Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network (3316 Views)

See Wat Nigerian Muslims Did After Face Of Dead Islamic Scholar Appeared On Pole / Nigerian Muslims Spotted Praying Under Heavy Rain (photos+video) / Nigerian Muslims Mark Eid-el-kabir Amidst Financial Constraints (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2016
Salam Alaykum Ikhwan

Please is there anyone here on Nigerian Muslims Network Forum? I tried registering on the website but I was told I have to go through a registered member for me to able to do that

Please If there's a registered member here, I'd really appreciate your assistance

Jazakumullah Khayran

http://www.nmnonline.net/
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 7:06pm On Jan 22, 2017
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 6:12am On Apr 16, 2017
Since I never got any replies, I'll be using this thread to share my random thoughts lol.

I'm​ usually confused as regards where to post comments that aren't related to the threads I created.

I don't like certain things I see on some threads so I avoid posting on them.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 6:14am On Apr 16, 2017
There is just something I love about the names; Hammaad and Salamah. I really can't explain it.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 16, 2017
Let's be sharing the thoughts together......lol

So I along with some brothers were stopped from praying at the mosque I used to pray because it was claimed that "we are gathering ourselves and we don't pray behind the imam"....this happened three days ago....

Actually I got to know that the imam of the mosque, also his naaibu are people that " browse" with sand, they work as fortune tellers..... So because of that I stopped praying behind him.... I was even managing him before sef because of all the bidah he has, from group dhikr to Sunday as-salatu, from mawlood to bidatic nikkah ati beebee lo....

So I told some brothers about the condition of the imam and they too stopped praying behind him, so we pray(not in congregation) after they've finished praying, perhaps they've discovered and that was how we were told not to pray there again....

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Demmzy15(m): 8:26pm On Apr 16, 2017
¬Yesterday, I went to collect duvet because cold is really increasing everyday, as rain falls almost every day now.

I had to go through an Indian named "Muhammad Sameer". I got to the guys office, he was squeezing face at first. After I told him what I came for, he then wrote a small note for me to take to store. He now asked, "what's your name? angry " as I told him, he was already smiling. He then asked me "do you know my name?! cheesy" I replied "yes sir". He said if I had any problems, I should come see him

For my own mind, I don meet guys guys niyen! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by FriendNG: 9:09pm On Apr 16, 2017
Demmzy15:
¬Yesterday, I went to collect duvet because cold is really increasing everyday, as rain falls almost every day now.

I had to go through an Indian named "Muhammad Sameer". I got to the guys office, he was squeezing face at first. After I told him what I came for, he then wrote a small note for me to take to store. He now asked, "what's your name? angry " as I told him, he was already smiling. He then asked me "do you know my name?! cheesy" I replied "yes sir". He said if I had any problems, I should come see him

For my own mind, I don meet guys guys niyen! grin

Don't get you. Are you doing siwes there.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Demmzy15(m): 8:22am On Apr 17, 2017
FriendNG:

Don't get you. Are you doing siwes there.
Yeah!
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 1:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:
Let's be sharing the thoughts together......lol

So I along with some brothers were stopped from praying at the mosque I used to pray because it was claimed that "we are gathering ourselves and we don't pray behind the imam"....this happened three days ago....

Actually I got to know that the imam of the mosque, also his naaibu are people that " browse" with sand, they work as fortune tellers..... So because of that I stopped praying behind him.... I was even managing him before sef because of all the bidah he has, from group dhikr to Sunday as-salatu, from mawlood to bidatic nikkah ati beebee lo....

So I told some brothers about the condition of the imam and they too stopped praying behind him, so we pray(not in congregation) after they've finished praying, perhaps they've discovered and that was how we were told not to pray there again....

Lol..Na to find another mosque nah but It will be better to try admonishing and guiding him sha.

You know most of these our old people are "Awon Afa wa sope" type of people. It's really hard to convince them because they grew up around ignorance.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 1:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Lol..Na to find another mosque nah but It will be better to try admonishing and guiding him sha.

You know most of these our old people are "Awon Afa wa sope" type of people. It's really hard to convince them because they grew up around ignorance.

Well I've tried telling him before I decided to stop praying behind him, his response was averse, which I wouldn't want to say in a forum like this...

I've been thinking for sometime if we could construct a small masjid beside my father's house....maybe we will just build blocks round the place we want to use for a start...
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 1:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Well I've tried telling him before I decided to stop praying behind him, his response was averse, which I wouldn't want to say in a forum like this...

