Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,907 members, 7,838,234 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? (611 Views)

Properties For Sale In Festac Town, Lagos Under N10m...no Omo Onile Wahala / Omo-Onile Syndrome: Cancer Ravaging South-West Nigeria / Real Estate: The Problem Of 'Omo Onile' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? by OEO: 9:16am On Jul 06, 2009
I have a property that I want to develop. But the fear of Omo Onile is giving me a hell of worry. Can anyone in the house that has experienced these, help/advice me.
jydewalker@yahoo.com
Re: How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? by Nobody: 10:30am On Jul 06, 2009
Where?
If in a government estate in Lagos, you need not worry.
If it is in Lagos, I am used to most of them cos of my vast construction network in Lagos.
If its on the Island, then you are talking about my pals. I relate with them even well especially the ones in Lekki and Ajah.
But whatever the case, you must be ready to part with something. Give to Caesar, What's Caesar's.
My usual advice to my clients is that; When you buy a plot of Land, set aside a given amount for Omo oniles and pretend its a part of the Land's cost.
You do that for estate agents, why can't you do it for omo oniles.
I can only promise you a good bargain.
Re: How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? by janykute: 6:23pm On Jul 06, 2009
you definitely sound like one of them.
Re: How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jul 06, 2009
You make me laugh
Maybe you are still a Baby in the Industry. Your Boss does all the negotiations.
When you grow in the industry, you will understand what I mean.
Mind you, I'm a PM. I do lots of negotiations.
I don't have to sweet talk the poster. This is real. This is Lagos. I sincerely wish I can do business without their interference. But my dear, I'm living it up.
Take my advice. You will end up doing so!

You will pay less if you familiarize urself with any of their leaders at the foundation stage rather than wait for them to embarrass you, your contractors, workmen and then ask for more.

I had a client once who was a military man. The site was a no go area for omo oniles. At first we thought it was sweet, but later, no body was willing to do business with us or work for us there. No suppliers, tippers etc.

We later found out that they were molesting any body (such as sand suppliers) who brings anything to that site, Not in that env. but in the suppliers respective place of business.

Guy, we had to succumb without the knowledge of the Client, so as to achieve our target.

So my guy, before I gave that type of advice, My eyes don cccccccccccccc
Re: How Can I Boycott/sideline Omo Onile? by OEO: 10:42am On Sep 25, 2009
Thx a million!

The land is in Ofada, a village after Mowe.

any more info?

(1) (Reply)

Nil / Land For Sale At Ogombo / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.