Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,907 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook (14455 Views)

NCC To Increase Price Of Data To 250MB For N1000 / Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos / Telecoms Beg NCC To Block Whatsapp, Skype, IMO And Other OTT Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by niggi4life(m): 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Nonsense...

Anwyay, I don't use Facebook anymore... Those "thanks for the acceptance" guys don spoil am...

Twitter? I swear I don't even know how to use it..

Instagram? That's for jobless people, posting pics up and down and expecting and hoping and praying other unknown people to like them...

WhatsApp? Yes I use that to chat with my family and friends..

Bbm? Yes same with whatsapp.. Strictly family affairs
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by JaredNomak: 12:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Sai PMD, Sai tyranny!

What a good for nothing administration.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Nobody: 12:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
who cares? As long as they're not invading privacy and actually looking @ peoples contents, let them do what they gatta do
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Welcome development
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by RVBC: 12:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
Chai
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by guttentag(m): 12:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
What if you have Vip on ur Fone?
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Unkl(m): 12:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
Na wa O!

Meanwhile Kingdom Lottery is employing Marketers in Abuja and it's environ. Drop your CV at info@kingdomlottery.com or visit our Office at
58 Lobito Crescent, off Adetokumbo Ademola crescent, by Big Bite in Wuse II Abuja

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by texazzpete(m): 1:03pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ismahill:
Good one....simply because without ds mobile network facebook ati awon emawa e cant work......that means its either facebook nd co create dere own nerwork or pay incentives 2 traditional networks...shikena

How the heck is this 'good' or pro-consumer? Why will you cheer on an effort to regulate or even limit services like Skype, Whatsapp, BBM or Facebook...simply because these carriers suck at providing services?

Not surprised the lazy, greedy carriers in Nigeria are supporting this misguided idea. When they will not provide cheap, affordable data bundles, why will customers not seek out Wifi hotspots to use?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Aremu01(m): 1:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Na them sabi
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by klassicview: 1:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
did we get the data service for free? Third World Government enslaving it's citizens. which country in the world makes such stupid policy.

Misplaced priority...

APC and bubuari looking for ways to extort money from Nigeria citizens to power his clueless government with a clueless economic team.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Nobody: 1:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
People will always go for the cost effective way of communication.. Thank God for OTT.. If not for them, sms charge would have remained #15 likewise call charge increase..
Best Solution: All traditional telephone company should either develop their own by-the-side OTT service alongside their apps to go with it as Business Plan B to compete.. Or stop ranting..
Its just like NIPOST & SMS.. If you can't switch to OTT way of information technology to drag revenue with them while also retaining your traditional telephony stuff, then back-off..
This is the new age.. I don't need sms to send text again.. I prefer chat

2 Likes

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by bigtt76(f): 1:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
What rubbish! Are we not paying for data from the networks? How we choose to use our data bundle is our business. If they like they should go ahead and sanction all social media and they will watch in surprise how all the telecoms will come crashing down.

I can't spend 1k on voice calls BUT I will gladly spend 3k on data just because of Social networks ....NCC should find a way of getting their share of the booty from the telecoms through data sales. #IdiotPeople

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by carinmom(f): 1:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
dukie25:
Decree4 through the back door? This is Buhari's Social, media bill.
He did it in 1984, the dullard is continuing from where he stopped.
pls take it easy oooo. Buhari has no hand in this, but i can bet with my last penny that you didn't read before commenting.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by amnps: 1:29pm On Feb 12, 2016
williesmith:
Rather strange initiative, I must admit . Happily, I am a permanent client of an international mobile company ( https://pondmobile.com/ ), which shares unlimited roaming and free usage of social networks, so that this issues won't touch me.

That pricing is out of this world.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Excellentmind: 1:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is indeed quite difficult to control because they operate on the platform of Internet which must be subscribed before access is gained. The subscription is a revenue to telephone network operators. Except they want to limit areas of usage of Internet, which I think will definitely spell doom for their business operations.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by 989900: 2:05pm On Feb 12, 2016
Stupidity; who largely provides the internet access for the use of such platforms, is it not the same GSM network providers?
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by 989900: 2:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
bigtt76:
What rubbish! Are we not paying for data from the networks? How we choose to use our data bundle is our business. If they like they should go ahead and sanction all social media and they will watch in surprise how all the telecoms will come crashing down.

