Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,168 members, 7,835,911 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:21 PM

Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner (29210 Views)

Why Supreme Court Sacked Sheriff As Pdp Chairman / Supreme Court Declared Markafi The Authentic National Chairman Of PDP / Abia Guber: Why Appeal Court Declared Alex Otti Winner By Bamidele Salako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Nobody: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
TimeManager:
Supreme court is a scam. Dakuku has a strong case against the SC. It must be compelled under the law to reverse its cash & carry decision. Waiting for legal luminaries to turn the SC into shreds
Wailers sef.....
The truth has spoken

Lolz Reverse ko,Rewind ni

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by kcmichael: 2:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
shammah1:
Read the thread well before commenting. SC said that APC couldn't prove their allegations that the election was plunged with violence and didn't hold. & the Ali Ambrose led tribunal did not give Wike of PDP fair hearings. That's to say that the Rivers Tribunals was bought by Buhari & Amaechi that was why they relocated it from PHC to FCT. Don't die crying. I know it's too painful for you & your types to accept but who cares? undecided

Remember SC had Earlier ruled that Rivers state "was a theatre of War" and that "Tribunal was properly constituted" why did they Overule theirself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by shammah1(m): 2:42pm On Feb 12, 2016
You dey mind these mumus?
poiZon:

writing or righting the wrongs of the controlled tribunal and appellate court.
bros if u dont like wat is happening, abeg visit lagoon.
will rather prefer a rerun whr monies will be spent, election conducted n declared inconclusive and innocent voters will still be killed in quantum n at the end pdp will still be announce winner?
abi for ur warped mind u think wike for lose the rerun?
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by TimeManager(m): 2:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
Why would the SC had to uphold the rerun of the house of assembly elections which took place the same day with the gubernatorial. I repeat SC miss it big time. What explains the SC blatantly dismissed INEC guildlines that has a constitutional backing?. Wike, Odili... You will both bite the dust.
Wailers sef.....
The truth has spoken!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by shammah1(m): 2:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
Same way APC can never win Rivers State. Dakuku, Amaechi & Buhari just got Wike'd grin tongue. You're so pained cry
themilanway:

I don't know about Ogun,Kebbi and Oyo.Just count Lagos out.

PDP can never win Lagos even after Christ come and go.

JK was simply kiding.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by UGWENNA: 2:49pm On Feb 12, 2016
Wike had previously challenged the constitution of the tribunal in the appeal and supreme Court and the both courts held that the tribunal was lawfully constituted. In dismissing Wike's appeal, the supreme Court said that Rivers state was a theatre of war, thus the tribunal even with their security men could not conduct sittings in River state. In the tribunal Wike, INEC and Dakuku were all giving opportunities to present their witnesses which they did. So how could supreme Court says that Wike was not giving fair hearing because I am aware that Wike closed his case even when he still had time to call in more witnesses at the tribunal. for me, I think supreme Court has legalised electoral violence. May God save Nigeria from politicians, police and the judiciary.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by tritt(m): 2:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
kcmichael:
This same SC that said Rivers state was a theatre of War,I weep for Naija
Keep weeping by the time your short of tears you can drink salt and water.

3 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by shammah1(m): 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
They ruled against injustice bro. Can you also weep the states that SC gave justice in favour of APC? undecided
kcmichael:

Remember SC had Earlier ruled that Rivers state "was a theatre of War" and that "Tribunal was properly constituted" why did they Overule theirself

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by kcmichael: 2:52pm On Feb 12, 2016
UGWENNA:
Wike had previously challenged the constitution of the tribunal in the appeal and supreme Court and the both courts held that the tribunal was lawfully constituted. In dismissing Wike's appeal, the supreme Court said that Rivers state was a theatre of war, thus the tribunal even with their security men could not conduct sittings in River state. In the tribunal Wike, INEC and Dakuku were all giving opportunities to present their witnesses which they did. So how could supreme Court says that Wike was not giving fair hearing because I am aware that Wike closed his case even when he still had time to call in more witnesses at the tribunal. for me, I think supreme Court has legalised electoral violence. May God save Nigeria from politicians, police and the judiciary.

