Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,216 members, 7,836,051 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:54 PM

Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner (29212 Views)

Why Supreme Court Sacked Sheriff As Pdp Chairman / Supreme Court Declared Markafi The Authentic National Chairman Of PDP / Abia Guber: Why Appeal Court Declared Alex Otti Winner By Bamidele Salako (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Julietekekwe1: 4:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
themilanway:

I don't know about Ogun,Kebbi and Oyo.Just count Lagos out.

PDP can never win Lagos even after Christ come and go.

JK was simply kiding.
Okeeeee I can understand now, PDP should count Lagos out, and APC will count SS and SE in Abe? Self centered Zombie.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by rottennaija(m): 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
BlackMerchant:

The decision in the Lagos case was on the merits bro. Same wtih Ogun, Kebbi and Oyo. But the decision in the Rivers case did not consider the merits of the case. More like the case was decided on technical points, which the Supreme Court, in the past, had frowned at.

Purely technicalities. Exactly how popular wanted it
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by phiphis: 4:15pm On Feb 12, 2016
The More Details of the Judgement:

The supreme court has come up with reasons behind its Rivers election verdict that affirmed the election of Nyesom wike as the validly elected governor of the state

DAILY POST reports that the crux of the judgment is that the trial tribunal and the lower appeal court were wrongly swayed by INEC guideline on the use of card readers for the election.

The court also said that the trial tribunal denied Wike fair hearing when it was hearing the petition.

It held that while it commends INEC for the introduction of card readers, the innovation, however, cannot supersede the voters register.

The court said that extant laws of the federation provides for the use of voters register but the card reader irrespective of its importance does not have a place in any extant law of the land.

Hence it said that the tribunal was wrong to base it judgment on non compliance with the use of card readers.

It advised INEC to approach the National Assembly for an amendment to incorporate the use of card readers in the law of the land.

On the issue of allegation of violence and hijacking, the court held that Dakuku was not able to prove beyond reasonable doubt because he failed to bring in witnesses from all the polling units to substantiate the claims.

The court also held that for peterside to prove non accreditation, he ought to have tendered the voters register and then demonstrate it.

The court said that the voters register could not be jettisoned for the card reader because it has a place in law while the card reader doesn’t.

The court also held that the tribunal and the lower court were unduly swayed by INEC’s directive on card reader usage during the election, adding that it cannot supersede the voters register.

However, the court while noting that INEC is empowered to make subsidiary regulations as regards election, said the regulations must not go contrary to constitutional provisions.

On the evidence of INEC staff known as PW40 who described the election as a sham and a mockery of democracy, the court held that his evidence cannot take the place of voters as he himself under cross exermination did not say that he personally witnessed any violence but depended on hearsay.

Finally the court held that to warrant nullification of an election, a petitioner has to prove that there was substantial non-compliance in all polling units, adding that they failed to bring the issue within this parametre.

The court commended INEC for its innovation of the smart card readers but was quick to add that validation of voting process through the use of voters register takes precedent over any other process for now.

http://dailypost.ng/2016/02/12/rivers-judgement-supreme-court-flaws-tribunal-appeal-courts/
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by rottennaija(m): 4:16pm On Feb 12, 2016
drss:
modified:
d revelation by supreme court is a solid prove dat APC govt muzzled tribunals n appeal courts to take ova PDP states through d window. can anybody explain why a tribunal judge will be removed in d middle of court proceedings an replaced by an APC supporter how can wike be given fair hearing in d mids of all these impunity n lawlessness d desperation by APC govt to take ova oyel states especially rivers n akwa ibom has infact shown dat judas ameachi is hopelessly kworopt. he used rivers state funds to sponsor baba london. because of dat, APC ar desperate to nap rivers so dat their doll babe puppet, dukuku will cover their shady dealings.
weldone supreme court, d last home of d comon man. cheesy

Shut the duck up. The tribunal and appeal court judges are more knowledgeable than the Supreme Court judges and they based their case on merits
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Charly68: 4:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
These judges must be probed.. They have committed terrible judicial error. Useless judges
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by tuniski: 4:26pm On Feb 12, 2016
mrvitalis:
We all know the supreme Court gave us judgement so that peace can reign

this reason is soo not good enough.. .. u could have ordered for a retrial of the case na
Do get the full reasons and advice given to inec and the executive. Very Robust reasons. God bless the supreme court.

