Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,133 members, 7,860,070 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:40 AM

IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World (2790 Views)

Acting President Osinbajo Has Listed 7 Lies About Nigeria / IMF: Nigeria Now World's 22nd Largest Economy / Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:10am On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

Was NOI not under OBJ?

The economy grew faster under GEJ than under OBJ.

OBJ remains the only head-of-state to have changed the course of the economy in his two dispensations. First in 1975. After handing over to Shagari, the economy nose-dived and Buhari killed it completely. When he took power in 1999, he again changed the course after Shonekan had ruined the economy.

Yaradua made sure the global financial crisis of 2008 and the accompanying oil price fall did not affect the economy. Then GEJ came and transformed a $419b economy to a $574b economy (based on GDP) in 5 years. We rose from position #29 to #21 in just 5 years.

In just one year under Bubu, our economy has shrunk from $574b to $493b. We have fallen from position #21 to #23 in just 1 year.

PDP may have looted Nigeria, but make no mistake they know how to run a government. Under OBJ and Yaradua (10 years), Nigeria moved from position #48 to #29.

-Lord
bros, go get sense
It's free for download on Google play.

Do not forget OBJ sacked NOI because in his words, "her policies will only work on paper. Make the rich richer and improvised the masses".

The increased in growth under GEJ amounts no nothing for the masses. And the rebasing was a farce!

NOI is no God of economics. She failed, big time!

Apart from that, when soludo asked her to tell the world why OBJ sacked her, she clsnt even respond because we all knw it was because of her corrupt deal in association with the debt cancellation deal with the paris club she chaired.

So, stop fuckin urself in the thigh!
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by Jesusloveyou: 9:13am On Feb 10, 2016
Tkester:

Mumu, what the article clearly points out is that the economy grew by 5% the previous year and not that it grew more than 5% percent compared to the previous year.

In 2014 our economy grew by 7.9%. Go and research on it.
so where is d 7percent growth, it grew in ur ineffectual buffoon and his cronies pocket and account, fo.ol

2 Likes

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by LordAdam: 9:24am On Feb 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
bros, go get sense

Do not forget OBJ sacked NOI because in his words, "her policies will only work on paper. Make the rich richer and improvised the masses".

The increased in growth under GEJ amounts no nothing for the masses. And the rebasing was a farce!

Apart from that, when soludo asked her to tell the world why OBJ sacked her, she clsnt even respond because we all knw it was because of her corrupt deal in association with the debt cancellation deal with the paris club she chaired.

OBJ did not sack NOI, NOI resigned.

When you say the rebasing is a farce, I can authoritatively say you are an educated slowpoke. All your opinions are SH1T after that statement.

NOI helped negotiate a deal where $18b was written off, and you say she is corrupt. Can you listen to yourself? You were owing $30b and someone begged for $18b to be removed so you only had to pay $12b and you are here tainting that person. May I never encounter an ungrateful blind hypocrite like you!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:28am On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

When you say the rebasing is a farce, I can authoritatively say you are an educated slowpoke. All your opinions are SH1T after that statement.

NOI helped negotiate a deal where $18b was written off, and you say she is corrupt. Can you listen to yourself? You were owing $30b and someone begged for $18b to be removed so you only had to pay $12b and you are here tainting that person. May I never encounter an ungrateful blind hypocrite like you!

-Lord
http://thenationonlineng.net/soludo-okonjo-iweala-tell-nigerians-obasanjo-sacked-finance-minister/

Feed ur soul with good education, facts and figures like a normal scientist wld.

Read...read.....read...learn

Be wise...okay?

You are the blind one here. There is something called 'selective honesty' it only works on people like u...
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by drss(m): 9:37am On Feb 10, 2016
LadyExcellency:
PDP vision and mission statement is on course: To make Nigeria the 20th highest Economy in the world by 2020 and in 2015, we became 22th.

PDP reduced poverty in Nigeria by 60% in 16 years. Increased the number of middle class by 500% (remember David Mark famous statement " GSM is not for the poor". Today Nigerians can now afford it with ease. PDP ensured naira flow while APC is hoarding the money and wants to loot them through fraudulent budget.

