Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,446 members, 7,830,232 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? (2775 Views)

Tribunal Upholds Ajimobi’s Election As Oyo Governor / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB / (Photos) Alao Akala Achievement As Oyo State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Greycells(m): 11:34am On Nov 01, 2006
Is it true that LADOJA has been re-instated as Oyo state governor? Who has heard the news? Somebody called to tell me.

If it is true, shame on Adedibu, Up Up Democracy grin
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by gwatala(m): 12:42pm On Nov 01, 2006
It must be true. There's some commotion in Ibadan now.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by frenchman(m): 1:20pm On Nov 01, 2006
I hope and pray that this is true. At least this will mitigate the effect of the shame and disgrace the Amala politician and his cohorts has caused all Oyo State indigenes in general and Ibadan indigenes in particular.
A self acclaimed thug who declared his war against the former governor on the premise that he was not being given public money to spend at will.
This is indeed a victory for democracy and good governance. EFCC should prosecute the strong man of Ibadan politics now.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by twinstaiye(m): 1:34pm On Nov 01, 2006
An appeal court has declare his impeachment as unconstitutional, null and void. He may not be reinstated because the status quo may still be continued since the opposition may likely appeal the ruling.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by lewa(m): 3:26pm On Nov 01, 2006
The Chinese say may you live in interesting times. Well until i'm armed with sufficient info i can't really comment. But for now ,with what Tribune Newspaper(www.tribune.com.ng) has on its home page,victory for democracy.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by regaltopax(m): 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2006
There is tension in IbadanTension Oyo State capital as the ruling of the Court of Appeal, Ibadan Division ruled in favour of the impeached governor
The appelate court had, at its last sitting on Tuesday, 26 September, adjourned indefinitely for its ruling on the appeal brought by former Speaker and Deputy-Speaker of the state, House of Assembly, Adeolu Adeleke and Dauda Titilola, over the ruling of Justice John Olagoke Ige of an Oyo State High Court, that the court has no jurisdiction to interfere in the impeachment process.
The case, which has dragged on for 10 months, had also seen Ladoja himself being joined in the case to protest his controversial impeachment. At the sitting of the court on 26 September, parties to the suit had argued their cases based on their different written submissions, which had earlier been forwarded to the court.
There was an earlier unconfirmed reports that the new panel constituted by the President of the Court of Appeal, Justice Umar Abdullahi, had fixed Abuja for its sitting due to the intimidation and harrassment of counsel to Ladoja by suspected political thugs, who invaded the court premises on that day, but had to change its decision at the last hour.
But in statement by the Special Adviser to Akala on Communication and Strategy, Mr. Diran Odeyemi, today’s court sitting was just ‘a fragment section of a disputed matter’ and not its conclusion.
Odeyemi, who was responding to the solidarity letter to Ladoja by the Governors’ Forum led by Governor Lucky Igbinedion of Edo State, stated that Ladoja’s impeachment was a thing of the past as Akala would not only complete his present tenure but continue after 2007.
what is however not clear is whether Akala will leave and allow Ladoja to return or he will fight back.I just hope a state of emmergency will not be declared in Oyo State or what do you think?
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Odeku(m): 3:45pm On Nov 01, 2006
I wonder what is Adedibu doing now? stage for second drama
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by wiseguy(m): 3:49pm On Nov 01, 2006
The appeal court sitting in Ibadan this afternoon nullified the impeachment of Rasheed ladoja of Oyo state.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Greycells(m): 3:54pm On Nov 01, 2006
Chief (Thug) Adedibu, the strongman of Amala politics and the terror of all political aspirants in Ibadan is probabaly planning on unleashing mayhem on Rasheed Ladoja loyalists (GOD SAVE THEM), with docile help from Abuja cry
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Greycells(m): 4:20pm On Nov 01, 2006

Breaking News : Appeal Court Throws Out Akala: •Orders Immediate Reinstatement Of Ladoja

Posted by admin on 2006/11/1 14:17:35 (1043 reads)
Gbenro Adesina/Ibadan, Ayo Lawal, Tokunbo Olajide, Alawode Adebobola & Tunji Adewunmi

Supporters of the impeached Governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja, broke into wild jubilation this morning, as the Court of Appeal sitting in Ibadan declared the impeachment process as illegal, unconstitutional, null and void. Reinstating the governor, the presiding Judge J.O. Ogebe ruled that if the incumbent administration led by Christopher Alao-Akala goes to Supreme Court, it would not win stressing that the process of the impeachment of Governor Ladoja was absolutely faulty.

