Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,749 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) (22055 Views)

Davido & Chioma Featured In YABATECH Exam Questions / Life Of A Student- See My 10k Budget List[hardtimes] / She Graduated As An OND Student, See What She Got From Friends - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by XaintJoel20: 6:49pm On Feb 11, 2016
This and many more gory stories are what you get from most of our so called "health centres" in tertiary institutions...
Unequipped clinics. Some fellows will connived and steal funds that would have been used to equip the centres...
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 11, 2016
Just because of 35k fa
Those medical personnels are very useless.. The students need to deal with them the street way
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by arabianights: 7:16pm On Feb 11, 2016
truthspeaks:
Pls explain hw they went to far? Cos d deceased z nt ur relative abi?

Allow him.......what those students are doing will protect future lives,they are fighting for those that will come even long after they have graduated.this move alone will make other students to ensure their own institutions are fully equipped.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by AyamConfidence(m): 7:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Thats why Nigeria is not moving forward...what happened to the Hipocratic Oath these medical practitioners take...they are all just interested about money while human life is made to waste like chickens at christmas time...i'm sick of this nation mehn
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by happyjuliet(f): 7:29pm On Feb 11, 2016
Yaba tech really socks, der medicals is nothing to write home abt. RIP to d died.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Carrottop(m): 7:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
She was such a brilliant girl on a cgpa of 3.97/4.00... Yabatech has been shut down for the next 4weeks
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Kunlexic(m): 7:41pm On Feb 11, 2016
Most of this doctors take human life wit non-challant attitude.
RIP to the deceased
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Horlaarsco: 7:52pm On Feb 11, 2016
What pains me 3.97 GP
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Toonice(m): 7:57pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dat girl get package with death, her death is not natural.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Jacko1(m): 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2016
I remember when i was in skool.... Na cosmetic treatment dey make me go school clinic.... Wen i was rili sick na to find ma aunty in owerri. Students forget ur school medical centres.....
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by sirwisy2580: 8:06pm On Feb 11, 2016
Dapromzy333:

http://www.channelstv.com/2016/02/10/yabatech-students-protest-death-of-colleague/

RIP to d dead..
BUT I have to comment on the poor health management in most Nigerian Educational institutions. I am awere that her hospital bill / health care service was Included in her administrative changers of which she paid in full why then the #35,000 again.
I call on all ALUTAs to fight the victorious war n collect the right so this oppression n intimidation can stop!
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by ifeomaekol(f): 8:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
Rip dazan-------i wonder y d school ll make one go thru all d stress of medicals, give u a card n yet wen it comes to action----nuthn. Final year clearance, u must do medical clearance as well, bt d sch authorities ll neva organize health programs for students, wonder y we dnt value human life, y ll someone dt trained to help save lives demand for money first b4 any other thing? Reminds me of a frd I had in d scecondary sch bck then, all she culd think abt was hw to become a nurse, then oneday she came to sch so sober and she told us a sad story----of hw dia neighbours only son died cos of d neglect of nurses on duty dt 9t. D boy was involved in a motor accident, he was rushed to d hospital still alive, bt d nurses refused to attend to him unless they pay 5thousand naira as deposit, no amount of begging could change dia minds n d boy gave up d ghost rite in dia eyes n dt was d end of nursing for my frd.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Ayopercent(m): 8:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
adorablepepple:
University medical clinics are nothing to write home about this days, Hnmmmmm . May God console her parents. Rest in peace dear
My sister,not this days atall...e don tey like olumo rock grin
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by meelorlah(f): 8:36pm On Feb 11, 2016
So sad, Dazan was just wasted. I don't know y those medical people don't place any value on human life, what is d essence of d Hippocratic oath? RIP Dazan Charity Oluwabukola
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Funjosh(m): 8:38pm On Feb 11, 2016
"Another colleague of the victim, Ibraheem Emmanuel, said: “No
drug is given by the school medical (you have to go and buy).
“You need to see the stress that was passed through. We were
the ones that went to get injections, drugs, in fact drip that were
given to Dazan Charity”.

This is so True, my niece was admitted on monday everything that was used wasn't available at the health centre. My younger brother pass through hell from the back and forth of the staff before he could finally get everything needed at a pharmacy around Onipanu. angry
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Mpanyi: 9:02pm On Feb 11, 2016
ifeomaekol:
Rip dazan-------i wonder y d school ll make one go thru all d stress of medicals, give u a card n yet wen it comes to action----nuthn. Final year clearance, u must do medical clearance as well, bt d sch authorities ll neva organize health programs for students, wonder y we dnt value human life, y ll someone dt trained to help save lives demand for money first b4 any other thing? Reminds me of a frd I had in d scecondary sch bck then, all she culd think abt was hw to become a nurse, then oneday she came to sch so sober and she told us a sad story----of hw dia neighbours only son died cos of d neglect of nurses on duty dt 9t. D boy was involved in a motor accident, he was rushed to d hospital still alive, bt d nurses refused to attend to him unless they pay 5thousand naira as deposit, no amount of begging could change dia minds n d boy gave up d ghost rite in dia n dt was d end of nursing for my frd.

