Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. (15030 Views)

Why do some Somalians seem to have an Overinflated Sense Of Ego? / Is 'akata' Part Of Your Vocabulary? / Lost In America, Akata In Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by whiteroses(f): 11:50pm On Jul 07, 2009
what the heck is akata and how do you milk it, i've never heared of it share some light
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by savanaha: 8:13pm On Jul 08, 2009
girl22:

@savannah

i think she did receive one.

There has never been an black person who has won the Nobel prize for science or medicine. I was reading an article on that and according to the article there is still racism in that respect.

girl22:

@ Savannah

but africans suffered their own bondage colonialism. so it would be rude for african americans to create a derogatory term or anyone to create a term just because they were colonised.

calling someone a cat based on something than ended 120 years ago does not make since to me. but that's just my opinion.

I am not sure what part of America you grew up in but African Americans have many choices in derogatory names for Africans. From African bootyscratcher to what not. I have never been called any of those but am beyond sure it is used. The Akata word I don't even know what it means but. . .

2 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by Nobody: 2:46am On Jul 22, 2009
rotflmao. Chiogo got me rotflmao cheesy cheesy

Mr. RajalAadi, when you people call Africans 'booty scratchers' or 'kunta kinte', what gave you that right to feel superior? Mind telling us what even gave you that notion that you were? Now, those two terms are pretty concise that any idiot will know the ridicule behind it. You, on the other hand I don't believe you're fluent in any Nigerian language. What makes you think the 'akata' word is derogatory?

Oh yeah, who are these AAs that are currently contributing so much to America? I bet I already know your answer.

And the whole loud thing is associated with AA women, I didn't make so but it's a general understanding. I don't know how you came about West Africans being loud.
lol @ Kunta Kinte. So true
Atleast the "Zimbabwe" joke died off, uneducated akata peeps tongue

whiteroses:

what the heck is akata and how do you milk it, i've never heared of it share some light
You've never heard anyone say "Don't bring an akata home" or "Don't marry an akata, they're useless"?
Akata is a  "condescending" term for African Americans, but sometimes used to refer to peeps of other continents other than Africa too.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 3:52am On Jul 22, 2009
RajalAadi:

Many of you guys ask why African American's find the term 'Akata' offensive, it's because of the tone with which it is used. I'm simply asking, where do you get the pride and arrogance to be condescending and what is it based on?

dude, dont sweat it! we call white folks oyinbo and in dallas we call latinos and mexicans kokoye. it is how we identify these various groups in our pidgin english, it is not a big deal.

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 4:12am On Jul 22, 2009
I usually don't use the term akata. i just say AA to pacify u ppl. but i use oyinbo since most whites don't really care and even sometimes embrace the word. they're not as apprehensive as AAs who will usually scream racism at anything and everything

I don't think the word "akata" in itself is condenscending. Just that a lot of africans don't exactly appreciate AAs. so whatever word we use, no matter how sweet sounding. even if the literal translation is "heaven" or "awesome" lol, it will still come off as condescending anyways.

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 5:59am On Jul 22, 2009
oyinda.:

I usually don't use the term akata. i just say AA to pacify u ppl. but i use oyinbo since most whites don't really care and even sometimes embrace the word. they're not as apprehensive as AAs who will usually scream racism at anything and everything

I don't think the word "akata" in itself is condenscending. Just that a lot of africans don't exactly appreciate AAs. so whatever word we use, no matter how sweet sounding. even if the literal translation is "heaven" or "awesome" lol, it will still come off as condescending anyways.

