Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:11 AM

Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) (3023 Views)

Cyril Oshiomhole Contesting For House Of Reps In Edo (Photo) / Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested During Rerun Election (Video) / Wike's Adviser Cyril Dum-Wite Arrested With Thugs During Rivers Election (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by ProfDumbledor(m): 9:34pm On Feb 08, 2016
On December 10, 2015 it was widely reported in the media including nairaland that Cyril Stober of NTA had retired. I was surprised to see him anchor tonight (8th Jan.) NTA news @ 9. Did he make a U-turn?

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by jieta: 9:36pm On Feb 08, 2016
t
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Cutehector(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
The man sef is just greedy. He should retire for christ sake. I remember when I was 5, he was stil a newscaster. Nw am like in my late twenties, still.. na wa oooo.

3 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by ProfDumbledor(m): 9:44pm On Feb 08, 2016
Cutehector:
The man sef is just greedy. He should retire for christ sake. I remember when I was 5, he was stil a newscaster. Nw am like in my late twenties, still.. na wa oooo.
Bros I tire for that man ooo! But I don't blame him, rather I will blame NTA for her inability to raise a capable replacement for him before hand.
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Almaiga: 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
Nigerians and greed, does it mean NTA can't do without him or what?
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by ziky2010(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
abeg free d man.e never belle full
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Cutehector(m): 10:02pm On Feb 08, 2016
ProfDumbledor:

Bros I tire for that man ooo! But I don't blame him, rather I will blame NTA for her inability to raise a capable replacement for him before hand.
a lot of graduates who studied mass communication are out there yet u will still see a lot of faces u saw wen u were much younger in nta.

To be frank, i"v neva even seen any publication where nta sef dey recruit.

4 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by wiseone28: 11:07pm On Feb 08, 2016
Cutehector:
a lot of graduates who studied mass communication are out there yet u will still see a lot of faces u saw wen u were much younger in nta.

true talk
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by dhantey324(m): 12:57am On Feb 09, 2016
I was also surprised when I saw him today. But as they say, the older the better.

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Lanretoye(m): 2:02am On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:

You blame the man,I no sure say the station still get human resources dept. Btw wetin una dey watch for NTA self,channels no dey show for una side?...

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by chriskosherbal(m): 3:51am On Feb 09, 2016
I think is love for the job.
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Nobody: 4:19am On Feb 09, 2016
He must've tasted retirement, saw the pension plan had k-leg then ran back to steady employment. Can't blame him, I'd choose to stay and work into my old age than depend on a pension that comes only once a year after waiting for hours under the hot sun.
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by lloydpras: 5:53am On Feb 09, 2016
Fame without Fortune

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Bugatie(m): 6:47am On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:

Just free the man cos am sure you and I don't know the details of his return

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Bugatie(m): 6:48am On Feb 09, 2016
charix:
He must've tasted retirement, saw the pension plan had k-leg then ran back to steady employment. Can't blame him, I'd choose to stay and work into my old age than depend on a pension that comes only once a year after waiting for hours under the hot sun.

This is not the first news he's casting since retirement
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by danjaba(m): 6:51am On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:

Graduates ko graduates ni!! Experience matters you like it or not. No one for now can be able to anchor like Cril Stobber. For crying out loud, the Channels Tv anchor guy dat his his phone started ringing when on live programme......that got him unexpected, he squeezed face like like person wey jam masquerade for forest. The AIT anchor (Lady) that was caught rubbing cream with lots of House of Tara product on the news table. I believe if you have been watching NTA lately you will realise dat NTA really missed Cril Stobber. If he is still coming back for the job abeg you are highly welcome Sir. Experience matters!!

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Samirana360(m): 7:36am On Feb 09, 2016
greedy ppl.....same tin wit moji makajuola
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by sandraokosun: 7:36am On Feb 09, 2016
i dont believe its just greed, he must have made alot as a federal staff been in the glare of the politicians for years.
i think his life has now be accustomed to ths that he cant do anything without it.
i remember sir alex ferguson who said he would retire over and over but couldnt untill finally he was forced by his wife twin sister death that brought loliness to his wife.
i dont think cyril has gotten to the official retirement age set by the civil service, the previous retirement may just have been personal

1 Like

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by scholti: 7:44am On Feb 09, 2016
Why should a young, hale and hearty man like Cyril Stober retire. He still has prime years ahead of him.

2 Likes

Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by imsuboi(m): 7:54am On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:

Its by "connection"
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by Nobody: 1:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
Bugatie:

This is not the first news he's casting since retirement
I know.
Re: Cyril Stober Comes Out Of Retirement To Anchor NTA 9pm News (photo) by kokoA(m): 1:47pm On Feb 09, 2016
Cutehector:
Larry King, Wolf Blitzer and co on CNN are older than him. At times you need experience, especially in a profession as journalism.

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING : Army Stops Wike From Entering Phalga Collation Center / I Support Restructuring, I Can’t Remarry My Wife From Biafra - Akeredolu / The Dirty Vultures From South-west

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.