Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,879 members, 7,821,061 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? (8938 Views)

Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's / Have You Ever "Fallen Under The Anointing?" How Did It Feel? / How Does One Sow Into The Anointing Upon Your Pastor [according To The Gospel] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by oge4real(f): 8:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
maybe u be witch! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2009
God is not bothered if you fall during annointing service or not. The question is,
what is your relationship with God?
are you really born again?
you better give your life to christ before it's too late. simple!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2009
MrCrackles:

Will you shut the fuc.k up, slowpoke! tongue
You are a liar

I'll just act as if I dint see that.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by dachamp(m): 11:21pm On Jul 06, 2009

God is not bothered if you fall during annointing service or not. The question is,
what is your relationship with God?
are you really born again?
you better give your life to christ before it's too late. simple!

I agree with the above post
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by spoilt(f): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
Why fake a faint just to oblige a pastor? grin
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 1:41am On Jul 07, 2009
Because the guy would keep pushing your head until you fall. . . . Some like t.b joshua even resort to physical assault all in the name of deliverance!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by parislomo(f): 6:55am On Jul 07, 2009
@ Poster: You really don't have to fall 'under the anointing'. I'v never fallen (to the floor/ground that is) & used to be bothered that I might have a 'contrary spirit'. However, you can be overwhelmed by a teaching, testimony or anything @ that in a church or crusade and while others are sitting, you are standing; or crying or speaking in tongues. It's a moment of RHEMA. Note: it could be anywhere & anytime. Do you always need a pastor/preacher/MOG/congregation, ! No! I luv this passage: Ps. 51:6-12, 17,
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Okijajuju1(m): 7:22am On Jul 07, 2009
@ Poster

The truth is that your Odeshi strong!!
It simply means you cant be hypnotised that easily. People who fall down and start acting the fool are those who are easily hypnotised either by the music or the voice of the Hypnotist pastor.

Back in the days when I was part of the christian sect, I never fell, not even once. Yet my dad fell under an anointing under some really stupid situation that nearly broke his over 20 year old marriage then. That was when I realised that this whole "anointing" thing is nothing short of either a scam or hypnotism.

Someone said when the spirit of God come in contact with human spirits there is a violent reaction, did Adam and eve fall under anything?? Who in the bible fell under anything?? Not even ba' Jesus.

Mr poster no even think a go far, nothing do you o jare!! If you can, next time when you are around that situation, whip out your camera phone and start videoing those fools.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Kabikala(m): 9:21am On Jul 07, 2009
anyone who refuses to fall down under the anointing is possessed!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nezan(m): 9:57am On Jul 07, 2009
Happens with me too. I think the whole thing is about hypnosis.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 07, 2009
It's maybe mainly because;
(1) You don't have anything in you contrary to GOD
(2) You don't concentrate whenever you are in HIS presence
E.T.CCCCCCCCCCCC
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by walestar(m): 10:27am On Jul 07, 2009
I cannot fall and I will never fall for anointing , I never understand why people are always falling. He don past 20 yrs when I don dey go to church but I never fall once
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by timmy7(m): 11:23am On Jul 07, 2009
Me 2 no dey fall o, but i agree with boyolity and that person that mentioned moment of rhema. Maybe those that has fallen under such anointing should share their experience smiley
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by kokooro1: 3:02pm On Jul 07, 2009
If you are a ("born again") Christian, and you know it, not falling under ministrations means nothing. It does not mean you are resisting the spirit of God in any way. Sometimes it implies the direct opposite (that you are more in tune & receptive to the Holy Spirit). God has nothing to gain in our falling down.

Problem most pentecostal christians, the pastors inclusive, lack good understanding of spiritual things. They don't understand that spiritual maturity has little (or nothing) to do with age in church, church rank. The most of the pastors live under illusion/misconception that falling down is a mark of a persons contact with, and reception of the Spirit of God. That's why they push when you "refuse" to (don't) fall.

