Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,164 members, 7,811,373 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:26 AM

Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City (19541 Views)

IMPERIAL CITY LEKKI: Own A Plot At Imperial International City Lekki / A New City Rises In The Next 4 Years – Imperial City / PICS: The Proposed Imperial City,elegunshi Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nienie(f): 9:29am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
The igbos will soon buy all the property

Uncle please hold your lips

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Gentleveks(m): 9:32am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
you think it is good thing make them no go develope there nonesence state if i have money i will not look at lagos i go just go develope my state
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Gentleveks(m): 9:33am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
you think it is good thing make them no go develope there state nonesence. If i have money i will not look at lagos i go just go develope my state
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by sweetgala(m): 9:39am On Feb 12, 2016
One question I'll ask is this

What is the source of the financing for this project, if more than 40% of it is from outside Nigeria. It is pointless, it follows the shale fracking principle of what is the use of gaining now to loose more in the future.

At the rate at which we are selling our real estate to foreign investors , while we create the illusion that we are partners where truly we are not beneficiaries but exploited people.

Okay they bring 300 million , but they are doing so to make a profit, well more than 300 million over a period of time but consequentially we owe them and are tied to their directives, Nigerians lack sovereign integrity.

We have to stop taking the cheap money China are throwing at us, it has to stop. It would mean an alternative more painful dig out but it has to stop.

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by 400billionman: 9:40am On Feb 12, 2016
Uncle, tell us another story..

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by amiskurie(m): 9:43am On Feb 12, 2016
Should I marry this elegushi princess with this latest news.I ve been weighing this for long.lol!
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:
LoL,its good for them.(Its a way of keeping the blood flowing in Lagos) cause they re investing their money.#letthempay

2 Likes

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by amiskurie(m): 9:44am On Feb 12, 2016
Nienie:

Lol see beating!
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by austinvsb1(m): 9:45am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetgala:

What is the source of the financing for this project, if more than 40% of it is from outside Nigeria. It is pointless, it follows the shale fracking principle of what is the use of gaining now to loose more in the future.

At the rate at which we are selling our real estate to foreign investors , while we create the illusion that we are partners where truly we are not beneficiaries but exploited people.

Okay they bring 300 million , but they are doing so to make a profit, well more than 300 million over a period of time but consequentially we owe them and are tied to their directives, Nigerians lack sovereign integrity.

We have to stop taking the cheap money China are throwing at us, it has to stop. It would mean an alternative more painful dig out but it has to stop.

Foreign investment has to stop?! Something every other country craves so badly! Sir, think deeply before you utter jargons!

4 Likes

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by sweetgala(m): 9:46am On Feb 12, 2016
memeguy:

Previously the goal was to have a house at Ikoyi, then it became Victoria Island.Then Atlantic City, and now this.

The economic divide in Lagos is gradually widening, and soon it will be impossible for people from the lowest rungs of the social ladder to move up.

Such is the model of outright capitalism we have been advised to embrace by both the east and the west, who both have failed on tbeir initials designs and are hell bent to see us go astray.

In less than 15 years poverty in Europe and North America would become a very real thing, more people are losing their homes daily, the cost of living is sky rocketing with artificial inflation, cost of education is increasing with less kids able to access quality education.

We have been told we need to grow at an alarming rate to catch up with nations who are on a free fall decline.

3 Likes

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by iamord(m): 9:47am On Feb 12, 2016
spokesboy:
Good project.
It is an entirely New City built around the Lagos Lagoon in Elegushi Kingdom Area of Lekki Phase 1. It is better and safer than similar projects within Lagos State.
I AM HAPPY TO BE PART OF THE PROJECT TEAM smiley
I this is lovely. Will like to connect with u. Got something I want to share
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by iamord(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2016
spokesboy:
Good project.
It is an entirely New City built around the Lagos Lagoon in Elegushi Kingdom Area of Lekki Phase 1. It is better and safer than similar projects within Lagos State.
I AM HAPPY TO BE PART OF THE PROJECT TEAM smiley
pls is this the render of the project? $300m for a project like this seems small.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by sweetgala(m): 9:48am On Feb 12, 2016
austinvsb1:

Foreign investment has to stop?! Something every other country craves so badly! Sir, think deeply before you utter jargons!

It's an ethical questions and if you don't have the capacity to ponder on the issues brought forth just leave it for those more learned.