Among the eight faulty processes were: the sitting of the legislators in an hotel rather than the State House of Assembly to deliberate on the impeachment; sending the notice of impeachment through the newspapers; impeachment carried out by 18 rather than 22 legislators; unavailability of affidavit of suspension; the time-frame of the process; and the declaration of lack of jurisdiction by the High Court, thereby declaring the process null and void. Many lawyers hailed the ruling as a victory for democracy and a lesson to Nigerians in general.

According to Bayo Shittu, and Sanyaolu Akinyele, representing Governor Ladoja’s camp, Gov. Ladoja should be immediately reinstated as the constitutional and elected governor of Oyo state. Shittu said, “the judgement is a judgement of a Court of Appeal and it is a full constitutional court that has decided on it. It is not just a three-man panel, it is a panel of five which is a full court of Nigeria. “We thank God and the people of Oyo state. We thank God that at last we’ve had a nullification of the purported impeachment, and by implication, Governor Ladoja remains the Governor of Oyo State as from today till the 29th May 2007.

“Don’t let anybody harass us with going to Supreme Court. They went to Supreme Court once and they were disgraced from the Supreme Court. If they go again they’ll fail. As from today, the so-called controversial governor Akala is no longer the governor of the state. His regime is an aberration.” Akinyele, too said: “The judgement of today is a landmark one. It is of constitutional importance to this country. Two it has gone a long way to show that we don’t have a legislature in Nigeria. It shows that the legislators are not powerful, that they are not the only one that can impeach a sitting governor, it involves the judiciary and the people”.

As at press time attempt to contact Governor Akala or any of his aides proved abortive as his lawyers left the court immediately after the ruling. The judgement was delivered amid tight security with police armoured vehicles on guard. Many legal practitioners and journalists who got to the venue as early as 9 a.m were locked out. Also no supporters from either side, and ordinary civilians were allowed to enter the court or even stay within the precincts of the court.

Also, the ruling caused traffic jam in GRA and Dugbe areas of Ibadan. Meanwhile, Lagos lawyer Femi Falana has described the ruling as a triumph for the rule of law. Falana said: “at least the reinstatement of Rasheed Ladoja clearly shows that the judicial system will be able to gain some respect. Another lawyer, Festus Keyamo, said: “it is victory for democracy. The people can now manage democracy by following the rule of law.”

Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja was impeached on Thursday January 12, 2006 by a group of 18 legislators loyal to the strongman of Ibadan politics Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu. The impeachment resembled a military coup, as it was done with the partisan support of the Oyo state police command and the top echelon of the People’s Democratic Party. In the run up to the impeachment, PDP’s chairman, Ahmadu Ali even characterised Adedibu as the ‘’garrison commander’’ of Oyo State.

Following Ladoja’s clearly illegal impeachment, his deputy, Alao Adebayo Akala was sworn in as the state Governor. The injustice and illegality of Ladoja removal spurred a massive protest on 23 January in Ibadan, Oyo State as thousands of people took to the streets. During the protest, the chairman of Campaign for Democracy (CD) Moshood Erubami was attacked and arrested by the police. Ladoja who fought the impeachment process all the way in the court, swiftly challenged the impeachment.

