Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,858 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:37 AM

Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo (10930 Views)

Nasarawa Corpers Allawee: Corpers Accuse Education Ministry/NYSC Of Embezzlement / The State Of Nasarawa State Corpers Lodge (Photos) / #ProjectClothe1000 By Nasarawa Corpers In Sdgs & FRSC CDS Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Walexz02(m): 4:30pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wao! Thread is gaining momentum gradually.
Let us invite PCM's posted to nassarawa abeg
Cc hardiodun oyA come over here cool
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Olami90: 5:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
jayloms:
please guys, would appreciate all you can tell us about nasarawa camp and the state in general. We'd be glad to know the positives and negatives of the state in terms of

Find a good accommodation
Security
Light
Cost of living
Getting a good PPA etc

Cc dayoakinns
olami90
Michade

Good afternoon bro and other nasarawa pcms. I am sorry for responding late.

Straight to the point;
Nasarawa camp(magaji Dan Yamusa) is located in Keffi, close to Abuja (about 30mins). As far as I know, it is a neat camp with low social activities (I believe this is because of the state coordinator we had then). The hostels are neat and condusive at least averagely, but have no wall sockets. Charging of mobile phones is done at mami market at the rate of 50naira.
You can as well come to camp with your provisions to cover up for those that may not always want to eat from the kitchen. There are variety of food at mami market but it is your purse that will bear it( a plate goes for 250-300naira). I will advice you to be wise in spending, no initial gra gra and forming except you belong to other group of people.

**Nasarawa is a state with 13 local government area.

Good Accommodation-
Aside being given accommodation by your ppa(mostly private schools, college of agric nad school of health), there are more good structures here and the cost is relative from one local govt or area to another. For example, keffi and karu(d two are d closest to Abuja) are very expensive when it comes to rent and cost of living. A room self con goes for nothing less than 70k averagely.
Lafia is better with a range of 35-60k. Other lgs are cheaper.
*for those that have high social life, clubbing etc, keffi is a place for you to be but your little allowee will suffer it

Security-
The security here is very okay. So far, I have not heard any bad news here. The state is very safe

Light
I can tell you light here is very okay in towns compare to southwest where I know much about. I can't say much for interior villages anyway

Cost of living-
Cost of living is very expensive in keffi and karu as they are close to Abuja. In Lafia, it is on the average and still reasonable. Food stuffs are reasonably cheap.

Getting a good PPA
Nasarawa is not more of an industrialised state so most corps members are posted to schools, hospitals(for medical graduates), ministries and local government.

Don't be disappointed, it will be safe to make the best out of every situation and anywhere you find yourself.
For me, I am enjoying the state.
Pray to God to guide your steps and truly trust in Him. You will not have cause to regret at the end.

Congratulations to you all.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Val601(f): 5:32pm On Feb 11, 2016
Olami90:

Good afternoon bro and other nasarawa pcms. I am sorry for responding late.

Straight to the point;
Nasarawa camp(magaji Dan Yamusa) is located in Keffi, close to Abuja (about 30mins). As far as I know, it is a neat camp with low social activities (I believe this is because of the state coordinator we had then). The hostels are neat and condusive at least averagely, but have no wall sockets. Charging of mobile phones is done at mami market at the rate of 50naira.
You can as well come to camp with your provisions to cover up for those that may not always want to eat from the kitchen. There are variety of food at mami market but it is your purse that will bear it( a plate goes for 250-300naira). I will advice you to be wise in spending, no initial gra gra and forming except you belong to other group of people.

**Nasarawa is a state with 13 local government area.

Good Accommodation-
Aside being given accommodation by your ppa(mostly private schools, college of agric nad school of health), there are more good structures here and the cost is relative from one local govt or area to another. For example, keffi and karu(d two are d closest to Abuja) are very expensive when it comes to rent and cost of living. A room self con goes for nothing less than 70k averagely.
Lafia is better with a range of 35-60k. Other lgs are cheaper.
*for those that have high social life, clubbing etc, keffi is a place for you to be but your little allowee will suffer it

Security-
The security here is very okay. So far, I have not heard any bad news here. The state is very safe

Light
I can tell you light here is very okay in towns compare to southwest where I know much about. I can't say much for interior villages anyway

Cost of living-
Cost of living is very expensive in keffi and karu as they are close to Abuja. In Lafia, it is on the average and still reasonable. Food stuffs are reasonably cheap.

