Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,341 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) (946 Views)

Benz 300e Auto gear For Urgent Sale. now 170k / Toyota Town Ace (TOKS)Auto Gear 650,ooo PRICE REDUCED TO 500K / My Honda Civic Millenium Model Suddenly Stop While On Top Gear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by lanreajax(m): 6:18pm On Jul 05, 2009
Does anybody here watch Top gear? i would like to know if that crazy guy (Jeremy Clarkson) is actually an expert or just an entertainer. I watched him totally shred the VW toureg as a ''terribly bad'' car. Please!!!!!!!!
In the same show he was busy praising subaru as one of the most reliable cars in the world. haba!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by JJYOU: 6:24pm On Jul 05, 2009
lanreajax:

Does anybody here watch Top gear? i would like to know if that crazy guy (Jeremy Clarkson) is actually an expert or just an entertainer. I watched him totally shred the VW toureg as a ''terribly bad'' car. Please!!!!!!!!
In the same show he was busy praising subaru as one of the most reliable cars in the world. haba!!!!!!!!!!!
he is not an expert but he know cars more than some mechanics. he has been doing motor shows for more than 20 yrs now plus dont forget the auntie he works for has loads of researchers and lawyers. those programmes goes through editorials and lawyers before going out.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by joxiri: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2009
yeah he might not be an expert but he is very good at what he does, yeah he can be very critical of a car, but can also praise a great car
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by joxiri: 6:53pm On Jul 05, 2009
And the subaru impreza is a very reliable car because the rally version is also available for commercial use
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by sultaan(m): 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2009
Just take a look at the rally circuit and see what the Subaru WRX STi did in the last 7 years.

There are 3 low cost cars those guys will drool over and I have seen them droll on 2; the EVO and the WRX STi
third will be the Mazdaspeed3
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by blackchief(m): 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2009
I love the show and the guys that present it.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by bigfather(m): 6:17pm On Jul 10, 2009
I love watching the show ! The guy too sabi cars !
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by KunleA2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 10, 2009
lanreajax:

I know he probably broke ur heart cos you love the toureg so much. Especially in Naija. But the reports on the car is not too great from any reliable car critic. Save ur $$$ get a 4runner.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by lungwun(m): 11:21am On Jul 11, 2009
I love top gear and have the seasons 1-10 boxsets at home.
He is absolutely spot on when talking about cars but a major flaw is they are biased when it comes to
american cars. They always say bad stuff about american cars (and so do naija folk) reminds me of what people
in naija talk about ford cars. I own an explorer and the car has never given me any problem that my toyota hasn't.

But they are labelled as bad cars. That aside, Top gear is one of the greatest automotive shows ever.
And no matter what they say, once ive got the cash, i will increase my inventory by purchasing an 07 mustang GT.

Personally i'm tired of all the Honda's, Toyotas and Nissans offered for sale on this forum.
Re: Jeremy Clarkson (top Gear) by MSI1: 11:52am On Jul 11, 2009
That guy has been on the bus for years. He even has a book out there - Born to be Riled or something. In my view, he is an expert and his reviews are very thorough. One of his reviews about the 05 Golf helped me personally.

The Touareg, from user reviews (actual owners) is one step away from a lemon. I think people need to dig up reviews from people like Jeremy before making a move.

Like he pointed out a while ago, Nissan, Mitsibushi and Honda are into adverts using films like 2 Fast 2 Furious to confuse people into buying their cars and trucks - branding them "rugged" - and we see it everyday here; you buy those toys and in a year it looks 5 years with everything falling apart.

I think he is the man

(1) (Reply)

HONDA radio codes (FREE) / Renault: Any Ideas! / My Sienna Ac

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.