You're probably more spiritually matured than everyone falling.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by NosaHenry(m): 6:42pm On Jul 07, 2009
Your case is even good that you have not been pushed vigorously by a desperate "pastor" that want you to fall at all cost. I have been pushed severally to fall. So long as my legs and senses are still intact, no way.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by rasputinn(m): 7:58pm On Jul 07, 2009
Interesting responses;some very reasonable,while some are just plain stupid

Tudór:

Because the guy would keep pushing your head until you fall. . . . Some like t.b joshua even resort to physical assault all in the name of deliverance!

,,,,, and some are just funny
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by AyoB(f): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2009
LWKMD! gosh! ds is almost so ridiculous i cant laff!
anyway, most of us ve xperienced d headpushin-so-u-can-fall thingy
but it depends on if u wan fall or not. lol!
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by kalauta: 4:07am On Jul 08, 2009
You should thank God for not falling for the "Annointing" scam. Stop worrying about what other folks are doing, they've been brainwashed. It happened to me several times before where I'd wonder why I never fell under the "annointing". I later got to understand that the Holy Spirit of God does not require anyone to "fall". Haven't you noticed that the ones that "fell" under the annointing go right back to their sinful ways?
Just let the Holy spirit work it's way in your life and he'll always lift you up not make you "fall".
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by greatguy2: 9:44am On Jul 08, 2009
@Mr Crackles,i dey feel u jare.dey neva born dat pastor well.Under what anointing?Who in the bible Fell under any Kind of Anointing?
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by t0kunb0(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2009
@ all

Falling is totally unnecessary. . . . angry

You probably fall cos u probably wonna fall. . .i haven't cool
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by elangel(m): 1:08pm On Jul 08, 2009
People really do fall under the anointing.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Ayokunle07(m): 3:01pm On Jul 08, 2009
Where the fallers@ This thing is so common that you wonder if anyone has not "fallen under the anointing". I wonder why the "fallers" are quiet. I believe it's a big-time scam o jare.
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Realvoice(m): 3:26pm On Jul 08, 2009
Hmmmm, maybe you are not feeling the holy spirit
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by manmustwac(m): 4:02pm On Jul 08, 2009
you have to be delusional and brainwashed to fall under the annointing
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Tudor6(f): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2009
The wort is when people like pastor chris wave to a crowd an yells TAKE IT!!!
Some foolish people deceiving themselves fall thinking they've "caught the anointing" - What is amusing is you see pastor chris smiling and thinking to himself; see mumu people falling for nothing, i have deceived them. . . .Time to get paid. grin
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by banom(m): 6:03pm On Jul 08, 2009
Tudór:

The wort is when people like pastor chris wave to a crowd an yells TAKE IT!!!
Some foolish people deceiving themselves fall thinking they've "caught the anointing" - What is amusing is you see pastor chris smiling and thinking to himself; see mumu people falling for nothing, i have deceived them. . . .Time to get paid. grin

@ Tudor, my man u dey vexoooooooo.

I want to ask, do they have any insurance for those who injured themselves while falling ?
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by geerufus(m): 9:47pm On Jul 08, 2009
@Binhozie
My guy u did not fall b/cos u are the only sane being among those lot.
I've experienced same before. I stood still while others were falling.
Ask most of these peple falling the reason why they are falling and they can't give u a reasonable reply.
The whole bullshit is just a bandwagon thing.
Lets be wise and not allow some jobless people parading themselves as pastors deceive us under the guise of religion, claiming they have some fake annoiting.
The next thing u hear is "OFFERING TIME, BLESSING TIME" Stupid rogues!!!
grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked grin shocked
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by lastpage: 2:04am On Jul 09, 2009
You people in here are crazee! grin I will sue somebody for making me laugh like l never did in ten years!

Anyway, since l am not the only one, l feel bold to make a confession.
Year one at the University, the lady's name is Bimpe S (would not say her surname, married right now shocked)
She's just soo beautiful and wait till she opens her mouth, its like an Angel is speaking.
She's tender and her smile could melt the hardest heart.
Long and short of it, l was madly in-love with this babe. We were like "5 & 6" together, if l miss the 'heading', she will do the 'clearing' on my behalf!. Everywhere l go, she goes and vice versa.