Getting a good PPA
Nasarawa is not more of an industrialised state so most corps members are posted to schools, hospitals(for medical graduates), ministries and local government.

Don't be disappointed, it will be safe to make the best out of every situation and anywhere you find yourself.
For me, I am enjoying the state.
Pray to God to guide your steps and truly trust in Him. You will not have cause to regret at the end.

Congratulations to you all.
Chai, u don lift my spirit, Nassarrawa here I come ..tnks alot
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Olami90: 5:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Val601:
Chai, u don lift my spirit, Nassarrawa here I come ..tnks alot

You are welcome. Good to know you have been motivated.
I want you to know that a comfort Zone is a good place but nothing ever grows there.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Walexz02(m): 6:20pm On Feb 11, 2016
Olami90:

I want you yo know that a comfort Zone is a good place but nothing ever grows there.
Uhnm! Food for thought smiley
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by jayloms: 2:26am On Feb 12, 2016
Olami90:

I want you yo know that a comfort Zone is a good place but nothing ever grows there.

Thank you very much sir for gracing this thread with your presence. Please, permit us to mention you whenever we need clarifications about issues on nasarawa camp/state. Again, many thanks for selflessly availing yourself to enlighten the latest otondos cheesy

Pls, have you any photos of d camp you can share with us even if not now but at least before we camp?
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by jayloms: 2:43am On Feb 12, 2016
To all my fellows-- we are marching forward hallelujah Amen in that name of Jesus hallelujah Amen cheesy

@val601 I sight you, you're officially the first lady of NASACOM with you on this ship we are sure of a smooth ride cheesy

@walexz02, tuale for you, please join in d operation rescue and return all d missing NASACOM passengers.

@Everest25, how ur side with this your moniker I believe say na d highest position you go attain in all your career pursuits. Na prayer O, so, Amen.

@phinity318, my brother na infinity jeep you think before you coin dis ur moniker cheesy hehe.

To all my other people wey I nor mention make Una know say I love Una O! Homo nor dey involved ehen cheesy together we will create our own fun even if d place na dry land. All in all na Godwin.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Val601(f): 8:05am On Feb 12, 2016
Fellow NASCOM(ites) u pple should not worry am convinced we are going to enjoy our amiable state of deployment, and I truly hope is not a scam cos I would really like to meet all of you in camp.. as jayloms said na me be the first lady and as the first lady I wish to say congrats to u all on ur posting to Nasarrawa, wishing u guys the best as we all prepare to obey the clarion call, once again I say welcome..
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Olami90: 10:54am On Feb 12, 2016
jayloms:

Thank you very much sir for gracing this thread with your presence. Please, permit us to mention you whenever we need clarifications about issues on nasarawa camp/state. Again, many thanks for selflessly availing yourself to enlighten the latest otondos cheesy

Pls, have you any photos of d camp you can share with us even if not now but at least before we camp?

It is my pleasure any time sir.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Nobody: 1:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
jayloms:
To all my fellows-- we are marching forward hallelujah Amen in that name of Jesus hallelujah Amen cheesy

@val601 I sight you, you're officially the first lady of NASACOM with you on this ship we are sure of a smooth ride cheesy

@walexz02, tuale for you, please join in d operation rescue and return all d missing NASACOM passengers.

@Everest25, how ur side with this your moniker I believe say na d highest position you go attain in all your career pursuits. Na prayer O, so, Amen.

@phinity318, my brother na infinity jeep you think before you coin dis ur moniker cheesy hehe.

