Stats: 3,153,055 members, 7,818,163 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:15 AM

The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State (24668 Views)

Man Going For Interview Speaks Rudely To Prospective Employer Inside KEKE NAPEP / Npower Jobs Application Reopen May 29, 2017 - Minister Of Labour / If A Prospective Employer Sends This Kind Of Mail, What Does It Mean? (2) (3) (4)

The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by truthalways(m): 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2016
I am quite sure you must be wondering which employer is the second largest employer of labour in Lagos State after the civil service(Federal and State). Could it be the oil workers? No, these guys are not that much over here; what of bank workers? fair enough, but they are not the ones. How about the movie industry; quite close, but it's not them.

These employees are strong, fast, agile, scary, intimidating, forceful and always present. They work Sunday to Sunday, 6am to 11pm. Can you beat that? You are probably already thinking that these employees are quite hardworking right?. They have various branches of their corporations almost everywhere in Lagos State. In fact you can barely go one kilometre without seeing a staff of this great organization. I am sure you are still wondering which organization i am talking about.

They are the Area boys movement, the touts, the hooligans, the street urchins, the "agberos". There are not enough vocabularies in the dictionary to describe these guys. They are everywhere, on almost every street and bus stop. They are the second largest employees in Lagos.

These grown men are on the streets morning till night forcing hardworking commercial motorists to part with most of their hard earned daily incomes. They are most times seen drinking various types of alcohol, smoking various substances, harassing hawkers and sometimes intimidating private vehicle owners going about their personal business.

They are also partly responsible for the high cost of transportation via commercial vehicles, because it seems the commercial drivers are working for them. You see them collecting "owo aro (morning money) owo osan (afternoon money) and owo irole (evening money)". And these monies are not in any way small.

I wonder where all the money they collect ends up? Because i really have not seen any positive changes in any one of them.

I believe these men can be put to better use, like taking all of them to work on a farm or a factory, maybe at Ikorodu, Epe, Badagry or even loan them to Ogun state to work at Mowe Ibafo or Ajagbandi; anyplace else. Just get them off our streets.

Lagos state cannot attain it's mega city status or its vision 2020, that's if there is any; with these area boys on the road.

Ambode A+ is trying no doubt, i have to give that to him but you sometimes have to take the bull by the horns. Sweep Lagos of area boys and watch the city transform to the mega city it aims to attain.

Credits: Guest Post (Ekundayo Adewale)

Source: http://www.tourguidenigeria.com/2016/08/the-second-largest-employer-of-labour.html

34 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by chriskosherbal(m): 9:45pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hmmm I see
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by imbefool(m): 9:53pm On Aug 11, 2016
A truly interesting read.
I hope the Lagos state Government doew something about these guys. Especially those hoodlums at computer village. Wetin dem use my eyes see no be am at all at all.

Lalasticlala come and read something. This should grace our fp.

The guy above me just stole my ftc by saying nothing

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Firefire(m): 9:54pm On Aug 11, 2016
Very lucrative line of business.

No sunk cost, no fixed or variable cost, no material costs, all you got is revenue per minute. The worst the country's economic condition, the higher your income from the trade.

In the year 2000, I was offered to acquire Mechanics Bus Stop after Okokomaiko before Iyana-Ishashi by ECOMOG Boyz leader in Mile 2, I turned down the offer. Maybe I would have been a Mega-Billionaire now... embarassed

If Lagos State would fully attain a Mega City Status, I don't know how they plan to address this menace of daylight robbers created for electioneering purposes.

Anywhere una help me see MC Oluomo, make una greet am for me oooo.

Twale for Ojuyobo, jeun-soke, ko tun jeun sapo. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by drasob: 9:56pm On Aug 11, 2016
Quite controversial but I like. Kudos to the writer

The guy above is a clown cheesy
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by tourismlove: 10:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
Firefire:

No sunk cost, no fixed or variable cost, no material costs, all you got is revenue per minute. The worst the country economic condition, the higher your income from the trade.

In the year 2000, I was offered to acquire Mechanics Bus Stop after Okokomaiko before Iyana-Ishashi by ECOMOG Boyz leader in Mile 2, I turned down the offer. Maybe I would have been a Mega-Billionaire now... embarassed

If Lagos State would fully attain a Mega City Status, I don't know how they plan to address this menace of daylight robbers created for electioneering purposes.

lol...this guy is very funny

But on a serious note, if people should tell you their various experiences in the hands of these guys, you would understand that something truly should be done about them. They are quite everywhere angry

Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by matrixme(m): 10:52pm On Aug 11, 2016
@op, you must live in Ajegunle or Makoko. You must change location to high brow places sharply if you want to really enjoy Lagos.
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by dreamwords: 11:35pm On Aug 11, 2016

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by jashar(f): 8:00am On Aug 12, 2016
true talk ooo, OP. The amount of money they make per day ehn, it's more than what most people take home per month.

