUOI: 11:11am On Feb 08, 2016
opeyemi odujobi
na dem!.... i just came to clear my doubts

4 Likes

Re: Police Arrest Minor For Raping, Impregnating Pupil by donpope1(m): 11:12am On Feb 08, 2016
Please what's joystick? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Prostitute Bites Off Colleague’s Lip During Fight Over Client / 5 Reasons Why Men Commit Suicide Than Women In Nigeria-from A Female Perspective / Man Re-enacts How He Steals Bales Of Clothes – Worth N24k Each

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.