Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,452 members, 7,954,775 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:01 AM

Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase (5471 Views)

"Women Want Equality Only When It Suits Them" - Man Says / Gender Equality; What A Man Deserves A Woman Deserves Also / PHOTO: This Is Gender Equality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 8:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Adaeze003:

I think what you mean is men have superior strength generally(because I'm pretty sure I'm physically stronger than some men somewhere)?

Not trying to change or influence your views but you saying men are superior and still trying to state things or areas you feel women are better than men is kinda counter productive.
igbo kwenu. you go fear igbo power
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 8:02am On Aug 03, 2017
Adaeze003:

I think what you mean is men have superior strength generally(because I'm pretty sure I'm physically stronger than some men somewhere)?

Not trying to change or influence your views but you saying men are superior and still trying to state things or areas you feel women are better than men is kinda counter productive.
igbo kwenu. you go fear igbo power,show me your muscle
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 8:04am On Aug 03, 2017
ojeota:
When you talk about equality you are talking about 50-50, a perfect 50, with no -1 or 0. attached to it, which is impossible in reality.
What i am saying is equality does not exist, not just in terms of gender but also in all spheres of life.
The thing we should be advocating for is mutual respect. Respecting one another irrespective of who we are, is all that matters.
see woman with sense. this one go quick see happy marriage
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 8:06am On Aug 03, 2017
mizquote:
before some peeps misconstrue gender equality as sex equality let me give a brief definition to the both.

sex.
it means the biological difference between a man and woman which is not socially constructed and it is universal e.g all men are born with penis while the woman with the vjayjay.

both men and women folk can not be the same.

gender.
it is the difference roles assigned to both sexes l.e male and female which is socially constructed and differs from country to country and continent to continent.

e.g, in some countries people see it as a taboo for men to cook while other country see it as no biggie.

men pay bride price in Nigeria while women pay groom price in India.

not every man is strong and not every woman is weak and fragile.

this is why "gender equality" term was coined to give rooms for the differences.

let women who feel they re strong and love tedious job be given the opportunity to do that. they can go into the military and engineering without being discriminated on.

let's men who wish to be cooks, nurses, road side akara fryer be given the opportunity to do that without been discriminated on.

men can be house husbands if they wish to and their wives bread winners.
how many happy homes do you know with house husband.there's a reason biology is a science
Re: Why Deceive Ourselves With This "Gender Equality" Phrase by mikolo80: 11:38am On Aug 03, 2017
Tolatutu:
men are not superior to women. Gender equality is about equal opportunities and equal rights and we should stop bringing in religion when are are talking about laws. If we want to be talking about religions then lets go all the way and not pick and choose what suits us. I'am sure in your years of education you've come across women who are smarter than you and i'am sure there are women are are physically stronger than you. Gender equality is about giving opportunities to who ever is best, you can choose to practice whatever you want in your relationships that's prerogative as long as you can find a spouse who reasons like you . But in the general society (work place, schools e.t.c )you should put that aside.We are talking about things like women should be able to inherit property just like their brothers, landlords should only be interested in paying ability (income) not your sex or marital status. Passport office should not be asking a woman to get a letter of consent from her husband when no man will be required to provide such. As an adult a woman should be able to get a passport on her own merit, its only when children are concerned that the consent of both parents should be needed.
women should stop being terrible tenants (complain and don't pay on time)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Reason Why I Cant Marry A ..... Lady,but Is It A Good Reason? / Your Career Or Home: Which Comes First? / Silly Reasons Why Some Ladies Can't Wash Plates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.