Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,065 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change (1709 Views)

Ngige Denies Collapsing During Budget Defence / Chris Ngige Collapses During Budget Defence / Amaechi At National Assembly For Budget Defence Today - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 11, 2016
This is the time for Nigerians to pay more attention to the positive impact of the current happenings in the NASS defence budget than focus on unnecessary technicalities and use of English.

For the first time in 16years, the executive led by PMB have refused to defend inflation of Budget that some government officials and civil servants would have easily stole. The current rejection of some huge figures by various ministers is a clear reflection of president Buhari anti-corruption stand. It is very difficult to indict yourself on a document you signed. it takes courage, sincerity and high level integrity to do that. We must commend president Buhari for that. For Buhari to openly indict himself in public when he can easily make a deal with the senate president by compromising the trust the people place on him like it was done in the past just to cover a little "embarrassment" is very commendable.

We need to tell ourselves the truth. Most of the items in the Budget that are rejected today by Buhari administration, are items that have be existing in the Budget for the last 3 or more years. The items have been defended in the past without any scrutiny by the National Assembly because in the past corruption was worship.

I know some people will argue that PMB is to be blame for the current embarrassment. Yes I agree that the Budget is his responsibility. However we must as well tell ourselves the truth that there is no way PMB would have read all the 1000 page documents. No president in the world does that. The truth is that the civil servants who made the budget estimate did it base on previous template and mindset in the past. They did not fully understand the change agenda of PMB. Hopefully by 2017 budget, we will have less of this misunderstanding between PMB stand and the civil servants interpretation of his stand. Some people will argue why use a template from a previous government you condemn. We must be sincere and know that change is gradual and takes time. The change agenda is a 4year to 8year agenda. So everything cannot be changed in months.

We must also know that the reason the National Assembly is doing more critical work in this budget rather than rubber stamping it as they use to do in the past is because of Buhari anti-corruption stand. If Buhari was sharing Ghana must go to the senate like it use to be in the past, there will be less noise coming from the National Assembly.

I work in a multinational company. I have not met any boss who reads 100 page documents prepared by me or any other of his staff page to page. Some of us here on nairaland are bosses too. For that we can forgive PMB for poor oversight for a document of about 1000 pages.

I am not saying this Budget and the process are perfect. But what I am clearly saying is that, this Budget and National Assembly scrutiny of the Budget, and ministers open rejection of possible inflation is the best Nigeria has had in the last 16 years. This is a major progress every sincere and objective Nigerian who loves the progress of this country should applaud. Because this new development is in the best interest of the country.

I am very happy with current noise about the Budget. This is a clear sign that Change has come. And change has come to stay.
Change is always difficult. Change usually face a lot of resistance and rough path. This Budget is actually a BUDGET OF CHANGE.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Femich18(m): 9:02am On Feb 11, 2016
U have said nothing but the truth. Mere 2-page CV,Many boss don't go thru it thoroughly....I just hope tins improve because many of us have high expectations

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by OZAOEKPE(f): 9:03am On Feb 11, 2016
SMH

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by TechRev: 9:04am On Feb 11, 2016
Even shaggy said "it wasnt me" when caught red handed. A budget you suppose to prepare and present to NASS. But you want us to believe you copied GEJ budget?? And you want us to believe that GEJ was ineffectual Buffoon and clueless?? And yet you copied his budget??

In Nigeria universities, you copy expo from the best in the class.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by phantom(m): 9:08am On Feb 11, 2016
Exactly! Even though the responsibility for this blunder lies squarely with GMB,one cannot deny the subtle positive change going on behind only "the discerning" will appreciate.
Change!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Spybradd: 9:12am On Feb 11, 2016
#ZombiesNewsAgency.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by talktimi(m): 9:18am On Feb 11, 2016
Tuale4u hustling hard for Aisha jollof grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Bugatie(m): 9:20am On Feb 11, 2016
TechRev:
Even shaggy said "it wasnt me" when caught red handed. A budget you suppose to prepare and present to NASS. But you want us to believe you copied GEJ budget?? And you want us to believe that GEJ was ineffectual Buffoon and clueless?? And yet you copied his budget??

Bros I for give you 2 bottle Origin if no be say we dey lent

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 9:22am On Feb 11, 2016
talktimi:
Tuale4u hustling hard for Aisha jollof grin

The funny tin is dat I am not into media or politics. Neither am I a member of any political party. I am just a Nigerian who wants the d best for my country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 9:23am On Feb 11, 2016
TechRev:

For Buhari to openly indict himself in public when he can easily make a deal with the senate president by compromising the trust the people place on him like it was done in the past just to cover a little "embarrassment" is very commendable.

