Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Can You Do Game Graphics? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Can You Do Game Graphics? (1560 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Do Game Graphics? by rock2(m): 11:04pm On Jul 03, 2009
Hey Guys, I've recently been thinking of creating a game. Not Call of Duty or Halo but something more casual
and 2D like bejeweled/Zuma or a simple side scroller. What i need right now is game art like backgrounds and sprites. I dont even have a
game idea yet. I'm not even sure where to post this but this should be a good starting point. Sooo, if you have any ideas
or the ability for game graphic art, you can let me know here. I believe some art could also bring about some game designs.
I should also say I have no commercial intentions in mind. Its just for some spare-time fun and education.
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by Kemjisuper(m): 2:28pm On Jul 04, 2009
Nice concept! I was going to ask what you had in mind but you flat out mentioned you're blank for ideas undecided

I'm thinking more like 2d/3d - more like 3d characters moving in a 2d perspective for a start. It would be really complex to attempt full 3d to match the likes of the current trend in the gaming industry so I'm presuming this concept would be good for development. Also, introducing a lot of African based concepts and props should raise the National appeal too.

More ideas are welcome though, to get a true picture of the possibilities cool
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by Okijajuju1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 04, 2009
why not start with the basic games we play like ludo, okoso e.t.c
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by Aseye(m): 3:41pm On Jul 04, 2009
why not do ur own homework, as in what type of game, what the game will be like and if its backgrounds u need for ur game, be sure u will get ti here,
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by rock2(m): 3:48pm On Jul 04, 2009
@kemijisuper, i like that african appeal concept. I believe you can do some graphics when we decide on a game right

@Okija, i dont really like ludo, but if you can describe a fun basic game, we could start with that

@Aseye, the only homework i wanna do is the game programming which i have done to a comfortable point
so ideas are still needed. Thanks for the contribution. awaiting more.
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by Aseye(m): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2009
ok dude, has u ve done ur homework and u have even gone far in the programming, fine, bring us in a little information as in what tye of game, so that we can delibrate and also bring in our own contribution as in backgrounds,
Re: Can You Do Game Graphics? by justbones(m): 1:19pm On Jul 07, 2009
yeah i would love to see some african themed RPGs

(1) (Reply)

Interactive Cd / Meet The Amazing Contortionist Who Can Fold Herself Into Carry-on Suitcase / Where To Learn Website Design Around Kosofe, Ojota

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.