Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,570 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:22 PM

Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work (1522 Views)

How To Successfully Write A Job Application Letter / Federal Civil Service Recruitment 2017: FCSC Denies Online Job Advertisement / More Pressure On Economy As Online Job Application Declines Over 46% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by perragy(m): 9:27am On Feb 08, 2016
Hello Naira Landers.. this is my first post. Wish it hits FP.

How sure is online job application, because as someone as I am looking for a better package and also those in search of a job have been submitting huge amount of applications online with no luck.

Is there any better way forward?

1 Like

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by scabit: 9:34am On Feb 08, 2016
I thought I am the only one noticing this trend. My people what is the way forward!

1 Like

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by LaurelP(m): 9:51am On Feb 08, 2016
That is because you're not the only one looking for a job.

3 Likes

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Nobody: 9:54am On Feb 08, 2016
The way forward is that you keep believing it works.

I got my current job through an unsolicited application. I also have a pending interview from an unsolicited application. Let me also add that I have had a couple of invites from unsolicited applications I made in the past.

At the end of the day though, you don't even need anyone to testify in order for you to believe that it will work for you. Before I sent out the above applications, I came across a lot of posts which either carried the message online applications don't work, or that 'hard copy' applications do not work. I started asking me self, 'what works then?'. At a point, I discarded the negative reports I had come across and I did my thing, afterall, life is per head. The fact that it didn't work for those posters didn't mean it wouldn't work for me. The simple summary of this epistle is that, you don't live your life by looking at someone else's reality or failure.

Lastly, if you keep on applying without response though, it could either be because of something you are doing wrong in the physical (badly crafted cv) or something going on spiritually.

All the best.

9 Likes

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by macaranta(m): 9:58am On Feb 08, 2016
It works,provided you're applying to what you are qualified for not forgetting a proper CV,the right application requirements,a reputable equal opportunity firm and of course God factor.

1 Like

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Nobody: 10:03am On Feb 08, 2016
LaurelP:
That is because you're not the only one looking for a job.

Hello,

Urhhh, I really don't think that would be a good mentality for him to adopt. I don't know, but I feel what job seekers need to drum into their own ears, is that they are applying to get THEIR OWN JOBS, and that they are not in the same pool as the millions of job seekers looking for jobs in Nigeria. Don't mind me though, this opinion of mine is borne out of my knowledge that the lot of everyone is maintained by God, and even when it appears that they are knocking heads with others to get it, they will still be picked out and given what is theirs. (Psalm 16 v 5 and Ezekiel 21 v 27). All they need to do is to put themselves in position to be blessed, because if their lot comes and they are not ready, it may be passed on to someone who is, as God has principles and he doesn't indulge loafers.

Sorry for answering questions you never asked me though. grin

Nice day.

3 Likes

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by LaurelP(m): 10:11am On Feb 08, 2016
Gaborone:

Hello,

Urhhh, I really don't think that would be a good mentality for him to adopt. I don't know, but I feel what job seekers need to drum into their own ears, is that they are applying to get THEIR OWN JOBS, and that they are not in the same pool as the millions of job seekers looking for jobs in Nigeria. Don't mind me though, this opinion of mine is borne out of my knowledge that the lot of everyone is maintained by God, and even when it appears that they are knocking heads with others to get it, they will still be picked out and given what is theirs. (Psalm 16 v 5 and Ezekiel 21 v 27). All they need to do is to put themselves in position to be blessed, because if their lot comes and they are not ready, it may be passed on to someone who is, as God has principles and he doesn't indulge loafers.

Sorry for answering questions you never asked me though. grin

Nice day.

Is he the only one asking God for a job? No, there are millions of people who probably pray more or need it more than him.

What am saying is, he cant conclude that online application isn't working just because it is yet to work for him. Many ppl are getting jobs thru that medium including my humble self. Hes not the only one applying.
Therefore, he shud differentiate himself, have a gud Cv, get some skills etc and also pray more
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 08, 2016
LaurelP:

Is he the only one asking God for a job? No, there are millions of people who probably pray more or need it more than him.

What am saying is, he cant conclude that online application isn't working just because it is yet to work for him. Many ppl are getting jobs thru that medium including my humble self. Hes not the only one applying.
Therefore, he shud differentiate himself, have a gud Cv, get some skills etc and also pray more

Okay then.
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by octopusfreaky(f): 10:22am On Feb 08, 2016
Yes,they are not totally reliable, most of ds companies must have finished recruiting before the so-called jobsites post it online.
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 08, 2016
OP the issue is controversial. All we need to do is to remain optimistic, give the best because the application market is quite competitive and pray for miracles.

If God of Olajumoke the bread seller turned a model overnight is still alive, victory is ours this year!!
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by palladin: 12:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
It works bro.
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Benjom(m): 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2016
You've got to keep trying, write an exceptional CV like the samples on my website and remember to always pray for God to order your steps.
#touchthesky#
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by missKiffy(f): 1:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
perragy it obviously works, i got my job tru online application, it just mite not work out for everybody, that doesnt mean it doesnt work

1 Like

Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by Barleykiss: 7:47pm On Nov 17, 2023
Can you please help with the format you used?
The way forward is that you keep believing it works.

I got my current job through an unsolicited application. I also have a pending interview from an unsolicited application. Let me also add that I have had a couple of invites from unsolicited applications I made in the past.

At the end of the day though, you don't even need anyone to testify in order for you to believe that it will work for you. Before I sent out the above applications, I came across a lot of posts which either carried the message online applications don't work, or that 'hard copy' applications do not work. I started asking me self, 'what works then?'. At a point, I discarded the negative reports I had come across and I did my thing, afterall, life is per head. The fact that it didn't work for those posters didn't mean it wouldn't work for me. The simple summary of this epistle is that, you don't live your life by looking at someone else's reality or failure.

Lastly, if you keep on applying without response though, it could either be because of something you are doing wrong in the physical (badly crafted cv) or something going on spiritually.

All the best.
Re: Online Job Application These Days Almost Doesn't Work by kapich: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2023
It works faster if you have someone in the company you applied to or some pushed your Cv. It's tough getting a job via online application. More like 2/10 chance

(1) (Reply)

##### / Job Opening Announcement! / Vacancy For A Recycling Procurement Officer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.