so is it the african's fault? alot of them walk around like sum1 owes them money, plzzzzzzzzzzzzz! when i 1st got to the states i totally thot that the 1st set of folks that will accept me will be the AAs, big error, they made fun of me and my homeland, cursed and called me and my fatherland derogating names and i am suppose to care what they think or feel? akata is our classification and if they dont like it they shld get a life, i am tired of trying to understand AAs with very little of them even coming close to trying to understand africans. abeg, make we hear word. angry angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by Nobody: 6:25am On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

so is it the african's fault? alot of them walk around like sum1 owes them money, plzzzzzzzzzzzzz! when i 1st got to the states i totally thot that the 1st set of folks that will accept me will be the AAs, big error, they made fun of me and my homeland, cursed and called me and my fatherland derogating names and i am suppose to care what they think or feel? akata is our classification and if they dont like it they shld get a life, i am tired of trying to understand AAs with very little of them even coming close to trying to understand africans. abeg, make we hear word. angry angry
African Americans take you in? You don't know that most of them consider themselves native laborers, they see you as competition. And most of those peeps that makes fun Africa are either trying uneducated, trying to make themselves feel good, or doing a good job of trying to proof that they're not of African Heritage.

Esp. Jamaicans. Ok, maybe I should stop cracking on the Jamaicans, my best friends are Jamaicans.
But the Ghetto Jamaicans are mostly the ones doing it. Haitians still feel connected to Africa, but Jamaicans believe that since they're mixed, they're more no longer of African Heritage.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or saddened by their ignorance.

2 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 6:38am On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

so is it the african's fault? alot of them walk around like sum1 owes them money, plzzzzzzzzzzzzz! when i 1st got to the states i totally thot that the 1st set of folks that will accept me will be the AAs, big error, they made fun of me and my homeland, cursed and called me and my fatherland derogating names and i am suppose to care what they think or feel? akata is our classification and if they dont like it they shld get a life, i am tired of trying to understand AAs with very little of them even coming close to trying to understand africans.  abeg, make we hear word.  angry angry

i was just trying to be objective.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2009
The word Akata sounds catty, and denying negative connotations would mean you don't know how derogatory words have evolved, but knowing Nigerians and their follow follow everybody seems to be using it.

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 8:28am On Jul 22, 2009
akata sounds like cat? really. akata is not a igbo word so how do u know?
that's like saying ezeagu sounds like seagull so therefore it's derogatory. do u make much sense to urself?

and tell me, is the word oyinbo also derogatory? pls entertain us n tell us what it sounds like. lmao
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 8:47am On Jul 22, 2009
oyinda.:

akata sounds like cat? really. akata is not a igbo word so how do u know?
that's like saying ezeagu sounds like seagull so therefore it's derogatory. do u make much sense to urself?

and tell me, is the word oyinbo also derogatory? pls entertain us n tell us what it sounds like. lmao

I think you should have asked me what catty means. I didn't say it sounds like a cat. . . . . . . . . you know what, check the dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/catty

BTW what's with the 'Igbo' comment, so Yoruba is on another sound frequency, which makes it impossible for an Igbo person to learn it?

Plus Oyinbo doesn't sound derogatory because there is no tension between Africans and Europeans, and the fact that there are thousands of Nigerians trying to clamour for an Onyibo passport cools things down as well.

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 8:49am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

The word Akata sounds catty, and denying negative connotations would mean you don't know how derogatory words have evolved, but knowing Nigerians and their follow follow everybody seems to be using it.
cry me a river!

oyinda.:

i was just trying to be objective.

how about them trying to be objective 1st then we can toe the line also

FL Gators:

African Americans take you in? You don't know that most of them consider themselves native laborers, they see you as competition. And most of those peeps that makes fun Africa are either trying uneducated, trying to make themselves feel good, or doing a good job of trying to proof that they're not of African Heritage.

Esp. Jamaicans. Ok, maybe I should stop cracking on the Jamaicans, my best friends are Jamaicans.
But the Ghetto Jamaicans are mostly the ones doing it. Haitians still feel connected to Africa, but Jamaicans believe that since they're mixed, they're more no longer of African Heritage.

