Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:25 AM

Car Owners Beware! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Car Owners Beware! (747 Views)

For Car Owners. Improve Maintainance/fuel Efficiency For Your Cars. / Peace Of Mind For Vehicle/fleet Owners / Car Owners Manual Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Owners Beware! by keyremotes(m): 9:06pm On Jul 06, 2009
A very worrying trend is being noticed.
Some greedy and knowledgeable people are on the loose right now all over the country.

Their target is anyone who has lost keys to vehicles fitted with the passive TRANSPONDER security system.

When you loose your Transponder keys you are supposed to get replacement s for them. But these criminals are convincing people to diSable their transponder systems since "they cannot get replacements".

Just this evening again I spoke with someone who was advised by a "FRAUDULENT NIGERIAN" to disable his transponder system.

[size=14pt]"The "transponder" key.
Most modern automobiles have keys with transponders hidden inside the plastic head of the key. When a key is inserted into the ignition lock cylinder and turned, the car's computer sends a radio signal to the transponder. Unless the transponder replies with a valid code, the computer will not allow the engine to be started. Transponder keys have no battery; they are energized by the radio signal itself".
[/size]
[size=18pt]THE FACTORY FITTED TRANSPONDER SECURITY SYSTEM IN YOUR VEHICLE IS THE MOST SECURED FOR YOUR VEHICLE.

PEOPLE WHO HAVE HAD THE UGLY EXPERIENCE OF MISPLACING OR LOSING THESE KEYS ARE BETTER ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE IMPOSSIBILITIES IN GETTING THEIR VEHICLES TO START WITHOUT THE CORRECT TRANSPONDER KEYS.

WHY WOULD YOU THEN WANT TO TRADE THAT FOR A DISABLED SYSTEM?

THERE IS NO ROOM FOR SHORT CUT IN THIS MATTER. IF ANYONE TELLS YOU TO DISABLE YOUR TRANSPONDER SYSTEM, HE IS A FRAUD.

THIS IS VERY RAMPANT IN BENIN CITY AS I HAVE BEEN MADE TO UNDERSTAND BY SOME VICTIMS.
[/size]

Please let's all rise up against this kind of criminality.
Re: Car Owners Beware! by dantitiki(m): 8:03am On Jul 07, 2009
Good notification.
This is a rel BEWARE message,

Kind regards.
Re: Car Owners Beware! by keyremotes(m): 10:28pm On Jul 07, 2009
Nairalanders please join this [size=28pt]WAR[/size] against these vandals.
Re: Car Owners Beware! by 190: 3:51am On Jul 08, 2009
why is it that u now used benin in particular
be careful my friend
na only we dey!
Re: Car Owners Beware! by oblo(m): 7:28am On Jul 08, 2009
^^^^^^^^^^

I wonder too, shuo!!!
Re: Car Owners Beware! by keyremotes(m): 11:38am On Jul 08, 2009
oblo:

^^^^^^^^^^

I wonder too, shuo!!!
190:

why is it that u now used benin in particular
be careful my friend
na only we dey!
I am from Uromi in Edo state.
So there is no special reason for using Benin City.

Moreover they say "Charity begins at home".

Is that really the issue?
I would have expected you guys to say you will join in this campaign.
Re: Car Owners Beware! by keyremotes(m): 8:14am On Sep 10, 2012
[size=18pt]We are offering highly discounted prices for our keys and remotes
In October to mark the 52nd independent anniversary of our nation Nigeria.

Please watch out for details on .[/size]
Re: Car Owners Beware! by 1stblessed: 8:23am On Sep 10, 2012
my keyless remote is not working. I have replaced battery but not still working. Can you help please?
Re: Car Owners Beware! by keyremotes(m): 2:44pm On Sep 13, 2012
@1stblessed:
Please call our office on 08029990359 and we'll get your remote back in working condition.

(1) (Reply)

Discussion: 1996 Camry(orobo) And 1993 Honda Accord(halla) / Urgently In Need Of Honda Passport 2002 Or Isuzu Rodeo 2002 / I Need A Naija Used 03 To 05 Honda Accord Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.