The legal battle which was initiated by three lawmakers namely Hassan Ogundoke, Babatunde Olaniyan and Jacob Oyekunle which had suffered many hitches following the controversial withdrawal of former judge M. Bolaji Yussuf from the matter was later reopened by a Court of Appeal in Ibadan. The case was referred to the Appeal Court following a Supreme Court ruling which affirmed that Ladoja had a right to challenge his removal. The ruling which was earlier scheduled for last Wednesday, was delivered in favour of Senator Rasheed Adewolu Ladoja today.

http://www.thenewsng.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1769

Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by fayalitte: 5:31pm On Nov 01, 2006
I am very happy  just reading online  that LADOJA ia back to power. I am not exactly a supporter of LADOJA but i hate the influence OBJ played in the game and all the intigues he is still playing in order to remain in power and frustrate his perceived enemies.Baba Adedibu shouldbe a disgrace to old age and a person who has personified the Agbero type od politics in Nigeria. I weep when i see educated people trooping to pay homage to a stark illiterate who only believesin jungle justice. For once i want to see OBJ swallow his pride and accept the rule of law. Please what have to you say on this
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Greycells(m): 5:46pm On Nov 01, 2006
@fayalite
Adedibu has the blessing of OBJ- a man who deos not believ in the rule of law and will never uphold it. Let us just thankGod that 2007 is around the corner.

My only fear is for the people of Ibadan and the mayhem that may be unleashed on them over jeun jeun politics
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by seun2342: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2006
I watch stvnews mid day Yes he has been re-instated shame on adedibu
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by seun2342: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2006
I watch stvnews mid day Yes he has been re-instated shame on adedibu
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by imageman(m): 1:09am On Nov 03, 2006
The real person disturbing the peace and tranquility of Oyo state is that amala politician called Adedibu.With all the intellectuals in the city of Ibadan, i don't know why they give this old thug the liberty to be disrupting the peace of the lovely city and state.The best place for him might be the prison cell.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by OBJ3(m): 1:40am On Nov 03, 2006
re-instate angry angry? angry

we shall see angry

nonsense angry
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Odeku(m): 2:27pm On Nov 03, 2006
Can't this idiots concede and save us all the agony?
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by OBJ3(m): 2:42pm On Nov 03, 2006
we shall see. angry
and we shall see who the idiots are. angry both foreign and local angry

and what agony are you talking about odeku? you left ur home and ran away b/c u cldn't stand the heat. well some people stayed back to fight the fire. so u have no moral standing to make any such comment. angry idiot angry

and talking about concession, what do you want us to conceed to? eh? a man is removed from office, he is guilty as charged. i challenge everyone on nairaland, name one governor who has been removed from office who is innocent. angry now u may talk of selective justice, but i tell u, if there are 36 corrupt governors, and three are brought to book, then that means we are working. if u know what it took to remove alami alone, who became a national and international embarrasment, u'll understand what i mean when i say we are working. for us to remove three, and still counting (something that has not been done b4) i deserve some kudos(or better still 3rd term grin ).

hey, b4 u say it was done in the wrong way, let me educate u, democracy was made for the people, if the democracy becomes anti people then we deal with it. look at ekiti gov, he was a fool. and thief, and the process of impeachment included setting up a panel, and he connived and set up a panel of wolves and vipers to investigate a crook. what dividend can come out of such due process? angry eh? if we follow the law like this, some people will never get caught up and people like odeku, our number 1 foreign idiot will be making noise from chicago about corruption in nigeria. but we had to show these governors that even that law which they feel can protect them can be malhandled. are u not grateful that nowadays governors are a bit careful what they do? eh?

idiot angry
nonsense angry
we shall see angry
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by scribe(m): 5:12pm On Nov 03, 2006
which way nigeria? cry cry cry
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by mazaje(m): 7:20pm On Nov 03, 2006
O-B-J:

we shall see. angry
and we shall see who the idiots are. angry both foreign and local angry

and what agony are you talking about odeku? you left your home and ran away b/c u cldn't stand the heat. well some people stayed back to fight the fire. so u have no moral standing to make any such comment. angry idiot angry

and talking about concession, what do you want us to conceed to? eh? a man is removed from office, he is guilty as charged. i challenge everyone on nairaland, name one governor who has been removed from office who is innocent. angry now u may talk of selective justice, but i tell u, if there are 36 corrupt governors, and three are brought to book, then that means we are working. if u know what it took to remove alami alone, who became a national and international embarrasment, u'll understand what i mean when i say we are working. for us to remove three, and still counting (something that has not been done before) i deserve some kudos(or better still 3rd term grin ).