I'm not sure if I should be happy or saddened by their ignorance.

i know right, alot of them try to make u feel small and i look at them like, seriously i dont have ur time. i remember a girl at work that kept asking me over and over again why africans dont use bra and why africans always have flies all over their face. i looked at this ugly AA chic and her hair smells like God knows what, i didnt even know where to begin addressing her problem. she didnt go to college (at 23, she has 3 kids and single), i hold a way higher position than her, earn way more than her and she for some reason believes she is special. i had another that told me she is not black bcuz some where down the line she has some indian blood and mexican blood but both of her parents are black, i shook my head and l made her understand that i am black and even my blood is black but i happen to have white mixed in my blood yet i am seriously black and proud of it. for some reason they think that africans dont have mixed blood and by the way, having mixed blood dont make u any different or special or more intelligent than the next black man. honestly, most of their conversation abt what they think they know abt africa is just plain irritating

3 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 8:51am On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

cry me a river!

If someone insults the very core of you, and the only thing you can do instead of educating them is to call them "Akata", does that not show some insecurity on the Africans part?
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 8:52am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

I think you should have asked me what catty means. I didn't say it sounds like a cat. . . . . . . . . you know what, check the dictionary: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/catty

BTW what's with the 'Igbo' comment, so Yoruba is on another sound frequency, which makes it impossible for an Igbo person to learn it?

oh please. and what does the word "catty" derive from?
for you not to see anything wrong with trying to look up a yoruba word in an english dictionary then i really don't know what to say.
and please tell me what the word oyinda means. i'm sure you can figure it out from the way it sounds in english
i'm sure ur username is igbo. not so? i was only encouraging u to tell us what it sounds like. . . in english. lmao
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 8:58am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

If someone insults the very core of you, and the only thing you can do instead of educating them is to call them "Akata", does that not show some insecurity on the Africans part?

well it shows how little informed u r urself abt the word akata. the world "hello" can be said spitefully or warmly that just depends on the tone of the person. akata is a way we classify other blacks that are not african period. we have always classified white ppl as oyinbo and we never heard a complaint but it has to be AAs that want to complain abt everything. why should i waste my time educating ppl that felt like being called "black americans" is derogating? so they say we are not black americans but african americans meanwhile most of them will be the 1st to make an african look small. i worked with this ppl and i hear them say all kinds of mean stuff, i just ignore them and move on.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 8:59am On Jul 22, 2009
oyinda.:

oh please. and what does the word "catty" derive from?
for you not to see anything wrong with trying to look up a yoruba word in an english dictionary then i really don't know what to say.
and please tell me what the word oyinda means. i'm sure you can figure it out from the way it sounds in english
i'm sure ur username is igbo. not so? i was only encouraging u to tell us what it sounds like. . . in english. lmao

I have no idea of what your talking about. You see I tried to tell you about catty without being mean, but you don't wanna admit you didn't know what catty means.  grin When did I say I understand Yoruba, and when did I say I looked up Yoruba words in an English dictionary, it's obvious what I meant which was that the tone of 'Akata' sounds Catty. What's hard to understand there?
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

spanish people call white ppl gringo. the word itself is not derogatory. it comes from the word "greek" but they way it's being used is sometimes derogatory.

so even if we started calling u Jesus. u will still find it derogatory so what's the fuss. it's the way the word is used that changes the meaning.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:02am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

I have no idea of what your talking about. You see I tried to tell you about catty without being mean, but you don't wanna admit you didn't know what catty means.  grin When did I say I understand Yoruba, and when did I say I looked up Yoruba words in an English dictionary, it's obvious what I meant which was that the tone of 'Akata' sounds Catty. What's hard to understand there?

lmao. i rest my case.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 9:07am On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

well it shows how little informed u r urself abt the word akata. the world "hello" can be said spitefully or warmly that just depends on the tone of the person. akata is a way we classify other blacks that are not african period. we have always classified white ppl as oyinbo and we never heard a complaint but it has to be AAs that want to complain abt everything. why should i waste my time educating ppl that felt like being called "black americans" is derogating? so they say we are not black americans but african americans meanwhile most of them will be the 1st to make an african look small. i worked with this ppl and i hear them say all kinds of mean stuff, i just ignore them and move on.