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by talktimi(m): 9:24am On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:

The funny tin is dat I am not into media or politics. Neither am I a member of any political party. I am just a Nigerian who wants the d best for my country.
the devil is a liar

1 Like

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Bugatie(m): 9:25am On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:
This is the time for Nigerians to pay more attention to the positive impact of the current happenings in the NASS defence budget than focus on unnecessary technicalities and use of English.

For the first time in 16years, the executive led by PMB have refused to defend inflation of Budget that some government officials and civil servants would have easily stole. The current rejection of some huge figures by various ministers is a clear reflection of president Buhari anti-corruption stand. It is very difficult to indict yourself on a document you signed. it takes courage, sincerity and high level integrity to do that. We must commend president Buhari for that. For Buhari to openly indict himself in public when he can easily make a deal with the senate president by compromising the trust the people place on him like it was done in the past just to cover a little "embarrassment" is very commendable.
[b]
BUDGET OF CHANGE
[/b]

Budget of corruption you mean?

Sorry I couldn't quote all the hypocrisy you wrote up there.

If the President and his team can not be trusted to proof read and deliver a sensitive and strategic document like the budget on the the administrations change agenda will anchor, then we are in for a stormy ride.

Make no excuse for Buhari bros,cos it makes no sense and for all those trying to blame Jonathan, you guys have no shame!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 9:30am On Feb 11, 2016
talktimi:
the devil is a liar

why should I lie over just a post on faceless nairaland!!
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by obasiken: 9:38am On Feb 11, 2016
We need to tell ourselves the truth. Most of the items in the Budget that are rejected today by Buhari administration, are items that have be existing in the Budget for the last 3 or more years.

One step forward and two steps back, you fought very hard with blood and money to remove a man from a post, told uncountable lies and swore that all his methods of governance were bad.

Then you are put incharge, and the first budget you go back and copy the clueless budget and add more cluelessness. Increased from 4 to 6 trillion extra frivolous spending in a time of Austerity, including the fact that fuel subsidy spending has been removed and you want us to stand and clap for you.

Same way you said GEJ should not be appreciated for honorable steping down after looosing election is the same way we are saying PMB will take all the blame for Budget of Corruption.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by nnpchopeful(m): 9:52am On Feb 11, 2016
@op, are you telling us that this is the first time in history the Senate is scrutinizing the budget. I don't think so bro.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by baralatie(m): 9:56am On Feb 11, 2016
stjuiny:
wow
Wetin be wow!
You shock ba?
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 10:06am On Feb 11, 2016
obasiken:
We need to tell ourselves the truth. Most of the items in the Budget that are rejected today by Buhari administration, are items that have be existing in the Budget for the last 3 or more years.

One step forward and two steps back, you fought very hard with blood and money to remove a man from a post, told uncountable lies and swore that all his methods of governance were bad.

Then you are put incharge, and the first budget you go back and copy the clueless budget and add more cluelessness. Increased from 4 to 6 trillion extra frivolous spending in a time of Austerity, including the fact that fuel subsidy spending has been removed and you want us to stand and clap for you.

Same way you said GEJ should not be appreciated for honorable steping down after looosing election is the same way we are saying PMB will take all the blame for Budget of Corruption.

I am simply telling you that change is gradual

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 11, 2016
nnpchopeful:
@op, are you telling us that this is the first time in history the Senate is scrutinizing the budget. I don't think so bro.

This is the first time at this level on detail.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 10:50am On Feb 11, 2016
Guy, this is not budget of change but corruption.

Was it the last administration that budgeted over #6trillion before they left?

Didn't the president sack most of the perm secs that worked with the last gvt and appointed his trusted ones?

No reasonable person that want this nation to develop will defend this high level of corruption in any form.
If you truely want this nation to develop, say things they way they are and stop tjis your hypocrisy.

HYPOCRISY IS EVIL
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 11, 2016
InLoveWithGod:

Didn't the president sack most of the perm secs that worked with the last gvt and appointed his trusted ones?

No reasonable person that want this nation to develop will defend this high level of corruption in any form.
If you truely want this nation to develop, say things they way they are and stop tjis your hypocrisy.

HYPOCRISY IS EVIL

you are missing the point. The issue here is not 6trillion. but some repetitive overheads.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by baralatie(m): 11:19am On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:

you are missing the point. The issue here is not 6trillion. but some repetitive overheads.
Which was submitted as expenses equaling to #6tr.
That is a corruptend intent to steal
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:

I can see how much you want the BEST for your country.

