Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! (59250 Views)

FG Slashes Import Duties On 115 Items / Cement Price Rises By 44 Per Cent, Hits N2,300 Per Bag / Dangote Slashes Cement Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by 100Cents: 1:57pm On Feb 09, 2016
Smh

Since November last year
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by adconline(m): 2:00pm On Feb 09, 2016
Estacy22:
Good one from Dangote. If Nigerians could allow the new electricity tariff to stay, after some time the tariff will crash down just as we experience in Telecommunications. The investors need capital for expansion and expansion will lead to eventual tariff crash landing.
Another silly post! Would u pay for a rent increase before a house is built? Did MTN and Econet Wireless increase tarriff before rolling out service??

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by bamac(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
richidinho:
ok
when it is 200
wake me grin
houses are not for those who sleeps at all times. Keep sleeping, your destiny is watching. wink
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Acidosis(m): 2:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
abu12:

[size=14pt]Dangote is spreading his factory across all part of nigeria, leaving sE region 4 ibeto 2 start production of cement, yet u are shouting monopoly. Who is stopping u or any other nigeria frm going in2 cement production in any part of d country? [/size]

God bless you

So many people in this part of the world talk before thinking.

Give them loan to go and start something, the first thing that comes to their mind is how to lavish the money on cars, girls and contest with Davido.

But the next day they hear or read any good news about Dangote, they will never stop shouting "monopoly" without even taking some seconds to think and understand what monopoly means.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by LordVoldemort(m): 2:13pm On Feb 09, 2016
aaronson:
Even if he slashes it to 500naira, you guys don't know the extent of monopoly that guy enjoys here in Nigeria.

So how come he hiked the price in the first place to make so much wealth and now that he's made it, he's now considering the masses which he already ripped off long time ago.

He's playing games with your life because if his net worth drops tommorow then expect cement inflation.

I refer you to the second comment on this thread maybe you will learn one or two things from the comment
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by nellyelitz(m): 2:22pm On Feb 09, 2016
My brother all other brands are the same price since last year.I even got unicem cement at 1270 when I bought 30bags,so nothing so special about this news. Let his own be 1k or 1100 then I'll consider it a news.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by sonnie10: 2:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
How come one tonne of cement which is equal to 20 bags is sold for $45 from alibaba suppliers (please do your independent search)? Even if you use the black market rate of #300 to convert the dollars, $45 will be #13,500 for 20bags.

Therefore, a bag is #675 (naira). With official exchange rate, the price will go down to #450. Someone should tell me why Dangote can not sell for the same price since cement is 99.99% local content. Labor is even cheaper in Nigeria.

Remember, these suppliers are not even manufacturers but wholesalers, which means that they have also added their profit to those prices.

If suppliers from china, pakistan, Iran etc are selling for #675 or #450 per bag as the case may be, why will people think they are getting a good deal from Dangote? It is all about monopoly and capitalism. They blocked import licenses, connect gas pipe lines to their factory, buy off all the viable reserves and decides what price to sell.

3 Likes

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by ElCapone(m): 2:28pm On Feb 09, 2016
divinehand2003:
Why can't be rounded to N1000 ?
correct to 1 significant figure.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by ElCapone(m): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
aaronson:
Assimilate my point before you reply, my point is, he already made it period! If he likes he could own a plant on mars but he started from one and that was when monopoly pushed him through.

A scam artist( yahoo boy) could own lots of investments and properties in the long run but how he started still remains mystery.
dat man is da true definition of monopoly.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Bigtoto(f): 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ben Bruce should learn from him. Don't be a greedy billionaire to serve yourself alone.

Slash the movie tickets from 1k to 5h
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by lailo: 2:41pm On Feb 09, 2016
Since when we don dey buy am #1300 for Ijebo ode,This should be old news.I beg Dangote,i follow play ur Million naira promo,i neva see anything oooo.Hope no be say na scam u scam us?
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Isyakuadamu(m): 2:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Ahamdulillah. What a relief for the less Privileged of Nigeria (LPN)

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by izyericson: 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
old news!
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by MrKings1(m): 3:05pm On Feb 09, 2016
Nice One.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by FarmTech(m): 3:09pm On Feb 09, 2016
abu12:

[size=14pt]Dangote is spreading his factory across all part of nigeria, leaving sE region 4 ibeto 2 start production of cement, yet u are shouting monopoly. Who is stopping u or any other nigeria frm going in2 cement production in any part of d country? [/size]
This will be true only if he doesn't have any distribution center in the SE. He's just trying to knock out all competition bc of his love for monopoly. But it won't work.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 09, 2016
Even if he slash it to 1k Sokoto Cement is still the best in term of quality.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 3:56pm On Feb 09, 2016
nice one
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 09, 2016
They should stop deceiving nigerians with their word 'slash,' how many nigerians can afford to buy it?
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by felix281(m): 4:23pm On Feb 09, 2016
aaronson:
Assimilate my point before you reply, my point is, he already made it period! If he likes he could own a plant on mars but he started from one and that was when monopoly pushed him through.

A scam artist( yahoo boy) could own lots of investments and properties in the long run but how he started still remains mystery.
@Aaron, u made such a valid point. All these are business strategy though is a smart one from him..we have a name we call such strategy in biz...
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by REDDEVILS1(m): 4:31pm On Feb 09, 2016
Estacy22:
Good one from Dangote. If Nigerians could allow the new electricity tariff to stay, after some time the tariff will crash down just as we experience in Telecommunications. The investors need capital for expansion and expansion will lead to eventual tariff crash landing.
the new tariff will only stay if they provide prepaid meter to everyone. Don't be selfish because it favours u. I packed out to my own building and applied to my electricity provider that I also wish to transfer my meter to the new place. They refused, I asked for a new meter either analog of prepaid and wz told that none is available and I was placed on flat rate of 8k upon say most times I don't see any power. Now imagine if they implement the new tarriff
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by kkjj(m): 4:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
God is working
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by ogbongem: 5:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
a good suggestion my brother.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by shamecurls(m): 5:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Whats the actual price from Dangote factory?

Any Idea
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by benpedro(m): 5:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
Now i know that most people here are illiterates, stark illiterates!You heard slash and you're jumping up.what was slashed?Dangote X3 cement has been 1,300 since last year while other brands sell lesser.So when has it been sold 1,800?There is no recent slash of price please!!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by dotun365: 5:39pm On Feb 09, 2016
aaronson:
Even if he slashes it to 500naira, you guys don't know the extent of monopoly that guy enjoys here in Nigeria.

So how come he hiked the price in the first place to make so much wealth and now that he's made it, he's now considering the masses which he already ripped off long time ago.

He's playing games with your life because if his net worth drops tommorow then expect cement inflation.
disjointed comment how does his net worth relate to cement inflation. Sensless person with senseless comment
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Bgorgeous: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
When l buy cement for 1,700 in Onne where his factory is
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 6:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
dotun365:
disjointed comment how does his net worth relate to cement inflation. Sensless person with senseless comment
You couldn't make a constructive criticism without not throwing shade at me and so I'm taking you ignorant azz up on that.

First off, You so arrogant of your ignorance that you don't know one's assets,firm(s), properties and the likes are all estimated to know a person money value otherwise known as networth, excluding how much he grosses in annually.

Your level of gullibility is so top notch and new as the year 2016, characteristics of your gullible types is why we have a failed educational system in Nigeria making school a place where people go to learn conformity instead of rational congnitivity.
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by dyn1800: 6:11pm On Feb 09, 2016
You've your point ...... But need to be subtle as well. He's a business man ... Sure he didn't starts the cement factory to distribute to Nigeria for free.... Sure if you're in his shoe too you do the same. A business man will always think about 100% profit before he thinks about his customers

aaronson:

Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by dozzy001(m): 6:38pm On Feb 09, 2016
They are making us to suffer for what we have...slashing prices will now look as if they are helping us..God will Judge Una
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
Estacy22:
dont be so dull telecommunications crash because other networks came competing with them...eg glo & vmobile.nepa is 1
Re: Dangote Slashes Cement Price Again! by Nobody: 8:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Estacy22:
you said investors neneed cash? When you privatise do the masses provide you money to run the business? Or you a're supposed to pump in money,fix your business and come out with a price that will help you recoup? Please stop the a*s licking already

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Reactions As Exxonmobil Prepares To Leave Nigeria / Arthur Eze Dancing Video By Dele Momodu. Nigerians React / Valentine Ozigbo: "I Was A Village Boy But Today I'm Global And Well Travelled"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.