'Black people who are not Africans' . . . . hmm. . . . okay can you tell me a European word for 'White people who are not European' or 'Yellow people who are not Asian'. . . . . I understand that these people can say stupid things, but that does not show they are evil, it shows that they are brainwashed and ignorant. For example you would certainly agree that Jamaicans would be much less offended if mistaken for an African now, than say 10 years ago, whatever you think there are still thousands of marriages between Africans and the African diaspora.

Plus this is how offensive words develop, Limey, Nazi, Nigger, etc. Nigger at once was considered something like 'Akata' in the white community in the 19th century and earlier, Nigger comes form the Latin word Niger, meaning black, two countries in Africa are named after the River Niger. . . . . . . .

oyinda.:

spanish people call white ppl gringo. the word itself is not derogatory. it comes from the word "greek" but they way it's being used is sometimes derogatory.

so even if we started calling u Jesus. u will still find it derogatory so what's the fuss. it's the way the word is used that changes the meaning.

Why did you further prove my point?

oyinda.:

lmao. i rest my case.

I think it's better to. . . . . . .

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:12am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

'Black people who are not Africans' . . . . hmm. . . . okay can you tell me a European word for 'White people who are not European' or 'Yellow people who are not Asian'. . . .

u're very weird. there are many countries in Europe with many different languages. i'm sure they all have a word for every ppl in their language.
french ppl have their word for blacks and whites , so do irish ppl or german or croatian ppl etc i don't speak their languages so i don't know

even asian people have words for black people in their various languages that you will probably find derogative. lol

the french ppl have a code word for whites in their country BBR (bleu, blanc, rouge or blue, white, red - the colors of their flag to signify native/ non-immigrant)

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:15am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

Why did you further prove my point?

so what do u have a problem with?
the word itself or the way it's being used?
many people view nigerians in a negative light as well. doesn't mean we go about screaming our heads off when a foreigner says the word nigeria in a bad way.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 9:24am On Jul 22, 2009
oyinda.:

u're very weird. there are many countries in Europe with many different languages. i'm sure they all have a word for every ppl in their language.
french ppl have their word for blacks and whites , so do irish ppl or german or croatian ppl etc i don't speak their languages so i don't know

even asian people have words for black people in their various languages that you will probably find derogative. lol

the french ppl have a code word for whites in their country BBR (bleu, blanc, rouge or blue, white, red - the colors of their flag to signify native/ non-immigrant)

I asked if they had a special word like Akata (because Akata doesn't mean black person as far as I know), what do French people call their people? Notice the bold on 'their' because someone up there said Akata is used for "Blacks that are not African" (you'd hear this only from Africans).

oyinda.:

so what do u have a problem with?
the word itself or the way it's being used?
many people view nigerians in a negative light as well. doesn't mean we go about screaming our heads off when a foreigner says the word nigeria in a bad way.

Yes people see Nigeria in a negative light, but you'd be okay with someone calling you 419? "Look at that 419 over there" would you really be okay? Okay what if they called you named you another name?
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:33am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

I asked if they had a special word like Akata (because Akata doesn't mean black person as far as I know), what do French people call their people? Notice the bold on 'their' because someone up there said Akata is used for "Blacks that are not African" (you'd hear this only from Africans).

Yes people see Nigeria in a negative light, but you'd be okay with someone calling you 419? "Look at that 419 over there" would you really be okay? Okay what if they called you named you another name?

no you'll mostly hear it from nigerians, specifically yoruba people.
i'm sure people from other places in africa have their word for "blacks that are not african." just that nigerians are more populous abroad than other african countries so you hear our words more
if u're a immigrant to US or UK u need to have a word for blacks that are not african because there is a difference between us and we have to distinguish. 

lmao. we nigerians call criminals 419. that's the pidgin/local vernacular for crime. and the numbers 419 represent a code in the nigerian constitution that addresses crime.
if u want to call nigerians 419 u can go ahead lol we will stop calling u akata (a neutral word) and start calling u omoale (bastards  tongue) most AAs are born out of wedlock not so?
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by ezeagu(m): 9:43am On Jul 22, 2009
oyinda.:

no you'll mostly hear it from nigerians, specifically yoruba people.
i'm sure people from other places in africa have their word for "blacks that are not african." just that nigerians are more populous abroad than other african countries
if u're a immigrant to US or UK u need to have a word for blacks that are not african because there is a difference between us and we have to distinguish. 

lmao. we nigerians call criminals 419. that's the pidgin/local vernacular for crime. and the numbers 419 represent the code in the nigerian constitution that addresses crime.
if u want to call nigerians 419 u can go ahead lol we will stop calling u akata (a neutral word) and start calling u omoale (bastards  tongue) most AAs are born out of wedlock not so?

