Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,063 members, 7,835,597 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) (33850 Views)

60-year-old Father Turns His 12-year-old Daughter Into His Sex Slave In Lagos / My Humiliating Ordeal As A Slave In Oman —22-year-old Nigerian Girl (photo) / How I Became A Slave In Libya – Nigerian Victim (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by cococandy(f): 10:51am On Feb 11, 2016
Wow!
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by ceenote: 11:04am On Feb 11, 2016
Child care in my neighborhood is
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by Nobody: 11:11am On Feb 11, 2016
They need at least 5 years in prison.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by wellmax(m): 11:15am On Feb 11, 2016
hardywaltz:
If not that these heartless criminals were apprehended they would be amongst those updating their Facebook and social media pages shouting
I'm not a criminal.....

Abeg wailer is that Handcuffs I see on them, aren't they suppose to be innocent until proven guilty or is it only Olisa Metuh that such description fits.

Abeg tell them

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by Eddyrex07(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2016
[quote author=hardywaltz post=42820128]If not that these heartless criminals were apprehended they would be amongst those updating their Facebook and social media pages shouting
I'm not a criminal.....

Abeg wailer is that Handcuffs I see on them, aren't they suppose to be innocent until proven guilty or is it only Olisa Metuh that such description fits.[#TheyAreNotCriminalsTheyAreNigerians ]
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by obimath(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2016
I wish they will be convicted and be thrown in to prison so that they will know what it is to be a slave. Wicked people.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by profmallory(m): 11:35am On Feb 11, 2016
And upon further investigation, the enslaved might be a relative from Nigeria who was promised greener pasture in America.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by aalangel(f): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2016
Incomplete report. What did the Nsobundus say? Sad story though.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by Adaezeagu(f): 12:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
muystoy:
Yeeboes and evil are like bread and butter, useless peeps
u are also useless. Idiotic he-goat ram
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by bayinq25(m): 1:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by VickyRotex(f): 2:39pm On Feb 11, 2016
judedwriter:
very wicked couple angry but...winch no dey show for face o...

This one dey show small embarassed
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by j1mmy: 2:40pm On Feb 11, 2016
Majority of Nigerians are backward and primitive by nature.

Majority of Nigerians believe in juju and supernatural

Majority of Nigerians believe in god and religion without questions and research

Majority of Nigerians will follow in the dated customs of their parents and ancestors.

This couple may not even know they are doing something wrong because their mentality was developed like that from time.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
/
I don't believe the story. It is very obvious that the news has been highly embellished. The lady was not turned into a slave. What you are seeing here is why I tell people to desist from a) bringing a nanny from Nigeria
b) going to bring a wife from Nigeria.

Usually what happens is that once the people settle in, they may be goaded by a) frenemies b) competitors c) real enemies to go for the jugular. The three groups mentioned above will covertly provide the information, logistics and legal support to the nanny. It has happened so many times that I am surprised that people still do it. It got so bad that even mothers-in-law who came for omugwo started suing too. Some people took the hints and stopped bringing their mothers-in-law over.

What it does is that it has permanently closed the door for many others. Maltreated? Probably. Converted to almost a slave? No. I don't know the couple but the accusations have Nigerians' thumbprints all over it. It usually starts with exchange of words in organizations, meetings or social media and ends with "I will show you".
/
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by SIRTee15: 3:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
InvertedHammer:
/
I don't believe the story. It is very obvious that the news has been highly embellished. The lady was not turned into a slave. What you are seeing here is why I tell people to desist from a) bringing a nanny from Nigeria
b) going to bring a wife from Nigeria.

Usually what happens is that once the people settle in, they may be goaded by a) frenemies b) competitors c) real enemies to go for the jugular. The three groups mentioned above will covertly provide the information, logistics and legal support to the nanny. It has happened so many times that I am surprised that people still do it. It got so bad that even mothers-in-law who came for omugwo started suing too. Some people took the hints and stopped bringing their mothers-in-law over.

What it does is that it has permanently closed the door for many others. Maltreated? Probably. Converted to almost a slave? No. I don't know the couple but the accusations have Nigerians' thumbprints all over it. It usually starts with exchange of words in organizations, meetings or social media and ends with "I will show you".
/

so it was the Nigerian community that told the couple to pay her $100 per month.......
it was the Nigerian community that urged them to commit visa fraud and deliberately allow the woman overstay her visa.
as I deposited earlier......
if u cant do the time then don't do the crime.......
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by purpledferanmi1: 4:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
The people in question are Igbo, and if they are given Biafra is this how they be treating one another in there mirage Biafra.

1 Like

Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by magicminister: 5:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
I strongly feel thisbis false accusation.
Thr way america works, if a woman accuses you of rape, you are finished.
No evidence is needed and her identity wouldn't be disclosed if she doesn't want it to be disclosed.
Look at what they did to bill cosby... the onus then falls on you to prove your innocence

I feel this Nigerjan woman has learnt that the system is skewed in favour of women and is using itnto her full advantage. She will be granted asylum and those couples will be locked up for a long time.