Painfully, when one calls for rule of law, the zombies will start insulting . This noisy war on corruption that is done outside of the ambit of law will fall flat.
Thank you supreme court for sustaining our democracy.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Bgorgeous: 4:30pm On Feb 12, 2016
You can imagine the excuse given by a supreme Court to uphold election that went down with blood . God in heaven is watching
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Bgorgeous: 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2016
Did the word re- trial disappear from their law vocabulary?
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by poseidon12: 4:32pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:
These SC justices are a bunch of criminals.
So they discarded reasons why the election was massively rigged and thus a sham and upheld Wike's fraudulent election just because they feel he wasn't given a fair hearing at the tribunal!
If there was any further doubt that Wike bought his victory,then this clears it all.
Nemesis would catch up with them all.
There was once a SC justice from Benue state who was accused of being fraudulent by Salami of the appeal court.Just a few months down the line,after his(SC judge)retirement,his wife was killed by a falling tree in their family compound.
God is not blind and his justice though delayed,but cannot be denied and it strikes at the heart of men!!!

I guess by your flawed logic Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom and Ikpeazu of Abia state also bought their victories at the supreme court? Clap for yourself.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by hopilo: 4:33pm On Feb 12, 2016
kcmichael:

The supreme court explained that the burden of proof was on Peterside to prove that the election was marred by wanton violence, and that it did not take place.

https://www.thecable.ng/supreme-court-tribunal-denied-wike-fair-hearing

The reason is that Peterside could not prove that elections did not take place. To establish that fact goes beyond loading people in buses to testify in court.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by hopilo: 4:35pm On Feb 12, 2016
poseidon12:

I guess by your flawed logic Udom Emmanuel of Akwa Ibom and Ikpeazu of Abia state also bought their victories at the supreme court? Clap for yourself.
Oyo, Lagos and Zamfara bought too. This supreme court hammer no be small oooooo if we go by zombies taught pattern.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Nosaghae(m): 4:43pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:
So they discarded reasons why the election was massively rigged and thus a sham and upheld Wike's fraudulent election just because they feel he wasn't given a fair hearing at the tribunal!
If there was any further doubt that Wike bought his victory,then this clears it all.
There was once a SC justice from Benue state who was accused of being fraudulent by Salami of the appeal court.Just a few months down the line,after his(SC judge)retirement,his wife was killed by a falling tree in their family compound.
God is not blind and his justice though delayed,but cannot be denied and it strikes at the heart of men!!!
I am very sure you didn't read the full text if not you would have seen this ''It held that Dakuku Peterside, candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the governorship poll and respondent in the appeal, was unable to prove that an election did not take place in Rivers state on April 11.''
I understand your pain shall, after you and your Oga Don call Wike caretaker governor finish the rugged guy remain the governor. you remember how Fayose take give APC 16--0 for ekiti na Wetin Wike go do una for next month election. Na motherless babies home go be una final bus stop after all una Oga talk say una be orphans now.
NB. NA WIKE WE KNOW AND NA WIKE WE VOTE FOR.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by dioman: 4:45pm On Feb 12, 2016
themilanway:

JK was simply kiding.
APC can't win in Aks, Rivers, Cross River and other SS states

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by poseidon12: 4:47pm On Feb 12, 2016
drss:
modified:
d revelation by supreme court is a solid prove dat APC govt muzzled tribunals n appeal courts to take ova PDP states through d window. can anybody explain why a tribunal judge will be removed in d middle of court proceedings an replaced by an APC supporter how can wike be given fair hearing in d mids of all these impunity n lawlessness d desperation by APC govt to take ova oyel states especially rivers n akwa ibom has infact shown dat judas ameachi is hopelessly kworopt. he used rivers state funds to sponsor baba london. because of dat, APC ar desperate to nap rivers so dat their doll babe puppet, dukuku will cover their shady dealings.
weldone supreme court, d last home of d comon man. cheesy

The thieves want to cover their tracks. Their chairman John Oyegun could not hide his party APC's desperation to win resource rich states by hook or crook.

3 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by grtfem: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2016
dukie25:
It's obvious the tribunals and courts of appeal are all working for the APC, thank God we have an independent Supreme Court.
Your post lost steam midway, am sure you mean to type ' It's obvious the tribunals and courts of appeal are all working for the APC, thank God WE HAVE A SUPREME COURT THAT WORKS FOR PDP'.

4 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by mildflame: 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2016
kcmichael:

https://www.thecable.ng/supreme-court-tribunal-denied-wike-fair-hearing

After 1wk this is the NONSENSE u SUPREME CRIMINALS come up with.
Ye r all CROOKS 2d CORE...I guess that AIbom would be it shouldn't have been relocated to Abuja

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by drss(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2016
poseidon12:

The thieves want to cover their tracks. Their chairman John Oyegun could not hide his party APC's desperation to win resource rich states by hook or crook.
no mind dem. APC is scam.

