Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,346 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:50 AM

Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters (34252 Views)

Stella Oduah’s $1.5m London House Exposed By Sahara Reporters (Photos) / EFCC Submits Indicting Call Logs Between Ricky Tarfa And Judges / Dino Melaye's 2nd Semester Result With Carry Over At ABU Zaria By Sahara Reporte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by josite: 9:58pm On Feb 12, 2016
TheAdvocate:
It still doesn't prove ANYTHING against Rickey and Yunusa.

I am a lawyer and I know that yu MUST established beyond reasonable doubt that the phone calls indeed influenced Justice Yunusa's descrition. This I tell yu is an impossibility.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO RULES of professional conduct that says a lawyer cannot call a judge on phone. Yu are only to prove that the judge was influenced. Mere call records don't suffice.

yes u are a lawyer and that is why u should know how uncomfortable the lawyer on the other side will feel by the revelation that while he and another lawyer are handling a case before a judge,the judge and the other lawyer are engaged in an ongoing conversation behind him.my friend ,im a far senior lawyer and i tell you it is unprofessional and unethical. An umpire that a judge is must,like Caesar's wife be beyond suspicion.we dont make progress when we are respecter of persons at all cost and when we cant tell some folks that some actions are grossly inappropriate.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by babyfaceafrica: 10:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
josite:

yes u are a lawyer and that is why u should know how uncomfortable the lawyer on the other side will feel by the revelation that while he and another lawyer are handling a case before a judge,the judge and the other lawyer are engaged in an ongoing conversation behind him.my friend ,im a far senior lawyer and i tell you it is unprofessional and unethical. An umpire that a judge is must,like Caesar's wife be beyond suspicion.we dont make progress when we are respecter of persons at all cost and when we cant tell some folks that some actions are grossly inappropriate.
lawyers and judges are part of the problem in this country..no morals at all,all what is the way forward?
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by TheAdvocate(m): 12:50pm On Feb 13, 2016
josite:

I still repeat my above position. It doesn't indict the judge nor the SAN in any way whatsoever. It's left for the prosecution to prove that the processes and the judge's discretion was not judicially and judiciously exercised.

Do yu know my year of call? Don't just assume yu are a senior like that. Yu don't know me.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by josite: 7:31am On Feb 15, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
lawyers and judges are part of the problem in this country..no morals at all,all what is the way forward?

the way forward is for the laws of Nigeria,like any other law of any other country to be an ass and a respecter of no person.once you runs foul of the law,the law should take its course not caring even if heavens will fall.how i wish GOd gave me the calling of JUDGE,3200 SANS in my court on a matter will make me determined and makes me strictly determined to apply the law.like someone said here "won ti po to".

anybody should come here and show us where in other country you put a senator on trial and scores of senators follow him to court and where you put a lawyer on trial and scores of SENIOR LAWYERS follow him to court.why not help him by forming a strong defence team.we cant run a progressive country like this.

The SAN or any other person is entitled to have their day in court when suspected of a crime and charged and that should be it,strictly it,no more ,no less.
Re: Records Of Calls Between Tarfa And Yunusa Obtained By Sahara Reporters by josite: 7:44am On Feb 15, 2016
http://eprints.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/3249/1/Folarin%202.pdf

Corruption, Politics and Governance in Nigeria
By
Sheriff Folarin, PhD
Senior Lecturer and Head of Department
Political Science and International Relations
Covenant University, Canaanland, Ota.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obidients On A Boat Ride To Peter Obi Rally At TBS Lagos / EFCC Moves Against Diezani’s Associates, Seizes Cars, Cash, Jewellery / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.