Every people deserve their kind of government.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by drss(m): 11:31am On Feb 11, 2016
i can only imagine how difficult it is for d zombies to defend buari ova n ova again even afta displaying unbelievable cluelessness n dullardness since he assume office last year. grin pele o zombies grin grin grin
budget of change or budget of corruption Abeg tell us anoda story. grin
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by drss(m): 11:34am On Feb 11, 2016
TechRev:

in skool, a dullard who copies a so called ineffectual bufon's work is called brainless.
Buari dullard is totally brainless.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by drss(m): 11:39am On Feb 11, 2016
InLoveWithGod:

HYPOCRISY IS EVIL
i wonder o. dis zombies ar just too funy. first they called GEJ clueless. now they ar blaming GEJ for copying his work in their budget of scam. is dat not brainless
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by mrmetoo1: 11:48am On Feb 11, 2016
I'll say something, I supported Buhari and for the most part I still believe in his presidency. However, this budget has been a huge disappointment. The least they need to do is apologize for this. I understand that maybe Buhari couldn't have gone through the entire budget himself but what about all the retinue of advisers, assistants and so on? I'm sure Buhari just conveyed his expectations and left the rest for them and those guys betrayed him but he betrayed us by not making sure the budget passed his integrity test or at most the integrity he tries to portray. Heads need to roll, apologies need to be made. I don't agree this is a budget of change, there are very new good items in this budget but carrying over those things we complained about before isn't change. It's like adding sugar to spoilt milk or so. This aso rock rent has been in there for some years for it being in there now, it is a betrayal of their change mantra.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by rolchi(m): 11:58am On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:

We need to tell ourselves the truth. Most of the items in the Budget that are rejected today by Buhari administration, are items that have be existing in the Budget for the last 3 or more years. The items have been defended in the past without any scrutiny by the National Assembly because in the past corruption was worship.

I know some people will argue that PMB is to be blame for the current embarrassment. Yes I agree that the Budget is his responsibility. However we must as well tell ourselves the truth that there is no way PMB would have read all the 1000 page documents. No president in the world does that. The truth is that the civil servants who made the budget estimate did it base on previous template and mindset in the past. They did not fully understand the change agenda of PMB. Hopefully by 2017 budget, we will have less of this misunderstanding between PMB stand and the civil servants interpretation of his stand. Some people will argue why use a template from a previous government you condemn. We must be sincere and know that change is gradual and takes time. The change agenda is a 4year to 8year agenda. So everything cannot be changed in months.

We must also know that the reason the National Assembly is doing more critical work in this budget rather than rubber stamping it as they use to do in the past is because of Buhari anti-corruption stand. If Buhari was sharing Ghana must go to the senate like it use to be in the past, there will be less noise coming from the National Assembly.

I work in a multinational company. I have not met any boss who reads 100 page documents prepared by me or any other of his staff page to page. Some of us here on nairaland are bosses too. For that we can forgive PMB for poor oversight for a document of about 1000 pages.

I am not saying this Budget and the process are perfect. But what I am clearly saying is that, this Budget and National Assembly scrutiny of the Budget, and ministers open rejection of possible inflation is the best Nigeria has had in the last 16 years. This is a major progress every sincere and objective Nigerian who loves the progress of this country should applaud. Because this new development is in the best interest of the country.

I am very happy with current noise about the Budget. This is a clear sign that Change has come. And change has come to stay.
Change is always difficult. Change usually face a lot of resistance and rough path. This Budget is actually a BUDGET OF CHANGE.

Two Questions for you Sir:

1. PMB's aides could inform him that he 'saved' 2.2T NGN in TSA in 3 months but couldn't inform him of the humongous blunders in the Budget?
2. PMB retrieved this budget and removed the 3.4B for BMW Cars but did not see all these humongous blunders to have them removed?
And question 2a:
2a (i): Even though the budget is the largest in the history of Nigeria Budgeting, how come agencies of government (e.g. Army, EFCC, Works) are asking for more money? Where is the increase since the FG did not increase workforce but rather prunned MDA's.

Goodluck!
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 12:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
tuale4u:

Did they not send another "corrected budget" and still the final figure remained the same?

They reduced some proposals and increased some and added some yet the final expenditure of over #6trillion remained the same.

Or when they were redistributing the monies they did not look if there were repetitions?

Whichever way you want to put it, the presidency has failed the first intelligence test.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by talktimi(m): 12:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nairaland APC zombies be like grin

Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by greatiyk4u(m): 1:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
God bless you for this wonderful write-up and observation.
Re: 2016 Budget Defence, The Best Nigeria Has Had In 16years. Budget Of Change by Nobody: 2:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
greatiyk4u:
God bless you for this wonderful write-up and observation.
thank u

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Approval Ratings Are Still High – President Buhari / Rediscover Imo@40: Rochas Okorocha Road Revolution. You Can't Beat The Reach. / How To Check If Your NIMC ID Card Is Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.