Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? (35123 Views)

Apple Is Changing Its Iphone Naming Pattern For 2018 Releases / Why Pattern Locks Are Not Secure On Android And The Best Alternatives / Meet The World's Most Secured Phone - Gionee M6 With Specs And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by jayriginal: 1:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
Here's how it works. From lifehacker.com

There's no shortage of lockscreens for Android, but Picture Password Lockscreen (inspired by a similar feature in Windows cool may be one to end them all. The app replaces the traditional pattern or swipe-to-unlock screen with a static image, and requires you to draw symbols on a background image that you select in order to unlock your phone. You set the pattern, and only you know how to draw the symbols correctly.

The beauty of Picture Password is that it asks you to draw a dot, a line, and a circle anywhere on a background image before the phone will unlock. When you walk through the setup wizard, you draw those symbols anywhere on the screen you want, and the only way to unlock the phone is to draw them the way you did when you set up the phone. Even if someone watched you do it, they'd have a hard time duplicating the pattern, and there are no on-screen clues to help a stranger or thief unlock your device.

When you set up the app, you have the option to enter a backup PIN and set how many retries you get before you're prompted for it. We strongly recommend you do so, just in case. When I tested the app, it was a little quirky on my Droid Bionic, but it eventually worked smoothly. The video above from XDA-Developer TV shows you how the app works (skip forward to the 2 minute mark to see it in action,) and the app is completely free at Google Play and adds a great layer of security to your phone. If you like the app, there's a "Plus Key" for $4 that adds the time to the lock screen, the ability to start the app on boot, and a few other features.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by dgysoft(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Off what use is password when u can factory reset after ten attempts. No password for phones more especially androids
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Djbaka(m): 1:12pm On Feb 13, 2016
Adesiji77:

Please, tell me about this picture lock; how does it work on a Q10? I didn't explore my device well enough...

Cc: hollowpot15684, Djbaka

It's simple. Settings>security&privacy>device password>picture password.
Just try and explore it, you will select a picture to use, select a choice number and select a position on the picture to place the number.

To unlock, you have to place that particular number on that particular position. The beauty is you can put ur finger anywhere on the screen to do this, just get the combination correctly. Only you know the number and the position, anybody watching is just seeing magic happening.

PS: I believe the people arguing the superiority of this feature have either not tried it or do not fully understand how it works.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by omolola15(m): 1:13pm On Feb 13, 2016
Xhaka:
Most secured still gon be finger print

E be like sey you never get wicked and desperate girlfriend. Na make you sleep she go dey pray.

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Omotaday(m): 1:14pm On Feb 13, 2016
hollowpot15684:
The blackberry 10 picture password is one of the most, if not the most secured securities for mobile phone that I have come across, this lock pattern allows you to unlock your mobile phone without been bothered on who is looking, it also allow u to select your own pics as a pattern.
This pattern is superior to Iphone Pin lock which can be look over the shoulder or its fingerprint lock which can be unlocked when you are asleep.

What is your take on this?
You are wrong. This lock can be opened by random person with luck. I remember when i first bought my q5, when i took it to school, the lock was on it, i needed to go see someone so i dropped the phone for my friend behold when i came back, he has opened it, he said he just moved it anyhow and it opened. it happened to me second time with my another friend. Then the stuff discouraged me to change my lock to password.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Iamlordgee(m): 1:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
I prefer finger print.. Noone can even try it it wont work
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by faites(f): 1:31pm On Feb 13, 2016
I can't use this abeg, it'll get me confused. I have number issues.

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by emmyw(m): 1:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
faites:
I can't use this abeg, it'll get me confused. I have number issues.
Serious?
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by UnknownT: 1:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
If someone knows your password, if he inputs the picture lock wrongly for 5 times, he will then input blackberry and then your password and phone is unlocked

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
UnknownT:
If someone knows your password, if he inputs the picture lock wrongly for 5 times, he will then input blackberry and then your password and phone is unlocked
And I guess the data on the phone would be wiped too shey?
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by UnknownT: 2:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
ayxmania:

And I guess the data on the phone would be wiped too shey?
Nope. I haven't got upto the 10th attempt to know what will happen
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by systemz(m): 2:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
twoondei:
I concur.

You can hardly figure it out if you didn't make the pattern.

