Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,242 members, 7,818,827 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Ruling On Abnormal Blood Flow In Women - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Ruling On Abnormal Blood Flow In Women (540 Views)

Ruling On Celebrating Non-muslim Holidays And Congratulating Them / Ruling On Naming A Daughter After Her Mother / The Ruling On Using Perfumes Which Contain A Certain Amount Of Alcohol. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ruling On Abnormal Blood Flow In Women by Newnas(m): 9:10pm On Feb 11, 2016
Pls wat can a lady who has bin mensurating 4 a month or more dan dat do concerning solah. If d flow is not bleeding but d real mensuration dat happened due 2 medical issues?
I learnt dat if is bleeding d lady can continue prayer after 15days but wat if is not bleeding how will she go about it

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Regarding the sister's question.

firstly: may Allah reward the sister that asked the question with a lot of good and increase us all in beneficial knowledge, steadfastness upon the sunnah and sincerity.

Secondly: The issue- as the sister described it- seems to be istihaadhah (irregular blood flow).

Thirdly, when is blood flow fit to be described as irregular? The scholars are of various opinions but the two major opinions are that:

# after 15 days any other blood is abnormal. It is the opinion of the Hanbaliyyah .

#That there is no minimum or maximum number of days for blood flow. And this seems to be the most correct opinion because there is no evidence to support the 15day limit. Allah knows best. this is the opinion of Ibn taymiyyah.

Fourthly: A woman is said to have istihaadhah if the blood flows continuously through out the month and does not cease except for a few days like a day or two. (sharh mumti by Sheikh Ibn Uthymeen)

Fifthly: A woman that has abnormal flow will fall into one of Three categories :

a) She is a mu'taadah (معتادة) i.e already has a regular routine before the imbalance. In such case she would stay off Solah and adhere to the rulings of haydh (menstruation) during her regular routine before the abnormal flow started and regard other days as days of abnormal flow.

b) She is a mutamayyizah (متميزة) i.e doesn't have a regular routine but is able to distinguish the blood of normal haydh from the blood of abnormal flow. The blood of haydh is dark, thick and has unpleasant odour. In the days she sees this blood, she stays away from Solah, fast, intercourse etc. And regards other days as days of abnormal flow.

c) She is mutahayyirah (متحيرة) i.e confused and neither has a regular routine nor is able to separate days of normal haydh blood from the days of abnormal haydh. Then in this case she will look at the women around her i.e her mother, aunt, sisters etc. And then use the most common days among them.
Young women who are just starting haydh usually fall into the last category.

I have relied on the following books in this answer
subulu salam of Ameer sonaaniyy
al Wajeez by Sheikh al Badawiyy
mulakhas mufeed by Sheikh Fawzaan

This is what I have been able to compile from the statements of our scholars -past and present - may Allah have mercy on the dead among them and preserve the living among them upon sunnah and steadfastness. Aameen.
May Allah forgive the writer and readers and make this a source of His pleasure in this world and the hereafter.

The one suffering from abnormal flow will take the rulings of a normal person because it is not haydh rather a sickness which she should seek cure for . So she should observe Solah, fast, tawaf intercourse and can be divorced.
The only things obligatory upon her are
Performing ablution for every solah
Washing the exit and traces of blood before every solah
Putting on a material that will prevent the bleeding from staining around especially if she wants to observe Solah in the mosque.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ruling On Abnormal Blood Flow In Women by Nobody: 9:38am On Dec 19, 2016

(1) (Reply)

How A Murderer Gained Liberty From Death Sentence For Fulfilling Promise / Finding Love In Ramadan / Zakat For 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.