2 Likes

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by bedspread: 5:23pm On Feb 12, 2016
Its either phcn has seized your light or u hv not paid your phcn bills. Fayose was right in attendance at wike celebration /thanks giving. And he congratulated and dined with his excellency
olaboy33:
Life goes on......ekiti will pay for it.....i keep wondering why fayose hasnt congratulated wike yet.......just wondering....

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by ofwest: 5:44pm On Feb 12, 2016
The supreme Court judgement was to avoid more death in the creeks
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by ocelot2006(m): 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2016
dunkem21:

..After the wailing, play Ben Bruce ..

.. Ben bruce ..Ben bruce grin

Ben Bruce..Ben Bruce

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by nikz(f): 5:59pm On Feb 12, 2016
Pavarottii:

Wat r ur reasons 4 the post? Knowing d same court upheld Lagos, Ogun, Kebbi and Oyo!
Thank you and even taraba!

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by oismail(m): 7:41pm On Feb 12, 2016
Just can't imagine where our country is going
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by chloee(f): 8:07pm On Feb 12, 2016
themilanway:

JK was simply kiding.
we all know the truth that Lagos was bought and rigged for Jagaban by INEC. PDP won
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by chloee(f): 8:12pm On Feb 12, 2016
please you people should leave the judiciary alone. That is the arm of government that does not require political party to be member of the bench. It is the last hope of the people and should be protected from these negetive critism. Just like ref in a football match, accept whatever the result is and move on.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by DesChyko: 9:17pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:

U are a dimwit. Instead of joining sane minds to condemn a fraudulent judgement,u are here throwing childish tantrums.
These are d kinds of decisions that breed dictatorship if u don't know.With the kind of pressure some people would put on PMB,particularly with revelations of how Wike met the justices,and with the irritating reason they gave today,dont be surprised to see a president that will soon start to wield his enormous powers.
It's your same type that will come out crying.I thought the certain faith of Nnamdi Kanu should have thought your type some lessons in power,but I clearly ascribed more intellect to u than u are due.

I hope this fellow is serving a ban now in violation of Nairaland Rule 2.
APC Mods
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by OBJlive: 9:39pm On Feb 12, 2016
Hey Guys Stop Tearing Yourselves Apart,cos The Judges Of The Sc Knw Better Than We Do.They Know All The Intrigues Going On Over This Case And Have Taken This Decision For The Good Of The State.The Laws were Made For The Good Of Man,they Knw That They Have The Moral Burden Not To Allow A Further Waste Of Live Which A Rerun Would Mean.And Not To Deny The State Quality Dividends Of Democracy Which Retrial Would Have Done
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by otokx(m): 10:02pm On Feb 12, 2016
INEC should just throw away all the card readers.
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by GoodGovernance: 10:14pm On Feb 12, 2016
''Finally the court held that to warrant nullification of an election, a petitioner has to prove that there was substantial non-compliance in all polling units, adding that they failed to bring the issue within this parametre.''

This is a very tall order!

For God's sake,there should be zero tolerance for rigging!Rigging in few polling units should be enough to show that the rigger is a thief! So I must be proven to have stolen enough in ALL polling units,for me to be called a thief!

Now I am more than convinced that the electoral act was drafted by criminals!

More grease to the elbows of riggers!

I weep for Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by akagson: 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2016
themilanway:

JK was simply kiding.
In the same vein, APC can never win Rivers even if Mary becomes pregnant for Joseph a second time.
Dakuku is simply mumuing

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by Jesusloveyou: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2016
doctokwus:
u are right, dis is to confirm that sahara reporter were actually right, that those judges coach wike lawyers that d burden of prove lies on peterside to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Their end wil soon come upon their families

1 Like

Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by baralatie(m): 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2016
GoodGovernance:
''Finally the court held that to warrant nullification of an election, a petitioner has to prove that there was substantial non-compliance in all polling units, adding that they failed to bring the issue within this parametre.''

This is a very tall order!

For God's sake,there should be zero tolerance for rigging!Rigging in few polling units should be enough to show that the rigger is a thief! So I must be proven to have stolen enough in ALL polling units,for me to be called a thief!

Now I am more than convinced that the electoral act was drafted by criminals!

More grease to the elbows of riggers!

I weep for Nigeria!
You should weep for your ignorance about the meaning of what you wrote
Re: Why Supreme Court Declared Wike Winner by maxzzo1(m): 7:19am On Feb 13, 2016
This ur write up is not complete pls do d needful and don't dish out incomplete news....see detail report http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/02/rivers-poll-why-we-reversed-wikes-sack-supreme-court/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: My Deputy Wants Me Dead. / NLC: Buhari Now Captive Of Forces Of Subsidy Removal, Deregulation / Abdulmumin Jibrin Looking Exhausted During The Apc Primaries In Bebeji-pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.