Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,750 members, 7,809,868 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:23 PM

Yet Another Job Test Rejection - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Yet Another Job Test Rejection (2288 Views)

“Don’t Come With Charms”, Oil Company Says In Job Test Invite. / Just Landed Another Job Via Nairaland!! / How I Failed The Fidelity Bank Job Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Cersei: 11:26am On Feb 12, 2016
I'm only making this thread because I'm at my wits end. I consider my self an intelligent young lady who takes on challenges. I've written several job tests but never move past the initial stage even with adequate preparations. I practice tests thoroughly and I do quite well. But the real job tests never pushes my application forward. I have a bsc and msc in engineering with excellent grades. I'm working at a job that pays less than 50k with no future prospect after being unemployed for more than a year. I just got another rejection months of prep for the test. I don't even know if I should quit my job and apply to further my education phd because I'm so depressed. Pls advice nairaland

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by StPete: 11:29am On Feb 12, 2016
You don't hav to make yourself feel depressed whatsoever. Life comes with its resultant up and down effect. Keep the hope alive and still keep trying for better luck. Soon, u shall get what u seek. Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by occ5050: 11:34am On Feb 12, 2016
Be patient, keep exploring other opportunities, dnt quit tryin. Quiters never win and winners never quit. So dnt give room for depression because it's a tool by the devil. To deny one of good things to come. Thank God for where you are and where He is taking you. Put more efforts, re-strategize in job hunting and preparation apparoach.

God will see you through. Cheers.

You can also follow this link https://www.nairaland.com/2907013/updated-new-job-vacancies

Debbie posts reliable jobs there, so visit there daily and try the jobs. Something good will come.

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Aremu01(m): 11:42am On Feb 12, 2016
Hmmm, even with MSc. Big sighs

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 12:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
Why should you feel depressed?
Because you haven't gotten another Job? Come on! @least you have a Job that gives you cash. Just keep believing and know what you want and never keep trying.

I have a Job, but I haven't been paid since december. Not because I love it, but because the experience I am gathering now by God's grace will earn me something tangible few months from now.
Maybe few months from now, when I see a vacancy with 3-5years experience, I wouldn't be scared to apply.

Know what you want and chase it down hard!

4 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by babra19: 12:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
Cersei:
I'm only making this thread because I'm at my wits end. I consider my self an intelligent young lady who takes on challenges. I've written several job tests but never move past the initial stage even with adequate preparations. I practice tests thoroughly and I do quite well. But the real job tests never pushes my application forward. I have a bsc and msc in engineering with excellent grades. I'm working at a job that pays less than 50k with no future prospect after being unemployed for more than a year. I just got another rejection months of prep for the test. I don't even know if I should quit my job and apply to further my education phd because I'm so depressed. Pls advice nairaland
my dear sister
you are lucky that you have a job that you receive salary every month, no matter how little it is, is better than nothing.
look at me I have no job and am still happy because I know God will pave way for me
going for PhD is like furthering more on your course to become a lecturer
if you don't want such
I will advice you to search for professional courses companies are looking for and proceed with it
this life is all about patience so I wish you all the best.

6 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by obinoral1179(m): 1:18pm On Feb 12, 2016
sis don't quit and always give your best in your present place o work. the company might not have a future but no experience is waste. the experience is vital and you should always tailor you work experience in line with any job you are applying for.... Am sure God will pick our call soon....
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Folksyharry(m): 2:11pm On Feb 12, 2016
You really shouldn't worry that much. Continue with your work and like a poster above me suggested if you don't have plans of being a lecturer then you shouldn't go for the PhD but go for professional courses related to engineering and management. I'm not saying this for you to be complacent but a lot of people will be very happy to be in your position. Continue to search for jobs and one day you will get that job that will meet your aspirations. Good luck.
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 2:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
It's only a matter of time @cersei

You would surely come out good,

"Downtime is prep time"
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 4:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
[size=20pt]You're surely gonna read plenty "don't give up yet" "God is in control" "downtime is prep time" & so many other bullsh!ts undecided
Truth is Nigeria is so f#cked up, the probability of young graduates getting a job is becoming slimmer each day.
Getting a job is now like winning a lottery.

Go for Your masters.

You've got every right to be depressed, if You see any opportunity of leaving this country...RUN!

Or if You've got any business in mind, give it a shot.
Good luck....[/size]

7 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by nmreports: 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lol...
I am laughing because most successful pass through this stage.
You will look back at today and have a good laugh at how you were so sad and depressed because of this little challenge.

Imagine it, keep dreaming it, keep seeing it and you will eventually have it.
You are made for more.