Err, "u", who's "u"? Anyway. . . . . . 'you need to distinguish'? So there's no more Jamaican or just black, etc.? BTW Igbo people actually used to call anyone black in the diaspora 'Igbo' believe it or not, then it was 'Ndi Ojie' which is simply 'black people', but thats beside the point because all Nigerians are using 'Akata' now. The whole omoale thing. . . . . . well do your thing, but be careful not to curse yourself while calling others the worst names you can name them. Just like they can call Nigerians 'bigamists' because of polygamy.

2 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by oyinda3(f): 9:56am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

Err, "u", who's "u"? Anyway. . . . . . 'you need to distinguish'? So there's no more Jamaican or just black, etc.? BTW Igbo people actually used to call anyone black in the diaspora 'Igbo' believe it or not, then it was 'Ndi Ojie' which is simply 'black people', but thats beside the point because all Nigerians are using 'Akata' now. The whole omoale thing. . . . . . well do your thing, but be careful not to curse yourself while calling others the worst names you can name them. Just like they can call Nigerians 'bigamists' because of polygamy.

am assuming u're an akata. u kno some nigerians born abroad are called akata if they act AA. u kno what's funny tho? when nigerians say "your daughter/son  resembles akata" they usually mean it as a compliment. it means he/she is not skinny n looking fresh lol
but if they say "your son/daughter acts like akata"  then it's used in a bad way. it means he/she is being disrespectful to elders etc
akata is used in positive ways too. just that most of the time it's negative. since AAs and africans don't like each other much

that's funny. igbos calling AA blacks igbo. lmao but i don't believe you
yea yoruba ppl say "dudu" (blacks) if they're refering to all black people in general. ie those whites can be racists to "awa dudu" (we black ppl).
but when you want to distinguish, u use akata.  ex i met my akata (African american) and kokoye (hispanic) friends yesterday.

lol. i will call u omoale if u call me 419. that's just how it is.
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 10:23am On Jul 22, 2009
ezeagu:

'Black people who are not Africans' . . . . hmm. . . . okay can you tell me a European word for 'White people who are not European' or 'Yellow people who are not Asian'. . . . . I understand that these people can say stupid things, but that does not show they are evil, it shows that they are brainwashed and ignorant. For example you would certainly agree that Jamaicans would be much less offended if mistaken for an African now, than say 10 years ago, whatever you think there are still thousands of marriages between Africans and the African diaspora.

Plus this is how offensive words develop, Limey, Nazi, Nigger, etc. Nigger at once was considered something like 'Akata' in the white community in the 19th century and earlier, Nigger comes form the Latin word Niger, meaning black, two countries in Africa are named after the River Niger. . . . . . . .

why are u confusing facts? nazi called themselves nazi until it became unpopular to be called that. the germans even classified the white race, they did that bcuz they felt more superior than other whites and considered themselves whiter than others, africans dont feel superior to AAs or any other blacks outside africa, we just call them akata just like we call the white folks oyinbo and even arabs back in the dayz were considered oyinbo by some nigerians just bcuz they are lighter skin than us. plz i am not gonna sweat it over sum1's else mis-conception
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by savanaha: 3:53pm On Jul 22, 2009
When I used to work at a fast food restuarant in high school I used to call the ones I worked with "Ohu ta shi" (sp?) Because their mentalities and behavior is rotten. Some of them are lucky to be called Akata by me. One fat obnoxious yellow banana used to tell me that Africans always smell. I remember answering her one day and called her fat and dunce. I totally enjoyed getting into it with her because she was 16 about to repeat the 10th grade where as I was almost off to college. After words people that had been pretending not to hear anything threatened to "write" me up as if I cared. After that the nasty thing never bothered me again, plus I moved on to bigger and better thing. Like someone once said we meet these Akatas at McDonald (whatever low paying job we first get and leave them there).

