Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,308 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? (12873 Views)

How Long Did It Take Your Current Employer To Call You After Interview? / She Sent This Message To Her Recruiter Barely A Week After Interview / Which Recruitment Firm Is Zen Group? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by douchesnozzle(m): 12:53pm On Feb 13, 2016
My current job took almost a yr from aptitude test to resumption. Like someone rightly pointed out, entry level recruitment aren't that critical to a firms operations hence the final decision depends on many factors.
My advice is that u explore other options while still hoping as Nigeria HR can be very unpredictable.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by abubakaa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 13, 2016
Kelklein:
we all know who they r taking after..

lipsrsealed
werey re oo shocked

u be PDP chairman
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by nenergy(m): 1:11pm On Feb 13, 2016
hector:
However, its been almost two weeks and I have not heard from them.
Your own is 2 weeks and you're worried. I've been on hold since december. They called me 31st afternoon to know how soon I can resume. Since then nothing. OP, sometimes when the recruitment is sharp-sharp, the job will NOT make sense. Sometimes it can mean they've suspended the recruitment or they found someone closer/cheaper. Anyways, get busy while you wait. God will soon pick your call!

2 Likes

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by olayinkajnr(m): 1:23pm On Feb 13, 2016
omenpetrol:
Union bank said they would get back to me shortly in 2014. Na shortly i still they, it 2016 now. AxaMansard since Feb 2015 no feedback. I just they observe.

Lolz, same shoes with you. I had a training with FBN since 2014, did documentation and medicals... Till now, no posting... But sha, Man dey survive. God help us all
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by spankyflex(m): 1:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Only two weeks and you are complaining! I and several other peeps on this forum have been on a recruitment drive since 2013 so your own case na apprentice
Mr mehn those guys will soon win an award ooo
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Tanyogo(m): 1:49pm On Feb 13, 2016
Hey bro, I had my interview 12th October last year and documented in November last year, and another interview last month. I just got an offer yesterday. It goes through a long process, except where there is urgent need, but remember recruiting firms always have outsourced staff waiting for deployment. Be patient, they are still searching for your placement, u have to meet with their client first.

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by emmasonadx(m): 2:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Mine is over a year now.... And no one has been recruited....
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by DisGuy: 2:18pm On Feb 13, 2016
You are a ghost worker!! grin

Some oga is probably collecting salary on your behalf!

In saner environments, if you've not heard from recruiters two weeks after interview you've been unsuccessful

The positions are usually verified and approved before adverts;
All the checks should have been done before inviting candidates for interviews

At the end of the day you will see all the toronto MBA degrees and obodo oyinbo training these HR directors parade about
with their bulky suits sweating like xmas goats

simple process they cant have in place
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Exponental(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
1. you failed or 2. company not ready due to a. cash constraints b. improper organization
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by ladyF(f): 2:52pm On Feb 13, 2016
airsaylongcon:
Only two weeks and you are complaining! I and several other peeps on this forum have been on a recruitment drive since 2013 so your own case na apprentice
Lol as I opened this topic, I just knew I would see a familiar moniker...and voila! grin QMD 2020
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by airsaylongcon: 2:58pm On Feb 13, 2016
ladyF:

Lol as I opened this topic, I just knew I would see a familiar moniker...and voila! grin QMD 2020

Hian they have shifted it to 2020 again? They said 2019 before o tongue
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by ladyF(f): 3:02pm On Feb 13, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Hian they have shifted it to 2020 again? They said 2019 before o tongue
Lol na me just put that one just now grin
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by jeje123(m): 3:10pm On Feb 13, 2016
DonUjay:
why won't it take Long when your Village People are still alive
What a bitter truth u must be a good observant!
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Mushood: 3:24pm On Feb 13, 2016
I got a call to come and pick up my appointment letter after 6 months of interview, I just ignored dem cos I have moved on after 3months of nothing from dem.
So 2 weeks na beans o

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Ibkabasa(m): 5:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
Haha jst 2wiks,bros jst pray hrd nd try applyin place 2,same tin wit waitin 4 firstbank tru VLA but till nw aftr exam,intvw nd evn induction trainin.well I dnt wait 4 dem sha am nw wrkin wit MTN.
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by obo389(m): 6:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
LaurelP:
Just two weeks. I have seen where someone had to wait for 11 months before he was hired. Calm down.
my own na one and half year.
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by dejavubobo1(m): 7:19pm On Feb 13, 2016
airsaylongcon:

What does the bold word mean?
ur view
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by KanoAbiaBabe(f): 7:47pm On Feb 13, 2016
No time frame,it all depend on the organization,some might be immediately others weeks,months even a year,while some won't call you because the positions applied has been given to their own persons. May God help the unemployed youths in Nigeria.
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Rich4god(m): 9:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
omenpetrol:
Union bank said they would get back to me shortly in 2014. Na shortly i still they, it 2016 now. AxaMansard since Feb 2015 no feedback. I just they observe.
Union bank don already call for training school...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by phemmie06(m): 9:40pm On Feb 13, 2016
Can you tell me the goods they produce?
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by sundayslim(m): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
hector:
I went for a recruitment test and an interview in one of this recruitment firms. i did well in the two exercise and I think I stand a good chance of being selected for the job. However, its been almost two weeks and I have not heard from them. I called two other persons who went for the same interview with me and they said they are yet to hear from them like they told us. Could it be that something is wrong? or its normal for recruiting firms to stay for this long before sending the result or response to the people they interviewed?

You're services are not needed for now then. If you were needed, they wouldn't take the risk of losing you by keeping you waiting..
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Timbuktu14(m): 1:39am On Feb 14, 2016
badmajor:
Bro that's Nigeria 4 u, funny things happen during recruitment in dis country. Mine is a month now and I've not heard anything and it wz more than successful. Whn I picked up courage today to ask them y I've not heard frm them they said the postion wz filled internally (internal recruitment). I called some guys I met there who happen 2 apply for diff positions and they told me they were told dsame thing.
Why conduct the interview when you've got people you want to put in these positions? That was how this Whytecleon Limited or whatever wasted my time and my little resources back in November for a mere security position! I got confused and was even thinking it could be because of my grade like it matters (Security man). Then i realise i wasn't even the only 'ignored' one. In fact, they eventually didn't call any of us. Telling us to wait like we'll be waiting till we get messed up forever! Smh.

Thanks to baslone for giving me something that puts food on my table and sort out my responsibilities for me. I'm off the hook of these time wasters for good!

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Horlawale1(m): 8:42am On Feb 14, 2016
Still waiting for workplace to kindly call me oo.
Did another one yesterday still the same old stories will get back to u

Moving on sha with my 2-digit pay work. I know one day it will definitely be 7-digit pay.

Respecting my humble beginning...

1 Like

Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Feb 14, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Why conduct the interview when you've got people you want to put in these positions? That was how this Whytecleon Limited or whatever wasted my time and my little resources back in November for a mere security position! I got confused and was even thinking it could be because of my grade like it matters (Security man). Then i realise i wasn't even the only 'ignored' one. In fact, they eventually didn't call any of us. Telling us to wait like we'll be waiting till we get messed up forever! Smh.

Thanks to baslone for giving me something that puts food on my table and sort out my responsibilities for me. I'm off the hook of these time wasters for good!
I'm really impressed with this write up boss.
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Timbuktu14(m): 5:27pm On Feb 14, 2016
Vikings007:
I'm really impressed with this write up boss.
Thanks Boss! smiley Howdy?
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Feb 14, 2016
Timbuktu14:
Thanks Boss! smiley Howdy?
chilling in villa grin
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Timbuktu14(m): 6:36pm On Feb 14, 2016
Vikings007:
chilling in villa grin
cheesy cheesy Not back in form just yet? grin
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Nobody: 6:41pm On Feb 14, 2016
Timbuktu14:
cheesy cheesy Not back in form just yet? grin
still trying to arrange my own visit to England.
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by Timbuktu14(m): 6:43pm On Feb 14, 2016
Vikings007:
still trying to arrange my own visit to England.
Cool bro smiley All the best sir wink
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by fweshyboi(m): 10:10pm On Feb 14, 2016
same tin down here.. after writen test .. they mail me saying I was successful that I should wait for directive on 2nd phase of interview ... almost 3months now am still waiting ... thank God I got other job keeping me going
Re: Why Is It Taking So Long For A Recruitment Firm To Hire After Interview? by godoluwa(m): 10:56pm On Feb 17, 2016
Vikings007:
chilling in villa grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Wartsila Marine And Power Services Engineering Trainee Vacancy 2017 / Hear My Testimony / National Unity And Peace Corps.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.