Guys, lets not forget that the victim is 38 year old. I believe she knew what she was coning into when her visa was processed from naija.
We just heard one side of the story..
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by InvertedHammer: 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
SIRTee15:

so it was the Nigerian community that told the couple to pay her $100 per month.......
it was the Nigerian community that urged them to commit visa fraud and deliberately allow the woman overstay her visa.
as I deposited earlier......
if u cant do the time then don't do the crime.......
/
This is because you chose to believe the story as reported. Many Nigerian men are languishing in jails today on trumped up charges including but not limited to r@pe, molestation, etc.Just because someone felt she could. A particular man from Anambra state almost went in because the wife accused him of molesting his daughter. Good thing that he hired a good attorney. Further investigation revealed that the wife coached the daughter on what to say but as a minor she couldn't put her lies together. She admitted that her mother told her to say so. The reason was that they were having marital issues and the wife would inherit everything if the man is locked away for a very long time. They finally got a divorce. The woman looks haggard and unkept these days.

You may choose to believe whatever you want, but knowing how crazy Nigerians' issues in US can get, I don't believe the story.

Long story short: Don't import anyone from Nigeria be it nanny, wife, husband.

Perhaps you are not aware that there are millions of illegal immigrants in US. The biggest defaulters are the Asians and their people hire then under the table. The same thing goes for Mexicans. The authorities are aware and you could hear about it in the Presidential debates. It is not a Nigerian thing. Most people that come in do not want to leave and that's the number one reason for visa denial. If you step into US, will you leave?
/
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by NemzySeries(m): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
easterners
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by SIRTee15: 6:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
InvertedHammer:

/
This is because you chose to believe the story as reported. Many Nigerian men are languishing in jails today on trumped up charges including but not limited to r@pe, molestation, etc.Just because someone felt she could. A particular man from Anambra state almost went in because the wife accused him of molesting his daughter. Good thing that he hired a good attorney. Further investigation revealed that the wife coached the daughter on what to say but as a minor she couldn't put her lies together. She admitted that her mother told her to say so. The reason was that they were having marital issues and the wife would inherit everything if the man is locked away for a very long time. They finally got a divorce. The woman looks haggard and unkept these days.

You may choose to believe whatever you want, but knowing how crazy Nigerians' issues in US can get, I don't believe the story.

Long story short: Don't import anyone from Nigeria be it nanny, wife, husband.

Perhaps you are not aware that there are millions of illegal immigrants in US. The biggest defaulters are the Asians and their people hire then under the table. The same thing goes for Mexicans. The authorities are aware and you could hear about it in the Presidential debates. It is not a Nigerian thing. Most people that come in do not want to leave and that's the number one reason for visa denial. If you step into US, will you leave?
/

pls, go through the initial thread and read the police deposition on the case.
that deposition is explicit and clearly showed the couple committed visa fraud and something very close to human trafficking.
they are not in anyway innocent, they deliberately took advantage of her ignorance and illiteracy and exploited her.
the US police said the nanny could neither read nor write Igbo or English very well, but the couple forced her to sign a contract she couldn't understand the contents.
At the US embassy in Nigeria, the couple spoke for her and lied that she was 58 yrs old and was going for a visit.
They brought two toddlers from Nigeria along with that nanny, tell me what else will they bring her to do apart from caring for the children.
when the nanny went missing and the husband filed a case of missing person, he admitted to the police he was in custody of her passport and that it had expired.
Tell me, why will she escape without her passport if not that they denied her access to the documents.
look here, don't try to exonerate the couple, they knew what they were doing.

that someone is an illegal immigrant doesn't give u the right to exploit and treat her inhumanely. if u cant help her, then leave her.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by xendra: 7:53am On Feb 12, 2016
Good for them they think they are in Nigeria... I know a couple here that does this. so i don't doubt the story @all.
Re: The Nigerian Couple That Turned Nanny To Slave In Houston Texas (Photos) by rexzqcom(m): 8:56pm On Feb 12, 2016
Same abuses of nannies, housegirls, house boys, other domestic helpers and contract laborers by so called rich Nigerians right now. They use people and refuses to pay. Or pay less than initially agreed.
Other than physical and emotional abuses, this victim found out no money were being paid into her Nigeria account as agreed.
Meanwhile, they are being paid by us government to take care of their five adopted children. The children are not their natural births children. They are adopted. When you adopt children, especially multiple times as they are, social institutions monitors the household to acertain the well beings of the children. They use neighbors and utilities maintenance people to spie on the household.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Kills Friend In Nasarawa For Recommending Drug That Made Him Impotent (pic) / Driver Caught Driving Against Traffic Assaults RRS Officers In Lagos / Airport Official Arrested Over Attempt To Smuggle Suspected Drug Onboard Ibom Ai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.