I've been thinking for sometime if we could construct a small masjid beside my father's house....maybe we will just build blocks round the place we want to use for a start...

Toh! Olohun mo

The emboldened sounds like a good option too but eerm money e no easy to find
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 1:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Toh! Olohun mo

The emboldened sounds like a good option too but eerm money e no easy to find

Yea.....but I believe with planning it will work out, insha Allaah...

BTW, what do you take kneeling down or prostrating for veneration as? Shirk or not?
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 2:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Yea.....but I believe with planning it will work out, insha Allaah...

BTW, what do you take kneeling down or prostrating for veneration as? Shirk or not?

Olorun a se nirorun

As for prostration and kneeling, a scholar told me years ago with evidence that both aren't permissible.

Now! Whether it's Shirk or not is what I do not know.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 2:34pm On Apr 17, 2017
And then I found this to be helpful too

https://islamqa.info/en/223781
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Olorun a se nirorun

As for prostration and kneeling, a scholar told me years ago with evidence that both aren't permissible.

Yes...both aren't permissible.... I was of the opinion that its shirk and hated reading the opinion(i.e their evidence) of the scholars that say its not shirk that its just impermissible...

But interestingly I decided to read their evidences, now I think i might need to change my views, and be of the opinion that its not clearly shirk and it not clearly non-shirk...
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 2:51pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Yes...both aren't permissible.... I was of the opinion that its shirk and hated reading the opinion(i.e their evidence) of the scholars that say its not shirk that its just impermissible...

But interestingly I decided to read their evidences, now I think i might need to change my views, and be of the opinion that its not clearly shirk and it not clearly non-shirk...

Explicitly discouraged should be the best way to put it
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 17, 2017
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 3:15pm On Apr 17, 2017
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 3:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
Please clear the post AbdelKabir
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 3:22pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbuHammaad:

I have a low battery now, when I charge I will present the two arguments of the scholars(of salafiyyah oo, not people of bidah), the ones that say its shirk and those that say its not....you'll see why I said it's falls between being shirk and not....

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 3:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Toor.... I have a low battery now, when I charge I will present the two arguments of the scholars(of salafiyyah oo, not people of bidah), the ones that say its shirk and those that say its not....you'll see why I said it's falls between being shirk and not....

I saw something somewhere about bowing being Shirk but somehow, I've been unable to pinpoint where exactly I saw it or
whether I'm just mixing things up. That was why I took that comment back

I don't want to post anything that isn't verified
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 3:26pm On Apr 17, 2017
Understandable..... It happens...

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 3:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
All these people that are always so high on their own opinions when it comes to religious issues need to quit it. They really need to quit it. Wallaahi your opinion doesn't count. If you really think your opinion counts, maybe you should start your own religion because this one we are upon is completed already. Everything has its rulings and there is nothing else to add.

Last week, I saw some of the comments of our resident pseudo-feminists on a particular thread. Everything was I, I, I

Who are you? What do you know? What authentic books have you read?

3 Likes

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 7:07am On Apr 18, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Bowing/prostrating/kneeling For veneration (without intent of worship – fearing inclusive)

So some of the ulamaa said its shirk because of the aayah in sura jinn and fussilat saying only Allaah deserve our sujood(bowing, prostrating...)

Others say its not shirk because all prophets of Allaah have the same aqeedah thus cannot commit shirk, and we have nations before us that this act was allowed, so are we going to say the people and their nabi fell into shirk? The best way(according to them) to resolve this is to say, it was allowed in shareeah of other nations and not allowed in ours....just like how the yahudis don't stay with their menstruating wives but we can stay with ours.....if you say they fell into shirk then there is a conflict because the aqeedah should be the same...
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by olasaad(f): 9:59am On Apr 18, 2017
AbdelKabir:

Just make sure it not closed to the former mosque.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by olasaad(f): 10:05am On Apr 18, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Olorun a se nirorun

What of bending because I use to do that but my roommates during my services year still condemned it.

I find it difficult to greet an elderly ppl like that and yet some people still condemned it telling me I must not bend at all.

I just believe this is not a shrik as is our own way of life.
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 10:45am On Apr 18, 2017
I guess I can also drop my thoughts on this. Regarding bowing, I lean towards the idea that it is shirk because it is similar to ruku. Therefore, it is giving the creation one of Allah's right.

