Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,163 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here (1879 Views)

Help: MS Excel / Solve Partial Differentiatial Equation Using Ms Excel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 10:38am On Feb 13, 2016
Get it solved here. Drop all problems here
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by yutsuf(m): 7:09am On Feb 14, 2016
just tell me how to link a sheet to another.... by just one click

1 Like

Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 4:50pm On Feb 14, 2016
yutsuf:
just tell me how to link a sheet to another.... by just one click

Could you elaborate please ?

Do you mean something like a macro or button that takes you to another sheet when clicked ?
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 14, 2016
I need to know how to link 10 stylesheets together in a single click.
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by T4kbaba(m): 5:53pm On Feb 14, 2016
emymeeky:

Do you mean something like a macro or button that takes you to another sheet when clicked ?

Yes, explain this.
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 6:01pm On Feb 14, 2016
T4kbaba:

Yes, explain this.

Record a macro and assign it to a button
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by rahman3853(m): 12:53am On Feb 15, 2016
I think what he is saying is, he having different spreadsheets in a workbook and wants a spread sheet to be the main sheet that has options to go to other sheets on a click. Just like DDM in Interpreters and Compilers. Am I write pls?
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 7:34am On Feb 15, 2016
rahman3853:
I think what he is saying is, he having different spreadsheets in a workbook and wants a spread sheet to be the main sheet that has options to go to other sheets on a click. Just like DDM in Interpreters and Compilers. Am I write pls?

I think you're right. It's very simple and can only be done using a VBA macro. I'll assume he may want other cells hidden apart from the main cell and would require buttons ,specific to each sheet which will activate them .
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 7:38am On Feb 15, 2016
dhtml18:
I need to know how to link 10 stylesheets together in a single click.

Could you upload a sample workbook at http://d-h.st/ so I can try and fix it ?
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by yutsuf(m): 7:42am On Feb 15, 2016
emymeeky:

like maybe a code i can write in a cell... and when clicked, it'll link me directly to another sheet/file
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by yutsuf(m): 7:43am On Feb 15, 2016
rahman3853:
Guess yes!
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by T4kbaba(m): 9:52am On Feb 15, 2016
emymeeky:

Record a macro and assign it to a button
Explain in details please.
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 11:37am On Feb 15, 2016
yutsuf:

like maybe a code i can write in a cell... and when clicked, it'll link me directly to another sheet/file

It's simple . just upload a sample of the workbook I can work with on http://d-h.st and send the download link
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 11:41am On Feb 15, 2016
T4kbaba:

Explain in details please.

You can actually record a macro ( if you have enabled your developers option ) and assign the macro on any button or text
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by T4kbaba(m): 2:39pm On Feb 15, 2016
emymeeky:

You can actually record a macro ( if you have enabled your developers option ) and assign the macro on any button or text

l have developers option.How should l assign macro on button.
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by yutsuf(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2016
emymeeky:

It's simple . just upload a sample of the workbook I can work with on http://d-h.st and send the download link
what if i don't know aw to do that
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 6:44pm On Feb 15, 2016
yutsuf:

what if i don't know aw to do that

You mean uploading to the website?
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by yutsuf(m): 6:41am On Feb 17, 2016
emymeeky:

You mean uploading to the website?
yh
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 8:48am On Feb 17, 2016
yutsuf:
yh

Then I can't help
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by Elegantdiva: 8:53am On Feb 17, 2016
What is the work of macro in excel ?
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by rahman3853(m): 11:00pm On Feb 17, 2016
emymeeky:

I think you're right. It's very simple and can only be done using a VBA macro. I'll assume he may want other cells hidden apart from the main cell and would require buttons ,specific to each sheet which will activate them .
VBA macro is the best solution but all he needs to to is use the reference commands and I suggest renaming the spreadsheets to the simplest form so as not to bring up bugging syntax errors
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 8:36am On Feb 18, 2016
rahman3853:
VBA macro is the best solution but all he needs to to is use the reference commands and I suggest renaming the spreadsheets to the simplest form so as not to bring up bugging syntax errors

Naming is not the problem . he only has to save it in a macro-enabled format

1 Like

Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by emymeeky: 8:38am On Feb 18, 2016
Elegantdiva:
What is the work of macro in excel ?

Macros are set of VBA programs that can be used to give a deeper instructions to excel. Writing a macro has an environment in excel . you can trigger the environment by pressing ALT F11
Re: I'll Help With Any Ms Excel Issues Here by Elegantdiva: 12:30pm On Feb 18, 2016
Tell me how to use it

(1) (Reply)

3 Universities With The Most Influential Tech Communities In Nigeria / Gsm Programming Language / Microsoft Programming Competition: Nigerian Students To Travel To Usa In July

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.