Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,827 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess (2809 Views)

You Can’t Remove Me On Pages Of Newspaper, Oyegun Tells Tinubu / Omokri Reacts To The Distribution Of Capital Projects In The 2016 Budget / Dogara, Lasun, Leo Ogor Padded The 2016 Budget - Sahara Reporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by babaijesha1(m): 9:37pm On Feb 13, 2016
Djicemob:
This is not a time to have a trainee government at the helm of affairs.Nigeria is becoming a laughing stock all over the world.Its almost as if we dont have a governtment in place.
it's not trainee, is a mistake. Even you can make mistake
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by babaijesha1(m): 9:43pm On Feb 13, 2016
vivalavida:
That our national budget has been treated in such a shambolic, scruffy and scornful manner, the only inference that can be drawn from this whole nauseating episode therefore is that Buhari and the government he leads, has shown a contemptible level of irresponsibility and incompetence.

And that is the truth!

Spot on
is a mistake, anybody can make mistake even you. Let give our president time to fight corruption
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by BushidoBlue(m): 10:27pm On Feb 13, 2016
BeardedMeat:
Mehn! ......if you see silos of yam wey him hide inside the budget.... grin

4 Likes

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 10:34pm On Feb 13, 2016
babaijesha1:
is a mistake, anybody can make mistake even you. Let give our president time to fight corruption
I doubt if they are criticising objectively, they always seek every available opportunity to wail.
Pmb was placing so much trust in those unrepentant thieves and fraudsters called civil servants, some of those civil servants are the wailers you read their evil comments here, PMB even said they were the ones doing the real work and the ministers are "noise makers", i guess he has been humbled now. The "noisemakers" are screaming and talking up about the fraud in their budget ministries. The technolooters masquerading as technocrats in civil service must be placed on close watch as budget 2016 is effectively implemented. I have seen this ruckus as a blessing in disguise, and i am sure some of those technolooters will end up in jail , because they are stubborn goats, and you know a goat cant just stop hunting to eat stolen yams, even at the risk of its life.
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by BushidoBlue(m): 10:42pm On Feb 13, 2016
babaijesha1:
it's not trainee, is a mistake. Even you can make mistake

Ok I've had enough

Hold it hold it

Mistake koor miss Kate ni...

My friend, PMB had 6 months... before he could bring in ministers

He brought them in and without prior knowledge a budget was passed which had their ministries allocation inflated....

[size=18pt]Drama 1) the budget got missing
hey who stole it... till now we don't know...

Drama 2) the budget was adjusted or returned or whatever lie APC and u want to tell us....
Senators were like, "it's the budget of change"
"The budget which will move Nigeria into greatness..."

Drama 3) Minister after minister coming out to deny the inflated figures in their budget...[/size]

Please and please tell another lie....

You see you may have forgotten all of this but that's November till February summarised for you.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by BushidoBlue(m): 10:44pm On Feb 13, 2016
chinchum:
I doubt if they are criticising objectively, they always seek every available opportunity to wail.
Pmb was placing so much trust in those unrepentant thieves and fraudsters called civil servants, some of those civil servants are the wailers you read their evil comments here, PMB even said they were the ones doing the real work and the ministers are "noise makers", i guess he has been humbled now. The "noisemakers" are screaming and talking up about the fraud in their budget ministries. The technolooters masquerading as technocrats in civil service must be placed on close watch as budget 2016 is effectively implemented. I have seen this ruckus as a blessing in disguise, and i am sure some of those technolooters will end up in jail , because they are stubborn goats, and you know a goat cant just stop hunting to eat stolen yams, even at the risk of its life.

You never Chi Chum Chin....
Keep goading these people until they ruin the economy you hear...

BTW was it the civil servants who stole d first missing budget, replaced it and didn't criss check only to lead themselves here?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by Borderless: 10:55pm On Feb 13, 2016
chinchum:
That is still not much of an issue, the ministers can harmonise what they have for each ministries , and a new one is sent to the national assembly with the presidents assent. There have been times in the past when budget were passed in April, that is not to say that is ideal or right, but the current admin is a new one,not just a new admin, but a new party in power after 16 uninterrupted years of PDP. it has a higher likelihood for teething issues.

Just listen to your silly excuses. What does the change in political party at the centre have to do with knowing what to do to kick-start the promised change? I wonder when these so called teething problems would stop. Age 4?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by ekeneidiagbor: 10:56pm On Feb 13, 2016
chinchum:
That is still not much of an issue, the ministers can harmonise what they have for each ministries , and a new one is sent to the national assembly with the presidents assent. There have been times in the past when budget were passed in April, that is not to say that is ideal or right, but the current admin is a new one,not just a new admin, but a new party in power after 16 uninterrupted years of PDP. it has a higher likelihood for teething issues.

how does 16years of PDP inhibits the current govt from drawing up a meaningful budget?

so PDP is to be blamed for this economic heresy this govt calls a budget?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by BushidoBlue(m): 11:01pm On Feb 13, 2016
chinchum:

One question.
Who were those in the presidential economic team when this failed budget was being created?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 11:09pm On Feb 13, 2016
BushidoBlue:

One question.
Who were those in the presidential economic team when this failed budget was being created?

The devil is in the details. Those in charge of the details have shown they cant be trusted. The president economic team had a holistic focus, a bigger picture, a medium term framework 2016-2018.

