Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

If Only He Knew-a True Life Experience. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / If Only He Knew-a True Life Experience. (779 Views)

Nigeria to Europe through the desert-A true life story / Showers Of Mercy - True Life Story / TORN (based On A True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

If Only He Knew-a True Life Experience. by Thecholeric(m): 12:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
Hmmm...so where do I start from...well growing up as a child,the youngest in a family of four, i've been that guy struggling with a lot of complex issues. everyone looked at me as the baby of the house and so they treated me as such.I went through pre-school unto high school still trying to discover my purpose in life.

I was quite smart but never really realised that at the time.I proceeded for my Alevels and then it began to dawn on me.I began to ask myself some basic questions about my life:who am I? What exactly is my purpose and call in life...?the more I asked these questions the more I began to unlock the chest of sacred mysteries.unknown to me it was just the beginning of a whole new adventure.

Having discovered who I was, I was determined never to settle for anything less.I became more studious and passionate.I won't just take no for an answer.'what is he driving at?' you might just ask...well during my Alevel days,I had this lecturer or should i call him a mere 'teacher'.(looking back now i dont think i would ever want to see him again).(you know one of those teachers who like to form strict and tough)-exactly!he was one of those.my first impression of him was just that of an attention seeking individual.

Being an igbo guy and knowing my onus, I just knew he wasn't my match...to cut the long the long story short he offended me on several instances, and one day I got angry and threatened him.

I was summoned and had to face the SDC(Students Disciplinary Committee).on getting there I saw him seated amongst the panel waiting to witness my suspension...then the interrogation started, and at the end of it all, the teacher stood and walked out in shame as I succeeded in disgracing him amidst his colleagues.infact my heart was filled with joy...

since that day,he never came too close to me.I was the talk of the whole school for a while.

IF ONLY HE KNEW...if only he knew i wasn't just the quiet and shy guy who won't utter a word throughout the lecture period...

IF ONLY HE KNEW...if only he knew there was something behind my smile,my over polite and almost perfectly calm attitude.as a teacher he did all he could to discourage me but I was never discouraged.When the final cambridge result was released,I cleared my papers.I didn't make the number of points I expected but at least it was enough to take me to the next stage.I became the envy of my other colleagues and till today they still make reference to me.

what am I saying...?in life no matter where we find ourselves, we shouldn't try taking advantage of seemingly innocent ones...the quiet boy by the corner might just be struggling with some serious anger issues...do unto others want you want in return...respect everyone no matter who they are. even the beggar by the roadside deserves some respect.

Now i've left the school but the poor teacher is left to live with the bitter and painful sneering of his other colleagues.

IF ONLY HE KNEW.

(1) (Reply)

The Agony And Fear Of Childbirth--by Feranmicharles(pic) / One Night Stand. / Why Do Bad Guys Get Attracted By Good Girls?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.