Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,909 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:12 PM

Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters (34245 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Dino Melaye's 2nd Semester Result With Carry Over At ABU Zaria By Sahara Reporte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Boeing777pilot: 8:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
DesChyko:
Is this right? Publishing people's private details in public? Sahara Reporters are overdoing it really. This is something that should have gone through the proper channels, but is being made public for all and sundry.

There's nothing wrong here.

3 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Boeing777pilot: 8:11pm On Feb 10, 2016
linearity:

I can just imagine what will happen to the owner of Sahara Report if he mistakenly visits Nigeria without disguise, there will be a unanimous lynching by the high and might.

grin I sincerely don't think he would.
He has stepped on many toes
I'd say he has many people across political divides who see him as a common enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by maasoap(m): 8:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
Dannyset:
When Buhari said these people are his problem, some senseless being won't shut their latrine called mouth.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by linearity: 8:22pm On Feb 10, 2016
doctokwus:

He is a regular visitor to Nigeria and his itinerary is not secret.Apart from naturally being fearless,i think he is emboldened by the accuracy of his reports and a sort of American citizenship or permanent residency.
So whichever way u go after him,he is protected,morally,legally and even "physically".
Sowore has "odeshe" and is honestly a gift to Nigeria.

I remember one time, he visited and the MFM video, but in most occasions, he sneaks in unannounced and sneaks.

His American citizenship/Residency only gives him legal cloth if his advisaries wants to engage him in the open, justly and legally...but all that will not hold, if they decide to deal with just like they deal with their fellow political rivals in Nigeria.

At least till date, we have yet to officially resolve or bring the killers of Dele Giwa to justice despite the public knowledge of who and who were behind it.

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by sweetgala(m): 8:53pm On Feb 10, 2016
Udopasa:
Saharareporters is just on a class of its own. I suggest the EFCC and DSS enlist them on code for under cover operations. Udo diri unu

SR are whistleblowers they would not be able to keep the web of information they'll be exposed to , to themselves.

A level of secrecy is required, I doubt they'll be able to keep quiet while PMB operates his agreement not to touch GEJ when they see all the connections to the latter

Or the information they would see on Atiku or OBJ

I do beleive they can be contracted to gather information on certain cases.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 9:00pm On Feb 10, 2016
yommys01:
the same chest beating we know you guys for.

I can employ you. And thats no chest beating unlike you.
Chest beating? Your hatred filled mind will be your doom Mr. The hate u have for igbos will consume you and very soon. Get a life and quit trolling me!
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Naijacitizen(m): 9:09pm On Feb 10, 2016
[quote author=4Tees post=42801958][/quote]

Mr. Man, must you quote everything without making any comment? Na wa oo
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by airmark(m): 9:33pm On Feb 10, 2016
Atlantian:
People have rights to call anyone. The call interchange record that Sahara purportedly has, can not prove the voice content of those calls. There is no call recording showing what the discussion was.

Infact, if I was to buy a new sim card now and download truecaller and register the name Dangote with it, when people search my number on the truecaller database, it will show Dangote. Sahara Reporters can fool the majority of illiterate Nigerians, but you cant fool the few literate ones.

Someone who doesnt have truecaller on the phone should download it now and use the name Tarfa to register it, in 24hrs he should ask someone with truecaller to call or search the number, Tarfa will appear.

Goats shall be goats.

And you think sahara would be so stvpid not to have tested that line and confirm his voice and other researches to confirm the true ownership before going to press? Goats shall be goats sha. I concur.

2 Likes

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Atlantian: 9:38pm On Feb 10, 2016
airmark:

And you think sahara would be so stvpid not to have tested that line and confirm his voice and other researches to confirm the true ownership before going to press? Goats shall be goats sha. I concur.
Ofcourse goats shall be goats. Sahara reporters have no equipment to triangulate calls, neither can they have access to the calls even through telecom servers. Not everyone on nairaland is a half-illiterate like our Oga in Aso.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by arresa: 9:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
Atlantian:
People have rights to call anyone. The call interchange record that Sahara purportedly has, can not prove the voice content of those calls. There is no call recording showing what the discussion was.

