Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,649 members, 7,813,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:25 AM

12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. (500 Views)

While You Are Hating The Nigerian Police: 12 Things You Didn't Know / 12 Things Everyone Does But No One Admits To (pics) / 12 Things You’ll Understand If You’ve Ever Gone Shopping At A Nigerian ‘boutique (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by shogotermies(m): 10:28pm On Feb 13, 2016
1: power outrage
All Nigerians are adapted to power outrage. we ourselves don't even care about power supply due to fact that there is a generator set,which means every person with a gen set, consider power supply to be irrelevant..

2: Generator set noises
This has become our adaptation after the electricity distribution companies has failed to do their job. right now has I type this post, my own gen set noise is banging into my ears,but wetin man go do. it is better to hear the noises than to die of heat.

3: Traffic
Everyone living in the urban settings like Lagos, p Harcourt, abuja etc understands this, we all, have been adapted that's why we got people selling gala,soft drinks, chips,watches,clock,households items, shoes,etc even In traffic, I still wonder if the traffic is a mobile shop,for these hawkers.

4: Bad roads
Nigerians are been adapted to bad roads,that why we don't feel bad when we mistakenly bump into potholes and gallops, some commuters in public transport will be like .
woman: driver!pass the ground now,u no see say that motor don leave.
driver:ok.
(he drives into it)
woman: driver!!you no sabi this road,the person wey drive me yesterday, understand am well well!!

5: Hip hop music
most Nigerians are adapted to this,that's why,we don't have the songs on our phone but can sing 1/2 of the song.

6: international movies
we all love watching the American, British, Indian, Mexican movies. in an average Nigerian's home u see at least 10 packs of international movie.

7: violation of traffic
it never a new thing for Nigerians when u see someone coming through one way,when someone drive pass even when the traffic light is red,when the zebra crossing means nothing.

8: phone addiction
everyone is guilty of this, mostly the youth, no one can stay 30mins without its phone, we spend have of our day with our phone around us.

9: scammers and fraudster
everyone has been adapted to scammers,we don't fall for petty cheats and tricks.

cooperate beggar: please I need 2k to return to abuja, I was robbed,I only have 500 naira
man: bring the 500 naira let me go to the ATM and withdram the 2k for u.
c.b: why do u have to collect the five hundred naira
man: its a cashless society,so I need to pay the bike man.

10: corrupt leaders and money laundered.
we all believe its an habit,that's y Nigerians are like "if I go for chairman of local govt. money don come!"

11: celebrity beefs
we thinks this is normal,right from the time of plantation boys, dbanj and do jazzy, wandecoal and donjazzy,wi zkid and dammy krane etc

12:add yours
Re: 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by missingrib(f): 10:33pm On Feb 13, 2016
everybody knows how to dance shoki even a two year old child.
Re: 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by vicstar(m): 10:45pm On Feb 13, 2016
that's why we are damn unique! cool
Re: 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by missKiffy(f): 11:00pm On Feb 13, 2016
Wetin man go do
Re: 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Feb 13, 2016
y
Re: 12 Things You Are Adapted To As A Nigerian. by Chazzyboy: 12:08am On Feb 14, 2016
Survivors

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To LIB Fans, Fans Of Celebrities, Celebrities And Linda Ikeji / Photos: Pastor Preaches From Inside Coffin At Popular Bus Stop In South Africa / LAUTECH Management Should Refund Our Money

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.