But maybe l am not a strong christian like her, she worships with "Catholic Charismatic" on campus, and they have this "Intersession Prayer nights" where they pray from around 11pm till 5am.
Due to my feelings for her (l dont really fancy praying the whole night, l think we should give God a breather too) and to show her that this love is true and wonderful, l obliged to follow her to the prayers sessions, afterall, prayer is good, especially for students grin .

Now, dont you think l am not a good christian myself, only that 'Bimpe' really lives the christian life.
To cut long story short, around 2am, prayer was in full swing and leader began speaking in tongues.
Before long, everyone followed (about 20 students in all, at the Unilag sports ground), but my mouth was just dry like that of a dumb person.

I was embarrassed to see my Bimpe "delivering messages" while me, fine boy, was just there, unable to match-up!

Following week, we went again and my tongue was still "tied"! I have prayed in my room all week that God should allow me too to speak in tongues, l honestly wanted to, but l just couldn't manage it.
When prayer leader noticed that l was the only one who couldn't "perform", he came and 'laid hands' on me and we prayed together but after another round of one hour prayer, still no show!
The prayer leader then said l was "resisting" and advised that l should open and move my mouth. You know, like when you want to start a car with bad batteries, you roll it a bit and clutch-down furiously,

Again we went into prayers and when everybody began to speak, l too joined and intentionally moved my mouth since it refuses to move by itself.
I mumbled one or two "sheke-mara-kaka-bobo" (that seems to be the most common sound from everybody) but deep inside me, something said "will you shut-up and stop pretending"! shocked shocked
I quickly obeyed since l fear God too much.
Prayer leader realized l said something and he smiled at me, encouraging me to go full blast but fear of deceiving God (myself actually) no gree me!

Prayer leader tried to assist me to get into the groove, he laid hands again, others began to fall and speak but me, neither "falling nor speaking", was anyway near me.
He pushed me, hit my head and pried my mouth open (l will bite this guy o!) with his fingers, still no show!
I became so conscious of my environment that disappointment made me burst into tears!

Nextday, Bimpe raised the issue with me after lectures. I was embarrassed, felt inadequate and just couldn't understand how others did it so easily (even the obviously more "badder boys" than me) but l couldn't.

Bimpe is sooo spiritual, one of the reasons l fell for her but its become obvious that such a wonderful "sister" deserves a strong "tongue-speaking and anointing-falling brother", not some dumb-bloke thats always standing like an Iroko tree during prayers!
After first year, Bimpe proceeded to Medical School at LUTH while l remained on main Campus at Akoka for 2nd year.

Eventually, dis "no speaking" and "no-falling" disadvantage, assisted by our separation, made one "Speaker brother" to overthrow the non-speaking brother (you know, its like he's not "spirit-filled" or something like that!) and steal my Bimpe's heart. Very cruel Speaker!!

Till today, l still cant "fall" and l still cant "speak in tongues"!
How so many people are able to do it and l cant even do it once, not even when l try to "act it out", goes beyond me?

I love God (and Baba knows) and l try my best to be a good guy, but after uncountable festivals and Vigils, l still dey look like Monkey while everyone around me goes about it like its just natural!
Whats wrong with me, and the rest of you that are not falling under anointing? cry

I take consolation sha, its not only me wink

BTW: This confession is long overdue! First time.
if l want to, l can "recite" what they say, (l have heard it over and over again) but l cant bring myself to pretend that l am really doing it.
Feel like God is going to give me a "hammer blow" from behind if l try to pretend grin

Lastpage

1 Like

Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by Outstrip(f): 6:06am On Jul 09, 2009
I have never fallen either
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by na2day2(m): 8:54am On Jul 09, 2009
@ poster

dont let it bother u, i have never fallen under anointing too, in fact i made it a point of duty never to fall under some preacher's anointing. for me elephant blue detergent too cost for that kind thing grin grin grin grin
Re: I Have Never Fallen Under The Anointing- Why? by KunleOshob(m): 9:34am On Jul 09, 2009
@Lastpage
Nice confession! remain true to yourself. You can't deceive God even if you join the bandwagon of those deceiving themselves

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do People Become More Spiritual When They Are Poor? / Synagogue Building Was Attacked By US - Russian Intelligence / Christ Embasssy Celebrity Story Of The Week - Rev Ray Okocha‏ The Truth Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.