hey, before u say it was done in the wrong way, let me educate u, democracy was made for the people, if the democracy becomes anti people then we deal with it. look at ekiti gov, he was a fool. and thief, and the process of impeachment included setting up a panel, and he connived and set up a panel of wolves and vipers to investigate a crook. what dividend can come out of such due process? angry eh? if we follow the law like this, some people will never get caught up and people like odeku, our number 1 foreign idiot will be making noise from chicago about corruption in nigeria. but we had to show these governors that even that law which they feel can protect them can be malhandled. are u not grateful that nowadays governors are a bit careful what they do? eh?

idiot angry
nonsense angry
we shall see angry

@O-B-J
na wah ohh. seems u are related to the stupid thug and ganster called Adedibu. u are a disgrace to all nigerians
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by lewa(m): 7:32pm On Nov 03, 2006
Heard from Naija that the IGP has ordered the security detail of Ladoja restored. winkHooray for the rule of law and for Adedibu. Akala, Tokyo and you O-B-J(f)-yes you not the real one whaddaya have to say? Was told Akala claims to be no2 man now.Wondered what happened since his televised newscast affirming his stance as the no1 civil servant? grin. Anyways back to work grin grin grin grin grin. LET THE FIREWORKS BEGIN IN THE WILD WEST-ARSON,PLUNDER, RAPE .Adedibu do your thingy and let the state of emergency be declared, be a spoiler. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by imageman(m): 8:05pm On Nov 03, 2006
The beauty of democracy is it gives one the ability to choose and the free will to expres ones opinion.What democracy doesn't  impose is the ability to think rationally.To read the views of some on action ruled illegal by the judiciary branch of government by some on this forum is not only funny but mind blowing.Whatever the case may be,the gbegiri politician has met his match who is not a hooligans like him.He used the judiciary to wage his war and his wrongful impeachment.
      I know it will be easier to convince a comatose person on why its good for democracy to always obey a legal court ruling than it would be for me to convince  souls that already made up their minds  to follow political hooliganism.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by BUSHFELLOW(m): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2006
O-B-J are you ok, If not tell us on nairaland so we will know what to do ho. belive me we have every thing you are looking for here from medical doctor to polital analist please tell me i can help.

How on earth will you not surport the ruling of a court be it lower or supreme for christ they are there to interprete the law and that they did. Where on earth have you that law makers turned an hotel to their legilative chambers when there is no natural disaster in the state. My guy take your time ho. make you use your brain.
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by fayalitte: 10:22pm On Nov 03, 2006
O=B-J is a sick idiot, who feeds on the crumbs from Adedibu. yeye babe like you who seels ata on dugbe market, wallowing on handoutsform the amala and abula in adediibu's house
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by Greycells(m): 7:38pm On Nov 08, 2006
2 PEOPLE DEAD AND SEVERAL INJURED. THE MAYHEM HAS BEGUN
Re: Is It True That Ladoja Has Been Re-instated As Oyo State Governor? by OBJ3(m): 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2006
G-reycells:

2 PEOPLE DEAD AND SEVERAL INJURED. THE MAYHEM HAS BEGUN

U AINT SEEN NOTHING YET. angry

@ bushfellow, fayalitte et al

let me tell you this, whenever there is high level corruption, u need drastic measures to uproot it. there is a corrupt governor to be removed, the panel to do so are corrupt, the judiciary is corrupted, the legislature is the same, where will the war against corruption begin.
have'nt you guys noticed that all the complaints of the "victims" of the anti-corruption crusade is about the method of remova from office. none, repeat none has complained of being innocent of the charges. when these things happen, the intenstion is to deliver a message to the governors( who we must all agree have become demi gods in thier states) and the message is this-you are not untouchable. the highest level of corruption is among the governors. okonji-iweala could bear witness to that. angry

until 2007 may, we shall continue to hunt them

and for the person that indicated that i'm female. yes i am. i am a clone of the president, but the scientists made a mistake and i turned up female grin but you must shut up angry

(1) (Reply)

Ume-ezeoke, Second Republic Speaker, Dies / Gej Wants Elections Without Security Personnel Carrying Guns / President Goodluck Jonathan Storms Kaduna's DICON And Jaji In Army Uniform

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.