What is APC's vision and mission statement?
to sell nigeria completely.
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by drss(m): 9:38am On Feb 10, 2016
lalasticlala come n see GEJ's work.
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by drss(m): 9:41am On Feb 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
bros, go get sense

see how u dey lie shamelessly early momo sad NOI was never saked by OBJ, she resign from his govt.
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by drss(m): 9:43am On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

-Lord
true talk. dat boy u quoted no sabi economics.
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:51am On Feb 10, 2016
drss:
see how u dey lie shamelessly early momo sad NOI was never saked by OBJ, she resign from his govt.
did u see the link? I bet u want another one, right?

I'm here for u...

......She resigned as Nigeria's Foreign Minister on 3 August 2006 following her sudden removal as head of Nigeria's Economic Team by former President Olusegun Obasanjo. She left that administration at the end of August 2006....

She was already sacked as the head of economy team...the resignation was just a formality!

After she was removed, OBJ has already prepared a replacement...before she cld be served the letter, she quickly resigned. But what else will ahe want after being removed as the head of the economy team?

Did u even knw why?

Check wikipedia, under the career of NOI

IT WAS A CLEAR CASE OF CORRUPTION!!!!!

She and Olu Adeniji were both indicted!!!

So, read, learn, gather facts and argue!!!
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by LordAdam: 9:54am On Feb 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
http://thenationonlineng.net/soludo-okonjo-iweala-tell-nigerians-obasanjo-sacked-finance-minister/

Feed ur soul with good education, facts and figures like a normal scientist wld.

Read...read.....read...learn

Be wise...okay?

You are the blind one here. There is something called 'selective honesty' it only works on people like u...

Unlike you, I will not attack the person of Soludo to placate you.

Soludo pointed out errors under NOI, but stats still favor NOI as a better economist than Soludo. Soludo made monetary policies, while NOI made fiscal policies.

Under GEJ, NOI managed the interest rate to fall consistently from 13% to 8% year over year. The first time in the history of the country. Look at the GDP.

The letter only speaks about the achievements under OBJ with sustainable help from Soludo. Of which NOI was there for 3 out of 8 years. Soludo also stayed for 3 years under OBJ. Is it not convenient that he is embracing all the achievements and relegating NOI to the backdrop.

Under GEJ/NOI, unemployment rate fell from 21% in 2011 to 8.1% in 2014. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/unemployment-rate. You cannot cherry-pick facts.

I respect Soludo, but he is a politician. He will only use facts that favor him and suppress those that don't, like your President.

I will not ridicule his achievements, those of OBJ because I want to make a point. I have stated NOI's achievement. Why not you pick holes in them?

Soludo is an attention-seeker and a failed politician. He was also part of the monumental corruption under OBJ, so let us not get things twisted here.

-Lord
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:07am On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

Unlike you, I will not attack the person of Soludo to placate you.

Soludo pointed out errors under NOI, but stats still favor NOI as a better economist than Soludo. Soludo made monetary policies, while NOI made fiscal policies.

Under GEJ, NOI managed the interest rate to fall consistently from 13% to 8% year over year. The first time in the history of the country. Look at the GDP.

The letter only speaks about the achievements under OBJ with sustainable help from Soludo. Of which NOI was there for 3 out of 8 years. Soludo also stayed for 3 years under OBJ. Is it not convenient that he is embracing all the achievements and relegating NOI to the backdrop.

Under GEJ/NOI, unemployment rate fell from 21% in 2011 to 8.1% in 2014. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/nigeria/unemployment-rate. You cannot cherry-pick facts.

I respect Soludo, but he is a politician. He will only use facts that favor him and suppress those that don't, like your President.

I will not ridicule his achievements, those of OBJ because I want to make a point. I have stated NOI's achievement. Why not you pick holes in them?

Soludo is an attention-seeker and a failed politician. He was also part of the monumental corruption under OBJ, so let us not get things twisted here.

-Lord
lets start with the poverty rate, then.

I will school you a bit...I will even give u a file to download. Just send me a mail and I will send the PDF to u. But check the pics below, tell how the poverty rate decreased since 2010..

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by LordAdam: 10:18am On Feb 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
lets start with the poverty rate, then.