There is foreign investment and foreign exploitation. The market itself is not infinite

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 9:50am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetgala:

Abeg Abeg.I would hv like to give you the 10,000 to 1 ratio of the benefits to bad of this project.
But for the records; No nation has ever done it alone not even US,UAE or Russia.trust me its more of Good than Bad.
And if you care to ask-the common man has a big benefit to get from these.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nienie(f): 9:50am On Feb 12, 2016
amiskurie:
Lol see beating!
It's annoying

2 Likes

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by spokesboy: 9:51am On Feb 12, 2016
iamord:

I this is lovely. Will like to connect with u. Got something I want to share
Please send your email message to spec4man@yahoo.com
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by FuckTheMod: 9:56am On Feb 12, 2016
Kennywonders:
Where will the funding come from? The marine world?
IF NO BE SAY THAT MISERABLE BASTĄRD OTUOKE DRUNKĄRD STOLE OUR 20 BILLION DOLLARS cry

WOE BETIDE HIM

MOST USELESS EX PRESIDENT
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2016
Nienie:

Let him speak.its a good thing actually,I am Yoruba and I knw what it means to have ppl come erect structures in your land.#letthempay
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by 9jauk: 9:57am On Feb 12, 2016
Is that the same saheed we did aluta together in Lasu;God dey
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by RichYoungNigger(m): 9:59am On Feb 12, 2016
Nienie:

Sorry.
I don't talk to ugly kids
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by sweetgala(m): 10:00am On Feb 12, 2016
ajayi01ibrahim:

Abeg Abeg.I would hv like to give you the 10,000 to 1 ratio of the benefits to bad of this project.
But for the records; No nation has ever done it alone not even US,UAE or Russia.trust me its more of Good than Bad.
And if you care to ask-the common man has a big benefit to get from these.

Other than the minimum wage employment produced and the boost in trade 60 years from now what would be the benefit. Please I'm here waiting on your answer.

Any economic gain would be temporary and would only outlive the project by 15 year from the current trends I see I. Nigeria, it has no extended legacy social value, the premise of all this crazy developments in Lagos and Abuja is that we would become a logistics hub in Nigeria and can expect a swell in population.

You do know that swell in population has a consequential effect else where, it's not a free gain after all.

Soon all the civil servants and middle income families servicing Lagos would be living in Ogun state and yonder

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by 400billionman: 10:00am On Feb 12, 2016
Kennywonders:
Where will the funding come from? The marine world?

grin
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Flyoruboy(m): 10:01am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

When will your people erect such cities in Igboland? Abi Una no value such splendor on your soil? Abi land don finish for dat side? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nienie(f): 10:03am On Feb 12, 2016
RichYoungNigger:

Sorry. I don't talk to ugly kids
😴😴😴

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Compliance(m): 10:06am On Feb 12, 2016
Its a good development. But 150 hectares Wtf University of Ilorin is 75000 acres.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 12, 2016
Keep proposing but make sure you provide adequate car parking space.

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by rabzy: 10:25am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetgala:

Other than the minimum wage employment produced and the boost in trade 60 years from now what would be the benefit. Please I'm here waiting on your answer.

Any economic gain would be temporary and would only outlive the project by 15 year from the current trends I see I. Nigeria, it has no extended legacy social value, the premise of all this crazy developments in Lagos and Abuja is that we would become a logistics hub in Nigeria and can expect a swell in population.

You do know that swell in population has a consequential effect else where, it's not a free gain after all.

Soon all the civil servants and middle income families servicing Lagos would be living in Ogun state and yonder

If there was a rail system that could get me into Lagos in one hour, i would rather live outside Lagos. My house wont be in Lagos, it would be in Oyo or Ogun state and it makes those states also grow. Look at what is happening in the Mowe-Ibafo Corridor, those places are going to boast of some very good estates in 10 years.

1 Like

Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 10:48am On Feb 12, 2016
Naira is in a bad state, The ministries are confused at the moment, The Nation has no budget, but this people in the name of building fine things for the higher class citizens are thinking of a $300M....

