Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,658 members, 7,816,686 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. (43350 Views)

Dino Melaye's Blue Shorts NYSC Outfit Got Him Blasted By Nigerians (Photo) / Power: NewYork Times Shades Nigeria In New Article / What New York Times Said About Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Topestbilly(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Una just know?
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by eitsei(m): 2:42pm On Feb 11, 2016
Nigeria : good people, great Nation
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by spicy244(f): 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
They only make papers....what happened to been creative,inventing over there.....
When it comes to that its given to whites ...... Good one naija
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by UpLoyo: 2:43pm On Feb 11, 2016
knightsTempler:
If you are Nigerian, share this picture to your timeline. Let the world know we are a great people. You can choose to see yourself and your country as criminal or choose to project yourself and your country as one of hardworking and motivated people. The choice is yours.

I do not need New York Times to tell me about how upwardly mobile Nigerians are. I look at myself and the search for an improved status in the US and I see other Nigerians doing the same...Igbo, Yoruba, minorities all. I see us and I am proud. However, since New York Times confirms it, I have to agree with them.
I am Nigerian and I am proud.

Copied from Ena Ofugara's timeline.

Dude, that article is 2yrs, written JAN. 25, 2014 precisely

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/26/opinion/sunday/what-drives-success.html?_r=1
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by wiseone28: 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Shortyy:
Yet some idiotic leader will go to another country and spit crap with his smelly mouth. Meanwhile, his country is in shambles and he isn't saying anything about it.
Somehow
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by biggielawajo(m): 2:45pm On Feb 11, 2016
Sha na lie our presido they talk nii. Omo mak u park well jare
knightsTempler:

Strangely Buhari only opens his mouth to spit rubbish when he is abroad. Is that not a sign of inferiority complex?

Less than 3% of Nigerians are Criminals & are Exposed to the outside world. This doesn't make the Majority 97% plus, Criminals. A PATRIOTIC President Must make this distinction & PROMOTE the image of his country! It is a SHAME President Buhari has FAILED the nation in this regard!!!

2 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by rafabenitez: 2:46pm On Feb 11, 2016
Is d north among those graduates abroad?we all know the ansa.jihad is preferred to schooling, grin cry

2 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Nobody: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
dere ar all criminals
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by frodobee: 2:47pm On Feb 11, 2016
Wait for NL Orubebes to call you IPOD, their lord and master has already told the world they are all criminals. Serves Nigeria and Nigerians right. Next time bother to ask for certificates not Nepa bills.

2 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by jeff105(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
just lesting 2 olamide illegal and happy. dont mind d haters
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by banmee(m): 2:48pm On Feb 11, 2016
Keneking:
Nigerians are indeed doing well

Where? In which are in Nigeria exactly?
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by PBundles(m): 2:50pm On Feb 11, 2016
Note its states that a forth have graduate or professional degrees, NOT COUNTING THOSE WITH BACHELOR. The intelligence of Nigerians and their advancement has been documented many times in the past. You have MORE Nigerian doctors than Black Americans, shocking but true.

My take is that if you can survive in Nigeria, the rest of the world is like kindergarten. So when they get the chance to make it, no holding back.

Even in criminality, NOT THAT IM SUPPORTING IT ( before someone quotes me), do you know the ingenuity it takes to succeed.

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by sukkot: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
na only book dem sabi. to apply the book na wahala

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by iamlati: 2:51pm On Feb 11, 2016
Shortyy:
Yet some idiotic leader will go to another country and spit crap with his smelly mouth. Meanwhile, his country is in shambles and he isn't saying anything about it.

You don't have to be insultive,... no wonder you are short
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by obiakorEmmanuel(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
yet a white comes to our country to tap the natural resources while we become employee.

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by abbey621(m): 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
Ignorance is a disease, some people just won't let this propaganda die! Buhari never called Nigerians criminals, if you feel differently then it's obvious you suffer both from comprehension issues and insecurity. The NY times article is almost 2 years old and we surely don't need a newspaper article to point out the obvious! The same NY time has accused Nigeria of being one of the most corrupt countries in the world and when Abdulmutallab did the unthinkable they wrote numerous articles on the history of terrorism in Nigeria so be careful relying on Western media like NY times as a credible source of praising Nigerians.....

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by LavishButters: 2:53pm On Feb 11, 2016
100% organic unrefined premium quality cold pressed cocoa butter available for sale!!!!!!! Cocoa butter can be used to fade and remove stretch marks as well as moisturise natural, relaxed or texlaxed hair for boosted growth. Contact LavishButters on + 2348099369411 for more info on how to purchase.

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by banmee(m): 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2016
knightsTempler:
If you are Nigerian, share this picture to your timeline. Let the world know we are a great people. You can choose to see yourself and your country as criminal or choose to project yourself and your country as one of hardworking and motivated people. The choice is yours.

I do not need New York Times to tell me about how upwardly mobile Nigerians are. I look at myself and the search for an improved status in the US and I see other Nigerians doing the same...Igbo, Yoruba, minorities all. I see us and I am proud. However, since New York Times confirms it, I have to agree with them.