2 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by chiogo(f): 4:17pm On Jul 22, 2009
LOL @ Savanaha

ezeagu:

BTW Igbo people actually used to call anyone black in the diaspora 'Igbo' believe it or not, then it was 'Ndi Ojie' which is simply 'black people', but thats beside the point because all Nigerians are using 'Akata' now.
Umm, speak for yourself. I've never used the word, 'Akata' before. I've only typed it on threads here on nairaland. And about Igbos calling anyone black in the diaspora 'igbo', where did you get that from?

2 Likes

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by mamagee3(f): 6:16pm On Jul 22, 2009
What is the point of this question?
Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

cry me a river!

how about them trying to be objective 1st then we can toe the line also

i know right, alot of them try to make u feel small and i look at them like, seriously i dont have ur time. i remember a girl at work that kept asking me over and over again why africans dont use bra and why africans always have flies all over their face. i looked at this ugly AA chic and her hair smells like God knows what, i didnt even know where to begin addressing her problem. she didnt go to college (at 23, she has 3 kids and single), i hold a way higher position than her, earn way more than her and she for some reason believes she is special. i had another that told me she is not black bcuz some where down the line she has some indian blood and mexican blood but both of her parents are black, i shook my head and l made her understand that i am black and even my blood is black but i happen to have white mixed in my blood yet i am seriously black and proud of it. for some reason they think that africans dont have mixed blood and by the way, having mixed blood dont make u any different or special or more intelligent than the next black man. honestly, most of their conversation abt what they think they know abt africa is just plain irritating
At work, dem still ask you that? shocked shocked shocked
Usually elementary questions.

The only time peeps can tell is if I tell them my name.
I'm well reserved, but if you ask me stupid questions, I'll make feel you feel stupid. So I haven't been asked any of this questions as of late. I mean, college based students SHOULD have surpassed that questionnaire level.

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by na2day2(m): 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2009
FL Gators:

At work, dem still ask you that? shocked shocked shocked
Usually elementary questions.

The only time peeps can tell is if I tell them my name.
I'm well reserved, but if you ask me stupid questions, I'll make feel you feel stupid. So I haven't been asked any of this questions as of late. I mean, college based students SHOULD have surpassed that questionnaire level.

i can't even begin to tell u the half of what they say, it is depressing to listen to such ignorance. guess what, one of them had the guts to say that the division between africans and AAs was created by the white folks. really! i mean seriously, white folks forced u to speak crap? the dude claims that white folks show favoritism towards the africans and it creates a jealous streak for AAs. well at my work place, that might be true only bcuz we do our job and dont complain a million times like most of them do. we are free to dress as we plz at work, no restrictions as long as u dont offend others, come check out how these AA girls show up, u have to wonder, what tech school did this one go again? undecided undecided undecided

@ Savanaha
thank God for college, some of them in college have learned to be more constructive with their questions

1 Like

Re: This "akata" Non-sense Is Funny: Give It Up. by savanaha: 7:45pm On Jul 22, 2009
na2day?:

@ Savanaha
thank God for college, some of them in college have learned to be more constructive with their questions

Thank God for SOME because there are still the idiotic ones where stupidity is encoded in there genome. I remember going to Ghana with some a study abroad and their behavior was altogether incredulous. I remember having to check them a couple of times. This past school year I had to check one idiot for making fun of people with accents, as if his voice was heavenly. Imbecilic akatas!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano Anti-corruption Agency Halts Probe On Emir Sanusi / Why Do Africans Like To To Imitate The Western Culture? / Can Some One Translate The Following Words From English To Edo/ Bini Language

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.