Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? (563 Views)

Labour Rejects N30,000 Minimum Wage Offer By House Of Representatives / Certification Vs Masters: Which Is Hotter In Nigerian Labour Market? / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by lawnreigh(m): 2:03pm On Feb 09, 2016
With the economic realities of the present Nigeria, I think I can categorically say that Labour is almost free, the income is low (#40,000 now average graduate salary, unskilled jobs now placed on #20,000), working hours is long Monday to Saturday now a norm everywhere, infact some work till Sunday, like hotels etc. What saddens my heart most is the Workers right, Employers nowadays don't think about the right of workers anymore, no compassion for the sick as long as they are making there money, I was watching NTA recently how people invaded Public Complaints Commission on how they were dishonorably disengaged from work after sustaining injury while working. Due to some of this reasons employers are now feeling like a Demigod. Is Labour now free in Nigeria? What can be done to increase the rights of employees? Or betterstill How can someone get out of this mess?

1 Like

Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by adedayor08(m): 2:32pm On Feb 09, 2016
its almost free op. they even tell you "more people are out there looking for job". well I ain't gonna. beg someone to add value to him !!! that ain't happening
Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by bdazzled: 2:36pm On Feb 09, 2016
Can you imagine, this country gives me headache daily
Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by PresVA: 3:01pm On Feb 09, 2016
Labour is so cheap in Nigeria. .and many without dignity. .

The labour congress isn't doing enough! The rights of employees ain't being protected. ..nobody cares!

Entrepreneurship pays.. graduates will even be begging to work for you for as low as 20k. .place one vacancy and hundreds of CVs surface embarassed

Nothing like being your own boss!
Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by lawnreigh(m): 4:08pm On Feb 09, 2016
adedayor08:
its almost free op.
they even tell you "more people are out there looking for job".
well I ain't gonna. beg someone to add value to him !!! that ain't happening
Naso it's better someone know his worth but the reason why they continue to have edge is because of the high rate of unemployment nowadays & people just have to survive

1 Like

Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by lawnreigh(m): 4:10pm On Feb 09, 2016
PresVA:
Labour is so cheap in Nigeria. .and many without dignity. .

The labour congress isn't doing enough! The rights of employees ain't being protected. ..nobody cares!

Entrepreneurship pays.. graduates will even be begging to work for you for as low as 20k. .place one vacancy and hundreds of CVs surface embarassed

Nothing like being your own boss!
I agree with you on that strongly but the problem with it is that, you need money to make money brother and alot of people can't raise the fund to startup that is why most are taking up those jobs
Re: Is Labour Now Free In Nigeria? by obinna2nv(m): 5:51pm On Feb 09, 2016
Its real out here nigga....

(1) (Reply)

I.T Technician - VACANT STILL AVAILABLE / Scarm Or Real? / Volunteer Your Skill For OAYDP As A Web/graphic Designer!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.