Bros abeg take one chilled bottle of Kunu n Zobo don't mind those wey no dey think.sC overule itself

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by openmine(m): 2:53pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:
These SC justices are a bunch of criminals.
So they discarded reasons why the election was massively rigged and thus a sham and upheld Wike's fraudulent election just because they feel he wasn't given a fair hearing at the tribunal!
If there was any further doubt that Wike bought his victory,then this clears it all.
Nemesis would catch up with them all.
There was once a SC justice from Benue state who was accused of being fraudulent by Salami of the appeal court.Just a few months down the line,after his(SC judge)retirement,his wife was killed by a falling tree in their family compound.
God is not blind and his justice though delayed,but cannot be denied and it strikes at the heart of men!!!
Smh...dere are procedures for proving that an election was marred by violence.....Unfortunately the legal team from APC were unable to present any tangible proof rather they relied on hearsay and sentiments....to make matters worse they presented 5(or more) witnesses and an inec officer that was never there...pls tell me..how can 5 witnesses give an account of over 300 polling units in rivers state....? undecided undecided

You are accusing the SC of being bias yet you neglected the fact that the same judges upheld the elections of most of the APC governors particularly the election of ogun state governor Ibikunle Amosun that same night....Pls let me ask u...are you implying that amosun,one of the saintly governors,bribed the SC judges too?

So if there is any one to blame in all this episode,go and blame APC legal team who did a terrible and incompetent job dat day....Stop blaming SC cos they don't pass judgement based on hearsay or emotional outcry but concrete facts that are enshrined in our laws...enough is enough sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Amanwulu1(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:

U are a dimwit. Instead of joining sane minds to condemn a fraudulent judgement,u are here throwing childish tantrums.
These are d kinds of decisions that breed dictatorship if u don't know.With the kind of pressure some people would put on PMB,particularly with revelations of how Wike met the justices,and with the irritating reason they gave today,dont be surprised to see a president that will soon start to wield his enormous powers.
It's your same type that will come out crying.I thought the certain faith of Nnamdi Kanu should have thought your type some lessons in power,but I clearly ascribed more intellect to u than u are due.
by "his enormous power" I'm u mean illegal power bc any power not vested upon him by d constitutn is illegal n we've seen him tow dat line but nigeria pass am. I knw u love buhari n apc bt it must not b something we have in common as nigerians bt love for nigeria.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by openmine(m): 2:57pm On Feb 12, 2016
dunkem21:

..After the wailing, play Ben Bruce ..

.. Ben bruce ..Ben bruce grin
grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by shammah1(m): 2:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
No, the only rule is that Amaechi, Dakuku & Buhari just got a whooping from Wiked Wike grin. Do the needful
OneManLegion:

Lmao.
Okay...I now understand the number one rule of wailers: whatever happens, Buhari can't be right; even when he's right, he's still wrong!!

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by shammah1(m): 3:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
God bless you sir
openmine:

Smh...dere are procedures for proving that an election was marred by violence.....Unfortunately the legal team from APC were unable to present any tangible proof rather they relied on hearsay and sentiments....to make matters worse they presented 5(or more) witnesses and an inec officer that was never there...pls tell me..how can 5 witnesses give an account of over 300 polling units in rivers state....? undecided undecided

You are accusing the SC of being bias yet you neglected the fact that the same judges upheld the elections of most of the APC governors particularly the election of ogun state governor Ibikunle Amosun that same night....Pls let me ask u...are you implying that amosun,one of the saintly governors,bribed the SC judges too?

So if there is any one to blame in all this episode,go and blame APC legal team who did a terrible and incompetent job dat day....Stop blaming SC cos they don't pass judgement based on hearsay or emotional outcry but concrete facts that are enshrined in our laws...enough is enough sad sad

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by BekeeBuAgbara: 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
TimeManager:
Why would the SC had to uphold the rerun of the house of assembly elections which took place the same day with the gubernatorial. I repeat SC miss it big time. What explains the SC blatantly dismissed INEC guildlines that has a constitutional backing?. Wike, Odili... You will both bite the dust.
Wailers sef.....
The truth has spoken!
Which supreme court ruled on state house of assembly elections?
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by sochima1989(m): 3:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
imagine oh.......these are my expectations:
1. Dasuki: discharged and justified reasons that his wife wasn't questioned if her husband is guilty.
2.Olisa metuh: because he was handcuffed on a friday.
3. Namisa boss, sambo, etc...... they met their bail requirements.

every court is not a room for justice. ...especially when the judges are more concerned about peace and not justice.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by baralatie(m): 3:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
Spyman28:
What a weak reason to bring Wike back to life.
You call
a,upholding the electoral law as a superior document over inec guidelines (card reader) as the legal point of discus concerning the legality of an election as weak
b,that it cited the lower courts attempt of denying the RIGHTS TO A FAIR HEARING
c,that the lower courts gave a judgement in complete ERROR
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by baralatie(m): 3:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
openmine:

Spot On!
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by kasay: 3:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
shammah1:
Wailer weep for your brain to be back

Street urchin,you have been noticed. Now, can you continue in your cursed trade of scavenging dustbins and refuse dumps??