Too pathetic
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by treachiz(m): 9:08pm On Feb 11, 2016
If LULU BRIGGS 4 Uniport try dis 1 eh, Uniport go close.... Chai its nt rili funny sha!!!!
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Halleluyah54(m): 9:21pm On Feb 11, 2016
Those medical staff does not have human feeling. RIP to her. May God help us.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Nobody: 9:26pm On Feb 11, 2016
The psychological trauma they go through......how can they be of any use to anyone after they graduate.
Another death in black Africa where the life of a human is no different from that of a rat.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2016
... So... 7 people can't give 5 grand? This world needs to be destroyed, evil & greed & wickedness is just too much.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Moz22: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2016
Donbabajay12:
Remebered my days in YCT. That medical center is wack, all d staffs dere need to be sacked.................Aluta continua. ..RIP to d dead...
mehn bro..its nothing to write home about. I remember when we sleep in front of that medicals overnight just to have medical as mandatory during the course of registration...and sometimes have our bath in d open very close to that medicals
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by don4real18(m): 11:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
My ex-school and she was an acquaintance as I had a habit of visiting the beautiful girls in her department.
The medical is a waste and tried doing the same to me a long time back because I wasn't with my medical card until when they saw I became worse as minutes went by
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by olimeh13(m): 11:22pm On Feb 11, 2016
The sad news is that she was my class mate in secondary school #s-triumph second school, magbon badagry... Rip charity

Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 11:27pm On Feb 11, 2016
Moz22:
mehn bro..its nothing to write home about. I remember when we sleep in front of that medicals overnight just to have medical as mandatory during the course of registration...and sometimes have our bath in d open very close to that medicals
U ar very right...d bitter truth is that I didnt have a medical card till I finish skooling dere , with all d threat that without it,u wont be able to sign course form
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 11:31pm On Feb 11, 2016
Funjosh:
"Another colleague of the victim, Ibraheem Emmanuel, said: “No
drug is given by the school medical (you have to go and buy).
“You need to see the stress that was passed through. We were
the ones that went to get injections, drugs, in fact drip that were
given to Dazan Charity”.

This is so True, my niece was admitted on monday everything that was used wasn't available at the health centre. My younger brother pass through hell from the back and forth of the staff before he could finally get everything needed at a pharmacy around Onipanu. angry
Very true..I remebered when I had issue based on confrat level. sad..I had to be transferred becos they lack adequate facility to attend to me
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Moz22: 12:04am On Feb 12, 2016
Donbabajay12:

U ar very right...d bitter truth is that I didnt have a medical card till I finish skooling dere , with all d threat that without it,u wont be able to sign course form
na lie..no be only course form. Glad I am done with that skul. Cos evrytin abt dat skul annoys me.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Donbabajay12(m): 12:14am On Feb 12, 2016
Moz22:
na lie..no be only course form. Glad I am done with that skul. Cos evrytin abt dat skul annoys me.
Lol
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Nobody: 5:14am On Feb 12, 2016
Very sweet brilliant girl.
I do call her "Iya ni Isreali" because once a while, you would see her in white sutanna within the premises, never shy of her faith

she laughs hard at every comment i pass, not because they are that funny, but because her heart is pure and positive.
I miss you Dazan, RIP
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by BlackOnassis(m): 5:44am On Feb 12, 2016
Here we are again. No system works in my dear country. But corruption runs like a well-oiled machine.
Re: Protest In Yabatech Over Death Of A Final Year Student (see Photos) by Orikinla(m): 7:33am On Feb 12, 2016
Campus medical centres in Nigeria are scams and you go there at your own peril. Students must stop wasting their time depending on school authorities in Nigeria, because majority of them are incomperent administrators. The nonsense they do in Nigeria they don't try when they get the same jobs in the UK, US and other developed countries, because they will be sacked if they fail in their duties. Many of them are crooks and rogues collecting salaries for nothing. And they are irresponsible, because the government is irresponsible with irresponsible ministers and irresponsible administrators. A government that makes more noise than sense.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Fallen Standard Of Education In Nigeria / My Brother Won 4th Place: Cbn/ibm Ennovate Nigeria Competition / List Of Fully Accredited Online Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.