Infact, if I was to buy a new sim card now and download truecaller and register the name Dangote with it, when people search my number on the truecaller database, it will show Dangote. Sahara Reporters can fool the majority of illiterate Nigerians, but you cant fool the few literate ones.

Someone who doesnt have truecaller on the phone should download it now and use the name Tarfa to register it, in 24hrs he should ask someone with truecaller to call or search the number, Tarfa will appear.

Goats shall be goats.

And what if that's your known and official number you've used while conducting official businesses and also known to friends and family?

Do you really think they can not cross check all that?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by airmark(m): 9:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
Atlantian:
Ofcourse goats shall be goats. Sahara reporters have no equipment to triangulate calls, neither can they have access to the calls even through telecom servers. Not everyone on nairaland is a half-illiterate like our Oga in Aso.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sarcasm at its best.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by sapientia(m): 9:49pm On Feb 10, 2016
Was the records obtained legally?

If not.. its just rubbish.

Diplaying their private numbers like this will only earn SR damages
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Manspeaks(m): 9:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
We should learn how to be critical sometimes... What did they say to each other? We don't know except with this log posted here. When we try to test the veracity of a case before we express joy, we will never be caught off guard. I will need to listen to these phone conversations before singing my praise. My opinion, my thought.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 9jatriot(m): 10:14pm On Feb 10, 2016
I did read the post dear wailer and to hear the judiciary that is supposed to provide the rule of law is accused of being compromised can make one lose hope. We are encouraged by the fact the hitherto dormant EFCC and ICPC are suddenly active. Do you understand the statement better now?? I understand the guilty conscience.

247notire:
Did u even read the post? This ain't no matter about the last administration for fûck's sake! It's a matter between 2 directors of a company. Mehn, una sef... Zombies sef...
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Atlantian: 10:16pm On Feb 10, 2016
arresa:

And what if that's your known and official number you've used while conducting official businesses and also known to friends and family?

Do you really think they can not cross check all that?
In this case its not. We must understand that more billions were voted in the fraudulent budget for Information, sorry Propaganda Ministry than on Ministry of Agriculture. Now, do me a favor and respond as Pinky to my Brainy Question: Are you pondering what I'm pondering ?

Sahara Reporters has to earn their share of the propaganda money. Propaganda is now venture capitalism, you might want to buy a domain name and hosting service, put up a blog and use your internet wisely. You can never tell, lies may just be your next big product to sell and make a living.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by DrinkWater10: 10:23pm On Feb 10, 2016
truthspeaks:
Sahara Reporters, una too much. See investigative journalism. BT dis true caller tin de open yansh oo. Tnk God I dnt hv it installed
Not having true caller app isnt the solution.
I just checked a random number on my phone and behold it show the full name of my uncle and his vocation.
PS he is 65vyears old and doesnt use true caller app.
CC Ozoigbondu
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 1miccza: 10:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
See investigative journalism? Very soon one mugu will tell me that our anti graft agencies are investigating
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by arresa: 11:03pm On Feb 10, 2016
[s]
Atlantian:
In this case its not. We must understand that more billions were voted in the fraudulent budget for Information, sorry Propaganda Ministry than on Ministry of Agriculture. Now, do me a favor and respond as Pinky to my Brainy Question: Are you pondering what I'm pondering ?