This post is far beyond your age, knowledge and upbringing. It's for matured, sophisticated and enlightened minds. It's not for deviants, urchins and miscreants like you.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by dunkem21(m): 3:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:

U are a dimwit. Instead of joining sane minds to condemn a fraudulent judgement,u are here throwing childish tantrums.
These are d kinds of decisions that breed dictatorship if u don't know.With the kind of pressure some people would put on PMB,particularly with revelations of how Wike met the justices,and with the irritating reason they gave today,dont be surprised to see a president that will soon start to wield his enormous powers.
It's your same type that will come out crying.I thought the certain faith of Nnamdi Kanu should have thought your type some lessons in power,but I clearly ascribed more intellect to u than u are due.

..Make we pop champagne o ..

..Ben bruce .. Ben bu ..

So, make I follow you dey wail make you call me IPOD shocked

E pain am tongue
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by justmenoni: 3:21pm On Feb 12, 2016
Apc states are different grin grin cheesy

quote author=Pavarottii post=42857629]
Wat r ur reasons 4 the post? Knowing d same court upheld Lagos, Ogun, Kebbi and Oyo! [/quote]
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by LegalAnalyst(m): 3:22pm On Feb 12, 2016
There is a plethora of case law on this issues, so much so that the issue is very well settled in law and should no longer give rise to any other position that the concept of fair hearing is an integral part of justice administration and derives from the principles of natural justice and fairness.

The rule of fair hearing requires that in all disputes between two more parties, judgement should not be based on one-sided testimony. And in the opinion of Superem Court in the instance case is that Wike was not given fair hearing, hence the need to resolve the issue in his favour. The SC only gave legal reason which is apt in law. The legal reason is very apt and appropriate in law.

If you are not still satified by now, you need to wait until the case is reported for you to have the full assessment of the fact that will enable you to know If Wike was given fair hearing.

*NaijaLegalAnalyst*
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by kenny987(f): 3:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
The right to fair hearing is sacrosanct and in fact the bedrock of any legal exercise along with requisite jurisdiction. For those disrespectfully castigating the Supreme Court and its Justices, can you cast your mind back as to the major reason why the former Governor of Adamawa has just had his impeachment upturned by the same court and all his benefits reinstated? It is also because he was not granted fair hearing!

It is also the law that the onus of proof lies on the petitioner/complainant. The Court has ruled that the APC did not sufficiently discharge this burden...this is over and final. There's a lot more to deal with than all these vituperation and insults I see here.

Anyone that thinks it is a reason to misinterpret the reasoning of the courts and perpetuate electoral malpractises will also have the same court throw them out of any fraudulently occupied offices provided the petitioner is able to diligently prove its case.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by ENEONWO(m): 3:24pm On Feb 12, 2016
It is really unfortunate! What a wacked reason!!

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by MindTwister: 3:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
dunkem21:

..After the wailing, play Ben Bruce ..

.. Ben bruce ..Ben bruce grin

lmaooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Eluwilussit(m): 3:27pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pavarottii:

Wat r ur reasons 4 the post? Knowing d same court upheld Lagos, Ogun, Kebbi and Oyo!

His reason is zomb...Abeg help me complete am. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by igala1(m): 3:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
INEC was issued a notice to produce voters register& other materials which they bluntly refused to produce. How does the SC expect Dakuku to enforce same. It is law that if exhibits upon a court notice to produce are not produced, then judgement can be entered against such defiance. This is so unjust. They just limited the entire case to card reader.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by danehijan: 3:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
What mind thinketh eye don't see.

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by olajizz01(m): 3:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
So,these are the lame excuses these compromised supreme court judges postponed till today,no wonder why wike called one of them is adviser.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by baralatie(m): 4:01pm On Feb 12, 2016
igala1:
INEC was issued a notice to produce voters register& other materials which they bluntly refused to produce. How does the SC expect Dakuku to enforce same. It is law that if exhibits upon a court notice to produce are not produced, then judgement can be entered against such defiance. This is so unjust. They just limited the entire case to card reader.
Oga it was dakuku legal that based its brief on the card reader and the inec produced electoral materials both to dakuku and wike.
The lower court delivered a ruling against wikes' rights which the supreme court has corrected!
The SC in its ruling has also corrected other legal issues that pertains to interpretation and use of the electoral act in litigation as distinct from the inec electoral guideline.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by TimeManager(m): 4:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
@BekeeBuAgbara, If you're still asking whether the SC upheld the rerun of both the state & federal houses of assembly elections, it's obvious the bandwagon over the governorship election has overtaken the attention of the other area of interests. I felt reluctant to reply you cos i thought you were just being rhetorical. SC has jurisprudence over all election matters, so you know.
The truth has spoken!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northerners On Edge Over Ethnic Profiling In South West / Jonathan’s Loyalists Responsible For Maina’s Reinstatement – Presidency / Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.