I can't spend 1k on voice calls BUT I will gladly spend 3k on data just because of Social networks ....NCC should find a way of getting their share of the booty from the telecoms through data sales. #IdiotPeople

Exactly!

I wonder how they reason?

Lawsuits, they will lose.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Xhaka(m): 2:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
Smh.. They shouldn't forget to check Instagram, Telegram and twitter too, since they don't have work.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by nonyedoris: 2:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
sexyexcalibur:
comedians ... lols
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by DutchNegro(m): 2:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
JaredNomak:
Sai PMD, Sai tyranny!

What a good for nothing administration.

who is this one for Oghene's sake?

Meanwhile, the telecomms guys should up their games and watch more customers join their train.. Moreover, i cannot recall a time in history when people just pick up their cells to use these social networks without prior subscriptions to data bundles on their network of choice.

Too many trash spill in our naija area this days. I just hope lawma is capable!
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by MrBendel(m): 3:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Ismahill:
Good one....simply because without ds mobile network facebook ati awon emawa e cant work......that means its either facebook nd co create dere own nerwork or pay incentives 2 traditional networks...shikena

The mobile network earn money by selling data. The services drives operators revenue, the more people use them the more data the operator sells. It's like NERC wanting to regulate samsung or Sony for selling TVs because they use electricity which you have already paid for.

NCC should recognise the change in user behaviour and technology in the world and provide catalyst policies to stimulate this change in Nigeria positively rather than always thinking on how to protect operator over the people.
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by KingRex1(m): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Mehn like seriously o. OTT providers may have to compensate telecom providers. Skyping nd whatsapp call home nd abroad has gotten so cheap. Can't really say if itsa gud or bad thing
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by pacespot(m): 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is a serious issue that shouldn't be taken lightly, because if these disgruntled Nigeria policy makers go ahead with their proposals, the end users are going to be the ones to suffer the brunt.

If the matter gets outta hand, it doesn't cost Facebook or other networks that much to shut down their services in Nigeria or even in the whole of Africa. Statistics show that these networks make the large chunk of their revenues from Europe, Asia and North America.

Internet and these social networks are the safe haven for most Nigerians who are unable to make ends meet for themselves because of the horrible environment put in pace by this same government. These mobile apps and social media are life savers for most Nigerian graduates out there, at least to earn something to support their families.

I don't know why Nigerian governments are always going after something that has potential of benefiting the masses. If the traditional ISPs are not making profits as used to before, why can't they innovate and reinvent the wheel to increase their revenue streams. These pot-bellied old men just think they can sit under AC in the office and money will keep on flowing in for them.

Technology is the future and the present, if you failed to get this stuck into your brain, you will lag behind and there is nothing you can do about it. We are already seeing the effect of technology on the global oil prices. If anyone thinks a barrel of crude oil will still go back up to $140, that person must be living in a dream land.

I urge the youth to vehemently kick against any policy of government that tends to restrict their access to the internet. Because if they failed to do so, then, the only ray of hope they have to survive as an average Nigerian has just been taken away from them.

My little submission!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Ismahill(m): 6:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
MrBendel:

The mobile network earn money by selling data. The services drives operators revenue, the more people use them the more data the operator sells. It's like NERC wanting to regulate samsung or Sony for selling TVs because they use electricity which you have already paid for.

NCC should recognise the change in user behaviour and technology in the world and provide catalyst policies to stimulate this change in Nigeria positively rather than always thinking on how to protect operator over the people.

tnk u sir 4 ds little bt gr8 correction
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 12, 2016
Smh!
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by toprealman: 9:10pm On Feb 12, 2016
This is super story.......a life ( who sabi sing this wale Adenuga song?)
Re: NCC To Check Activities Of BBM, Whatsapp, Wechat, Facebook by toprealman: 9:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
Rather than open the market further do that data will be as cheap as possible......unlimited @ reasonably affordable price, they are talking about regulating.
Buhari if you like appoint your cow as NCC director but please choose the smartest of them all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Opsson D1 / Review And Unboxing Of Zealot 'Sparkle' B570 Headphones / How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.