Sahara Reporters has to earn their share of the propaganda money. Propaganda is now venture capitalism, you might want to buy a domain name and hosting service, put up a blog and use your internet wisely. You can never tell, lies may just be your next big product to sell and make a living.
[/s]

Rubbish...
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 11:04pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
Chest beating? Your hatred filled mind will be your doom Mr. The hate u have for igbos will consume you and very soon. Get a life and quit trolling me!
Hahaha. Funny. Where have I exhibited any hate for the igbos? Grow up, your cheap blackmail won't work. ****
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by menacetosociety: 11:43pm On Feb 10, 2016
247notire:
Lol. If only you knew. I can actually help u and a lot of ur family members, even ur dad, get a job and a good one at that. Are u employed? If you aren't, just beg for my email addy and beg nicely and maybe, just maybe I'll forgive your litany of stupid.ities so far. cheesy
What a very stupi.d post undecided damn it!

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by Atlantian: 11:44pm On Feb 10, 2016
arresa:
[s][/s]

Rubbish...
The without a superior argument you went borderline as expected of emotional masturbators whose segment of reasoning when factually countered resort to tantrums.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by TheAdvocate(m): 6:30am On Feb 11, 2016
It still doesn't prove ANYTHING against Rickey and Yunusa.

I am a lawyer and I know that yu MUST established beyond reasonable doubt that the phone calls indeed influenced Justice Yunusa's descrition. This I tell yu is an impossibility.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO RULES of professional conduct that says a lawyer cannot call a judge on phone. Yu are only to prove that the judge was influenced. Mere call records don't suffice.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by hoodboy(m): 7:24am On Feb 11, 2016
yommys01:
It is not a crime. It is however curious that no previous conversation existed between them before the case.

Also, it is unethical for a lawyer and a judge to speak before a case.

You PDP/GEJ fans won't actually say the truth for once. Can't believe you came up with that epic nonsense as a defense.

And where was it established that there was no prior contact other than these captured ones
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 7:28am On Feb 11, 2016
hoodboy:

And where was it established that there was no prior contact other than these captured ones
If there prior contacts, Saharareporters won't have been so bold. They are not dumb.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by hoodboy(m): 8:35am On Feb 11, 2016
yommys01:
If there prior contacts, Saharareporters won't have been so bold. They are not dumb.

Assumption is the mother of all fu.kups, and that's what you are doing, Sahara reporters are simply playing on Nigerians naivety, they had conversations, so what why not go a step further and tell us the content of their discussions before you pass a guilty or not guilty verdict
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by yommys01(m): 8:59am On Feb 11, 2016
hoodboy:

Assumption is the mother of all fu.kups, and that's what you are doing, Sahara reporters are simply playing on Nigerians naivety, they had conversations, so what why not go a step further and tell us the content of their discussions before you pass a guilty or not guilty verdict
When they finally release everything, hopefully you will be able to say this.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by clemhova: 9:35am On Feb 11, 2016
Sahara Reporters una too much...Keep the Flag flying.
LocalChamp:
BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK FEB 09, 2016
SaharaReporters has obtained phone records belonging to Ricky Tarfa, a Senior Advocate of Nigeria, which shows consistent phone calls to one Justice Mohammed Yunusa of the Federal High Court in Lagos. These phone records were obtained by SaharaReporters just as a legal showdown between Mr. Tarfa and the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) is underway following his arrest by EFCC agents.

The phone records show a series of no less than nine calls between Mr. Yunusa and Mr. Tarfa’s GSM numbers, 08095666256 and 08034600000 respectively. Those numbers, when searched in the True Caller app, clearly show they belong to individuals matching their names.

SaharaReporters previously reported that Mr. Tarfa was arrested by the EFCC for obstruction of justice when he shielded anti-corruption police from arresting his client Granhoue Sourou Nazaire.

Mr. Nazaire had been Mr. Tarfa’s client since around May 2015 when he instituted a legal suit against Mrs. Rachidatou Abdou over ownership and control of a company of which they were both the directors.

However, a letter to the Commissioner of Police authored by Mrs. Abdou on September 7th, 2015 stated that she believed that Mr. Tarfa was colluding with the judge overseeing that case, Justice Mohammed Yunusa.

The letter from Mrs. Abdou states “before and after the filing of the suit the Applicant’s lawyer, Mr. Ricky Tarfa SAN, and the judge, the Honorable Justice Yunusa were communicating with each other on the phone in order to pervert the course of justice.”