But why go through all the stress if you don't have anything to hide?
Who told u i don't have something to hide?
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Missbizy(f): 2:30pm On Feb 13, 2016
That's what am usin and I so love even my bro dt is gud wt computers and stuff does nt aw I do it.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by ChiSun27(m): 2:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
I use it too....very secured and absolutely perfect.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Feb 13, 2016
shitshappen:
And
8 on d branch of d tree
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Chazzyboy: 3:17pm On Feb 13, 2016
oluwafreshkid:

Take a screen shot of ur lock screen 7 times, and I'll tell u wat ur lock code is
7 times what will happen
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by teeastute(m): 3:22pm On Feb 13, 2016
twoondei:
I concur.
You can hardly figure it out if you didn't make the pattern.
But why go through all the stress if you don't have anything to hide?
There would be always something confidential!
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by tomiobj(m): 3:32pm On Feb 13, 2016
hollowpot15684:
The blackberry 10 picture password is one of the most, if not the most secured securities for mobile phone that I have come across, this lock pattern allows you to unlock your mobile phone without been bothered on who is looking, it also allow u to select your own pics as a pattern.
This pattern is superior to Iphone Pin lock which can be look over the shoulder or its fingerprint lock which can be unlocked when you are asleep.

1.it is not a pattern. As the method you normally use to unlock the phone is never the same
2. It is not that secure as my colleagues have actually unlocked it by accident (twice) after numerous attempts.
A difficult but easy to remember password is still your best bet

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by tomiobj(m): 3:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
martineinstein:
Retina scan is still the most secure
Goan watch d film of avengers first and ull know its not

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by eightsin(m): 3:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
The BB picture password is so sophisticated. I even get errors sometimes when I try opening it
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by obidevine(m): 3:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
I believe its the most secure.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 13, 2016
hollowpot15684:

Blackberry always pays attention to things that are of no real value.
Now if that security pattern is the best thing since sliced bread, do you consider the four digit code for your debit card insecure?
Blackberry keeping dull peeps busy since 1900.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Neverquit(f): 5:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
grin

tomiobj:

Goan watch d film of avengers first and ull know its not
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by datigbogirl: 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
CindyeMerAld:
thats for pple who ve samtn to hide...

as if you ain't got skeletons in your closet.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by shitshappen(m): 5:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
NiftyViva:

8 on d branch of d tree

You are right though I made it easy for you, it isn't like that in real life. Plus you have the advantage of comparing eight images side by side.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by olamithey(m): 5:48pm On Feb 13, 2016
Djbaka:

That' the beauty of it. Someone can look from now till 2033, they won't still get your unlock pattern.

A friend has watched me unlock my phone for over a hundred times, but she still has to get my consent everytime she needs to use it. She hates that sh*t!

Honestly, Blackberry deserves loads of credit for this awesome feature.
that's not true, my friend owns a Z10 and I got his lock pattern the moment he unlocked his phone. it's very easy to get!

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by lexyzboy: 6:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
guys can it work on android too
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by hollowpot15684(m): 6:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
lexyzboy:
guys can it work on android too

No it doesn't work on android, its just for BlackBerry 10..
Android is also working on their own pattern, something very similar to that.

1 Like

Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by hollowpot15684(m): 6:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
olamithey:
that's not true, my friend owns a Z10 and I got his lock pattern the moment he unlocked his phone. it's very easy to get!

Everybody hates th pattern.. too complicated especially when u use the scrambled picture like I posted... that alone affect their brain
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by hollowpot15684(m): 6:36pm On Feb 13, 2016
xbee20:
Pls, as anybody been able to figure out d unlock pattern of the picture posted... I bet you won't be able to do that till I become the king of my village coolPls, as anybody been able to figure out d unlock pattern of the picture posted... I bet you won't be able to do that till I become the king of my villagem....RoFT

Let them screenshot 80 times, nothing will relate.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by hollowpot15684(m): 6:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
hollowpot15684:

cc: lalasticlala do the needful for this post.
Re: Is The Blackberry10 Most Secured Security Pattern For Mobile Phone? by Djbaka(m): 7:51pm On Feb 13, 2016
olamithey:

Your friend doesn't fully understand the feature i can say, for you to get the pattern in one try.

Unless u have a "super-ultra" sharp retentive memory to remember the position of all numbers on screen at the point of unlock at various instances, then you can have a shot at decoding the pattern. Trust me, it's a near-perfect security feature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panic Over SIM Card Re-registration Deadline (photos) / How To Use Special Writing Style And Fonts On Whatsapp / Whatsapp Keeps Their Word, Now Free (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.