Reagarding kneeling down and prostrating, I honestly didn't know about it until a friend told me a few years back. Even when she did, I didn't really understand- she mentioned something about knees not bending or touching the floor for other than Allah. Whether it is shirk or not, I don't know but I just aviod it because it is safer. If you think about it, standing up to greet a person is not permissible, how about lying on the floor?

Its hard considering the Yoruba culture. I remember when I was in Lagos and I didn't kneel down to greet an old woman. She had no problem withbit tbh but it was another man that saw how I greeted her that scolded me, saying thay this isnt how we greet an elderly and things.
Honestly, this like this makes me want to run away from the culture and avoid it as much as possible. This isn't about just greeting but other things as well - for example, traditional marriage, burial and other things.

2 Likes

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 10:55am On Apr 18, 2017
olasaad:

What of bending because I use to do that but my roommates during my services year still condemned it.

I find it difficult to greet an elderly ppl like that and yet some people still condemned it telling me I must not bend at all.

I just believe this is not a shrik as is our own way of life.

Well..The general consensus like we said earlier is that it's explicitly discouraged. Whether it's shirk or not is a non-issue we are just trying to flesh out.

Since it's strongly discouraged, we won't even bother to do it

Abdelkabir. There are so many gems here

https://islamqa.info/en/229780

But what I was able to deduce from it is that if the intent is to bow to someone say for worship a la the soofiyyah do to Abdul Qaadir Al jilaanee and Rabi'ah Al-Adawiyyah, then it's Shirk. If it's for respect, then it's not Shirk but a major sin.

That said, I won't conclusively rely on that. I still need to search for more opinions

Allãhu A'lam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 18, 2017
^^
Jazakallahu khyran

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 11:01am On Apr 18, 2017
snapscore:
I guess I can also drop my thoughts on this. Regarding bowing, I lean towards the idea that it is shirk because it is similar to ruku. Therefore, it is giving the creation one of Allah's right.

Reagarding kneeling down and prostrating, I honestly didn't know about it until a friend told me a few years back. Even when she did, I didn't really understand- she mentioned something about knees not bending or touching the floor for other than Allah. Whether it is shirk or not, I don't know but I just aviod it because it is safer. If you think about it, standing up to greet a person is not permissible, how about lying on the floor?

Its hard considering the Yoruba culture. I remember when I was in Lagos and I didn't kneel down to greet an old woman. She had no problem withbit tbh but it was another man that saw how I greeted her that scolded me, saying thay this isnt how we greet an elderly and things.
Honestly, this like this makes me want to run away from the culture and avoid it as much as possible. This isn't about just greeting but other things as well - for example, traditional marriage, burial and other things.

Na'am! but you know bowing could also be done for veneration not necessarily worship. Are we going to say it's Shirk if the intent is to greet the person?

I myself grew up in a deeply cultural environment. I was trained by elders and growing up, I had to do these things. I was ignorant then but as I grew older and started learning, I stopped doing it. It was really hard to convince those around me why I stopped. It took so much wisdom. Alhamdulillah, they now understand why and they don't stress me much these days. Moreover, I'm physically far away from them at the moment so it's not even discussed anymore lol
Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by AbuHammaad: 11:02am On Apr 18, 2017
snapscore:
^^
Jazakallahu khyran

Wa iyyãki

1 Like

Re: Please Is Anyone Here On Nigerian Muslims Network by Nobody: 11:06am On Apr 18, 2017
AbuHammaad:

Na'am! but you know bowing could also be done for veneration not necessarily worship. Are we going to say it's Shirk if the intent is to greet the person?

When I mentioned bowing, I mentioned it for veneration.

I myself grew up in a deeply cultural environment. I was trained by elders and growing up, I had to do these things. I was ignorant then but as I grew older and started learning, I stopped doing it. It was really hard to convince those around me why I stopped. It took so much wisdom. Alhamdulillah, they now understand why and they don't stress me much these days. Moreover, I'm physically far away from them at the moment so it's not even discussed anymore
@bolded is what I mean when I say I want to run away from the culture. It also means not marrying into the culture because I don't want to deal with it and I don't want my kids to deal with it as well. But then agian, no culture is free from imperfections.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Month Of Dhul Hijjah / What Does My Name Means?monsuru / Muslim Men Are Allowed To Rape Non-muslim Women To Teach Them A Lesson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.