The phone records obtained by SaharaReporters shows consistent communication between Mr. Tarfa and Judge Yunusa’s Blackberry phone between May 11th, 2015 and August 3rd, 2015.

A review of the phone records available to our correspondent shows that Mr. Tarfa, and Yunusa spoke on three separate instances on May 11th, 2015, or four days before lawsuits were instituted against Mrs. Abdou.

There was also one phone conversation between Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa three days before the May 15th filing of the lawsuit. On May 16th a day after the May 15th filing, there were three separate phone transactions between the two men.

According to the phone records, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa spoke at least once on June 25th, 2015 more than one month after legal charges were officially instituted on behalf of Tarfa’s client Mr. Nazaire. This phone transaction was also four days before Mr. Tarfa “made an oral application for an injunction to restrain the EFCC from inviting” his clients to be questioned about fraud allegations against him from Mrs. Abdou.

According to legal statements and media reports oral arguments on the Nazaire-Abdou case began on July 16th of that same year. Despite this, Mr. Tarfa and Justice Yunusa had a phone conversation on August 3rd, 2015 in violation of conduct of legal professionals.

The judge then ruled for Mr. Tarfa’s client on August 18th, following no less than nine separate phone transactions between the two men.

Mrs. Abdou also submitted a complaint to the National Judicial Council (NJC) identifying the corrupt and fraudulent dealing between Mr. Tarfa and Mr. Yunusa on November 11th, 2015. In the complaint, Mrs. Abdou detailed the cases assigned to Mr. Yunusa in the Federal Court and that there were records of phone calls and SMS messages between him and Mr. Tarfa.

In response to her complaint, the Chief Justice of Nigeria Mahmud Mohammed sent a memo to Mr. Yunusa for his misconduct. The memo was sent through the Chief Judge of the Federal High Court of Nigeria, demanding an explanation to Mrs. Abdou’s allegations against him. Mr. Yunusa was given two weeks to respond to the allegations.

SaharaReporters has not ascertained what Mr. Yunusa’s response to the Chief Justice was, however, our correspondent has since learned that Mr. Yunusa was moved from the High Court in Lagos to the Federal High Court in Yobe State.

Meanwhile, Tarfa has been slammed with two counts of obstruction of justice by the EFCC at a Lagos High Court.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/02/09/phone-records-shows-how-lawyer-ricky-tarfa-and-justice-mohammed-yunusa-repeatedly-spoke

1 Like

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 10:07am On Feb 11, 2016
menacetosociety:
What a very stupi.d post undecided damn it!
Takes a stupid person to recognise a stupid post tongue
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by 247notire(m): 10:11am On Feb 11, 2016
9jatriot:
I did read the post dear wailer and to hear the judiciary that is supposed to provide the rule of law is accused of being compromised can make one lose hope. We are encouraged by the fact the hitherto dormant EFCC and ICPC are suddenly active. Do you understand the statement better now?? I understand the guilty conscience.

EFCC and ICPC have never been dormant Mr. I dnt know how u came to such a terrible conclusion. Those 2 bodies are even more corrupt than the 3 arms of govt FYI. Meanwhile, stop calling everyone who doesn't support ur god buhari a wailer, it makes you look really stoopid and dum.b. Or are u one of them? U knw wat I mean, the zombies...
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by hoodboy(m): 4:13pm On Feb 11, 2016
yommys01:
When they finally release everything, hopefully you will be able to say this.

If and when they do then we can properly understand the situation...the media is expected to give us balanced reportage not this one-sidedness that can lead to drawing wrong conclusions

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: Arthur Eze Drums Support For Nnewi Governorship Candidate / Omojuwa Under Fire For Praising Tinubu Over What He Condemned Jonathan For / Peter Obi: The One Of PDP Is Over 70 Yrs; The Other One, We Don't Know His Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.