Think about it, with your resilience, goal getting mentality and with prayers, do you really think you will be in this stage/ state forever? NO!.
So just relax. Do your below 50k job very well and keep applying keep embracing failure and rejection and before you know it, you will land that dream job, that dream deal that will change your life forever.

Keep at it sis. We all have been in this stage and some of us are still where you are. We will become better shortly.
NEVER GIVE UP.

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 6:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
Nigeria is truly fvcked

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 12, 2016
Lalasticlala. still smoking? undecided

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by jostking: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
Dear OP, I will implore you to read the life JACK MA, founder alibaba...you will never be depressed ever.
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by deochris749(m): 7:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
Remember ; God over everything. Make Him your Lord and saviour if you haven't, faithfully serve Him and adhere to His commandments if you're not doing that yet. Cos when we must have tried our best, WE STILL NEED GOD. Don't give up cos you have a lot of doubters to prove wrong. Its good if you can go for Phd now but if not, just believe in God and keep your head up.

Blessed!

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Kingzy4pep(m): 7:20pm On Feb 12, 2016
This should be on front page lalasticalala. If not for anything atleast, she needs encouragement.
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by archer1(m): 7:51pm On Feb 12, 2016

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by Nobody: 9:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
archer1:
@cersei In Nigeria today, being intelligent or accumulating degrees doesn't guarantee you a job, knowing the right people in the right places helps. I know this because I also have a BSc and an MSc with Distinction in Public Health (and plenty other 'by the way' professional certificates) from a UK university and I'm still jobless. Which gives me the feeling that doing a PhD will only 'postpone' ones unemployment problems for another 4-5 years. I'll give you the same advice I've been given; Don't give up, nothing good comes easy, connect with people, start somewhere,have fun and consider this period as a holiday cos when you start work you wont have time to have as much fun...

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by profeoo(m): 9:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
I suggest you forget about the PhD since your sole aim of considering that is because you think it will put you in good stead to get a better job. But I tell you it will only push you closer to being a lecturer.
Just be calm and ensure you find at least a reason or more why you need to be grateful for your current job. This will enliven your spirit and renew your self confidence whenever an invite comes to write a test/interview.
Patient lady,the job will come....consider where you presently as a training ground for something far better!!!
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by ckuteg(f): 11:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
See you,do u know how many test I have written and got a regret mail, but I never gave up....you need to see the way I use to apply for any vacancy.....and yes I got invites for some...can't count d no of interviews I went for...and do u know some of the jobs I got was not even permanent .....I worked somewhere for 6months, left and did a volunteer job for6months again...did another for 6weeks intern(one nice coy), did another again for a month left again cos I was paid peanuts compare to what I was doing and they wanted to change it to internship for me....na so I take race. Hmm all the while I was still applying oo ..I resigned becos I got a better offer(I tot it was great then) signed offer letter n everything for them to say company they try minimize cost that I should hold on......still holding on till Jesus come. While waiting did a relief role for 15days ....to cut d story short .I sha got a better permanent offer and still have pending interviews o . Mehn am tired of typing....lemme just round it off, but the crux of the matter is Never ever stop trying, failure only makes u better,it gets u prepared and well positioned...do u know (nt hypin myself, it can only be God)I now ace interviews....even my confidence they surprise me ,even test I now pass them(me pass test befor,if I hear). All those rejections/failures and stipends they were giving as salary perpared me for greater opportuinites. You all should just ignore my typos...

1 Like

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by OgaSirAde(m): 11:55pm On Feb 12, 2016
See op regret mails no be new thing to me at all cheesy though it hurts considering the efforts you put. Btwn last year nd now written lots of test and interview just for change of a higher paying Job oh, some I don reach last stage yet offer letter still didn't come. Last regret mail frm one firm like dat was dis Wed after preparing well oh for d test grin Op just continue wit ur job just like me and keep applying, keep writing tests and keep going for interviews certainly your change of job will come.

BTW I have one dis coming tue sef grin still thinking how d arrangemnt go be. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by emeka51: 10:41am On Feb 13, 2016
Cersei:

My dear last month I travelled a 14hrs journey from jos to owerri for my first and only test examination. After a long preparation I didn't score well at the test I was soo depressed but I still keep faith that the right job will come when. God want
Re: Yet Another Job Test Rejection by kayoade09: 6:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
No matter the Challenges you are Passing through, the same God who Solved other People's Problems will also put an end to your challenges.
Have Faith in God and Trust Him.

(1) (Reply)

Russelsmith Group 2017 Latest Recruitment (3 Positions) / African Development Bank Group (afdb) Recruiting Officers & Assistants / GT Bank Entry Level Employee Referral Program

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.