"Another one" in DJ Khaled's voice.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 12, 2016
sweetgala:

You need to see what

INDIA,MALAYSIA,QATAR,BRAZIL,SOUTH-AFRICA,EGYPT re doing in terms of national development and international recognition now its unbeatable by any other developing nation out there -space exploration,primary health care service delivery,massive transformation of their educational outlook,defence and security systems,manufacturing sector etc- the list is endless and one really indispensable factor is international support and collaboration.
Its overwhelming the way this nations are working together competing globally.this has always proven to super-benefial to the HOST nation citizens directly or not.

The world most powerful defence contract handler is rooted in d US and is being funded by 32 countries.the world most advanced modern day drainage and flood protection system (in malaysia) is built by 12 european countries.Indian is boasting of one of the most advanced railway networks today thanks to China and Germany rail contractors.Doha (capital of Qatar) is global tourist hub today cause of its real-estate landmarks today(its not even 50% owned by any Arab or allies.

Hong-kong in China is City that consume largest number of Rolls royce (a luxury car made and assembled in US) in the world-that ddint ruine their 2nd largest economy.South Africa is becoming a Tech hub now competing globally,thanks to 'GElectrics' and UK based BAE.
Dnt say I ddnt warn You. I leave the rest for you to guess.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by ifyan(m): 11:08am On Feb 12, 2016
Welcome development. But this should not be elephant project as we all know.
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by Raydos: 11:27am On Feb 12, 2016
I've Never Doubt My Optimism That By 2040 Lagos Would Be A Real Mega-City And Would Be Able To Compete With Other Mega-Cities Around The World! - Good One #LASG - Ogun-State Development Loading, That's Nigeria's Future New-York!
Re: Elegushi Kingdom Proposes $300m Imperial City by HomeOfMe(f): 11:35am On Feb 12, 2016
realjoker:
The Elegushi Royal Family has revealed its plan for the establishment of a $300 million new Imperial International Business City (IIBC). The new 200 hectare city will be built on reclaimed Lagoon extension of the kingdom and will also be the first eco-friendly smart business city in Africa.
The Elegushi of Ikate Kingdom, Oba Saheed Ademola Elegushi laid out his vision about the city in his palace while receiving some American investors interested in the project. He said the idea of a smart business city will address the perennial housing deficit in Lagos state and also change the landscape of real estate in Africa.
The project which is a Joint-Venture between the Royal Family and Channeldrill Resources Limited will commence in April 2016 with land reclamation. According to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Channeldrill, Mr. Femi Akioye, the project will be executed by some of the best drilling and architectural companies in the world.
“The Elegushi Royal Family has received approval for the expansion of the Ikate Kingdom by 200 hectares. It is the vision of the royal father, Oba Saheed Elegushi to create an international business city which will incorporate the work, live and play theme. The IIBC will expand the Ikate kingdom and also extend Lekki Phase 1. We are making use of the best dredging and architectural companies in the world to accomplish this feat,” Akioye said.
He said the Town and Regional Planning are being executed by Gensler Architectural Company, an American firm with global presence and United Kingdom based Grimshaw Associates. The dredging has also been contracted to two of the biggest dredging companies in the world, Jan De Nul –which is currently building Dangote Refinery- and Dredging International Limited, both Belgian companies.
According to Akioye, the imperial city when completed will boost of world class infrastructures and novel innovations. It will also consist of Residential Area (30 %), Commercial, Residential Area (10%), Business District ( 30%), Leisure & Entertainment (10%), Infrastructure ,road, recreation & green park (20%) and fibre optics telecommunications, sewage and fire service station.
Akioye: “Investors are already buying the off-plan allocation released by the Joint Venture and we are already at advance stage of the project. Our infrastructural plan will include, Lakes and water ways which will be used for internal water transportation within the city, it is also required for the city’s drainage system to prevent flooding. There will be office park which will include a shopping Mall with farmers’ fish & meat market, cinema and entertainment complex.
Two Hospital Buildings and a school other commercial areas will be sold to private investors. The office park will also have a Sports Complex. All these buildings we have a vegetated green roof to mitigate the urban heat island effect and all land owners will be encourage to use the same technology; there will also be a mini marina which can take at least 40 yachts.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/elegushi-kingdom-proposes-300m-imperial-city/
This is a good idea but I fear that one day the ocean mightwant to reclaim her original position.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Cheap Land In Festac For Sell / Filing Station On Fire Near Lagos Airport / Nigerian House Plans: Innovative Architectural Designs With Affordable Budgets

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.