To all my other people wey I nor mention make Una know say I love Una O! Homo nor dey involved ehen cheesy together we will create our own fun even if d place na dry land. All in all na Godwin.
grin Choi Jolomi no go kill person
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by lizzyfearless(f): 2:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chinenye Madonna Uni Mass Com Lizzyfearless Origin -Anambra State.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Walexz02(m): 3:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
It's my pleasure bro
Oya let's go hunting.. Many of our members are out there, we need their help just as they need ours grin
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by jayloms: 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
lizzyfearless:
Chinenye
Madonna Uni
Mass Com
Lizzyfearless
Origin -Anambra State.

A very warm welcome to you dear. I love the fearless part of your moniker. I believe we need all d fearless guys/gals here. Again, welcome to our midst.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by jayloms: 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hello again my senior colleagues, I hope you guys are faring well at your respective PPAs?

@Swista Hurmolawlah, you said something about giving out ones ATM to those at the mami mart to help one make withdrawal from outside the camp, isn't that too much of a risk? Are there no alternative means. What if I come with enough cash to last me for d duration of the camp? Do I still need to worry about theft even under the nose of Soldiers?

Still on camping, hope the soldiers assigned to these camps do not go about with their guns, cause I hate being around guns, it scares the shiit out of me. I have heard one too many touchy stories.

Also, how is the general teaching experience in state schools, how would you assess the responsiveness of the students. For those of us who may get assigned to private PPAs, are we going to get paid, do you have an idea of the pay?

Ehen! Very important, do you have an idea of the ratio of Muslims to Christians. Do we have more in a certain area vis a vis other areas or they're evenly spread across the state?

Tachu flenty as you help us with some answers. cheesy

Cc michade
Olami90.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Olami90: 9:37pm On Feb 12, 2016
jayloms:
Hello again my senior colleagues, I hope you guys are faring well at your respective PPAs?

@Swista Hurmolawlah, you said something about giving out ones ATM to those at the mami mart to help one make withdrawal from outside the camp, isn't that too much of a risk? Are there no alternative means. What if I come with enough cash to last me for d duration of the camp? Do I still need to worry about theft even under the nose of Soldiers?

Still on camping, hope the soldiers assigned to these camps do not go about with their guns, cause I hate being around guns, it scares the shiit out of me. I have heard one too many touchy stories.

Also, how is the general teaching experience in state schools, how would you assess the responsiveness of the students. For those of us who may get assigned to private PPAs, are we going to get paid, do you have an idea of the pay?

Ehen! Very important, do you have an idea of the ratio of Muslims to Christians. Do we have more in a certain area vis a vis other areas or they're evenly spread across the state?

Cc michade
Olami90.

Giving out atm card is a risk and for only those that are ready to take d risk and bear d consequence shld there be any.

You have to worry about theft. In a situation where you aren't sure of d spot u lost the cash, you can hold anyone responsible.

You can actually hold enough cash that will last you when going to camp, it is all about knowing how to be xtra careful. I know how to do it, I did it and it was a success. There is waist purse and u av to always be at alert.

Soldiers don't always move around with guns esp. wen corps members are on parade ground.

Most private schools pays not less dan 5k and in most cases coms wit accommodation.

I only know of just one private law firm in lafia dat doesn't pay.

I can't really say no of christians to muslims buh I can assure you christians are quite much. D diff is not noticeable.

Those in govt second schls said d students are more like average while som are finding it difficult to influence d students.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by oladistinct(m): 4:15am On Feb 13, 2016
Olalekan
Obafemi Awolowo University
Mechanical Engineering
Ogun
State of orijin: 5 bottles; yea it's 5

Nassarawa must see something
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Everest25(m): 4:15am On Feb 13, 2016
jayloms:

hahahaha....Amen ooooo...thanks dear. Blessings on your way too.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 5:44am On Feb 13, 2016
Drop Ur number if you wish to join Nasarawa WHATSAPP Group
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 5:44am On Feb 13, 2016
Drop Ur number if you wish to join Nasarawa WHATSAPP Group.....07037629947
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Everest25(m): 6:44am On Feb 13, 2016
danemenike:
Drop Ur number if you wish to join Nasarawa WHATSAPP Group.....07037629947
let's forget watsapp for now...
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 7:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Everest25:

Everest that's very thoughtful of you, Ask Olami90 about the WhatsApp group. We in Nasarawa are very accommodating and patient. I was just trying to help no offence....we(me and Olami90) were once in your shoes. Itz easier to chat on WhatsApp with like-minds than on nairaland. Thankme later.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 7:45am On Feb 13, 2016
Everest25:

Everest that's very thoughtful of you, Ask Olami90 about the WhatsApp group. We in Nasarawa are very accommodating and patient. I was just trying to help no offence....we(me and Olami90) were once in your shoes. Itz easier to chat on WhatsApp with like-minds than on nairaland. Thankme later. Please check ( .Nassarawa State Corpers Batch B 2015, Let's Meet by Olami90)
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Nobody: 8:53am On Feb 13, 2016
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Everest25(m): 9:21am On Feb 13, 2016
danemenike:

Everest that's very thoughtful of you, Ask Olami90 about the WhatsApp group. We in Nasarawa are very accommodating and patient. I was just trying to help no offence....we(me and Olami90) were once in your shoes. Itz easier to chat on WhatsApp with like-minds than on nairaland. Thankme later. Please check ( .Nassarawa State Corpers Batch B 2015, Let's Meet by Olami90)
Okay.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by jayloms: 3:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
Egbon Olami90 thanks again for d answers, really do appreciate your contributions.

@danemenike, are you also with us??

We are holding back from creating a WhatsApp group for now because we can't ascertain the verity of our CUL yet. More so, march 30th is still a bit far.

We also want this thread to gain some real momentum before we move on to WhatsApp.

@Everest25, Phinity318, twoondei, Arcfrisky, Val601, walexz02, lizzyfearless, hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend?

Regards.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Everest25(m): 6:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
jayloms:
Egbon Olami90 thanks again for d answers, really do appreciate your contributions.

We are holding back from creating a WhatsApp group for now because we can't ascertain the verity of our CUL yet. More so, march 30th is still a bit far.

We also want this thread to gain some real momentum before we move on to WhatsApp.

@Everest25, Phinity318, twoondei, Arcfrisky, Val601, walexz02, lizzyfearless, hope y'all are having a wonderful weekend?

Regards.

yea man, weekend is cool...hope urz is fun
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 9:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
Everest25:

Egbon Jaylom, WhatsApp will provide a better communication opportunity for all us. Ask Olami he is a testimony
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by danemenike: 9:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
Everest25:

Egbon Jaylom, WhatsApp will provide a better communication opportunity for all us. Ask Olami he is a testimony..chat me up personally on.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Walexz02(m): 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
My call up number have been changed through the text I received from nysc. As earlier said we should hold on for the whatsapp whatever...
HAppy weekend friends
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by CallMeOO7(m): 12:06am On Feb 14, 2016
jayloms:

Cc michade
Olami90.

Hello Jaloms, am popularly called Double07 and am an ex corper doing business in Mami market. I have devised a means of giving you an instant withdrawal without going anywhere with your ATM card, so you have nothing to worry about. Most of the 2015 set can testified to my services because I was added to their watsapp group, a group which is still very much active even as as writing this and we have become a big family, so I will suggest you create a watsapp group. As for the ATM, you guyz will be the first set to benefit from the new idea and am personally happy because it's fast, safe, secure and reliable and I must say it's a major breakthrough for me. I will come back to give you full details of my services. Thank you for your time.
Re: Nasarawa A'16 Stream 1 Leggo by Olami90: 9:19am On Feb 14, 2016
jayloms:

Regards.

You are welcome sir.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help 2012 Batch A Copers Locate Their Orientation Camps. / 3 NYSC Corpers Attacked In Jigawa State; Unprovoked Aggression! / How Corpers and Ex-Copers Can Get 3-10million Loan Grant-sterling Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.