Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,713 members, 7,813,358 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima (11793 Views)

Corpse Of Gov. Shettima's Aide Who Died In Fatal Accident Arrives Borno(pics) / Farouk Farouk Dies In Accident Involving Shettima's Convoy / …over 236 Killed, Says Borno LGA Chair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Konpresor012(m): 9:40pm On Feb 08, 2016
Borno State government on Monday denied reports that some local council areas in the state are still under Boko Haram control.

Governor Kashim Shettima, who reacted to weekend’s claims by a senator that the insurgents are still in control of more than half of the state, told reporters to dismiss the lawmaker’s claim.

He said, “To me, it is unbelievable that such a statement could have emanated from Senator Baba Kaka Bashir Garbai. I can’t believe he said that because as a Senator, he has access to the Chief of Defence Staff, the Chief of Army Staff, the IGP and even the Presidency and he is not the type that even speaks to the media easily. So this is why I am at a lost.

“I have not been able to get in touch with him yet to get his own side, to hear from him what he actually said. But for now, I suspect he must have been misquoted or if he wasn’t misquoted, he must have spoken based on emotional outburst ‎and not anchored on ground realities.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/no-borno-lga-is-under-boko-haram-control-shettima/

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2016
I watched the documentary of Boko Haram and the Army's recent activities on VICE(Strange how the American Media knows more than the local counterparts) you can watch it on HBO or Xfinity on Demand.

VICE's kaj Larsen spoke with Buhari and the borno Governor and from every indication the War was being won in a frontline point of view but this has led to a guerrilla suicide style action.

Please let's not be misinformed, Sambisa is Boko Harams last stronghold, they don't have territories again. The war is being won.

Here's a Debrief

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cObdcpnAk7M

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by ademega(m): 9:48pm On Feb 08, 2016
one funny thing that will happen on this thread is this :
wailers will doubt and condemn the gov saying he is lying while they take seriously serious the talk of the senator as if they are bokoharam captured areas supervisors and the PAs to the bokoharam controlling those local governments.

while we the zombies will talk vise versa as if we stay anywhere near any of the Northern state.

to be honest...
these past and present governments had done something unimaginable to our brains whalahi!

we now think in one direction- either way. while we are failing again to hold our leaders accountable.

we are all putting ourselves in fuckin deep shit

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by xpensivNas(m): 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Who is deceiving who

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by SylarsMcQuins: 9:49pm On Feb 08, 2016
Zombies over to u, come depend ur co-lord...

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Bambless1(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Liars Are Liable To Die Young ! In Patience Jonathan's Voice "continu"

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by wristbangle: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
Over to wailers oo!

Where is keneking sef? sad
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by truetalknow: 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2016
NONSENSE
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by MzPecs(f): 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
Hmmmmm

Open invitation to BH sad
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Oklander: 9:51pm On Feb 08, 2016
xpensivNas:
Who is deceiving who
Senator wailer, deceiving IPOB youths and those who desperately wants the gov to fail as they are yet to get over the 2015 election lost by the ineffectual....

5 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by hensben(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
He is right. Boko haram are now practicing hit and run.
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Samirana360(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
let d lai kwontinu...
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by chloee(f): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Konpresor012:
Borno State government on Monday denied reports that some local council areas in the state are still under Boko Haram control.

Governor Kashim Shettima, who reacted to weekend’s claims by a senator that the insurgents are still in control of more than half of the state, told reporters to dismiss the lawmaker’s claim.

He said, “To me, it is unbelievable that such a statement could have emanated from Senator Baba Kaka Bashir Garbai. I can’t believe he said that because as a Senator, he has access to the Chief of Defence Staff, the Chief of Army Staff, the IGP and even the Presidency and he is not the type that even speaks to the media easily. So this is why I am at a lost.

“I have not been able to get in touch with him yet to get his own side, to hear from him what he actually said. But for now, I suspect he must have been misquoted or if he wasn’t misquoted, he must have spoken based on emotional outburst ‎and not anchored on ground realities.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/no-borno-lga-is-under-boko-haram-control-shettima/
. Oga you are deceiving yourself and using the life of innocent Nigerian as a politics

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by sublimes: 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
Using human lives to score cheap political points.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by donbrowser(m): 9:52pm On Feb 08, 2016
In Fayose's voice *Relocate to Sambisa without your Aides*

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by appini: 9:53pm On Feb 08, 2016
Confusion everywhere.
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Sirlancelot(m): 9:54pm On Feb 08, 2016
On what basis is your assertion mr Gov?BH is still under three local govt I know authoritatively,Gudun-Bali,Damasak and Malam Patori all along Baga-Kawa axis are still under severe threat from the BH boys.Please be sincere with the info u ditch out siR

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Ikem4life(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
SylarsMcQuins:
Zombies over to u, come depend ur co-lord...
lies all the way i pity the innocent citizens, their lifes are on the line

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by ademega(m): 9:55pm On Feb 08, 2016
both of them should take a tour round now
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by clefstone(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
I smell LAIs

10 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Pascal181: 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
Liar like lie muhammed

10 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by marshborn(m): 9:56pm On Feb 08, 2016
It doesn't matter if they are holding any LGA or not the main thing is that people are still dying everyday.... Please shut up and get to work.

1 Like

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by millhouse: 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
The nation newspaper again

5 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Konpresor012(m): 9:58pm On Feb 08, 2016
It really amazes me how some people think, the wailers can believe in Some one that is living in Abuja but finding it difficult to believe a Governor living in the state.

3 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by denedene(m): 9:59pm On Feb 08, 2016
Chei different sides to a story. Who's actually lying now, the senator or the governor? I'm confused right now undecided
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Tunami(m): 10:00pm On Feb 08, 2016
the governor is suffering from lai fever.

13 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Leviseed: 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Don't trust dat man
Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by giantstrides(m): 10:09pm On Feb 08, 2016
Sirlancelot:
On what basis is your assertion mr Gov?BH is still under three local govt I know authoritatively,Gudun-Bali,Damasak and Malam Patori all along Baga-Kawa axis are still under severe threat from the BH boys.Please be sincere with the info u ditch out siR

You are the one misinforming the public, everyone knows even maiduguri the state capital is under severe threat from boko haram, but can you state one local government in bornu where boko haram is still running their caliphate ? They are based in sambisa now, and every sincere observer knows that is where they operate from .

3 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by highpriest4: 10:13pm On Feb 08, 2016
Lies flying everywhere like bullets

4 Likes

Re: No Borno LGA Is Under Boko Haram Control – Shettima by Trailblazer1(m): 10:16pm On Feb 08, 2016
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ex-labour Minister, Lalong Sworn-in As Plateau South Senator / Alamieyeseigha: FG May Review Pardon List / We Arrest Boko Haram Members In Lagos Almost On Daily Basis – Army General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.