To me,they are nuisances, why should you be paid for standing on the road doing nada? undecided lipsrsealed

We got a long way to go in this Country.

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by sotozo(m): 9:13am On Aug 12, 2016
Atimes, they collect #700 from vehicles and I just wonder how much they will make in a day.

Are they using it to repair roads? Or their lives? Cos both the roads and their lives keep spoiling day by day.

The annoying part is they will fight or damage a part of the bus if they are not given money.

Ambode needs to do something shaperly..... Tinubu brought this upon us.

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by SeyiAyorinde(m): 11:18am On Aug 12, 2016
true talk
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by veekid(m): 11:42am On Aug 12, 2016
Good news abi?
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:43am On Aug 12, 2016
D
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by mmsen: 11:45am On Aug 12, 2016
In order to remove the agbero menace the Lagos state government would need to do a thorough job of clearing away all the illegal settlements in the state.

As things are now they can always hide in Makoko and Ajegunle.
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Vendoor(f): 11:45am On Aug 12, 2016
True
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by jeje123(m): 11:48am On Aug 12, 2016
U really make a point cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by ITbomb(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2016

If this kind face ask you to settle, just do it before his friends with worse faces come and give you need nightmares

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by seXytOhbAd(m): 11:49am On Aug 12, 2016

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by freemanjay: 11:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Recruitment for Teachers-Enugu State Universal Basic Education Board (ENSUBEB) August 2016---http://gisttrack.com.ng/recruitment-teachers-enugu-state-universal-basic-education-board-ensubeb-august-2016/
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by obaival(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
I can't explain, ojuelegba my pple story
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
jashar:
true talk ooo, OP. The amount of money they make per day ehn, it's more than what most people take home per month.

To me,they are nuisances, why should you be paid for standing on the road doing nada? undecided lipsrsealed

We got a long way to go in this Country.
[size=18pt]everyone gets a cut even your Lagos state governor knows that,so your nairaland opinion doesn't count.Ask yourself why wasn't Almighty Fashola able to stop them back then,them think through it if Ambo would even dare.[/size]

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by shamecurls(m): 11:50am On Aug 12, 2016
Its glaring that even the Government is in partnership with these hoodlums called NURTW a.k.a Agbero as they happen to be political thugs for the ruling party. Its a shame that a mega city like Lagos is littered with hoodlums.

I doubt if anything can be done about it as the Lagos State Government itself is the highest stakeholder in the criminal venture

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Lanretoye(m): 11:51am On Aug 12, 2016
@op you need a job afap.
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Pavore9: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2016
Make l laugh. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2016
word?!
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by Nobody: 11:51am On Aug 12, 2016
Firefire:

No sunk cost, no fixed or variable cost, no material costs, all you got is revenue per minute. The worst the country economic condition, the higher your income from the trade.

That is where apc and jagajaga's money come from. Don't dare touch them o .

Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by wildchild1: 11:52am On Aug 12, 2016
Lols
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by RichDad1(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2016
Up National!!! cheesy
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by RichDad1(m): 11:55am On Aug 12, 2016
Up National!!! cheesy cheesy
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by abbeyty(m): 11:56am On Aug 12, 2016
the worse thing is that those bus stops they collecting the money from are not looking good why not using some of the money to maintain those bus stops, everything goes to the chairman who will use the money for beer, women,builds houses and drives last cars around
Re: The Second Largest Employer Of Labour In Lagos State by jashar(f): 11:57am On Aug 12, 2016
hilaomo:
[size=18pt]everyone gets a cut even your Lagos state governor knows that,so your nairaland opinion doesn't count.Ask yourself why wasn't Almighty Fashola able to stop them back then,them think through it if Ambo would even dare.[/size]

ogbeni, na fight?

if my opinion don't count, why are you quoting it? leave it be.

Berra go and drink hot tea this cold afternoon.

As A Christian Can You Work For A Muslim As... / United Kingdom Employs 353 Nigerian Doctors In 100 Days / Africa Initiative For Governance AIG Scholarship Shortlisted Candidates