Make no mistake, the budget 2016 has some very good areas , i have no doubt all of these bullshit will be sorted out in a short while.
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 11:15pm On Feb 13, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You never Chi Chum Chin....
Keep goading these people until they ruin the economy you hear...

BTW was it the civil servants who stole d first missing budget, replaced it and didn't criss check only to lead themselves here?

No budget was stolen, i guess someone was trying to cover up certain embarassments in the budget by unofficially attempting to replace it, but it is all good if ministers are openly disowning evil, and I am not too impressed with all these still PDP at heart Ita enangs /udo udoma that PMB is working with anyway.
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by PreyingMantis(m): 11:25pm On Feb 13, 2016
EternalTruths:
Buhari wanted to steal.

Unfortunately for him , Nigerians caught him. grin
The Zombies from the SouthWastern Axis of Evil won't agree with you

1 Like

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by PreyingMantis(m): 11:35pm On Feb 13, 2016
woodcook:
You guys have got talents. It baffles me how you guys could come up with excuses for inexcusable actions. Now I know the supposedly propaganda machinery of APC is for real. I give it you guys, you know your craft very well. Bravo! Bravo!! Bravo!!!
Those robots have been damaged beyond repair. There's nothing you and I can do about them. It's not really about blind support.... Majority of them are Paid Hacks whose job description is to specifically invade the Nigerian cyberspace for the sole purpose of spreading propaganda and defending the indefensible. We are truly in perilous times.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by BushidoBlue(m): 12:48am On Feb 14, 2016
chinchum:

The devil is in the details. Those in charge of the details have shown they cant be trusted. The president economic team had a holistic focus, a bigger picture, a medium term framework 2016-2018.

Make no mistake, the budget 2016 has some very good areas , i have no doubt all of these bullshit will be sorted out in a short while.

You haven't answered my question

You initially blamed civil servants..
So you mean the current crop of ministers didn't go through the budget after it was embarrassingly missing?

The senators who hailed it didn't go through it before calling it the budget of change??
Please enlighten us...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by Sharplogger(m): 4:12am On Feb 14, 2016
chinchum:
The errors are not beyond redemption, some wailing zombies are crying more than the bereaved. The budget is still a DRAFT and not yet an ACT. Any error discovered now can be corrected , it is a good thing ministers have disowned some of these paddings and are willing to make corrections; that shows integrity. The ministers had less than 30 days to oversee the budget. What the budget errors also shows is that there are still several stubborn goats, mostly civil servants (Dgs,permsecs, Directors, e.t.c) who still want to have a taste of yams from Nigeria's barn. I believe by the second week of March, that is less than a month from now, the budget will be passed, the current government is suffering from teething issues, which is clear , but the wailing zombies always pray for the failure of the current government, so they can wail as they were predestined on March 28, 2015.

having gone tru ur profile...u are not to be taken seriously...I'll pass
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by Splashme: 7:07am On Feb 14, 2016
kingbasil:
Apshits!!! Apc playing opposition against itself... what better thing to say than more grease to your elbow!!! grin grin
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 8:37am On Feb 14, 2016
Sharplogger:

having gone tru ur profile...u are not to be taken seriously...I'll pass
this is s social media, where teenagers who can't even vote think they have opinion, in real life, you probably will be too star struck to look me in the eyes . go and sit down somewhere.
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 8:48am On Feb 14, 2016
BushidoBlue:

You haven't answered my question

You initially blamed civil servants..
So you mean the current crop of ministers didn't go through the budget after it was embarrassingly missing?

The senators who hailed it didn't go through it before calling it the budget of change??
Please enlighten us...
No budget was missing, stop allowing the media sensationalise to the point you can't think for your self. Your opinion does not have to be medias opinion. Beyond the media noise, i can unferstand what the problem was. The fact still remains the budget is a draft and not yet an appropriation act.. The budget draft must be defended by ministers and respective agencies and parastaltals, at the committee level of national assembly and corrections will be made. There has never been a time the budget draft always end up unchanged at the national assembly .
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by talktimi(m): 8:59am On Feb 14, 2016
chinchum:
No budget was missing, stop allowing the media sensationalise to the point you can't think for your self. Your opinion does not have to be medias opinion. Beyond the media noise, i can unferstand what the problem was. The fact still remains the budget is a draft and not yet an appropriation act.. The budget draft must be defended by ministers and respective agencies and parastaltals, at the committee level of national assembly and corrections will be made. There has never been a time the budget draft always end up unchanged at the national assembly .
the budget actually went missing and this particular one is different from the original one Buhari presented in December

1 Like

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by chinchum(m): 9:10am On Feb 14, 2016
talktimi:
the budget actually went missing and this particular one is different from the original one Buhari presented in December
No, it did not, what I can infer is that a few copies were tendered on the day of presentation, and subsequently attempts were made to submit a different version by the liaison of the presidency and national assembly creating problem of disparity.
Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by sunnyb0b0(m): 9:12am On Feb 14, 2016
baralatie:

Passingshot and ngenekwenu

They now view topics like this as guests.

1 Like

Re: The 2016 Budget; 1,800 Pages Of Putrid Mess by talktimi(m): 9:17am On Feb 14, 2016
sunnyb0b0:

They now view topics like this as guests.
how can anybody defend this travesty without being mad ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Braking News : How Edo State Election Was Ring / PHOTO: Edo Residents Beat Drum Of War, Storms INEC Office In Angry / The Pythons Dance, What Is The Tune? By Johnydon22

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.