I will school you a bit...I will even give u a file to download. Just send me a mail and I will send the PDF to u. But check the pics below, tell how the poverty rate decreased since 2010..

You see how you misrepresent facts? I gave you fact of how unemployment rate reduced and you are giving me fact of how poverty rate increased. Is unemployment and poverty the same thing.

If you have not been living under a rock, you would understand why poverty rose... The major reason is the troubled NE which contains the poorest people in the country. The BH insurgency has steadily skewed the rate of poverty and is evident with the numerous IDPs around the country.

I am not arguing with you as today is a work day and I have far better things to do than try to convince someone who said rebasing is a farce! That comment alone shows that a 5 weeks old chimpanzee is more intelligent than you.

Swallow your stupidity and gross misunderstanding of macro economics on a public forum, don't spew it with wanton disregard for decency.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:38am On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

You see how you misrepresent facts? I gave you fact of how unemployment rate reduced and you are giving me fact of how poverty rate increased. Is unemployment and poverty the same thing.

If you have not been living under a rock, you would understand why poverty rose... The major reason is the troubled NE which contains the poorest people in the country. The BH insurgency has steadily skewed the rate of poverty and is evident with the numerous IDPs around the country.

I am not arguing with you as today is a work day and I have far better things to do than try to convince someone who said rebasing is a farce! That comment alone shows that a 5 weeks old chimpanzee is more intelligent than you.

Swallow your stupidity and gross misunderstanding of macro economics on a public forum, don't spew it with wanton disregard for decency.

-Lord
if I prefer insult, I av plenty. Ask around for a start.

Now, if not the fact that ur ability to reason is dying with a brain tumor, how wld u say that unemployment is not directly proportional to poverty?

I showed showed u poverty index, u said unemployment reduced...are being sarcastic or u're plain stupid by nature?

I'm done researching for u...check the national bureau of statistics and stop yapping!

1 Like

Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by LordAdam: 11:01am On Feb 10, 2016
SLIDEwaxie:
if I prefer insult, I av plenty. Ask around for a start.

Now, if not the fact that ur ability to reason is dying with a brain tumor, how wld u say that unemployment is not directly proportional to poverty?

I showed showed u poverty index, u said unemployment reduced...are being sarcastic or u're plain stupid by nature?

Guy, I told you not to quote me.

Unemployment and poverty are not the same thing. The relationship you are trying to force is in a perfect setting.

I gave you facts, you gave me facts. Both are from the same source (National Bureau of Statistics).

I gave you an explanation of why unemployment rate reduced while poverty rate increased and you are typing trash. Or can't you understand written English. Should I ask an interpreter to translate it to your local language?

I have told you I do not want to argue with you. You do not have the minimum requisite level of intelligence to maintain an objective economic debate. Educating you is like pouring water into a basket.

I will not reply you again.

-Lord
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by SLIDEwaxie(m): 3:52pm On Feb 10, 2016
LordAdam:

Guy, I told you not to quote me.

Unemployment and poverty are not the same thing. The relationship you are trying to force is in a perfect setting.

I gave you facts, you gave me facts. Both are from the same source (National Bureau of Statistics).

I gave you an explanation of why unemployment rate reduced while poverty rate increased and you are typing trash. Or can't you understand written English. Should I ask an interpreter to translate it to your local language?

I have told you I do not want to argue with you. You do not have the minimum requisite level of intelligence to maintain an objective economic debate. Educating you is like pouring water into a basket.

I will not reply you again.

-Lord
I'm arguing with facts...do the same and not hearsays.

By the way, I stopped arguing with u a long time ago when u can't come up with facts. I can see the highest level of prerequisite u av proven to av gotten...

grin
Motherfucka chickening out in grand style!
Re: IMF Has Listed Nigeria As The World’s 22nd Largest Economy In The World by FoodVendors: 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Food Nigeria provides a unique platform for your business to showcase its products and services to thousands of decision makers and influencing individuals from across the West African food and drink industry.
Continue www.food-nigeria.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

Only enemies of Nigeria hate Buhari......see why / High Chief Ateke Tom's Daughter Weds,Osuofia,Pete Edochie & Others Attend(pics) / Brazil Has 206M More Cows Than Nigeria But None Of Them Are On The Streets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.