Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,120 members, 7,811,144 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:44 AM

PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa (6531 Views)

Lagos Residents Go Topless To Protest Against Local Government Election. Photos / Ladies Join Topless Protest In Lagos #OurMumuDonDo (Photos) / Nationwide Topless March On June 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by olokfor: 7:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Angry maidens took to the streets of Ladysmith, KZN, South Africa on Friday, February 5, 2016, in support of the controversial virginity bursary. They have vowed to continue supporting the Uthukela mayor, Dudu Mazibukomayor who introduced the bursary scheme.

"If the government can give young, unemployed mothers child support grants, why shouldn’t the mayor help virgins for preserving their culture?" they asked.

Many groups have criticised the mayor. Higher education and social development departments have called on the mayor to cancel the bursary scheme for maidens. The Gender for Equality Commission said the awards encourage inequalities and must be stopped immediately.

People Opposing Women Abuse (Powa) has slammed an alleged bursary programme that funds studies for young women, but only if they can prove they’re virgins.

The Maidens Bursary was created by the KwaZulu-Natal municipality to fund higher education for young women. It’s been reported that 16 young South African women are the beneficiaries of the scholarship, which funds their higher education. It’s believed the girls are regularly examined, allegedly to ascertain if they’re still virgins.

Powa’s Palesa Mpapa said, "The fact that we are align it to the right to education is not making sense. It’s also discriminating in that within the girls being lured into bursaries on the basis of virginity and what are we saying about boys."

Mpapa added that the practice of virginity testing is unconstitutional.

"If anyone wants to keep their virginity, it’s their right to do it in their individual capacity. It’s a personal issue, which is not supposed to be done in public and it’s also not good that the agencies are using it in order for the girls to get bursaries."

The UThukela District Municipality says it created the so called “virgin bursaries” to deter young women from getting involved with older men. Mayor Dudu Mazibuko says the program is meant to encourage young girls to abstain from sex and focus of education.

"There was a study by the health department that "found that" young girls are more vulnerable than boys. There is no pressure at all, in fact this is an incentive because we are talking girls that have taken the decision to keep their virginity. Young girls are more vulnerable, they are the ones that fall in love with sugar daddies, get diseases and fall pregnant and then their lives are messed up."

Dudu Zwane, 50 a virginity tester and leader of Izimbali zoThukela where virgins are registered, said the maidens and parents are calling on groups to leave the mayor alone.

She said they were disturbed that government was criticising the awards while it was spending billions on child support grants. She said they expected government to support the awards because it was part of the campaign to fight HIV/Aids.

"We encourage abstinence but there are people telling our kids they have rights to sleep with men," said Dudu.

The mayor said she was not part of the march and told the SunTeam to speak to the maidens’ matrons.

A 32-year-old virgin and recipient of the award, Bongiwe Sithole said she came from the Free State University to march. She said if it wasn’t for the awards, she would still be at home because her dad didn’t have money to send her to university.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/02/photo-angry-virgins-protests-topless-in.html

cc: lalasticlala

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Realist2: 7:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lasisi !, sorry, end time
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Khd95(m): 7:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
Olorun i no read much of d post,i was rushing to see topless shenkezembarassed

5 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by nikkiking(m): 8:04pm On Feb 08, 2016
Khd95:
grin me too.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by nikkiking(m): 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2016
I no read am finish grin grin

I jus rush make i see them pishure tongue

Before my gadget went off.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by cleatoris: 8:17pm On Feb 08, 2016
Khd95:
LOL!
Trust me, everybody is guilty of this. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Flexherbal(m): 8:21pm On Feb 08, 2016
It will encourage them to keep themselves.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by chriskosherbal(m): 8:24pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by leke12(m): 8:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
They are already disvirgined with so many eyes
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by asadike(f): 8:28pm On Feb 08, 2016
Leave d mayor alone, am in support of d virgins biko.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by hopeforcharles(m): 8:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
Khd95:
Guy me too, I just rush go to the pix, zooms it I was disappointed I was expecting to see Cossy kinda mangos, Smh, spits on post, and bounces off.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Khd95(m): 9:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:

Guy me too, I just rush go to the pix, zooms it I was disappointed I was expecting to see Cossy kinda mangos, Smh, spits on post, and bounces off.
bart geegrin

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by SurefireAsoOke: 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
Na wa oO
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Nobody: 9:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
VIRGIN BUSARY.......................COME 2019.........................dem sick politicians fit use am campaign.