The one's that the New York times are referring to are LEGAL residents who have no choice but to behave themselves. They are in a place where you dare not ask for or offer bribes. Mett out jungle justice as you see fit. Utilize a POV however you want. (https://www.nairaland.com/2927024/lagos-driver-places-plastic-chair/1#42827401) A place where every citizens right is upheld as best as possible. Where personal space is respected. Where personal boundaries are recognized. Where the law is guaranteed to clamp down on you in a blink of an eye. Fabricate stories so as to defame individuals out spite, boredom or ill intent at your own peril. #Linda ikeji.
And most importantly, where you have to obey the law in it's entirety. Which one of these applies to Nigeria?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Nobody: 2:56pm On Feb 11, 2016
**** you will never learn, all you know how to do best is to criticize the God sent president we have now in Nigeria... most Nigerians outside Nigeria are busy doing drugs, in-short evil businesses which many are sentence to death by hanging. that's not our pride... God bless Nigerians that are out there for good business and woooo unto those that are spoiling our name.
Karlovich:
And yet a certain man without certificate will label them criminals. Smh

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by ghostofsparta(m): 2:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
knightsTempler:

If the intention of whoever actually wrote this piece is to employ this inconsequential report about Nigerian high-fly graduates from Havard to denote how great and progressive Nigeria and Nigerians are, then he or she is obviously experiencing severe loss of contact with the reality in Nigeria. How has, or could their Havard degree assuaged things in this 0v3r-phuck3d excuse of a nation.
Amos Nonyu has spoken!

2 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by lilygabriel08: 2:58pm On Feb 11, 2016
and buhari said we are all criminal...............shango crash his plane!!!!!!!
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
see Muktar RUBBIN MIND program by Ebuka hahahaha still dey pain ammmmmmmmmmmm
frodobee:
Wait for NL Orubebes to call you IPOD, their lord and master has already told the world they are all criminals. Serves Nigeria and Nigerians right. Next time bother to ask for certificates not Nepa bills.
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Shortyy(f): 2:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
iamlati:

You don't have to be insultive,... no wonder you are short
Here's my fúck ↑ take it and run along.
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by erekoshe: 3:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
guest12345:
f o o l you will never learn, all you know how to do best is to criticize the God sent president we have now in Nigeria... most Nigerians outside Nigeria are busy doing drugs, in-short evil businesses which many are sentence to death by hanging. that's not our pride... God bless Nigerians that are out there for good business and woooo unto those that are spoiling our name.

You're a lady calling someone "fool" because he have a different opinion.. This shows a lot about your upbringing...

He had issues with the president, who made you the President's advocate? Did God told you that he sent the President?? You not only insult someone but lied on God.. Shame on you!!!

There are Nigerians that are drug dealers and all that, generalizing is indeed cruel. Are you a drug dealer?

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by musicwriter(m): 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
knightsTempler:

An African-American actually raised a topic yesterday explaining away why they're unable to succeed in America, totally denying various publications citing Nigerian as the most educated people in the US.

@KidStranglehold, I hope you take a look at what the New York times have to say about Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by iamlati: 3:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
Shortyy:

Here's my fúck ↑ take it and run along.

Alright, I will kindly give it to your dad as well

1 Like

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by Caseless: 3:04pm On Feb 11, 2016
knightsTempler:

Strangely Buhari only opens his mouth to spit rubbish when he is abroad. Is that not a sign of inferiority complex?

Less than 3% of Nigerians are Criminals & are Exposed to the outside world. This doesn't make the Majority 97% plus, Criminals. A PATRIOTIC President Must make this distinction & PROMOTE the image of his country! It is a SHAME President Buhari has FAILED the nation in this regard!!!
being the op , I thought you'd be sensible enough going by ur intro, but I was wrong. Did you read the interview ? Smh

3 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by tolexy007(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Karlovich:
embarassed
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by pastormellanby: 3:09pm On Feb 11, 2016
is it good or bad knowledge it is only fools that will disagree that some Nigerians abroad are spoiling our reputations, is it our stupid politicians that are looting our money oversea, or those that have associated themselves with terrorism, or those that are into drug trafficking, murder and theft and prostitutions.Let's stop deceiving ourselves.

2 Likes

Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by tolexy007(m): 3:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
donbenz:
Sai Baba! cool
undecided o maa se oo
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by tolexy007(m): 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
rafabenitez:
Is d north among those graduates abroad?we all know the ansa.jihad is preferred to schooling, grin cry
grin grin grin grin grin you gat me laffing
Re: What The NewYork Times Said About Nigerians. Photo Attached. by frisky2good(m): 3:11pm On Feb 11, 2016
Mention his name joor. This is democracy. grin

Karlovich:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kills Captain Anthony Tekemeka In Borno (photo) / Internally Generated Revenue Compared To Federal Allocation Of States 2020 / Bayo Omoboriowo Prostrates To Greet Buhari; Celebrates President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.