AFTER ALL, DEM DON USE N5,000 CAMPAIGN FINISH TO BE SHARED TO ALL IF DEM WIN. NOW THEY ARE SAYING THERE IS NO MONEY.

But PLEASE, Kindly keep your VIRGINITY till 2019. Perhaps na D dem go pay una.

I mean D for DOLLARS.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by mbhs139(m): 9:33pm On Feb 08, 2016
hopeforcharles:

In fact, to say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. The OP is supposed to be banned for creating a topic with false headlines because me I no see anything, shin-shin breast I no see. Mumu OP, just raised my hope for nothing.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by 100Cents: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Zoom that picture.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by hopeforcharles(m): 10:05pm On Feb 08, 2016
mbhs139:

In fact, to say I was disappointed is putting it mildly. The OP is supposed to be banned for creating a topic with false headlines because me I no see anything, shin-shin breast I no see. Mumu OP, just raised my hope for nothing.
Lol, the post ehh, hmm
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Amosjaj(m): 10:11pm On Feb 08, 2016
Omo, am not surprise
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Amosjaj(m): 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Am sure some nairalander can disvirgins them with their mind and imagination...
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Babareho(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
y dey go be topless on top bursary, make then cum try am for naija.... (i wont say wetin go happen) grin

Check www.adeatom..com
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by K9blunt(f): 10:25pm On Feb 08, 2016
When they say Africans no get sence, when they say Africans need to be recolonised , una go dey form vex .

This virgin bursery of a think is totally wack!

What about those that were raped, from poor homes and still want to go to school, don't they get anything?

This is just stigmatization and should be stopped, rather they should be rewarding heroic acts, people friendly activities than something though good if practiced doesn't guarantee a good life.

1 Like

Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Lordave: 10:45pm On Feb 08, 2016
What's the honour of being a virgin while you're HIV positive?
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by CertifiedFreak(m): 10:46pm On Feb 08, 2016
With all these boobies wey don fall finish? Southie don scam us.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by ZeroTolerance: 11:12pm On Feb 08, 2016
Poor quality breasts.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by soilsista(f): 11:22pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lordave:
What's the honour of being a virgin while you're HIV positive?
Then it means they got infected in others ways, other than sex.

I think you're smarter than that. Besides, this HIV talk is getting old now. No one is immune to it.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by centyboy: 11:30pm On Feb 08, 2016
is there any virgin in S.A sha?...just asking!
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Lordave: 11:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
soilsista:

Then it means they got infected in others ways, other than sex.

I think you're smarter than that. Besides, this HIV talk is getting old now. No one is immune to it.
Did I say they got infected through sex?
What is really joyful or honourable being a virgin but was born HIV positive?
Anyway I do not care how they got infected.

Funny enough, I just saw a South African foreign representative on NTA saying that as at 2011 75,000 kids were born positive, but they have managed to reduce the number to 60,000 recently.
Like I said, what's the joy of being positive and a virgin?
Virginity is being fraudulently overrated here.
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by sarmiie(m): 12:07am On Feb 09, 2016
Odiegwu!!! This south Africa and it's topless fetish...
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by fistonati(m): 1:00am On Feb 09, 2016
Konji no dey for South Africa? They need Nigerian merchants to arrange with d merchineries and be merchandised
Re: PHOTO: Angry Virgins Protests Topless In South Africa by Jarexxx(m): 1:03am On Feb 09, 2016
SAfricans getting topless on every little thing

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Officially Declares Intention To Contest For 2019 Presidency / "Mr President, Either He Goes Or I Go": The Real Story Behind Daura's Sack / Gateman Who Rejected House Gift For Borehole For His Community Begs Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.